• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][KK][4.4.4][03/07/14] CyanAOSP KK4.4 v4.0.0

Search This thread

darkknigh_t

Jan 13, 2013
Try wiping Dalvik Cache (just that).

Hey sorry for late reply. I did and still the same I can't send a sms cause the app just shuts down saying "Unfortunately, (app name) has stopped."
Its happening all the time now and I really dont know whats happening and why it started all of a sudden :/

EDIT UPDATE: I just factory reset plus wipes and reinstalled your rom and gapps and flashed mackay kernel its working fine now with no problems :)

Just a couple of quick questions.
1.What app do you use to change mackay kernel settings?
2.Do i need to flash big mem libs if i flash semaphore s version(I flashed it once or twice and both times video playback didn't work)?
3. This might be a weird question but when you update your rom you just dirty flash it? Is it necessary to flash gapps again?
I had to flash gapps every time i flashed a new version :/
Thank you :)

Last edited:

ts1506

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2012
Kolkata
Hey sorry for late reply. I did and still the same I can't send a sms cause the app just shuts down saying "Unfortunately, (app name) has stopped."
Its happening all the time now and I really dont know whats happening and why it started all of a sudden :/

EDIT UPDATE: I just factory reset plus wipes and reinstalled your rom and gapps and flashed mackay kernel its working fine now with no problems :)

Just a couple of quick questions.
1.What app do you use to change mackay kernel settings?
2.Do i need to flash big mem libs if i flash semaphore s version(I flashed it once or twice and both times video playback didn't work)?
3. This might be a weird question but when you update your rom you just dirty flash it? Is it necessary to flash gapps again?
I had to flash gapps every time i flashed a new version :/
Thank you :)

1. NSTools for OC and Voltage control, nothing else
2. Yes
3. Dirty flash, gapps needed.

Reactions: darkknigh_t

mosquis71

Oct 30, 2010
If I have this ROM, after I make a nandroid backup, and restore a GB nandroid with lagfix (CF-Root-ext4-v1.3-Addon.apk), does lagfix be a problem to return to this CyanOASP from nandroid?

In clean install has always been recommended to disable lagfix GB, but with nandroid not know if there can be problems.

Thank you very much, greetings.

Sorry for the off topic, but I asked in the general forum and most experts do not think you read it ... ;)

ts1506

Sep 1, 2012
Kolkata
If I have this ROM, after I make a nandroid backup, and restore a GB nandroid with lagfix (CF-Root-ext4-v1.3-Addon.apk), does lagfix be a problem to return to this CyanOASP from nandroid?

In clean install has always been recommended to disable lagfix GB, but with nandroid not know if there can be problems.

Thank you very much, greetings.

Sorry for the off topic, but I asked in the general forum and most experts do not think you read it ... ;)

You cannot restore GB nandroid over any custom AOSP ROM.

Reactions: mosquis71

iluha_ua

Oct 28, 2011
Kiev
food-is-good.com
hey guys :) ts i need a bit help if thats okay i know your good with things like this. i encountered a strage thing i started getting this device is running low on storage memory messages and apps started closing and it wouldnt stop i did the wipes then reflashed the rom and gapps using stock cm kernel and it still happened. i did a reboot and it stopped but still get an low storage space message. i have more than enough room on my phone like over 50 %.
help please :/

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Seems like not enough space in /datadata

I have found that internet-enabled apps caching their data in
/datadata/some.app.name/app_webview/Cache
so that /Cache folders can be safely deleted.
Also clear caches heading to Settings->Storage then click "Cached data"

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: darkknigh_t

L_S

Nov 6, 2011
Hi @ts1506
I found a way to make the animation alternating between quicksettings and notification more smoth, removing the 5 android:background="@drawable/ic_notify_button_bg" from layout status_bar_expanded_header.xml :) If someone want I can create a flashable zip with modded systemui.apk post here.
It's possible you remove only those parts of the lines and all new versions have come without them?

ts1506

Sep 1, 2012
Kolkata
Hi @ts1506
I found a way to make the animation alternating between quicksettings and notification more smoth, removing the 5 android:background="@drawable/ic_notify_button_bg" from layout status_bar_expanded_header.xml :) If someone want I can create a flashable zip with modded systemui.apk post here.
It's possible you remove only those parts of the lines and all new versions have come without them?

Post a flashable zip with modded one and another with stock one. I would like to test out what it changes, but no time to do it myself now.

L_S

Nov 6, 2011
Post a flashable zip with modded one and another with stock one. I would like to test out what it changes, but no time to do it myself now.
Attached both files zip for install by cwm. I only modified the layout by removing the part of the 5 lines as i mentioned, I think do not need to send the original / modified xml file.
Other users please flash ModdedSystemUI.zip and give feedback (what you think, if use with High End graphics or no) here :) If don't like just flash StockSystemUI.zip or flash full rom again. Don't need to do any wipe

Attachments

• ModdedSystemUI.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
  • StockSystemUI.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Aadilnz

Apr 1, 2012
Queensland
Hey @ts1506, your rom is the only 4.4 rom I've tried which works with Skype on the i9000 for me! Awesome!

However I still occasionally have the problem I get with other roms, when calling someone with the latest version of skype, I occasionally get what appears to be Android running out of memory then killing the process. Do you have any ideas of how I could force android to not kill the skype process? I know this is possible for launchers, is it possible for other apps?

I'm just uploading a video of what happens, will post link in a sec

I've tried an older version of skype which doesn't have this problem, but the audio quality is terrible

Edit: Here's the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2SdMsVQ6GI&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

ts1506

Sep 1, 2012
Kolkata
Hey @ts1506, been a while since I've run your roms, but it's the only 4.4 rom I've tried which works with Skype on the i9000 for me.

However I still occasionally have the problem I get with other roms, when calling someone with the latest version of skype, I occasionally get what appears to be Android running out of memory then killing the process. Do you have any ideas of how I could force android to not kill the skype process? I know this is possible for launchers, is it possible for other apps?

I'm just uploading a video of what happens, will post link in a sec

I've tried an older version of skype which doesn't have this problem, but the audio quality is terrible

Edit: Here's the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2SdMsVQ6GI&feature=youtu.be

You can put Skype to LMK Whitelist.
I dont use Skype much, but once or twice I have used it, and it worked great.

Attached both files zip for install by cwm. I only modified the layout by removing the part of the 5 lines as i mentioned, I think do not need to send the original / modified xml file.
Other users please flash ModdedSystemUI.zip and give feedback (what you think, if use with High End graphics or no) here :) If don't like just flash StockSystemUI.zip or flash full rom again. Don't need to do any wipe

Nice work dude, the animation seems a lot smoother. I havent checked out the changes, but is there some issue with the removal of those layout lines ? I havent noticed any though.

EDIT: I have forked android_frameworks_base from CM here. Fork it to your account , make the edits and send me a pull request so I can merge the code.

Last edited:
Reactions: L_S and Aadilnz

Aadilnz

Apr 1, 2012
Queensland
I dont use Skype much, but once or twice I have used it, and it worked great..

Hmm it still seems to be happening, I also have heaps of free ram left (clean install of your rom with only TB, Viber and Skype installed) so maybe it's not that, it works great on my Nexus 5 though.

Any idea what else I could try? Otherwise I'll head over to skype tech support which is probably the worst in the world, or try older android versions.

L_S

Nov 6, 2011
I dont use Skype much, but once or twice I have used it, and it worked great.

Nice work dude, the animation seems a lot smoother. I havent checked out the changes, but is there some issue with the removal of those layout lines ? I havent noticed any though.

EDIT: I have forked android_frameworks_base from CM here. Fork it to your account , make the edits and send me a pull request so I can merge the code.
Sorry I do not have this knowledge and my current pc is very bad, it just runs windows xp as well, I learned to modify apks following guides like "Jellybean navigation layout for CM7 ROM".. But what has to be changed already know, any advanced user can do this. I believe only have to remove the 5 lines with it from here https://github.com/ts1506/android_f...mUI/res/layout/status_bar_expanded_header.xml :confused:
Here is my print showing the difference in both files decompiled (in modded only not has the red part) :D
It mod just remove the clear square when pressing the things (clock, date, clear button, quicksettings and notifications) at the top of the notification bar. I tested with High End graphics and withoutit, not find any bug, force close, etc

Last edited:

ts1506

Sep 1, 2012
Kolkata
Sorry I do not have this knowledge and my current pc is very bad, it just runs windows xp as well, I learned to modify apks following guides like "Jellybean navigation layout for CM7 ROM".. But what has to be changed already know, any advanced user can do this. I believe only have to remove the 5 lines with it from here https://github.com/ts1506/android_f...mUI/res/layout/status_bar_expanded_header.xml :confused:
Here is my print showing the difference in both files decompiled (in modded only not has the red part) :D
It mod just remove the clear square when pressing the things (clock, date, clear button, quicksettings and notifications) at the top of the notification bar. I tested with High End graphics and withoutit, not find any bug, force close, etc

Have a look at the change I made - https://github.com/ts1506/android_frameworks_base/commit/92a65c359cfc7f586a8172c74e73c24101769e84

This is what you did right ?
I will merge this in next build :)

Reactions: L_S and fps_fan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    newcyanaospp.png
    cyanaospdisclaimer.png

Main Features
    1. Fast, stable and intended for gamers
    2. Built from CM11 source with O3 optimizations, heavily debloated , no 3rd party apps are installed.
    3. Modified CM Kernel included (for now, since CyanCore is not yet ready)
    4. Additional tweaks ( vary from version to version )
    5. For those people who love ROMs with lots of themes , customizations , apps etc , please leave now , you will be disappointed , this ROM is not for you.

I understand that my ROM will sound simple and backward to many, but it is a stable and fast base for gaming, probably the fastest without OC, and with OC, it flies.......

Due to the cleanness of this ROM, it will provide exceptional battery backup too.

So do you users want a clean gaming oriented ROM or do you want your gaming to be riddled with problems and lags forever?

Feature Requests accepted, but only stuff which enhances the speed and stability, or betters gaming speed without lessening stability will be added.

Known Bugs
    Some minor CM bugs

Install Procedure for best performance
    You should take a nandroid backup if anything goes wrong

1. Wipe data , cache , dalvik cache (required while changing layout)
    2. Format system and datadata (required while changing layout)
    3. Install CyanAOSP ROM.
    4. Install my Gapps package (required) , link below.
    5. Set up the ROM and leave it alone for 10-15 mins.
    6. Reboot again and enjoy.

Download Link
    ROM - Download - For 4.0.0, go here instead.
    Gapps - Download

Screenshots - Here

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanAOSP KK4.4.4 ROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S I9000

Contributors
    ts1506
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be flashed from a recent 4.3 or 4.4 build
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 4.0.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-07-03

Created 2013-11-25
    Last Updated 2014-07-02
    FAQ

1. What is the partition layout ?
    This ROM uses the 1.3GB /data layout like CM11, SlimKat and all other KK ROMs

2. Its Kitkat, where are the transparency ?
    They have been disabled because Galaxy S is a low RAM device. Remove this line from build.prop to re-enable this and other effects - ro.config.low_ram=true

3. Where is the browser ?
    I have not included AOSP browser as of now, because there are a few bugs in it, and after the move to Chromium engine, it became kind of laggy. I recommend Chrome Beta and Opera Mini as replacements.

4. Can I use any Google Apps package ?
    No, you can use only my modified package, as the system partition is smaller and some stuff is packed in the gapps.

5. I get a Status 7 error while installing. What to do ?
    Install ROM once, reboot recovery and install again. If still not working, install latest CM10.2 , and flash from it.

6. How to get Adobe Flash on Kitkat ?
    Install this Kitkat compatible Flash Player apk from here. Now you need a flash compatible browser, I could find only Dolphin Browser which works. Install Dolphin , set Flash Player to Always On, restart browser and you are done.
    Reserved

Credits (No particular order)

pawitp
    stratosk
    fishears
    mnazim
    SlimTeam
    DerTeufel1980
    kasper_h
    anthonycr
    alberto96
    darkargon (for hosting)
    atomixxx (for new logo)
    Omni ROM Team (xplodwild , Entropy512 and many more)

and many others
    Reserved

Changelog of v3.5.0
    1. CM 11 source synced as of 03/07
    2. Android base updated to 4.4.4 KTU48P
    3. Cleaned up source, updated DocumentsUI for apk install
    4. Deleted some junk
    Merry Christmas to all my users and supporters

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk