[ROM] kwbr HD2 3.14.405 final release :: 23152 :: 21914

Search This thread

5achin

Nov 30, 2007
Start Menu Button

Hey KWBR!
Thanks alot for your roms, i really like everything about them.
The most appealing thing that made me start using your roms was the removal of the redundant start button on the bottom (COM3). I loved that idea, because not only is it useless, it takes up space. Also the X from the bottom was removed, and only the two soft keys were left. Why did you put them back in the new versions? i think everyone uses the task manager anyways to kill apps so the X is not needed at the bottom. since there is a physical button for start, that is also not needed. Unfortunately i dont have the expertise to do this myself, but it was a welcome change, which is now lost in the new versions. Just wondering, would you ever consider going back to that change?

.razor

Apr 14, 2010
Hey KWBR!
The most appealing thing that made me start using your roms was the removal of the redundant start button on the bottom (COM3). I loved that idea, because not only is it useless, it takes up space. Also the X from the bottom was removed, and only the two soft keys were left. Why did you put them back in the new versions? i think everyone uses the task manager anyways to kill apps so the X is not needed at the bottom. since there is a physical button for start, that is also not needed. Unfortunately i dont have the expertise to do this myself, but it was a welcome change, which is now lost in the new versions. Just wondering, would you ever consider going back to that change?

I personally agree, but as kwbr makes these Roms for himself and kindly just uploads them for other people, I guess it's a new preference of his. Weird, I actually hated the fact that there wasn't a Close Button in the beginning, now I can't live without it!
Razor

kwbr

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 17, 2007
Hey KWBR!
That's really an easy tweak discussed before. Search for Hwbutton

Reactions: vodanhdaisu

kwbr

Oct 17, 2007
thanks Sir for updating and updating this ROM, it' always a great works.
I like latest interface on today screen, especially on four row quicklinks, but i still like old home without RSS and alarm tab beside date type, it's just to lots of information. But, it's doesn't matter i still can go back to 5.6.1 (still have it include 6.1 & 6.2), between those great ROMs for me it's an options.

thank you
You can use a Sense tweak for that. Check the chef thread

Reactions: vodanhdaisu

vodanhdaisu

Jan 4, 2009
Thank Kwbr for the new update. I love Com2 non-htc-sms so much.

Sorry if i'm so demanding, but are u thinking about a fast-clean version with only basic apps for Android booting ?? :)

kwbr

Oct 17, 2007
I tried searching all of the tweaks threads, and forums, but could not find it. If you could point me in the right direction with a link, that would be great. Thanks!
Hi 5, here you go

Code:
; HD-Mini style toolbar in 6.5.x
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\BubbleTiles]
"HardwareStartKeyEnabled"=dword:00000001
"HardwareDoneKeyEnabled"=dword:00000001

Reactions: .razor and 5achin

.razor

Apr 14, 2010
Hi 5, here you go

Code:
; HD-Mini style toolbar in 6.5.x
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\BubbleTiles]
"HardwareStartKeyEnabled"=dword:00000001
"HardwareDoneKeyEnabled"=dword:00000001

Ha, you know I never knew it was that simple. I knew of something similar but didn't realise it resized the Bubble boxes, which is cool.
And to answer the other request to get rid of the RSS feed, here's a link to a cab that should do it (make sure you Disable Sense --> Install cab (--> Soft reset) --> Enable Sense):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=765525
Although, I haven't actually tried it yet. The caveat I think is that you can't have the 4 rows of shortcuts as well. I think it's one or the other. Page 2 goes into a cool Non-RSS feed layout but I can't get it to work properly. I think you have to do something other than just install the cab for this one though can't get my head around it. Shame.
Razor

Reactions: erwinpiero

ljw666

Oct 23, 2005
Tangshan
I've been on V6.2_C2 for a day and so far so good. The RAM consumption is quite satisfactory(20m less than V6.1).
Many thanks, Kwbr. Your work have been appreciated by many and will be appreciated by many more.

.razor

Apr 14, 2010

Hey kwbr,
I don't suppose you know why the cab on page 2 that's supposed to get rid of the RSS feed yet keep the 4 shortcut links doesn't work on your rom? It gets rid of the links altogether and the tabs overlap each other:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=765525&page=2
Is it something to do the project build. My knowledge with this stuff is unfortunately very limited.
Thanks in advance!
Razor

kwbr

Oct 17, 2007
Hey kwbr,
I don't suppose you know why the cab on page 2 that's supposed to get rid of the RSS feed yet keep the 4 shortcut links doesn't work on your rom? It gets rid of the links altogether and the tabs overlap each other:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=765525&page=2
Is it something to do the project build. My knowledge with this stuff is unfortunately very limited.
Thanks in advance!
Razor
Haven't tried it myself but indagroove also posted some mods that may work. You can use luatool for decompiling the manila files and edit these.

kwbr

Oct 17, 2007
Thanks KWBR for your good roms 6.2 COM 2 and 3.
In my case the use of Cloudy RemoveRSS.cab disable the capacity of update the QuickGPS.
Is it normal or something is wrong with my flashes?
I don't use that tweak but out of the box QuickGPS works fine for me.

JJKameR

Dec 6, 2008
Milan
I don't use that tweak but out of the box QuickGPS works fine for me.

Everything of the 6.2 works really fine!
It feels slightly less snappier than 6.1 but it's rock solid and reliable.
Have you changed PP or some memory tweaks? It has almost 20mb more of free ram than 6.1...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Version 6.2

New roms are uploading. Give it an hour to upload :)

kwbr 6.2 (Dec.15.2010)
    - base 3.14.531.0 (04666) - TMOUS compatible
    - Sense 2.5.20191914.0 including Document Browser
    - HTC Messaging with Secure Inbox
    - Phone Canvas 2G 4.2.62520173131.0
    - Opera Browser 9.70.36034.1
    - CE OS 23151
    - Fix for mail tab
    - Added non hTC messaging roms
    still waiting....:D:D:D
    New rom is up. Just an updated ce os but this seems to be a pretty fast build, 21687 :) THANKS Andrew and DFT
    New rom

New roms will be online soon

kwbr 6.1 (Dec.10.2010)
    - base 3.14.531.0 (04666) - TMOUS compatible
    - Sense 2.5.20191914.0 including Document Browser
    - HTC Messaging with Secure Inbox
    - Phone Canvas 2G 4.2.62520173131.0
    - Opera Browser 9.70.36034.1
    - CE OS 23151
    - Fixes for rearranging tabs, operator on hometab, secure messaging
    - Updated Office Mobile

DON'T FORGET TO SAY THANKS :D PUSH THAT BUTTON
    Happy new year mate!

If you are working on some fixes could you please have a look at the software buttons?
    If I remove only the start button via regkey everything is still smooth and fine but, if I try to remove the "X" button the result is that back and home hardware keys require more than 2 seconds to work.
    It is not a big issue, I ended up removing only the start key and everything is fine anyway...
    You should try the latest version :)
    Thanks for your ROM !

Btw. Final means last ?
    At least for 2010 and 3.14 based. I will enjoy my holidays this week. I also don't see any development from htc for windows mobile at this moment.

But, I have a feeling there will be an update for Leo in the (near) future. We will see if we can get our hands on a htc com3 rom for Leo since this should have updated drivers. :D 'till then enjoy the rom. We will see what the future will bring.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone