[ROM][KITKAT][UNOFFICIAL] Cyanogenmod 11 for SM-T800 16gb

Search This thread

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
CyanogenMod (pronounced /saɪ.'æn.oʊ.dʒɛn.mɒd/) is an enhanced open source firmware distribution for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile operating system. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/About

Code:
#include 

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

Instructions
1. Download the zip(s) - firmware and Google Apps additional package (optional)
2. Download and install a compatible recovery
3. Wipe data, system & cache partitions and flash firmware
4. Optional: install the Google Apps additional package

"Always do a clean flash when coming from other roms or versions:
Stock -> cm-11.0: clean flash
Build 1116 - -> Build 1122: dirty flash should be sufficient"

Known Issues:
- XBMC and some games touch input will fail. A work around would be to purchase a bluetooth keyboard, they are pretty cheap from ebay, or use your existing one to navigate inside XBMC until we solve the problem.
- audio routing does not work when making calls with viber, hangout or skype while connected to bluetooth headset.
- MHL output the colours wrong and audio does not route to tv.
- Google movies will crash if you want to download locally.

cm-11-20150520-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi.zip
cm-11-20150520-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi.zip.md5sum

LATEST 17/6/2016
cm-11-20160617-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi.zip
cm-11-20160617-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi.zip.md5sum

Google Apps additional package:
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

TWRP:
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s/orig-development/recovery-twrp-2-7-1-0-touch-recovery-t2817100

device tree
kernel for exynos 5420
vendor

Thanks to CyanogenMod team and thanks to:
Nvertigo67 fixing many bugs, eousphoros for starting the intital port to klimwifi, suzook for letting us hog his thread :), crpalmer , to allow
finally to create the build for SM-T800.
Special big thanks to Nvertigo67 for his ongoing hard work on this rom.

How to soft reset your tablet:

If for any reason your tablet freezes or you flash the wrong kernel and the tablet stops responding, please do the following:

Hold the power key + volume down + home button for at least 10 - 15 seconds, the tablet should go to download mode. press the volume down key, the tablet will restart.
if you want to go to recovery, then while you are still in download mode, as soon as you click the volume down, quickly hold the power button + volume up + home button key, this should then take you to your recovery screen.

last edited 05/20/2015

Last edited:

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
For Users who prefer to disable the capacitive buttons, and are annoyed by flashing capacitive light now and then, simply flash one of the following kernels with twrp and restart.

no_capacitive_buttons_chagallwifi_CM_7_11_2014.zip (tested and stable)

no_capacitive_buttons_chagallwifi_CM_8_11_2014.zip
added extra governors

below are the standard kernel that are found in the roms:

chagall-ingo-v1.zip

chagallwifi_cm_7_11_2014.zip

08_11_14_CM11_kernel.zip
added extra governors

These will work only on cm11 chagallwifi, please don't flash this kernel if you are running stock Samsung firmware, your device will not boot.

Last edited:

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Guideline on flashing written by Nvertigo67:

Very dirty flash:
flash rom
flash gapps
[optinal but recommended for some apps to work i.e. Titanium] flash chainfires SuperSU

Dirty flash:
[optional for paranoids - 'cause it's done from installer-script in the process of flashing] wipe /system
wipe cache
wipe dalvik-cache
flash rom
flash gapps
[optional] flash SuperSU

Clean flash
factory reset in recovery - (without wiping /data/media) this resets your settings and deletes your installed apps
[optional for paranoids - 'cause it's done from installer-script in the process of flashing] wipe /system
wipe cache
wipe dalvik-cache
wipe data (without wiping /data/media) this resets your settings and deletes your installed apps
flash rom
flash gapps
[optional] flash SuperSU

Very clean flash
factory reset in recovery - (without wiping /data/media) this resets your settings and deletes your installed apps
wipe cache
wipe dalvik-cache
wipe data (without wiping /data/media) this resets your settings and deletes your installed apps
wipe internal memory
flash rom
flash gapps
[optional] flash SuperSU

I recommend ALWAYS a "Clean flash", though myself I do many times "Dirty flash"es while testing. Whenever I run in issues, I reflash the "Clean flash" way. On the issues with Camera2 I even did "Very clean flash"es - to ensure no old data is interfering.

On many threads it is MANDATORY to have done a "Clean flash" before reporting issues. Not so here - and I want to leave it this way. But always ask yourself: how many times have I done a dirty flash? Have I tested and edited files? Is it time to "Clean flash"?

I count on users good judgment - all participants on this beta-test has shown this so far.

BTW: Thank you for helping making this rom better!

Nvertigo

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4405529

Here are the newest builds. From now (Christmas 2014) I change the structure of this posting. The most recent build will be no longer at the end of the posting but right at the beginning of the post right after credits, issues, installation, recomedations and sources.

Credits:
  • @Barracuda77777 (without his contributitions and encouragement there would be no cm11 rom. He alone saved me from loosing myself in source code! Whenever I got stuck he came up with the brilliant change or the day saving idea. Thank you, brother!)
  • @UpInTheAir (most of the code changes in the kernel from the last 10 days before Christmas are from his SkyHigh kernel. He let me use his code, and most important: he explained with endless patience to me what I was doing... ;) To reflect this the default branch of our kernel is no longer cm-11.0 but cm-11.0-sh [sh for small sister of SkyHigh]. Thank you, mate!
  • @crpalmer (for picassowifi device and kernel gits - the base @Barracuda77777 and me sstarted of from)
  • @eousphoros (for his device git: the base for @crpalmers work)
  • @halaszk88, @faux123 and all the others I forgot

Known Issues:
  • xbmc (and some games) does not take touch input
  • MHL has no sound and wrong colors
  • If you map MENU to a capacitive key (no matter if key itself or "long press", it will not work - workaround: do not map MENU to anything at all, then the apps are forced to show action overflow menu (aks 3 dot menu)

Installation:
  1. I recommend twrp 2.7.1.1 for backup, restore and flashing. Others my work, but twrp 2.8.1.0 has problems
  2. Do a nandroid backup (and try at least once a restore to be sure it works - reboot to recovery in between backup and restore)
  3. Download and check md5 checksum
  4. read thread (reread postings 1 to 5)
  5. Always do a "clean flash" as described in #3 (if you are already on our cm11 rom you can try a "dirty flash" as described in #3 - if you come from any other rom "clean flash" is mandatory!)

Recomended:
  1. I use chainfires SuperSU - though I like koushs rom-buildin superuser because it is opensource, TitaniumBackup only works with Chainfires SuperSU
  2. Third party installations of busybox may affect rom; read this.

Source code:
Device: https://github.com/nvertigo/android_device_samsung_chagallwifi
Kernel: https://github.com/nvertigo/android_kernel_samsung_chagallwifi
Binaries: https://github.com/nvertigo/android_vendor_samsung_chagallwifi
Script to repack and resign flashable zip to make some symbolic links in /system while flashing: https://github.com/nvertigo/repackrom
Standard build branch for device and vendor is cm-11.0, for kernel cm-11.0-sh.

WARNING: try to not ask already answered questions - this will lead to bad karma, which leads to unwanted side-effects in your life. Kidding, of course - but really try to read the thread.

Build 0101 (Happy New Year Build)

Mainly a maintain release. Small performance/battery enhancements: Added power efficient workques and bfq again (thanx to @UpInTheAir); added biomic optimizations again (we had them some time ago, but @Barracuda77777 and me thought they were responsible for some unstabillity issues - after barracuda had found the reason was something else, I forgot to readd again - till now). f2fs code is updated and is no module any longer but build in kernel (I'm trying to migrate rom to f2fs with no success so far, it's not bootin at the moment).

I recommend the settings this build comes up with (cfq, 400 (aka 200) MHz min speed, interactive, to name the most important. But you can play with and find the best for your personal usecase. (simple settings via Settings->Performance; advanced fine tuning can be done in 01systemtuning in /system/etc/init.d - if you don't know what that means, leave file alone!). Brancheas are cm-11.0 for device and vendor and cm-11.0-sh for kernel.

• 01moduleload: remove f2fs module from loading, 'cause we need it in kernel to boot from. Nvertigo
  • change actual mounts of /system /cache and /data to f2fs Nvertigo
  • cleaned up overlay. Nvertigo
  • Fix Typo credit NBruderman barracuda7
  • tune bionic a bit - works on manta. Nvertigo
  • f2fs: filesystem version 3.4.y [20140903] dennes544
  • set permissions of block/bfq*[ch] to 0644. Nvertigo
  • enabled bfq iomscheduler. Nvertigo
  • workqueue: fix permission for power_efficient [neobuddy89] UpInTheAir
  • CPUFREQ: ondemand: use power efficient wq! [halaszk] UpInTheAir
  • workqueue: add system wide power_efficient workqueues (squash commits
  • bfq-iosched: tuning for SSD [anarkia1976] UpInTheAir
  • scheduler: update BFQ-v7r4 to BFQ-v7r5 for 3.4.0 [Paolo Valente] UpInTheAir
  • scheduler: BFQ-v7r4 for 3.4.0 [Paolo Valente] UpInTheAir

MD5: 0890de20a55f97c2a382ddbf9ec7b079
ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-11-20150101-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip

Click for older changelogs:

Build 1224 (Christmas Build)

Besides updating upstream I tried to reduce battery usage. Therfore I extensivly changed kernel code (thanx to @UpInTheAir; see above). I added /system/etc/10systemtuning as a playground (documentation and exsamples are in the file itself - if you don't understand leave it alone, works fine "as is").

• repo sync at 23/12 21:30h UTC
  • changed min freq to 200 MHz (actualy 400 MHz) in /system/etc/init.d/10systemtuning
  • changed toolchain for building the kernel to arm-eabi-4.8 Nvertigo
  • added /system/etc/10systemtuning for - you guessed it - system tuning. Nvertigo
  • media_codecs.xml: changed OMX.google.h264.decoder to OMX.ffmpeg.h264.decoder to fix broken preview of video thumbnails. Nvertigo
  • compiler: changed CROSS_COMPILE to arm-eabi-4.8 for out of tree building. Nvertigo
  • arch/arm/mach-exynos/sec_misc.c: dereference pointer to make sizeof() work with arm-eabi-4.8
  • Samsung warnings Christopher R. Palmer
  • cpufreq: tidy up UpInTheAir
  • beautyfied last commit: changed some spaces back to tabs again. Nvertigo
  • sched: LOAD_FREQ (4*HZ+122)
  • kernel: sched: LOAD_FREQ (4*HZ+61)
  • lib: memcopy & string use glibc version [Miao Xie] UpInTheAir
  • mali gpu: lower treshold for 177 to 30 and for 266 to 50 to prevent lagging after idle. Nvertigo
  • add a runtime dependency checker [AndreiLux] UpInTheAir
  • update cyanogenmod_chagallwifi_defconfig to 3.4.105 Nvertigo
  • CHROMIUM: clocksource: allow clocksources to be selected earlier during boot [Andrew Bresticker] UpInTheAir
  • gpu: ion: system_heap: add support for 2MB allocations [Mitchel Humpherys] UpInTheAir
  • arch/arm: compile with full -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 & hard float UpInTheAir
  • enable CONFIG_KERNEL_MODE_NEON Nvertigo
  • ARM: implement KERNEL_MODE_NEON [halaszk] UpInTheAir
  • enable CONFIG_USB_ANDROID_SAMSUNG_MTP again. Nvertigo
  • Compile stock and Samsung MTPs together [AndreiLux] UpInTheAir
  • block: deadline: allow 0ms deadline latency, increase the read speed [tuxiaobing] UpInTheAir
  • block: deadline: Optimize for non-rotational [myfluxi] UpInTheAir
  • Revert "Usual tuning of deadline for flash." Nvertigo
  • exynos cpu: disabled 250 MHz, enabled 200 and 100 MHz. Nvertigo
  • mali gpu: lowered min freq to 100 MHz, enabled 533MHz, optimized up/down stepping. Nvertigo

Download:
MD5: f710f5b26d0d342b4414ea9221eb5487
ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-11-20141224-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip

Same build as yesterday, but mic is working now:
MD5: b20000c9075719b242f212abb7d2fe93
ROM:https://www.dropbox.com/s/35tbuj4nu4ca2e9/cm-11-20141029-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip?dl=0

Camera seems to be fixed
camera libs reworked - now using wrapper
keyboard bluetooTh fixed
1000 fixes I forgot - see git
Repo synced 5pm GMT

MD5: 4fa6c50d42c661c0f426a76051f6ff9f
ROM: http://162.220.240.98/ftp/nvertigo/cm-11-20141101-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip

• New try to fix camera2 (reverted three commits - if not clean flashed delete data from camera2 and gallery3d)
  • Readded some codecs
  • Cleaned /system/etc/wifi (to get wifi running in the first place, I had make a mess: copied to much files, did not symlink, but had the same files several times. Now only nessecaty files and symlinks in place)
  • cleanup: took out framework entries for, barometer, step detector, step counter. Not needed barracuda7
  • min/max cpugrequencies selectable (settings/performance)
  • as always: 1000 small things
  • Update: binary blobs to latest firmware: NJ1

MD5:d12610c30a1a875ed7e0f43a387c85c2
Rom:http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-11-20141104-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip

1106 Build
  • Tuned bionic
  • Kernel: patched in most of fixes/optimizations from picassowifi (thanx to crpalmer!) in. (not including the patchup to .104)
  • Kernel: optimized deadline for flash-devices
  • Kernel: don't block the flusher thread waiting on IO

Build from github.com/nvertigo/android_*_samsung_chagallwifi branch my-work.

MD5: 96ca0e513eebc52189171859fb192056
http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo//cm-11-20141106-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip

1111 build

I've undone the optimizations when ironing out the cast issue. Not included at this build:
  • biomic otimization
  • deadline optimization
  • Don't block flusher on IO

New Features:
  • High Touch Sensivity (aka Globe Mode; for some mystherical reason it's in Languahe/Input)
  • Adaptive Backlight (don't know if it has great effect, if you are using autobrightness, but it does no harm when using both of them)

Fixes:
  • cast screen (thanx to barracuda helping me to find the commits, that brake it; thanx to the user pointing me to castreceiver for making my n10 to a chromecast for testimg)
  • Disable Buttons when softkeys are active now working

Regressions:
When using Buttons they will flash on standby. At the moment I can either get the disabling when using softkeys to work (staying disabled after standby and reboot) or I can get rid of the flashing. It's some strange interaction with sensorlib [this is settings lights on and imidietly off again and makes the flashing] I had to do further inverstigation.
This is a workaround for flashing buttons

Still not working:
  • xbmc
  • ANT+
  • MHL

MD5: 711a4eaefb6ff1720dd9364e8258b505
ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-11-20141111-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip

Build 1116

This is a kind of stable release. I incorperated everything what proved to be stable or working. No new features, one bugfix. Mainly I'vemgone back to the congiguration where the capacitive buttons aren't flashing when active - to avoid reactivating of capacitive buttuns after first lock/unlock cycle when using softkeys (aka,on-screen-keys) flash this kernel. REMEMBER to activate softkeys BEFORE reboot to recovery and flashing kernel without tc300k driver!
To get back the capacitive keys flash this one.
Also I have disabled tethering, 'cause it's not really of any use and not working on our 3g/4g-free device.

I have changed my build environment from oracel-java-1.7 to icedtea-7 (bootsttaoed and build locally on my gentoo system). Though cm build script is spitting warnings it builds just fine.

Capacitve keys work as they should: they don't flash on standby - backlight is configurable.

Bugfix:
  • increased dalvik.vm.heapminfree from 512Kb to 2Mb for our large display

Features added:
  • added flash friendly filesystem (f2fs) support to kernel (and recovery - which is NOT! included in zip)

MD5: cc074fa69e9e91215a2d85aa2d50278b
ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-11-20141116-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip

Kernel without capacitive keys driver: chagall-20141116-wo-tc300k.zip
Original kernel from 1115 rom with capacitive keys driver: chagall-20141116.zip

Build 1122 (first daily driver release)

As stated I try to develop towards stability and useability, not towards features and speed. Fot those of you waiting for a SkyHigh kernel with all the settings, OV, UC I'be bad news: some of the kernel enhancements does not play nice with our rom.

But back to the new build: I've decided to take everything which is not fully supported by our rom out: last time I kicked tethering, this time I took out the on screen navbar (we are missing a sysfs interface to disable capacitive keys permanently while usimg onscreen navbar - the workaround with capacitive-keys-driver-free kernel broke language settings; so it was time to get a feature we can't completly support out of the rom). But before you you cry: There will be an alzernative! Hurray will publish a step-by-step HowTo to get onscreen navnar and disable capacitive keys. So even without the setting in the rom you have the freedom to use what you want.

By cleaning out the rom this is the first time I feel able to recomment this rom as a true daily driver! (Of course this doesn't mean it's bugfree, but it's stable, fast, featurefull and usefull.)

Fixes:
  • haptic feedback on capacitive keys (thank you @svardman !)
  • fix capacitive buttons / fix broken languahe support by taking out setting from rom

New:
  • make kernel modular
  • add eseay to use /system/etc/init.d/01moduleload script (simply add module to MODLIST and execute script on shell or reboot)
  • make some fs (which are not needed for boot) modular and load them automaticaly on boot
  • added kernel support for nfs3 (not activated in 01moduleload)
  • added xpad.ko (not activated in 01moduleload)

MD5: a2d9452255998f455540ecaae3c789f2
ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-11-20141122-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip

Build 1128

This build will be the last for a couple of weeks. I won't have access to my development host for about 7 weeks. When home again I will probably work on cm12.

XBMC and MHL is still not fixed - and fixing them is beyond my scope. Whoever feels able to fix them is highly invited to join development.

All other issues shoild be fixed. As for the two last builds: It's stable, fast and has a wuize decent battary life comparable to stock.

Who wants to use onscreen nav bar and disable capacitive keys should follow the procedure posted by @hurray in this posting

Changes:
  • kernel rebased on sammy NJ2 and updated to 3.4.104
  • repo syncd 20141128 8:00 h UTC

MD5: 231bb35d0a5d305ea8229cc9dcbefd6d
ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-11-20141128-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip

Build 1206 Santa Claus

Maintainance release. Kernel updated to 3.4.105. repo synced.

MD5: d5fb397ee8fb48b7937ebcf3b9c691ea
ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-11-20141206-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip

Last edited by a moderator:

ares.

Oct 28, 2012
I need the capacitive buttons
That why I will install the other version
Thank you so much for making this rom.
But can I ask what is the 'No Capacitive buttons at the kernel level'
Mean cannot use the back and task???
Only can use the home button???
Thanks again

Last edited:

Barracuda77777

Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Xiaomi Mi 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
I need the capacitive buttons
That why I will install the other version
Thank you so much for making this rom.
But can I ask what is the 'No Capacitive buttons at the kernel level'
Mean cannot use the back and task???
Only can use the home button???
Thanks again

I will post a kernel that enables capacitive buttons soon in the 1st post.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ares.
D

Deleted member 4405529

I will post a kernel that enables capacitive buttons soon in the 1st post.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I'm just doing a clean build with working mic and all the capacitive buttons fixes.
Be patient. But you can always use my yesterdays build with the modified mixer_paths.conf from barracuda77777.

Reactions: ares.

ykkfive

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
thanks for you guys' hard work, although I am not a cm user

btw, I would suggest to make it a preference and let users to choose whether to enable the captive buttons instead as to minimize your effort to maintain the port, as well as some users may need working buttons for some reasons so they don have to flash another kernel in the middle of work or playing games, for instance

D

Deleted member 4405529

New Nvertigo Build

New Nvertigo Build up.

post#5

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

thanks for you guys' hard work, although I am not a cm user

btw, I would suggest to make it a preference and let users to choose whether to enable the captive buttons instead as to minimize your effort to maintain the port, as well as some users may need working buttons for some reasons so they don have to flash another kernel in the middle of work or playing games, for instance

It'small about freedom of choice: you have the choice between a rom entirely without capacitive buttons (barracuda), and a rom with the choice to dis-/enable it... ;)

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Pretty well???? It kicks stock tw crap! Samsung should hire these guys!

Thanx for your kind words - but first of all: thank you fo your patients with us two thraedjackers!

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Can someone please test:

- BT-Headset
- BT-Keyboard
- HDMI-Out (thinkmsammy hasma prporietary cable for that one - might be wrong)
- all kind of media

Thank you.

Reactions: bcontins

Galdan

Mar 14, 2008
Also from me, thank you very very much for the awesome work!

Just a question. Don't know if thats even possible. Wouldnt it be much easier for you to maintain just one build and let the user decide during flashing if he wants to use capacitive buttons or not. Perhaps this would be possible by using "Aroma Installer" or something like this.

Again, kudos from me.

johoja

Mar 19, 2010
New Nvertigo Build up.

post#5

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

It'small about freedom of choice: you have the choice between a rom entirely without capacitive buttons (barracuda), and a rom with the choice to dis-/enable it... ;)

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Thanx for your kind words - but first of all: thank you fo your patients with us two thraedjackers!

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Can someone please test:

- BT-Headset
- BT-Keyboard
- all kind of media

Thank you.

I can confirm BT-Keyboard works

HDMI-Out - 'KIND OF' works it looks like the color yellow is missing? And audio does not get routed to the tv via the HDMI out - ( the color, and audio ) both work okay with TW Rom. If we can get this to work it would be amazing - let me know if there are any logs I can give that would help.

jrock60

Oct 13, 2009
Tested HDMI out on a 10 pin mhl adapter with no luck. same adapter works on htc one m8 gpe.

johoja

Mar 19, 2010
New Nvertigo Build up.

post#5

Can someone please test:

- BT-Headset
- BT-Keyboard
- all kind of media

Thank you.

Tested HDMI out on a 10 pin mhl adapter with no luck. same adapter works on htc one m8 gpe.

I got some output using my cable using nvertigo67's rom - did you get no output at all ? Did the dongle work with the stock rom ? The problem with wtih mine is the color yellow is missing, and audio is not being routed via the HDMI cable ( i think there is currently an issue with audio and BT headsets as well ??)

jrock60

Oct 13, 2009
Im running:
cm-11-20141028-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi.zip

The cable did not work on touchwiz

johoja

Mar 19, 2010
Im running:
cm-11-20141028-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi.zip

The cable did not work on touchwiz

If your cable did not work with TW then it will not work with CM - my cable was working perfectly with TW - and with CM11 ROM its running into the color/audio issues but i still do get an output.

One problem with the BT-Keyboard - in the TW rom when you have a keyboard connected it disables the softkeyboad on the screen ( this doesn't) seem to happen for the CM11 ROM

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod (pronounced /saɪ.'æn.oʊ.dʒɛn.mɒd/) is an enhanced open source firmware distribution for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile operating system. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/About

Code:
    #include 

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Instructions
    1. Download the zip(s) - firmware and Google Apps additional package (optional)
    2. Download and install a compatible recovery
    3. Wipe data, system & cache partitions and flash firmware
    4. Optional: install the Google Apps additional package

Known Issues:
    - XBMC and some games touch input will fail. A work around would be to purchase a bluetooth keyboard, they are pretty cheap from ebay, or use your existing one to navigate inside XBMC until we solve the problem.
    - audio routing does not work when making calls with viber, hangout or skype while connected to bluetooth headset.
    - MHL output the colours wrong and audio does not route to tv.
    - Google movies will crash if you want to download locally.

cm-11-20150520-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi.zip
    cm-11-20150520-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi.zip.md5sum

LATEST 17/6/2016
    cm-11-20160617-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi.zip
    cm-11-20160617-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi.zip.md5sum

Google Apps additional package:
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

TWRP:
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s/orig-development/recovery-twrp-2-7-1-0-touch-recovery-t2817100

device tree
    kernel for exynos 5420
    vendor

Thanks to CyanogenMod team and thanks to:
    Nvertigo67 fixing many bugs, eousphoros for starting the intital port to klimwifi, suzook for letting us hog his thread :), crpalmer , to allow
    finally to create the build for SM-T800.
    Special big thanks to Nvertigo67 for his ongoing hard work on this rom.

How to soft reset your tablet:

If for any reason your tablet freezes or you flash the wrong kernel and the tablet stops responding, please do the following:

Hold the power key + volume down + home button for at least 10 - 15 seconds, the tablet should go to download mode. press the volume down key, the tablet will restart.
    if you want to go to recovery, then while you are still in download mode, as soon as you click the volume down, quickly hold the power button + volume up + home button key, this should then take you to your recovery screen.

last edited 05/20/2015
    D
    Deleted member 4405529
    Here are the newest builds. From now (Christmas 2014) I change the structure of this posting. The most recent build will be no longer at the end of the posting but right at the beginning of the post right after credits, issues, installation, recomedations and sources.

Credits:
    • @Barracuda77777 (without his contributitions and encouragement there would be no cm11 rom. He alone saved me from loosing myself in source code! Whenever I got stuck he came up with the brilliant change or the day saving idea. Thank you, brother!)
    • @UpInTheAir (most of the code changes in the kernel from the last 10 days before Christmas are from his SkyHigh kernel. He let me use his code, and most important: he explained with endless patience to me what I was doing... ;) To reflect this the default branch of our kernel is no longer cm-11.0 but cm-11.0-sh [sh for small sister of SkyHigh]. Thank you, mate!
    • @crpalmer (for picassowifi device and kernel gits - the base @Barracuda77777 and me sstarted of from)
    • @eousphoros (for his device git: the base for @crpalmers work)
    • @halaszk88, @faux123 and all the others I forgot

Known Issues:
    • xbmc (and some games) does not take touch input
    • MHL has no sound and wrong colors
    • If you map MENU to a capacitive key (no matter if key itself or "long press", it will not work - workaround: do not map MENU to anything at all, then the apps are forced to show action overflow menu (aks 3 dot menu)

Installation:
    1. I recommend twrp 2.7.1.1 for backup, restore and flashing. Others my work, but twrp 2.8.1.0 has problems
    2. Do a nandroid backup (and try at least once a restore to be sure it works - reboot to recovery in between backup and restore)
    3. Download and check md5 checksum
    4. read thread (reread postings 1 to 5)
    5. Always do a "clean flash" as described in #3 (if you are already on our cm11 rom you can try a "dirty flash" as described in #3 - if you come from any other rom "clean flash" is mandatory!)

Recomended:
    1. I use chainfires SuperSU - though I like koushs rom-buildin superuser because it is opensource, TitaniumBackup only works with Chainfires SuperSU
    2. Third party installations of busybox may affect rom; read this.

Source code:
    Device: https://github.com/nvertigo/android_device_samsung_chagallwifi
    Kernel: https://github.com/nvertigo/android_kernel_samsung_chagallwifi
    Binaries: https://github.com/nvertigo/android_vendor_samsung_chagallwifi
    Script to repack and resign flashable zip to make some symbolic links in /system while flashing: https://github.com/nvertigo/repackrom
    Standard build branch for device and vendor is cm-11.0, for kernel cm-11.0-sh.

WARNING: try to not ask already answered questions - this will lead to bad karma, which leads to unwanted side-effects in your life. Kidding, of course - but really try to read the thread.

Build 0101 (Happy New Year Build)

Mainly a maintain release. Small performance/battery enhancements: Added power efficient workques and bfq again (thanx to @UpInTheAir); added biomic optimizations again (we had them some time ago, but @Barracuda77777 and me thought they were responsible for some unstabillity issues - after barracuda had found the reason was something else, I forgot to readd again - till now). f2fs code is updated and is no module any longer but build in kernel (I'm trying to migrate rom to f2fs with no success so far, it's not bootin at the moment).

I recommend the settings this build comes up with (cfq, 400 (aka 200) MHz min speed, interactive, to name the most important. But you can play with and find the best for your personal usecase. (simple settings via Settings->Performance; advanced fine tuning can be done in 01systemtuning in /system/etc/init.d - if you don't know what that means, leave file alone!). Brancheas are cm-11.0 for device and vendor and cm-11.0-sh for kernel.

• 01moduleload: remove f2fs module from loading, 'cause we need it in kernel to boot from. Nvertigo
    • change actual mounts of /system /cache and /data to f2fs Nvertigo
    • cleaned up overlay. Nvertigo
    • Fix Typo credit NBruderman barracuda7
    • tune bionic a bit - works on manta. Nvertigo
    • f2fs: filesystem version 3.4.y [20140903] dennes544
    • set permissions of block/bfq*[ch] to 0644. Nvertigo
    • enabled bfq iomscheduler. Nvertigo
    • workqueue: fix permission for power_efficient [neobuddy89] UpInTheAir
    • CPUFREQ: ondemand: use power efficient wq! [halaszk] UpInTheAir
    • workqueue: add system wide power_efficient workqueues (squash commits
    • bfq-iosched: tuning for SSD [anarkia1976] UpInTheAir
    • scheduler: update BFQ-v7r4 to BFQ-v7r5 for 3.4.0 [Paolo Valente] UpInTheAir
    • scheduler: BFQ-v7r4 for 3.4.0 [Paolo Valente] UpInTheAir

MD5: 0890de20a55f97c2a382ddbf9ec7b079
    ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-11-20150101-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip

Click for older changelogs:

Build 1224 (Christmas Build)

Besides updating upstream I tried to reduce battery usage. Therfore I extensivly changed kernel code (thanx to @UpInTheAir; see above). I added /system/etc/10systemtuning as a playground (documentation and exsamples are in the file itself - if you don't understand leave it alone, works fine "as is").

• repo sync at 23/12 21:30h UTC
    • changed min freq to 200 MHz (actualy 400 MHz) in /system/etc/init.d/10systemtuning
    • changed toolchain for building the kernel to arm-eabi-4.8 Nvertigo
    • added /system/etc/10systemtuning for - you guessed it - system tuning. Nvertigo
    • media_codecs.xml: changed OMX.google.h264.decoder to OMX.ffmpeg.h264.decoder to fix broken preview of video thumbnails. Nvertigo
    • compiler: changed CROSS_COMPILE to arm-eabi-4.8 for out of tree building. Nvertigo
    • arch/arm/mach-exynos/sec_misc.c: dereference pointer to make sizeof() work with arm-eabi-4.8
    • Samsung warnings Christopher R. Palmer
    • cpufreq: tidy up UpInTheAir
    • beautyfied last commit: changed some spaces back to tabs again. Nvertigo
    • sched: LOAD_FREQ (4*HZ+122)
    • kernel: sched: LOAD_FREQ (4*HZ+61)
    • lib: memcopy & string use glibc version [Miao Xie] UpInTheAir
    • mali gpu: lower treshold for 177 to 30 and for 266 to 50 to prevent lagging after idle. Nvertigo
    • add a runtime dependency checker [AndreiLux] UpInTheAir
    • update cyanogenmod_chagallwifi_defconfig to 3.4.105 Nvertigo
    • CHROMIUM: clocksource: allow clocksources to be selected earlier during boot [Andrew Bresticker] UpInTheAir
    • gpu: ion: system_heap: add support for 2MB allocations [Mitchel Humpherys] UpInTheAir
    • arch/arm: compile with full -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 & hard float UpInTheAir
    • enable CONFIG_KERNEL_MODE_NEON Nvertigo
    • ARM: implement KERNEL_MODE_NEON [halaszk] UpInTheAir
    • enable CONFIG_USB_ANDROID_SAMSUNG_MTP again. Nvertigo
    • Compile stock and Samsung MTPs together [AndreiLux] UpInTheAir
    • block: deadline: allow 0ms deadline latency, increase the read speed [tuxiaobing] UpInTheAir
    • block: deadline: Optimize for non-rotational [myfluxi] UpInTheAir
    • Revert "Usual tuning of deadline for flash." Nvertigo
    • exynos cpu: disabled 250 MHz, enabled 200 and 100 MHz. Nvertigo
    • mali gpu: lowered min freq to 100 MHz, enabled 533MHz, optimized up/down stepping. Nvertigo

Download:
    MD5: f710f5b26d0d342b4414ea9221eb5487
    ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-11-20141224-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip

Same build as yesterday, but mic is working now:
    MD5: b20000c9075719b242f212abb7d2fe93
    ROM:https://www.dropbox.com/s/35tbuj4nu4ca2e9/cm-11-20141029-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip?dl=0

Camera seems to be fixed
    camera libs reworked - now using wrapper
    keyboard bluetooTh fixed
    1000 fixes I forgot - see git
    Repo synced 5pm GMT

MD5: 4fa6c50d42c661c0f426a76051f6ff9f
    ROM: http://162.220.240.98/ftp/nvertigo/cm-11-20141101-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip

• New try to fix camera2 (reverted three commits - if not clean flashed delete data from camera2 and gallery3d)
    • Readded some codecs
    • Cleaned /system/etc/wifi (to get wifi running in the first place, I had make a mess: copied to much files, did not symlink, but had the same files several times. Now only nessecaty files and symlinks in place)
    • cleanup: took out framework entries for, barometer, step detector, step counter. Not needed barracuda7
    • min/max cpugrequencies selectable (settings/performance)
    • as always: 1000 small things
    • Update: binary blobs to latest firmware: NJ1

MD5:d12610c30a1a875ed7e0f43a387c85c2
    Rom:http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-11-20141104-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip

1106 Build
    • Tuned bionic
    • Kernel: patched in most of fixes/optimizations from picassowifi (thanx to crpalmer!) in. (not including the patchup to .104)
    • Kernel: optimized deadline for flash-devices
    • Kernel: don't block the flusher thread waiting on IO

Build from github.com/nvertigo/android_*_samsung_chagallwifi branch my-work.

MD5: 96ca0e513eebc52189171859fb192056
    http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo//cm-11-20141106-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip

1111 build

I've undone the optimizations when ironing out the cast issue. Not included at this build:
    • biomic otimization
    • deadline optimization
    • Don't block flusher on IO

New Features:
    • High Touch Sensivity (aka Globe Mode; for some mystherical reason it's in Languahe/Input)
    • Adaptive Backlight (don't know if it has great effect, if you are using autobrightness, but it does no harm when using both of them)

Fixes:
    • cast screen (thanx to barracuda helping me to find the commits, that brake it; thanx to the user pointing me to castreceiver for making my n10 to a chromecast for testimg)
    • Disable Buttons when softkeys are active now working

Regressions:
    When using Buttons they will flash on standby. At the moment I can either get the disabling when using softkeys to work (staying disabled after standby and reboot) or I can get rid of the flashing. It's some strange interaction with sensorlib [this is settings lights on and imidietly off again and makes the flashing] I had to do further inverstigation.
    This is a workaround for flashing buttons

Still not working:
    • xbmc
    • ANT+
    • MHL

MD5: 711a4eaefb6ff1720dd9364e8258b505
    ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-11-20141111-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip

Build 1116

This is a kind of stable release. I incorperated everything what proved to be stable or working. No new features, one bugfix. Mainly I'vemgone back to the congiguration where the capacitive buttons aren't flashing when active - to avoid reactivating of capacitive buttuns after first lock/unlock cycle when using softkeys (aka,on-screen-keys) flash this kernel. REMEMBER to activate softkeys BEFORE reboot to recovery and flashing kernel without tc300k driver!
    To get back the capacitive keys flash this one.
    Also I have disabled tethering, 'cause it's not really of any use and not working on our 3g/4g-free device.

I have changed my build environment from oracel-java-1.7 to icedtea-7 (bootsttaoed and build locally on my gentoo system). Though cm build script is spitting warnings it builds just fine.

Capacitve keys work as they should: they don't flash on standby - backlight is configurable.

Bugfix:
    • increased dalvik.vm.heapminfree from 512Kb to 2Mb for our large display

Features added:
    • added flash friendly filesystem (f2fs) support to kernel (and recovery - which is NOT! included in zip)

MD5: cc074fa69e9e91215a2d85aa2d50278b
    ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-11-20141116-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip

Kernel without capacitive keys driver: chagall-20141116-wo-tc300k.zip
    Original kernel from 1115 rom with capacitive keys driver: chagall-20141116.zip

Build 1122 (first daily driver release)

As stated I try to develop towards stability and useability, not towards features and speed. Fot those of you waiting for a SkyHigh kernel with all the settings, OV, UC I'be bad news: some of the kernel enhancements does not play nice with our rom.

But back to the new build: I've decided to take everything which is not fully supported by our rom out: last time I kicked tethering, this time I took out the on screen navbar (we are missing a sysfs interface to disable capacitive keys permanently while usimg onscreen navbar - the workaround with capacitive-keys-driver-free kernel broke language settings; so it was time to get a feature we can't completly support out of the rom). But before you you cry: There will be an alzernative! Hurray will publish a step-by-step HowTo to get onscreen navnar and disable capacitive keys. So even without the setting in the rom you have the freedom to use what you want.

By cleaning out the rom this is the first time I feel able to recomment this rom as a true daily driver! (Of course this doesn't mean it's bugfree, but it's stable, fast, featurefull and usefull.)

Fixes:
    • haptic feedback on capacitive keys (thank you @svardman !)
    • fix capacitive buttons / fix broken languahe support by taking out setting from rom

New:
    • make kernel modular
    • add eseay to use /system/etc/init.d/01moduleload script (simply add module to MODLIST and execute script on shell or reboot)
    • make some fs (which are not needed for boot) modular and load them automaticaly on boot
    • added kernel support for nfs3 (not activated in 01moduleload)
    • added xpad.ko (not activated in 01moduleload)

MD5: a2d9452255998f455540ecaae3c789f2
    ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-11-20141122-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip

Build 1128

This build will be the last for a couple of weeks. I won't have access to my development host for about 7 weeks. When home again I will probably work on cm12.

XBMC and MHL is still not fixed - and fixing them is beyond my scope. Whoever feels able to fix them is highly invited to join development.

All other issues shoild be fixed. As for the two last builds: It's stable, fast and has a wuize decent battary life comparable to stock.

Who wants to use onscreen nav bar and disable capacitive keys should follow the procedure posted by @hurray in this posting

Changes:

ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-11-20141128-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip

Build 1206 Santa Claus

Maintainance release. Kernel updated to 3.4.105. repo synced.

MD5: d5fb397ee8fb48b7937ebcf3b9c691ea
    ROM: http://charlesingo.mine.nu/ftp/nvertigo/cm-11-20141206-UNOFFICIAL-nvertigo-chagallwifi.zip
    D
    Deleted member 4405529
    Hey fellas .. I just rooted and installed TWRP. Which build would you recommend as stable for a newcomer like myself 11/11 or the latest?

Also.. Do i need to flash SUPERSU after the rom and gapps zip? I thought CM is usually pre-rooted.

I recommend 1122 - or better 1128; I'm uploading at the moment, will take some time due to 3g. It's a bit confusing, but the newest and most stable builds are in post #5.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

For those who are also do not want the capacitive buttons anymore I have a workaround:

Step 1:
    - reboot into recovery and flash the appended "virtual_keys_disable.zip"

Step 2:
    - Install GMD Auto Hide Soft Keys ★ root
    - Open GMD Auto Hide Soft Keys (give root-access if prompted)
    - Under "General" set "Device Has Soft Keys" and "Start On Boot"
    - Under "Trigger" set "Hide in Fullscreen"
    - Under "Quickbar" set under "Look & Feel"-"Theme" a Theme of your choice (I set "Galaxy")
    - In the upper right corner set Service to "On" and enable Notification

- Now you have a hideable Navigation Bar which does not make your screen smaller and the original capacitive buttons are disabled as well. :)

I made the appended zip quick & dirty and test it on my T-800, so any feedback is welcome. :)

Thank you man! I'm just uploading a new build. I will link to this post from #5. Thanx again!

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

thanks so much for this ROM. my tab S was collecting dust, was about the sell it then saw this and it rocks. I would call v 1116 a daily driver

Please look in post #5. 1122 is the most current. I'm uploading 1128 with the updated kernel right now.
    @Barracuda77777: could you empasize looling in #5 for most stable daily driver, please? I think we confuse people who are not reading whole thread...

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

Build 1128

Changes:

Just a private word: either barracuda77777 nor me is asking for donations. But I think it is not asked for too much, that you spend this one second of your liftime to use the "thanx" button. My new kernel patched to 3.4.104 is downloaded by 32 people but only one user thanked. Considering that only half of the 32 really flashed it that means 15 people have bad manners... :( That's only one example. Help and answers of other users aren't appriciated by clicking "Thank you" as well. So i.e. if you use themprocedure from @hurray for onscreen navbar remember your good manners...
    Guideline on flashing written by Nvertigo67:

Very dirty flash:
    flash rom
    flash gapps
    [optinal but recommended for some apps to work i.e. Titanium] flash chainfires SuperSU

Dirty flash:
    wipe cache
    wipe dalvik-cache
    flash rom
    flash gapps
    [optional] flash SuperSU

Clean flash
    wipe cache
    wipe dalvik-cache
    flash rom
    flash gapps
    [optional] flash SuperSU

Very clean flash
    wipe cache
    wipe dalvik-cache
    wipe internal memory
    flash rom
    flash gapps
    [optional] flash SuperSU

I recommend ALWAYS a "Clean flash", though myself I do many times "Dirty flash"es while testing. Whenever I run in issues, I reflash the "Clean flash" way. On the issues with Camera2 I even did "Very clean flash"es - to ensure no old data is interfering.

On many threads it is MANDATORY to have done a "Clean flash" before reporting issues. Not so here - and I want to leave it this way. But always ask yourself: how many times have I done a dirty flash? Have I tested and edited files? Is it time to "Clean flash"?

I count on users good judgment - all participants on this beta-test has shown this so far.

BTW: Thank you for helping making this rom better!

Nvertigo
    For Users who prefer to disable the capacitive buttons, and are annoyed by flashing capacitive light now and then, simply flash one of the following kernels with twrp and restart.

no_capacitive_buttons_chagallwifi_CM_7_11_2014.zip (tested and stable)

no_capacitive_buttons_chagallwifi_CM_8_11_2014.zip
    added extra governors

below are the standard kernel that are found in the roms:

chagall-ingo-v1.zip

chagallwifi_cm_7_11_2014.zip

08_11_14_CM11_kernel.zip
    added extra governors

These will work only on cm11 chagallwifi, please don't flash this kernel if you are running stock Samsung firmware, your device will not boot.