[ROM][LB/UB][4.1.2] SlimBean 3.1.0

Search This thread

Olivier

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 6, 2011
PREAMBLE
This is SlimBean for locked bootloaders. Just to clarify, I'm not responsible for anything, neither for soft or hardbricked, nor for anything else. :D
Please, do not post feature requests or bug reports here, use DevDB instead, thanks.
As always, this ROM is not a ZIP-port, it has been compiled from source (see my sources).

WORKING/NOT WORKING
It probably has the same bugs as CM10 for LB.

FEATURES
This ROM is very lightweight (only 113 MB) and it also has very nice additions (see my screenshots).
Please visit the SlimROMs homepage for more information, the special "SlimGAPPs" and much more. :)

DOWNLOAD
You can get the latest build from here.

SOURCEs
Manifest
Tools used for patching it to work LB
Kernel Source (6.2.B.1.96 kernel)

CREDITS
  • letama (he fixed RIL)
  • FXP and CyanogenMod Team
  • PAC Team
  • AOKP Team
  • MrGezz
  • optimumpro
  • atis112
  • cray_Doze

XDA:DevDB Information
SlimBean 3.1.0 for locked bootloaders, a ROM for the Sony Xperia Ion

Contributors
djolivier
ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Root, CWM/TWRP
Based On: SlimBean

Version Information

Created 2014-02-16
Last Updated 2014-03-06

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-15-20-31-31.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-15-20-31-31.png
    131.1 KB · Views: 2,813
  • Screenshot_2014-02-15-20-31-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-15-20-31-25.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 2,886
  • Screenshot_2014-02-15-20-30-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-15-20-30-56.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 2,545
  • Screenshot_2014-02-15-20-30-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-15-20-30-42.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 2,501

imm1304

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Gapps

For those interested in very light Gapps, I am using the attached Gapps... which i had previously downloaded from xda.

Attachments

• YourZgappsXS-Black_MultiDPI-4.1.2-13.11.06.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 177
Reactions: Bugly Astard

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Just noticed that the hardware camera button isn't working on this rom.

I just checked on my ION and it works perfectly for both starting the camera and taking a shot...

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

grrrr. got some build prop errors during install. with this one and the pac rom.... restoring from soft brick as we speak

You need to remove the first couple of lines from Meta-Inf/com/google/android/update-script where the software calls for LT28h. Because your phone is LT28i, flashing does not proceed...

Reactions: imm1304

Olivier

Nov 6, 2011
Can somebody please list all Xperia Ion variants? I can then add them to the updater-script by default.

BTW, if somebody is interested... Here you can find some nice add-ons (untested).

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
from your opinion which is the best rom in battery life and performance until now?

I think it is clearly Slimbean, the lightest, but gives you a lot of options including many tweak options (embedded in settings app) and dual pane. It also gives you the largest ram (I had 395 mb on start). All CM based roms sleep well if properly patched.

fernoct

Apr 14, 2012
Colombo
OnePlus 8T
What's wrong with the original one?

Original FM app gives error and force closes in CM10 rom by @MrGezz and other releases of djolivier doesn't come with FM app.
Only gap of giving up stock based rom (I'm Aoba black fan of u) is the fm radio unavailability and "call waiting of other party doesn't show when originating the call" issue of CM10. Hoping a good reply. :)

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Build Prop issues on install attempt

Tried to follow @optimumpro method of deleting the buildprop but i realized that even after removing said lines, im not sure how to recompile.

So maybe @djolivier OP can fix the build prop lines in his next update.

Use 7zip to unzip, then noteplus to make changes and save. Then rezip using 7zip again. That's it.

Najuto9tail

Aug 25, 2011
Lajas, PR
I flashed rom sucesfully, runs smooth, awesome features but recent apps does not work. I try to open a recent app and phone gets frozen. Can it be fixed? I am loving this rom so far.

Olivier

Nov 6, 2011
I have this bug on all of my AOSP(-derived) ROMs for LB... Haven't been able to fix it yet. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PREAMBLE
    This is SlimBean for locked bootloaders. Just to clarify, I'm not responsible for anything, neither for soft or hardbricked, nor for anything else. :D
    Please, do not post feature requests or bug reports here, use DevDB instead, thanks.
    As always, this ROM is not a ZIP-port, it has been compiled from source (see my sources).

WORKING/NOT WORKING
    It probably has the same bugs as CM10 for LB.

FEATURES
    This ROM is very lightweight (only 113 MB) and it also has very nice additions (see my screenshots).
    Please visit the SlimROMs homepage for more information, the special "SlimGAPPs" and much more. :)

DOWNLOAD
    You can get the latest build from here.

SOURCEs
    Manifest
    Tools used for patching it to work LB
    Kernel Source (6.2.B.1.96 kernel)

CREDITS
    • letama (he fixed RIL)
    • FXP and CyanogenMod Team
    • PAC Team
    • AOKP Team
    • MrGezz
    • optimumpro
    • atis112
    • cray_Doze

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimBean 3.1.0 for locked bootloaders, a ROM for the Sony Xperia Ion

Contributors
    djolivier
    ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Root, CWM/TWRP
    Based On: SlimBean

Version Information

Created 2014-02-16
    Last Updated 2014-03-06
    And here are 2 patches to address Android OS overdrive:

Framework patch:

http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/7031626/file.html

WIFI-Audio patch:

http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/92695885/file.html

They will make sure your phone sleeps well once you press the power button...

Flash both in recovery: framework first, then clean dalvik cache and reboot. Next do the WIFI and reboot.
    Here is the latest battery stats. 11 hours including over 1hr of screen; 90% wifi; sip client (got rid of csipsimple and instead use linphone), voice calls, moderate web browsing and syncing 4 email accounts on K9 mail. And using only 20% of battery. Keep in mind, this was not overnight, but rather during the day use. You can't beat that. Slimbean is positively the best combination of lightning speed and battery life. Also, unlike other CM based roms, this one doesn't have google analytics in jar files that wastes your battery even if you untick report usage in settings.

I have encrypted my device and am done with flashing. There must be a major war at the least to force me to change to another rom. :)
    screenshot can be enabled via settings/interface
    For those who want to use encryption on CM based roms: it works without slowing down your phone, and you can use an app from F-droid encpasschanger to have a separate (long) password for boot and short one for screen. You just need to do a little extra step:

Start encryption, when you see green droid, immediately remove power plug for the rest of the process.

When you are up and running, the only way for corrupt powers to open your device would be breaking your fingers (one by one) until you give up the password. :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone