• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][land] Unofficial LineageOS 15.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

theunnamedfeeling

Jun 13, 2017
So some bugs are now the same as team reloaded has. Files have size of 0b while moved to SD, it fixes with unmouting and mounting it. And i personally have my LTE disconnected sometimes (maybe a provider related but didn't experience so on previous builds or Omni)

theunnamedfeeling

Jun 13, 2017
Tried to make logs of lte disconnect, maybe this may help
P.S. they're very long, but it should be in the end of both

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    198.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

ZETROzky

Jul 30, 2015
Mannheim
Review of the ROM after about a week of usage:

The Pros:
Best damn Oreo ROM out there right now.
Everything works (except for the dark video recording bug)
Oreo
No random reboots till date
Daily driver material(take a backup every weekend just in case?¿)
Magisk works just fine, no issues
Bluetooth is a solid 10/10
Button remapability is there for the people who need it
On screen buttons(I'm not one for using them when I have capacitive keys that don't take up screen real estate)
Up to 2020mA charging

Now for the bad (actually just pet peeves, nothing bad) news:
The brightness bug(50% is 0 and 75 % is 50 but 100 is 100)
Battery life is half as much on MIUI, although it's good enough for a custom ROM, I can squeeze about 5-10 hours of SOT per full charge; phone lasts an average of a day (keep in mind I am a heavy user so 2-3 hours of video, 2-4 hours of social and Bluetooth always on cause Spotify)
Dark video recording (will hopefully be fixed soon)
Google Camera doesn't work at all(I've tried everything, even the mods. The latest version that works is 3.2 I think)
Something is wrong with the dark theme, can't read the text in the settings(screenshots attached)

So yeah. Have fun with your devices, this is the best ROM for all of the "I-need-the-latest-and-greatest-from-Google"heads out there.

Also ambient display only lights up when you get notifications; dev needs to add always on or ambient on pickup(whichever they're using now)and fix the font size k thx.

Also Night Light vs LiveDisplay? Night Light doesn't appear anywhere but I can access it via settings suggestions. (LiveDisplay is progressive whereas Night Light switches all at once.)

Now for Android P:silly:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180124-155113.png
    Screenshot_20180124-155113.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 466
  • Screenshot_20180124-155123.png
    Screenshot_20180124-155123.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 468
  • Screenshot_20180124-155131.png
    Screenshot_20180124-155131.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 470
Last edited:

baba9

Apr 15, 2014

The Pros:
Oreo
On screen buttons(I'm not one for using them when I have capacitive keys that don't take up screen real estate)

Battery life is half as much on MIUI, although it's good enough for a custom ROM, I can squeeze about 5-10 hours of SOT per full charge; phone lasts an average of a day (keep in mind I am a heavy user so 2-3 hours of video, 2-4 hours of social and Bluetooth always on cause Spotify)
Google Camera doesn't work at all(I've tried everything, even the mods. The latest version that works is 3.2 I think)
Something is wrong with the dark theme, can't read the text in the settings(screenshots attached)

So yeah. Have fun with your devices, this is the best ROM for all of the "I-need-the-latest-and-greatest-from-Google"heads out there.

Also ambient display only lights up when you get notifications; dev needs to add always on or ambient on pickup(whichever they're using now)and fix the font size k thx.

Also Night Light vs LiveDisplay? Night Light doesn't appear anywhere but I can access it via settings suggestions. (LiveDisplay is progressive whereas Night Light switches all at once.)

1. About that brightness bug, i gotta say i didn't faced anything like that, brightness is normal for me. Like other custom roms!
2. Gcam mod works brother, just use GoogleCamera-PixelMod-Arnova8G2-5.1.018-v1
For video recording use Nexus 6P config!
3. Battery backup is equal to what i get in MIUI.
I play online games a lot so i touch 6 to 8 hrs SOT!
4. I never used Ambient display so don't know about it.
5. You can find Night Light in Quick Settings box, just click on edit and select the Night Light toggle!

Note : I've been using this ROM since 2 weeks. And clean flashed with Nano gapps! Also Magisk 15.3!
Thanks!

ZETROzky

Jul 30, 2015
Mannheim
1. About that brightness bug, i gotta say i didn't faced anything like that, brightness is normal for me. Like other custom roms!
2. Gcam mod works brother, just use GoogleCamera-PixelMod-Arnova8G2-5.1.018-v1
For video recording use Nexus 6P config!
3. Battery backup is equal to what i get in MIUI.
I play online games a lot so i touch 6 to 8 hrs SOT!
4. I never used Ambient display so don't know about it.
5. You can find Night Light in Quick Settings box, just click on edit and select the Night Light toggle!

Note : I've been using this ROM since 2 weeks. And clean flashed with Nano gapps! Also Magisk 15.3!
Thanks!

1. It's the 50% bug where less than 50% = 1% brightness.
2. Didn't know, will check.
3. Yeah that's with heavy usage. Same thing here.
5. Yes I did see it but it isn't directly visible in the settings. And LiveDisplay is better anyway so I think they'll remove it in the official builds.

baba9

Apr 15, 2014
1. It's the 50% bug where less than 50% = 1% brightness.
2. Didn't know, will check.
3. Yeah that's with heavy usage. Same thing here.
5. Yes I did see it but it isn't directly visible in the settings. And LiveDisplay is better anyway so I think they'll remove it in the official builds.
I'm totally not facing any brightness issue here, less than 50%, my brightness just goes down normal.
Its working perfectly for me. You should reflash this rom.
Long pressing Night Light also take you to its settings. Although its replaced by Live Display i think!

Reactions: ZETROzky

chaubeyprateek

Feb 8, 2014
Noida

The Pros:
Oreo

Regarding night light it's replaced with live display (it will be improved time to time)
I have picked dark theme in beta State so you have to ignore it :p
Havent added Ambient display in it yet
Battery :- as you sad depends on usage but still it's good

Great review :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts