• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][KK] PAC 4.4.4 for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2x (GT-S7560M)

Should i continue with this rom?

• Yes offcourse!

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No not needed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Thecrazyskull

Jan 23, 2013
Kernels are tricky to develop, and you also need some sort of linux distro. You need to know quite a bit of coding in order to create a custom kernel. Building a rom can be as simple as copying and pasting, but can also be quite tricky because you have to logcat every single second of time that you're running the rom. They're actually both pretty advanced. I can do rom building, but kernel building is a bit out of my zone.

im now (sort of) trying to build a CAF kernel using the sources of @Codename13 's github :p

Sent from my GT-S7560M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

s7560m

Apr 17, 2014
Toronto
im now (sort of) trying to build a CAF kernel using the sources of @Codename13 's github :p

You can just make it linux terminal though. Why use source, and how would you build from source in the first place? I understand you can build Roms from source (so easy), but kernels?! Kernels use only meta-inf so unless you know coding of meta-inf, then it's probably not possible. I believe the only way is by linux terminal.

Thecrazyskull

Jan 23, 2013
You can just make it linux terminal though. Why use source, and how would you build from source in the first place? I understand you can build Roms from source (so easy), but kernels?! Kernels use only meta-inf so unless you know coding of meta-inf, then it's probably not possible. I believe the only way is by linux terminal.

Yes youre right but the build process does everything you only need to fix (sometimes) some errors more not, just let the terminal do everything :p
and building is possible in linux and mac-os x68

s7560m

Apr 17, 2014
Toronto
Yes youre right but the build process does everything you only need to fix (sometimes) some errors more not, just let the terminal do everything :p

you forgot unix lol :p

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

well unix is basically the foundation of what built linux and mac, but still :p

KlinkOnE

Oct 13, 2013
GDR

The CAF kernel is not ready yet. And of course the kernel is built from source. Dunno nothing about meta inf! Everything is built from a source even @s7560m :p.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

s7560m

Apr 17, 2014
Toronto
The CAF kernel is not ready yet. And of course the kernel is built from source. Dunno nothing about meta inf! Everything is built from a source even @s7560m :p.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Free mobile app

Well, technically speaking, everything is built from source. But did you really read my statement correctly? My statement simply stated that you cannot just edit/modify a pre existing kernel and build from there, as the kernels contain meta-inf files that are probably non-editable. So if you want to try and modify meta-inf, be my guest, but you will either brick your s duos, or the kernel might be corrupted and so it won't be flashable. And lastly, you need access to a linux terminal in order to create a kernel in the first place, as kernels are loosely based on linux, so if you're running windows, it will be quite tricky.

Edit: My mistake, you can edit a kernel if you have the correct sources, but also given the correct sources in the first place :p

Last edited:

KlinkOnE

Oct 13, 2013
GDR
Well, technically speaking, everything is built from source. But did you really read my statement correctly? My statement simply stated that you cannot just edit/modify a pre existing kernel and build from there, as the kernels contain meta-inf files that are probably non-editable. So if you want to try and modify meta-inf, be my guest, but you will either brick your s duos, or the kernel might be corrupted and so it won't be flashable. And lastly, you need access to a linux terminal in order to create a kernel in the first place, as kernels are loosely based on linux, so if you're running windows, it will be quite tricky.

Edit: My mistake, you can edit a kernel if you have the correct sources, but also given the correct sources in the first place :p
Well speaking from whatever I read every word but didn't understand what you want to say. Meta-inf idk where should this be? What you can do is extract the ramdisk and the zimage from the boot.IMG and make changes to the ramdisk. And for your interest I use to build my kernels with Ubuntu 14.04.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using XDA Free mobile app

Thecrazyskull

Jan 23, 2013

I think you mean .so files (lib-files) that are the files you cannot/very very hard compile/open, and those files are builded from meta-inf files etc.

s7560m

Apr 17, 2014
Toronto
Well speaking from whatever I read every word but didn't understand what you want to say. Meta-inf idk where should this be? What you can do is extract the ramdisk and the zimage from the boot.IMG and make changes to the ramdisk. And for your interest I use to build my kernels with Ubuntu 14.04.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using XDA Free mobile app

I think I may have worded it wrong, my apologies. I know you build your kernels using a linux distro, considering it is the only way other than cygwin and android kitchen. I'm not trying to cause a fuss or doubt you, and i admit that your kernels are great; if you went from a rom builder to a kernel developer, it will seem impossible. Rom building is as simple as copying and pasting, kernel development consists of various codings. What I meant was that it would be very difficult to transition from a rom builder to a kernel developer, because there is a greater chance of caution (bricking for example). So to make such a transition is going to be difficult. I know a whole lot of linux commands, and I actually use it to hack, but I don't develop kernels because it's out of my interest, although I know how.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

I think you mean .so files (lib-files) that are the files you cannot/very very hard compile/open, and those files are builded from meta-inf files etc.

Lib files? I have never seen a .so file in a kernel. Lib files don't really correspond with kernel development; the only relation is that they both have to do something with hardware.

Thecrazyskull

Jan 23, 2013
I think I may have worded it wrong, my apologies. I know you build your kernels using a linux distro, considering it is the only way other than cygwin and android kitchen. I'm not trying to cause a fuss or doubt you, and i admit that your kernels are great; if you went from a rom builder to a kernel developer, it will seem impossible. Rom building is as simple as copying and pasting, kernel development consists of various codings. What I meant was that it would be very difficult to transition from a rom builder to a kernel developer, because there is a greater chance of caution (bricking for example). So to make such a transition is going to be difficult. I know a whole lot of linux commands, and I actually use it to hack, but I don't develop kernels because it's out of my interest, although I know how.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Lib files? I have never seen a .so file in a kernel. Lib files don't really correspond with kernel development; the only relation is that they both have to do something with hardware.

I don't speak about kernels but i think you thought that kernel is builded of meta-inf filed but lib files are builded meta-inf and those lib files don't have anything to do with kernels, i only said it because you was wrong and i just said the file that WAS build from meta-inf

s7560m

Apr 17, 2014
Toronto
I don't speak about kernels but i think you thought that kernel is builded of meta-inf filed but lib files are builded meta-inf and those lib files don't have anything to do with kernels, i only said it because you was wrong and i just said the file that WAS build from meta-inf

Oh sorry then, I must have misunderstood what you previously have said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PAC 4.4.4 for the Samsung Galaxy Ace II x (GT-S7560M) - My Own Build
    DISCONTINUED

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, 
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    *do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Non-Working Components:

Bluetooth (Incompatible Drivers)
    FM radio (Not implemented Yet)

Bugs:

Off-mode charging does not work
    Camera only support 3mp

Screenshots:

edit

edit

edit

edit

edit

edit

edit

Downloads:

PAC 4.4.4:
    Kitkat Gapps:

Installation Instructions & Requirements:
    1. Copy zip packages (ROM + GAPPS) to an SD Card
    2. Enter recovery mode
    3. Choose "install zip from sdcard"
    4. Select "choose zip from sdcard" and locate the ROM zip package
    5. Confirm the installation by choosing "yes"
    6. Once it is complete, repeat steps 3-5 for the GAPPS zip package.
    7. Once the GAPPS installation is complete, reboot your phone and wait for the startup screen to appear (This may take up to 20 minutes)
    I fixed the sound problem, sound is now working BIG thanks to @Codename13 without his help i won't be fixed this error today :p.
    I upload a new build in an half our.
    I try to fix the camera problem fast and make a new build again :p
    EDIT: I tried the camera but same error:confused:
    I try some other things and i hope it works.
    Is it working on GT-S7560 Trend? I don't need hard brick. Anyone tested it?

Sent by GT-S7560

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Screenshots aren't working in this thread.

Sent by GT-S7560

I attached the screenshots.