[ROM] kwbr HD2 3.14.405 final release :: 23152 :: 21914

Search This thread

Dmitry N

Apr 27, 2006
Moscow
Very interesting! I have the same thing, although it started to happen after I flashed kwbr X.XX some time ago and also I bought an unlimited data plan at the very same time. So I thought it was my cell provider who messed with these settings...
Previously, I always had "H" displayed no matter if there was any traffic activity or not.
Update:
After I flashed stock 3.14 WWE, I intentionally gave it a try and played with my device for several minutes, just to see what this ROM was about.
Interesting that the situation with 3G/H was exactly the same as on kwbr ROMs.
No data being transferred - you see 3G.
You open a web page - you see H while it's loading.

apyc

Sep 17, 2007
Update:
After I flashed stock 3.14 WWE, I intentionally gave it a try and played with my device for several minutes, just to see what this ROM was about.

In my case it was always like that. I mean you can observe 3G while connection is idle and H (HSDPA) while there is an active transfer. As I said in my case it was always like that. I believe its nothing unusual as I can see exactly the same behavior on my HSDPA modem card installed in my computer. HSDPA/HSUPA indicator is only active when there is traffic going through.

JJKameR

Dec 6, 2008
Milan
Update:

Exactly!
It is carrier dependant. In fact I was in germany on friday and it was H for all the time as it used to be here long time ago.

Anyway.. the problem is not what is displayed but the connection not working sometimes...

kwbr

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 17, 2007
I am still fighting with DST change here. Even after a clean reinstall of 5.6 I am still one hour ahead :-(
I think gsm time sync and My Location ****s up somehow. Don't know really. Anyway this is driving me nuts and I don't want to set my time manually again :-(
Anyone got a fix for this DST crap?

boba
Did you set your home clock? Like gmt+1. You may also try to set this key
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL]
"NITZEnable"=dword:00000000

Impunitus

Nov 21, 2008
I am still fighting with DST change here. Even after a clean reinstall of 5.6 I am still one hour ahead :-(
I think gsm time sync and My Location ****s up somehow. Don't know really. Anyway this is driving me nuts and I don't want to set my time manually again :-(
Anyone got a fix for this DST crap?

boba

I had the same issue. None of the settings stuck. Even if I disabled Internet sync and/or network sync, set AutoDST to 1 and/or HomeDST to 1, manually set the correct time, upon restart time was again one hour ahead (of my TZ, which is GMT+1), and the HomeDST reverted to 0. FWIW, the stock 3.14 does the exact same crap, so it's not the fault of this ROM.

ETA: What worked for me is Start/Settings/Personal/Phone, GSM/UMTS Services tab, Time Synchronization, Get Setting, uncheck. I thought this only sets the "Network sync" flag, but apparently not. So far so good.

Cheers, R

Last edited:

kwbr

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 17, 2007
I am having the same issue. None of the settings stick. Even if I disable Internet sync and network sync, set AutoDST to 1 and HomeDST to 1, manually set the correct time, upon restart time is again one hour ahead (of my TZ, which is GMT+1), and the HomeDST reverts to 0. FWIW, the stock 3.14 does the exact same crap, so it's not the fault of this ROM. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers, R
Sorry but my HD2 is out for repair at the moment. So I can't test things. Currently using my old blackstone with the same packages without problems

Impunitus

Nov 21, 2008
Well I'd say it's a location thingy, maybe in combination with the provider/timezone.
For sure its reproduceable kwbr. Same settings I had before the DST switch. And now time is going all mad on me :-(

boba

Edited the above post, but perhaps you've missed it.

What worked for me is Start/Settings/Personal/Phone, GSM/UMTS Services tab, Time Synchronization, Get Setting, uncheck. I thought this only sets the "Network sync" flag, but apparently not. So far so good.

Cheers, R

Impunitus

Nov 21, 2008
Yea I guess so ... time/date sync via GSM network data. It's enabled by default, and as I said. Worked before the DST switch. Maybe it's really a provider-****up?
R, which provider are you with? I am on O2 Germany, anyboday else here maybe having trouble with O2 after the DST switch ?

boba

I'm with Mobitel (Slovenia). I somewhat doubt this is the operator's fault, considering that none of the ROM settings stick after a reset. Plus, I haven't had this issue before with Blackstone and the same provider. I believe MS is to blame here. But it doesn't really matter, since it appears to work now.

Cheers, R

sirtom95

Nov 2, 2008
Prague
sense not working

Hi there,

I have troubles with HTC Sense. It just dont work. After boot it looks all fine but after few seconds sense freeze and that is all. If I switch sense off from settings / today phone works just fine.

Anybody knows where is the problem?
One more thing this behavour started already on previous version (kbwr 5.3 maybe 5.2) it was reason to make new flash..

ROM 5.6; radio 2.15.50.14.; HSPL 2.08; Androind Froyo on SD card.

Last edited:

grayme

Oct 3, 2006
Hertfordshire
Hi there,

I have troubles with HTC Sense. It just dont work. After boot it looks all fine but after few seconds sense freeze and that is all. If I switch sense off from settings / today phone works just fine.

Anybody knows where is the problem?
One more thing this behavour started already on previous version (kbwr 5.3 maybe 5.2) it was reason to make new flash..

ROM 5.6; radio 2.15.50.14.; HSPL 2.08; Androind Froyo on SD card.

Mine is not working either (I'm on something like 4.x but can't get sense to work at all to check). I thought it could be because I rebooted with USB connected as drive but that seems unlikely. The only other thing I can recall I did was upgrade MyPlayer.

My clock was going odd too since the BST change, would seem to pop to five hours ahead at random times, so I switched off the internet time option.

Was going to flash to a newer version, what's the latest version without HTC messaging and where can I get it from please?

phoneXx

May 30, 2008
Hi,

have 2 problems..

1. Sometimes phone connection broken(?) (use radio: 2.15.50)
2. when i send a contact with more then 2 Nummbers it doesn't work.

(send with HD2)

xborfi

May 10, 2008
Mine is not working either (I'm on something like 4.x but can't get sense to work at all to check). I thought it could be because I rebooted with USB connected as drive but that seems unlikely. The only other thing I can recall I did was upgrade MyPlayer.

My clock was going odd too since the BST change, would seem to pop to five hours ahead at random times, so I switched off the internet time option.

Was going to flash to a newer version, what's the latest version without HTC messaging and where can I get it from please?

I am looking for 5.4 without htc messaging also please provide us with download link.

grayme

Oct 3, 2006
Hertfordshire
My problem of my messages seems to have resolved itself by leaving the messages to restore overnight.

However, even though I turned off getting the time off the internet, my time jumps to being ahead by anything from one to five hours from the correct time; off to google I go!

Thanks Impunitus, thought I'd seen someone saying another method.

Last edited:

silverwind

Mar 2, 2010
Neverending Land
Hi,

have 2 problems..

1. Sometimes phone connection broken(?) (use radio: 2.15.50)

(send with HD2)

Hi,

+1. I also use the same radio.

I also experience phone freeze when I was opening a pdf document using landscape view (by press send/ok buton).

I am using version 5.6 wwe and I havent installed any apps since I flashed it last night

Is it bugs?

Cheers

grayme

Oct 3, 2006
Hertfordshire
I upgraded to 5.6 yesterday :)

The restoring of sms issue appears to have gone as it was all done in seconds.

I've installed CHT, CHTS and CHTE, a few odd quirks I am working out (they are complex bits of beta software after all), but all seems very stable so far.

Toppo again kwbr! :)

iwantgo

Feb 26, 2008
I'm flashed ver 5.6, and I like the rom very much, it's so stable, smoothy and friendly-use.
But I've a annoying question, all incoming call show the american format phone number, just like this: 1 (111) 111-1111, or (011) 111-11, I'm living in china, I dont like this format, can anyone know how to remove it and change them into the formal format? thanks very much!

phoneXx

May 30, 2008
I'm flashed ver 5.6, and I like the rom very much, it's so stable, smoothy and friendly-use.
But I've a annoying question, all incoming call show the american format phone number, just like this: 1 (111) 111-1111, or (011) 111-11, I'm living in china, I dont like this format, can anyone know how to remove it and change them into the formal format? thanks very much!

hi,

go - Settings - System - Regional Settings, and set your Region..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Version 6.2

New roms are uploading. Give it an hour to upload :)

kwbr 6.2 (Dec.15.2010)
    - base 3.14.531.0 (04666) - TMOUS compatible
    - Sense 2.5.20191914.0 including Document Browser
    - HTC Messaging with Secure Inbox
    - Phone Canvas 2G 4.2.62520173131.0
    - Opera Browser 9.70.36034.1
    - CE OS 23151
    - Fix for mail tab
    - Added non hTC messaging roms
    still waiting....:D:D:D
    New rom is up. Just an updated ce os but this seems to be a pretty fast build, 21687 :) THANKS Andrew and DFT
    New rom

New roms will be online soon

kwbr 6.1 (Dec.10.2010)
    - base 3.14.531.0 (04666) - TMOUS compatible
    - Sense 2.5.20191914.0 including Document Browser
    - HTC Messaging with Secure Inbox
    - Phone Canvas 2G 4.2.62520173131.0
    - Opera Browser 9.70.36034.1
    - CE OS 23151
    - Fixes for rearranging tabs, operator on hometab, secure messaging
    - Updated Office Mobile

DON'T FORGET TO SAY THANKS :D PUSH THAT BUTTON
    Happy new year mate!

If you are working on some fixes could you please have a look at the software buttons?
    If I remove only the start button via regkey everything is still smooth and fine but, if I try to remove the "X" button the result is that back and home hardware keys require more than 2 seconds to work.
    It is not a big issue, I ended up removing only the start key and everything is fine anyway...
    You should try the latest version :)
    Thanks for your ROM !

Btw. Final means last ?
    At least for 2010 and 3.14 based. I will enjoy my holidays this week. I also don't see any development from htc for windows mobile at this moment.

But, I have a feeling there will be an update for Leo in the (near) future. We will see if we can get our hands on a htc com3 rom for Leo since this should have updated drivers. :D 'till then enjoy the rom. We will see what the future will bring.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone