[ROM] Kryo-AICP [Heavily optimized] [O3] [ODEX] [DTC] [POLLY] [ThinLTO] [MORE] !

Search This thread

Manav Bhagia

May 1, 2015
Mumbai
Let's keep it simple ,
I have currently been experimenting some builds to find the best configuration for the Oneplus 3 ,so that it performs like it should as a 2016 flagship ,and I perfected stuff, tweaked stuff here and there , and will continue to do so ,much like my previous ROM (Think of Kryo-AICP to be a succesor to Hurricane-AICP).,
Now, let us talk about the interesting stuff , I have decided to share those builds , and I hope you will love them , I took AICP as a base source , cause I didn't want to compromise on customizations , and I believe it is quite customizable and proves to be a really stable base . Then came the interesting part of applying optimizations . I wanted to have the combinaton of the best performance without sacrifing battery life with stability ,simplicity and customisability , this time specifically tuned for the Oneplus 3 as my aim here is to improve the overall user experience and performance of the Oneplus 3

Features :
All AICP features
Old Layout
Proximity Call
Screenrecord
Add blocker
Notification FC Disabler
LCD Changer (persistent)
Gesture Anywhere
Recents Panel Settings
Omniswitch
App Circle Bar
Network Traffic on statusbar
Show CPU Info
Boot animation changer
CM Theme Engine
Slim Launcher
Slim's Heads Up, with the ability to disable
QS Sync Tile
QS Screenshot Tile
QS Screenrecord Tile
QS Quick and Smart pull down
QS WiFi Detailed Tile View
QS Location Tile - Enable Advanced Settings
Based on android 6.0.1_r52

Kryo optimizations :

Custom kryo dark bootanimation !
Clang O3 !
Graphite (no Polly as it is not stable yet)!
Strict aliasing !
Removed someuseless debugging !
Pipe opts !
Mem sanitize !
Cortex tunings !
More to come !
Download : https://mega.nz/#!jg0RWIyA!R8G2mnV3zG3MzADfzMatuXVPUGrrwIAk9MbgltMRQGI

Recommended Gapps :
http://opengapps.org
Recommended Recovery : Official Twrp 3.0.2.0

Credits :
The AICP Team
The Omnirom team
Cyanogenmod
AOSP
@Aaahh for teaching me how to build a ROM
@frap129 for his custom clang toolchain and optimizations .
Joshua Baldassare for his wallpapers , artwork , bootanimation , and for motivating me while my builds failed !
@martinusbe for his source , which I referred to while compiling with dragon tc ! (Also for his optimizations which I included in the second build !)
@Naman Bhalla for unknown device fix .
Tell me if your name isn't here !

Source (AICP) : https://github.com/AICP

Always feel free to suggest and critique .....

Last edited:

Flamehell

Jun 3, 2013
London
Let's keep it simple ,
I have currently been experimenting some builds to find the best configuration for the Oneplus 3 ,so that it performs like it should as a 2016 flagship ,and I perfected stuff, tweaked stuff here and there , and will continue to do so ,much like my previous ROM (Think of Kryo-AICP to be a succesor to Hurricane-AICP).,
Now, let us talk about the interesting stuff , I have decided to share those builds , and I hope you will love them , I took AICP as a base source , cause I didn't want to compromise on customizations , and I believe it is quite customizable and proves to be a really stable base . Then came the interesting part of applying optimizations . I wanted to have the combinaton of the best performance without sacrifing battery life with stability ,simplicity and customisability , this time specifically tuned for the Oneplus 3 as my aim here is to improve the overall user experience and performance of the Oneplus 3

Features :
All AICP features
Old Layout
Proximity Call
Screenrecord
Add blocker
Notification FC Disabler
LCD Changer (persistent)
Gesture Anywhere
Recents Panel Settings
Omniswitch
App Circle Bar
Show CPU Info
Boot animation changer
CM Theme Engine
Slim Launcher
QS Sync Tile
QS Screenshot Tile
QS Screenrecord Tile
Based on android 6.0.1_r46

Kryo optimizations :

Odex ![Faster boot and app opening]
O3 optimizations !
Dragon TC 3.8 [Custom clang toolchain] with :
O3 ! [Optimization for speed , with no effect on battery life]
Polly ! [Memory optimization] (Better replacement than graphite !)
ThinLTO ! (Faster than previously used Link Time Optimization)
Gold LD (linker) !
Krait optimizations !

More to come !

Download link : https://mega.nz/#!W9VzTSyI!0DMUjC6VfTuCZvWn4dHTtZeLTrL2xMXPNDWSge5P1TA
Recommended Gapps :

Credits :
The AICP Team
The Omnirom team
Cyanogenmod
AOSP
@sku11Boy531 for his wallpapers , artwork , bootanimation , and for motivating me while my builds failed !
@martinusbe for his source , which I referred to while compiling with dragon tc !

Yes!!!!Finally!!!!!Tnx buddy!!Guys,i m using this rom from 2 days,and is the best rom about speed and battery......amazing job dev!!!:)

Abaddon

Mar 17, 2011
House Avernus
Using this rom for last 1 day, its perfect. No bugs so far apart from CM bug of Unknown device listed in About Phone. Waiting for new build :)
add ro.cm.device=oneplus3 in buildprop then reboot.

Sent from the moon and back
29d1d6d992981cf47e9d01a60db84a65.jpg

Last edited:

Manav Bhagia

May 1, 2015
Mumbai
Let's keep it simple ,

Features :
All AICP features
Old Layout
Proximity Call
Screenrecord
Add blocker
Notification FC Disabler
LCD Changer (persistent)
Gesture Anywhere
Recents Panel Settings
Omniswitch
App Circle Bar
Show CPU Info
Boot animation changer
CM Theme Engine
Slim Launcher
QS Sync Tile
QS Screenshot Tile
QS Screenrecord Tile
Based on android 6.0.1_r46

Kryo optimizations :

Odex ![Faster boot and app opening]
O3 optimizations !
Dragon TC 3.8 [Custom clang toolchain] with :
O3 ! [Optimization for speed , with no effect on battery life]
Polly ! [Memory optimization] (Better replacement than graphite !)
ThinLTO ! (Faster than previously used Link Time Optimization)
Gold LD (linker) !
Krait optimizations !

More to come !

Download link : https://mega.nz/#!W9VzTSyI!0DMUjC6VfTuCZvWn4dHTtZeLTrL2xMXPNDWSge5P1TA
Recommended Gapps :

Credits :
The AICP Team
The Omnirom team
Cyanogenmod
AOSP
@sku11Boy531 for his wallpapers , artwork , bootanimation , and for motivating me while my builds failed !
@martinusbe for his source , which I referred to while compiling with dragon tc !

Next build will be up the day after tomorrow!

nadejo

Jun 28, 2010
What are the kernel changes in this rom compared to cm? And is f2fs data/ cache still working with included kernel like on cm?

Striatum_bdr

May 29, 2011
Marseille
yes its based on aosp cm is based on aosp aswell
Nope it's not the same, CM sources differ from AOSP ones.
I prefer generally AOSP based Roms than CM, especiallly for theming as AOSP use layers (and soon Substratum), and considering the choices of CM as a Company that bother me (and some others).

This Rom is CM based like most of Roms here.

Reactions: Rampage

RohanAJoshi

Mar 17, 2011
Pune
Nope it's not the same, CM sources differ from AOSP ones.
I prefer generally AOSP based Roms than CM, especiallly for theming as AOSP use layers (and soon Substratum), and considering the choices of CM as a Company that bother me (and some others).

This Rom is CM based like most of Roms here.

I wonder, why any dev not trying AOSP of CAF ASOP which is fully open sourced by oneplus ?
Sorry for off topic.

brickedvice

Jun 18, 2016
I wonder, why any dev not trying AOSP of CAF ASOP which is fully open sourced by oneplus ?
Sorry for off topic.
Because most "devs" simply copy paste from cm tree and call roms different names. It has become annoying now. All roms pretty much look the same. And @OP: there only is aosp vs cm. There is no such thing as aosp cm vs cm

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: slonn

Manav Bhagia

May 1, 2015
Mumbai
Sorry for off topic.

Cm is constantly improving and optimizing code , and it is more customizable, hence I chose to go with Cm based source , also CM bases are better in terms of performance than AOSP for most devices .

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let's keep it simple ,

Features :
    All AICP features
    Old Layout
    Proximity Call
    Screenrecord
    Add blocker
    Notification FC Disabler
    LCD Changer (persistent)
    Gesture Anywhere
    Recents Panel Settings
    Omniswitch
    App Circle Bar
    Show CPU Info
    Boot animation changer
    CM Theme Engine
    Slim Launcher
    QS Sync Tile
    QS Screenshot Tile
    QS Screenrecord Tile
    Based on android 6.0.1_r52

Kryo optimizations :

Clang O3 !
    Strict aliasing !
    Pipe opts !
    Mem sanitize !
    Cortex tunings !
    More to come !
    Download : https://mega.nz/#!jg0RWIyA!R8G2mnV3zG3MzADfzMatuXVPUGrrwIAk9MbgltMRQGI

Recommended Gapps :

Credits :
    The AICP Team
    The Omnirom team
    Cyanogenmod
    AOSP
    Joshua Baldassare for his wallpapers , artwork , bootanimation , and for motivating me while my builds failed !
    @martinusbe for his source , which I referred to while compiling with dragon tc ! (Also for his optimizations which I included in the second build !)
    @Naman Bhalla for unknown device fix .

Source (AICP) : https://github.com/AICP

New build is up !
    July security patch with Android 6.0.1 r52
    Clang O3 !
    Strict aliasing !
    Pipe opts !
    Mem sanitize !
    Cortex tunings !

Guys , I'm going to have to cut down on some optimizations , as I'm getting lots of build errors while building since syncing my repo , to 6.0.1 r61 , with the August security patch , even after trying to fix them . Also , strict aliasing may be causing the reboot problem , so I will take one step at a time with the optimizations , test the ROM thoroughly , then present it to you guys , the ROM will constantly improve and evolve .
    Stay tuned for the best , development is NOT dead .

#Never Ever Settle
    why, did you even started allready? :)
    I'm just getting started .
    Dragon TC Clang caused a lot of errors and messed up the new build again , and again , so I came up with the decision to build with Archidroid optimizations , which are more stable , will build with DTC once it is more stable .

Here is a list of important improvements with next build :
    Quote:
    - Optimized for speed yet more all instructions - ARM and THUMB (-O3)
    - Optimized for speed also parts which are compiled with Clang (-O3)
    - Turned off all debugging code (lack of -g)
    - Eliminated redundant loads that come after stores to the same memory location, both partial and full redundancies (-fgcse-las)
    - Ran a store motion pass after global common subexpression elimination. This pass attempts to move stores out of loops (-fgcse-sm)
    - Enabled the identity transformation for graphite. For every SCoP we generate the polyhedral representation and transform it back to gimple. We can then check the costs or benefits of the GIMPLE -> GRAPHITE -> GIMPLE transformation. Some minimal optimizations are also performed by the code generator ISL, like index splitting and dead code elimination in loops (-fgraphite -fgraphite-identity)
    - Performed interprocedural pointer analysis and interprocedural modification and reference analysis (-fipa-pta)
    - Performed induction variable optimizations (strength reduction, induction variable merging and induction variable elimination) on trees (-fivopts)
    - Didn't keep the frame pointer in a register for functions that don't need one. This avoids the instructions to save, set up and restore frame pointers; it also makes an extra register available in many functions (-fomit-frame-pointer)
    - Attempted to avoid false dependencies in scheduled code by making use of registers left over after register allocation. This optimization most benefits processors with lots of registers (-frename-registers)
    - Tried to reduce the number of symbolic address calculations by using shared “anchor” symbols to address nearby objects. This transformation can help to reduce the number of GOT entries and GOT accesses on some targets (-fsection-anchors)
    - Performed tail duplication to enlarge superblock size. This transformation simplifies the control flow of the function allowing other optimizations to do a better job (-ftracer)
    - Performed loop invariant motion on trees. It also moved operands of conditions that are invariant out of the loop, so that we can use just trivial invariantness analysis in loop unswitching. The pass also includes store motion (-ftree-loop-im)
    - Created a canonical counter for number of iterations in loops for which determining number of iterations requires complicated analysis. Later optimizations then may determine the number easily (-ftree-loop-ivcanon)
    - Assumed that loop indices do not overflow, and that loops with nontrivial exit condition are not infinite. This enables a wider range of loop optimizations even if the loop optimizer itself cannot prove that these assumptions are valid (-funsafe-loop-optimizations)
    - Moved branches with loop invariant conditions out of the loop (-funswitch-loops)
    - Constructed webs as commonly used for register allocation purposes and assigned each web individual pseudo register. This allows the register allocation pass to operate on pseudos directly, but also strengthens several other optimization passes, such as CSE, loop optimizer and trivial dead code remover (-fweb)
    - Sorted the common symbols by alignment in descending order. This is to prevent gaps between symbols due to alignment constraints (-Wl,--sort-common)

So hang on , new build WILL be up the day after tomorrow .
    Lots more to come with Kryo-AICP !
    Also I'm responsible for optimizations on Atomic-ROM , be sure to check that out , if you wanna go AOSP . It will be up in a week or two !

Jole7 , thank you for the enthusiasm you have shown in my ROMs , I just started my pre-release public beta for Kryo on Telegram , Check it out here ! I rebased back to CM14 (I'll explain why tomorrow) and I'll be adding lots of AOSPA optimizations too !
    All those willing to test it , check it out here :
    https://telegram.me/joinchat/AvWFUkFUVicBgcPVG5oYXg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone