Disclaimer:
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
 * war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some
 * research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

Krexus-CAF is what the name implies. The Krexus unique combination of mods, on top of a clean uptodate and latest CAF source.
Built mainly of top of AOSP-CAF (with permission) and using only what's necessary from all the other great non-nexus device supporting ROMs (CyanogenMod, Dirty Unicorns, AOSPB, Tesla etc), Krexus-CAF tries to provide the maximum compatibility possible with CM-based device trees while keeping a small ROM base.

Lead Developer: @KreAch3R

About Krexus:
Krexus was born out of a simple necessity. The latest releases of stock Android (namely lollipop and marshmallow) were pretty close to my idea of a perfect android ROM, yet missing some elements, which are meant to be included in stock Android, at least for me. Starting from a clean AOSP environment, only specific features and fixes are included, which are personally tested, with one goal in mind. To create a stock like android ROM, "as it should be".

This means, and I mean it, a ROM like how stock nexus image should be, for me.

This isn't going to get bloated. Most UI "features" are already there.
This isn't going to start picking commits relentlessly, I will test them personally and only add things that 1) work like they should 2) would fit in a stock ROM.
This isn't going to be updated very quickly. Only security and bug fixes will be pushed out ASAP.
This is going to follow Google's & AOSP guidelines as closely as I can

Google+ Community

DEVICE SPECIFIC INFORMATION

IMPORTANT DEVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS

• What doesn't work?:
  • You tell me ;)

Google+ Community: Krexus-CAF Community
ROM DOWNLOAD LINKS: AndroidFileHost

Last edited:

DTLblaze

May 20, 2016
Norwich
Added an AndroidFileHost link because the other download site doesn't work for some people
Hi! I am new to the forum and I to own a Moto X Play and have just set out on my journey to unlocking and using roms to their full potentials. But I don't know how to create roms? I was wondering if you could somehow help me? Would talking privately be better?

GtrCraft

Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2013
Moto G5 Plus
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hi! I am new to the forum and I to own a Moto X Play and have just set out on my journey to unlocking and using roms to their full potentials. But I don't know how to create roms? I was wondering if you could somehow help me? Would talking privately be better?
There are a lot of guides on xda for that. And they will explain it better than me

Sent from my XT1562 using XDA Labs

K.khiladi

Aug 6, 2014
Downloaded and tried. Just like a nexus rom with minimal set of features (too minimal for my taste). The best option for those who want stock rom with some minor customizations. Rom is fluid like every other. Also other users do note that the rom isn't pre rooted. Great rom . Thanks developer.

Last edited:
Reactions: leonardoroza

DTLblaze

May 20, 2016
Norwich
Good ROM and Antutu Benchmark Is higher than the stock. But is the default messaging app on this ROM really hangouts? I had to install a different app to text. Any ideas?

Reactions: Benjamin_L

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    oRrQGLu.png

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
     * war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some
     * research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Krexus-CAF is what the name implies. The Krexus unique combination of mods, on top of a clean uptodate and latest CAF source.
    Built mainly of top of AOSP-CAF (with permission) and using only what's necessary from all the other great non-nexus device supporting ROMs (CyanogenMod, Dirty Unicorns, AOSPB, Tesla etc), Krexus-CAF tries to provide the maximum compatibility possible with CM-based device trees while keeping a small ROM base.

Lead Developer: @KreAch3R

About Krexus:
    Krexus was born out of a simple necessity. The latest releases of stock Android (namely lollipop and marshmallow) were pretty close to my idea of a perfect android ROM, yet missing some elements, which are meant to be included in stock Android, at least for me. Starting from a clean AOSP environment, only specific features and fixes are included, which are personally tested, with one goal in mind. To create a stock like android ROM, "as it should be".

This means, and I mean it, a ROM like how stock nexus image should be, for me.

This isn't going to get bloated. Most UI "features" are already there.
    This isn't going to start picking commits relentlessly, I will test them personally and only add things that 1) work like they should 2) would fit in a stock ROM.
    This isn't going to be updated very quickly. Only security and bug fixes will be pushed out ASAP.
    This is going to follow Google's & AOSP guidelines as closely as I can

Google+ Community

DEVICE SPECIFIC INFORMATION

IMPORTANT DEVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS

• What doesn't work?:
    • You tell me ;)

Google+ Community: Krexus-CAF Community
    ROM DOWNLOAD LINKS: AndroidFileHost
    I am very proud to publish this rom finally, I loved it on my Nexus 5 and I am so happy it is now on the Moto X Play. Very nexus like with all the essential features they miss.

Thanks @KreAch3R @Vatsal & Dark-falcon for helping and teamwork. Very happy with the outcome.
    Sorry for the wait, here is the new update:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424943621

Mostly little bugfixes etc.
    Finally after 2 months a new release:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24686681827313469

-Updated to July patch
    -Subtratum compatible
    -Lot's of device fixes and new moto gestures
    -Also yes, also patched quadroot stuff
    Features List

Base ROM, Krexus features: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64499139&postcount=2

Device specific features list:

• Gestures/CMactions
    • Snap Camera