kX10 Custom SE ROM - R2B001
Disclaimer: Please be aware that any time you flash a custom ROM, you are modifying system files that are required for your phone to operate correctly. Use this (and any other) ROM at your own risk. I am not responsible for bricking your phone, voiding your warrenty, or male pattern baldness. Thanks.
This is a modified and optimized version of the stock 2.1 Generic 2.1.A.0.435 Sony-Ericsson ROM. This is intended to give everyone dev-level performance out of the box, and give themers and modders a base ROM to start with.
PLEASE MAKE REQUESTS.
*Note that you cannot TYPE Emoji with this ROM, it only displays Emoji sent from an iPhone.
A huge thanks to zdzihu, MrRusch, svtfmook;
And to hakuuu for donation
- 2.1 Generic Firmware (2.1.A.0.435), Rooted with xRecovery, JIT v2, SuperUser, and busybox installed;
- SuperCircle Battery / Reboot option mod;
Nexus S boot animation;
- Ubuntu system fonts with Emoji support (display only)
- All APKs zipaligned / All non-essential system APKs moved to /data/app for easy uninstall and apps2sd support
- windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=260 - Makes scrolling smoother
- wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180 - Slows down the WiFi scan to every 3 minutes, saves battery
- dalvik.vm.heapsize=26m - Optimal heapsize for most X10s
- mot.proximity.delay=100 - Makes the screen off/on proximity sensor more responsive
TO BE UPDATED
*** I know this is a lot of apps, but these have all been zipaligned. If you use these apps, they will perform better than market versions. If not, delete them! **
LauncherPro, adbWireless, Adobe Reader, Album Art Grabber, AndroZIP, Angry Birds, AppBrain, Barcode Scanner, Barnacle WiFi Tether, Battery Doctor, CamScanner, City Caller ID, Dialer One, Documents to Go, Dolphin Browser, drocap2, Dropbox, Facebook, Gallery3D, Google Goggles, Google Sky Map, Google TalkBack, Handcent, K-9 Mail, LinkPush, Linpack for Android, Market Enabler, Neocore, Nexus Revamped Live Wallpaper, No Lock, OI File Manager, Pandora, Quadrant Standard, Rage Faces, RWiimote, Shazam, ShootMe, Shopper, Skype, Smart Keyboard Trial, SMS Backup+, SoundHound, Spare Parts, Stumble Upon, SwiFTP, Sysctl Config, Terminal Emulator, Thumb Keyboard, Titanium Backup, Video Player, Vlingo, Voice, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, Wallpaper Set & Save, WiFi Browser Login, Winamp, Work Email, XDA Developers App, Yelp, Zedge
- Download ROM and place on your SD card
- Boot into xRecovery
- Flash the attached file with xRecovery by using "Install custom zip"
- IF YOU ARE NOT ALREADY ON .435 FIRMWARE: Flash this with Flash Tool.
- Reboot and be patient. First boot can take several minutes at the boot animation. This is normal.
- On first boot you'll get a "Complete action using..." screen with LauncherPro and the Setup Wizard. You can choose either.
- OPTIONAL: Uninstall the Setup Wizard by holding it over the trash can until "Drop to uninstall" appears.
I recommend at least changing the opening Speeds to 10 (Prefrences > Advanced Settings > Opening speed). That makes the phone feel a lot more responsive.
Release 2 Build 001 (Current)
- Updated for .435 firmware
- Sysctl tweaks
- More app and system optimization
- LauncherPro and SpareParts pre-configured (This was supposed to be in R2B001, but its fighting me hard so I went ahead and released without it.)
- app2sd version
R2B001 Lite - 116.92MB - http://www.multiupload.com/JIDMZO484T
R2B002 Full - 203.37MB - http://www.multiupload.com/8HWRFM7FTY
Zipaligned APK Pack v7 - 115.56MB - http://www.multiupload.com/N5Z7JLJRSX
Camera Hotfix - 753KB - http://www.multiupload.com/ZOCTZPK1F0
R1B010 Full - 187.91MB - http://www.multiupload.com/458ZP98FVZ
R1B010 Lite - 107.05MB - http://www.multiupload.com/YBV35WYKGP - No 3rd Party APKs except LauncherPro
Zipaligned APK Pack v4 - 111.63MB - http://www.multiupload.com/MU9QX2CR54- All the APKs from R1B010 Full - NOT flashable