[ROM][lavender][12.0] ArrowOS [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Cherno87

Jul 1, 2016
Any way to have the "select" when you see your recent app list? I mean when you swipe up and hold.
My prev ROM had it and it's really helpful cause you can't select test in some apps and with that option I was able to (you select the text from the app preview, without open it)
I don't know if the feature have a name but I hope I explained myself

fourthletter

Jun 27, 2009
Edinburgh
Is the latest 12.1 build solid? Need something bug free for my Wife's phone.
Is 12 or 11 a better bet?

*EDIT UPDATE*
I had installed 12.1 a few versions ago (on my old phone, Note 7) and she has had screen flickering and screen turning off randomly also the picture being out of line on the screen, with the nav bar sitting half way up the screen.
I appreciate the bugs may have been fixed since, I have installed two updates (with the updater) and it works better but still loads os screen issues.
I know a fresh install with firmware and recovery updated and a reflash from scratch may fix all the issues, but if 12.1 is still a bit buggy my wife will be fine with 12.0 or 11 so long as everything works.
Can anyone let me know what they think, she finds it tough to have to sign back into everything again and again so I'd rather only do it once.
I have now moved to a Poco X3 pro and not using the Note 7 24/7 and am still using Arrow OS on my new phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChriMo

svendsvin

Oct 21, 2013
Lost in space
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Magisk has already survived since Magisk version 24.3. Magisk does not have to flash again after an Arrows OTA update. But you need Orange Fox version R11.1_2. It does not work on older recovery.

Thank you. I'm on stock 12.5.1 and OF 11.1. Considering the release notes to OF 11.1_2 that say I should not use the update with MIUI in what order should I flash OF?

Gepa36

Jan 16, 2018
I didn't pay attention to that notice about MIUI. I always run from MIUI to custom ROM as soon as possible. I switched to Arrows from PE, not from MIUI and I always try to have the latest firmware. If I flashing cleanly, I proceed as follows:

1) Boot to recovery

2) I will delete everything, except the SD card and OTG. Format data.

3) Install LAST firmware. (It's not always necessary, but it doesn't matter if you flash it)

4) Reboot into RECOVERY! (Do not restart the SYSTEM! The system is deleted at this time!)

5) After rebooting to the recovery - flash ROM (ideally with GAPPS)

5) Flash Gapps (if not included in ROM)

6) Wipe cache and dalvik and restart system.

This is the basic.

I prefer the Predator kernel. I use Google backup + Nova Launcher backup.

Then I install Magisk (+ modules), set up safetynet, install external apps, set up apps and generally customize the system.

I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device :)

Amr Pilot

Aug 23, 2014
Alexandria
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
I didn't pay attention to that notice about MIUI. I always run from MIUI to custom ROM as soon as possible. I switched to Arrows from PE, not from MIUI and I always try to have the latest firmware. If I flashing cleanly, I proceed as follows:

1) Boot to recovery

3) Install LAST firmware. (It's not always necessary, but it doesn't matter if you flash it)

4) Reboot into RECOVERY! (Do not restart the SYSTEM! The system is deleted at this time!)

This is the basic.

Then I install Magisk (+ modules), set up safetynet, install external apps, set up apps and generally customize the system.

How do you setup safetynet ?

Gepa36

Jan 16, 2018
How do you setup safetynet ?

Enable Zygisk in Magisk

Configure DenyList You mark all apps, from which you want to hide root, but especially Google Pay and Google Play Store - it is necessary to display system applications (at the top right).

Google Play Store - clear storage and cache.

Download SafetyNet v2.2.1 (or later) and install via Magisk

Restart

Open the Google Play Store

Check SafetyNet using apps YASNAC

Reactions: Amr Pilot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1) Boot to recovery

This is the basic.

Ota update Is enabled.
    Update Orange Fox and wipe.
    Flash arrow directly.
    Gcam Is supported.
    Thanks!

Just another question, I think I'll lose all data right? And what about banking app? I've seen in 12.1 version some user are having problems...
    I have some banking apps and everything is working as expected.
    Yes, you'll lose all your data, so you need a backup
    Is the latest 12.1 build solid? Need something bug free for my Wife's phone.
    Is 12 or 11 a better bet?

*EDIT UPDATE*
    I had installed 12.1 a few versions ago (on my old phone, Note 7) and she has had screen flickering and screen turning off randomly also the picture being out of line on the screen, with the nav bar sitting half way up the screen.
    I appreciate the bugs may have been fixed since, I have installed two updates (with the updater) and it works better but still loads os screen issues.
    I know a fresh install with firmware and recovery updated and a reflash from scratch may fix all the issues, but if 12.1 is still a bit buggy my wife will be fine with 12.0 or 11 so long as everything works.
    Can anyone let me know what they think, she finds it tough to have to sign back into everything again and again so I'd rather only do it once.
    I have now moved to a Poco X3 pro and not using the Note 7 24/7 and am still using Arrow OS on my new phone.
    I'm on latest Magisk 25.1. Do I have to reinstall it if I flash this rom or does it survive?
    Magisk has already survived since Magisk version 24.3. Magisk does not have to flash again after an Arrows OTA update. But you need Orange Fox version R11.1_2. It does not work on older recovery.

I don't know why nobody posted about this rom for Redmi Note 7, so I'll post about it.
    I've discovered it randomly and loved it! It's one of the few maintained Android 12 stable roms out there!

logo.png

ArrowOS 12.0 for Redmi Note 7 (lavender)
    ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

ROM Source: github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_lavender

Telegram: group
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • As far as I know it all works

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to download

INSTRUCTIONS
    • Boot into your recovery (I use OrangeFox)
    • Wipe data, cache, ART/Dalvik cache (you'll lose all of you data!)
    • Format Data
    • If you haven't already, flash the latest official MIUI (You can download it from here, choose the correct region!)
    • Without reboot, flash ArrowOS zip
    • Re-wipe cache and ART/dalvik cache
    • Reboot
    I agree, I've been running their Android 11 rom for almost a year now and it's been rock solid.
    There is now official Update to 12.1
    Dirty flash worked for me.
    There no need to flash miui first.
    Latest global FW is enough i think
    So Wipe Data and Cache, then use the Format Data function from custom recovery but between these no System Reboot. Right ?
    Exactly. Wipe, Format, Flash MIUI (if you haven't the last) and then flash Arrow OS. Only at the end of this you can reboot in Arrow OS.