[ROM] [LB/UB] [Z] [4.4.2] [.230] [UPDATE :- 21.06.2014] Ultimate BlackXZ v2 Final

Search This thread

Omda_Mix

Apr 6, 2011
plz help , album after install apk still give me unfortunately album has stopped when open it ,, :confused:
thanks,

SonyMan7

Sep 15, 2013
Nikaia
plz help , album after install apk still give me unfortunately album has stopped when open it ,, :confused:
thanks,

I am also having Album problem but only if I reboot the phone! Otherwise it works perfectly! It just needs to be installed after every reboot! Can you verify if this is happening with you too?? Or is it just me!

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Fodor Gábor

Jan 11, 2010
Ajka
Hi! Root Browser, go in to System priv-app delete Album. apk, the reboot. Then install album fix as normal apk. From me works.

Reactions: SonyMan7

chrisuros

Feb 27, 2014
Brisbane City
I am also having Album problem but only if I reboot the phone! Otherwise it works perfectly! It just needs to be installed after every reboot! Can you verify if this is happening with you too?? Or is it just me!

Every user who install this rom knows this bug. Please wait till @Rajeev release an update that eliminates most of the bugs that are still present.:beer:

Sent from my Xperia Z xda premium app

SonyMan7

Sep 15, 2013
Nikaia
Every user who install this rom knows this bug. Please wait till @Rajeev release an update that eliminates most of the bugs that are still present.:beer:

Actually I just did the steps with root browser that the previous user has posted before you and now after 3 reboots it still works without the need of continously installment of Album_fix.apk every time I boot the phone! ?

Fodor Gábor

Jan 11, 2010
Ajka
Actually I just did the steps with root browser that the previous user has posted before you and now after 3 reboots it still works without the need of continously installment of Album_fix.apk every time I boot the phone! ?

From me works 2 Day. This methode.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

The problem is, copy with the root browser in the priv-app and to System make album - copy. apk. No owerwrite. Then not working with this file name. I speak no englisch. I can the problem no nomal lettern, posten.

TwoPointZero

Apr 15, 2012
Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Thanks. Will post the results.

update 1:
flashed 4.2.2
gained root
installed recovery
factory reset (data, cache, dalvik)
flashed Ultimate BlackXZ v1.0.0.zip and UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99.zip (in one step using TWRP zip queue. Did not mount anything)
Turned Force GPU Rendering ON
Rebooted.
NO RECOVERY :-o
At least have root access, so most probably will be able to install some recovery manually.

update2:
installed XZ-lockeddualrecovery2.7.123-BETA
Phone does not reach entering recovery. It does not boot either.
Will go back to Ultimate BlackXZ v1.0.0 and UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99 and wait for some ideas.

update3:
reached probably Ultimate BlackXZ v1.0.1 (merging the two zip files) and installed UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99 as well. Rebooted. Got root, Performance Control is running. Phone works, but can not enter to recovery, even if it blinks LED and vibrates. Neither from reboot menu, neither pressing up or down or up&down.
Can someone please suggest a way to install a working KitKat recovery. Thanks.

The recovery gpio handler (Vol+: PhilZ Touch; Vol-: TWRP) is active when the LED turns green and device vibrates twice... which should be the case if /system/bin/chargermon.trace exists (I think)

The problem with update2 in quoted post: XZDR's install script renames /system/bin/chargermon (preinstalled shell script) to /system/bin/chargermon.trace b/c chargermon.trace (or mr.trace for that matter) is not included in Ultimate BlackXZ v1.0.0.zip!

so the call chain is:

/system/bin/chargermon -> /system/bin/chargermon.trace -> /system/bin/chargermon.trace and so on recursively => blank screen.
You may regain a working boot (on an unlocked bootloader device) by reflashing a boot.img, and write stock files back again (e.g. using an update script -- see attachment).
Or ofc, start over using flashmode.

Attachments

• rollbackXZ-lockeddualrecovery.zip
    527.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reactions: Macsek

Macsek

Apr 29, 2007
Budapest
The recovery gpio handler (Vol+: PhilZ Touch; Vol-: TWRP) is active when the LED turns green and device vibrates twice... which should be the case if /system/bin/chargermon.trace exists (I think)

The problem with update2 in quoted post: XZDR's install script renames /system/bin/chargermon (preinstalled shell script) to /system/bin/chargermon.trace b/c chargermon.trace (or mr.trace for that matter) is not included in Ultimate BlackXZ v1.0.0.zip!

so the call chain is:

/system/bin/chargermon -> /system/bin/chargermon.trace -> /system/bin/chargermon.trace and so on recursively => blank screen.
You may regain a working boot (on an unlocked bootloader device) by reflashing a boot.img, and write stock files back again (e.g. using an update script -- see attachment).
Or ofc, start over using flashmode.

Thanks for your help and explanation, @TwoPointZero.
I checked your file and installed chargemon and mr manually. Phone boots but no recovery.
I have installed XZ-lockeddualrecovery2.7.123-BETA (update2 method). I thought I will change chargemon and mr afterwards. I cannot as the install process includes a phone restart and since that cannot boot, so cannot repair the faulty chargemon. :silly:

It seems I need to pack everything in a single zip file to have a successful install. (Ultimate BlackXZ v1.0.0.zip, UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99.zip, Ultimate BlackXZ 1.0.1, lockeddualrecovery2.7.123-BETA and your rollbackXZ-lockeddualrecovery.zip)
I have already did a try with half of it in update3, it was not succesful, so probably now will wait till Rajeev creates a new version. Until then I need some other ROM, probably Ultimate PureXZ v1 by Rajeev, as I want to use the phone.

The faults I have discovered so far:
  • cursor not visible at writing SMS.
  • sometimes could not answer incoming call. There was the list visible whether to send an SMS or activate voice mail which I was not able to hide even pulling down.
  • I have even had touch screen freeze, had to reset it.

Rajeev, thanks for your work and wish you a quick success with this ROM.
See you later.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Mine is alright. Maybe they did something wrong in flashing the rom. :confused:

I was thinking of your post. How to flash wrong?
Then I realized one step, where I did not follow the instructions. The very first one:
"Copy The ROM Zip and SuperSU Zip To Ur Internal Memory ( Not To SD Card 1 ). Its Should B In Internal Memory."
@Rajeev: can this be a problem?
@invinciblervd: how strictly did you follow the guide? Was your zip on the internal "SD card" while flashing?

Rajeev

Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Thanks for your help and explanation, @TwoPointZero.
I checked your file and installed chargemon and mr manually. Phone boots but no recovery.
I have installed XZ-lockeddualrecovery2.7.123-BETA (update2 method). I thought I will change chargemon and mr afterwards. I cannot as the install process includes a phone restart and since that cannot boot, so cannot repair the faulty chargemon. :silly:

It seems I need to pack everything in a single zip file to have a successful install. (Ultimate BlackXZ v1.0.0.zip, UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99.zip, Ultimate BlackXZ 1.0.1, lockeddualrecovery2.7.123-BETA and your rollbackXZ-lockeddualrecovery.zip)
I have already did a try with half of it in update3, it was not succesful, so probably now will wait till Rajeev creates a new version. Until then I need some other ROM, probably Ultimate PureXZ v1 by Rajeev, as I want to use the phone.

The faults I have discovered so far:
  • cursor not visible at writing SMS.
  • sometimes could not answer incoming call. There was the list visible whether to send an SMS or activate voice mail which I was not able to hide even pulling down.
  • I have even had touch screen freeze, had to reset it.

Rajeev, thanks for your work and wish you a quick success with this ROM.
See you later.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

I was thinking of your post. How to flash wrong?
Then I realized one step, where I did not follow the instructions. The very first one:
"Copy The ROM Zip and SuperSU Zip To Ur Internal Memory ( Not To SD Card 1 ). Its Should B In Internal Memory."

@Rajeev: can this be a problem?
@invinciblervd: how strictly did you follow the guide? Was your zip on the internal "SD card" while flashing?

Leave all problems bro.. I will update this Rom soon. Without any Bugs.. The only problem u should do a clean flash. Wait for some days. Working on it..

Reactions: Chelonee

invinciblervd

Aug 2, 2010
London
@Macsek

I did copy the files to internal memory. However I don't see why it makes any difference for someone coming from android 4.3 as the recovery can access both internal memory as well as sd card.

Macsek

Apr 29, 2007
Budapest
@Macsek

I did copy the files to internal memory. However I don't see why it makes any difference for someone coming from android 4.3 as the recovery can access both internal memory as well as sd card.

I came from 4.2.2 and flashed from ext SD card (as it is also handled by the recovery). I don't see why Rajeev mentioned it has to be in internal memory, probably because of the old recoveries, which did not handle ext SD.
@invinciblervd: try to start the recovery using NDR utils.
I have installed the other ROM of invinciblervd, where I cannot enter the built-in dual recovery pushing any of the volume buttons, nor by rebooting to recovery, but I can enter using this app, which was just installed by the system.

Reactions: invinciblervd

Rajeev

Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Guys

New Updated ROM Is Done.. All bugs Fixed.. Now Uploading. No Idea When The Upload Will Finish.. So Please Wait....

Regards

Rajeev

EDIT

Hi Guys

OP Updated With New Download Link. Please Follow The Install Instructions Carefully. Maximum Of Bugs Fixed... Remaining Bugs Will Fix After .233 Official Update (If Its Worthy To Update )

Bugs Remains
---------------------

1. Update Center Is Not Themed To Black
2. One Extra Line ( Gap ) Under Settings/Personalization Tab
3. Cursor Can't Visible While Typing Msgs In SMS App..

I Will Make An Add On For 100% Pure Black Experience Soon.. Using This ROM Since Two Days. Recovery , Advanced Power Menu All R Working.... Just Follow The OP Instructions...

If U Can't Live With These Bugs Means U Can Always Flash Back To Stock Or Use Any Other ROMs Thats Ur Wish...

Thanks And Regards

Rajeev

Last edited:

totzkitotz

Dec 6, 2013
DAUiSneyland
Guys

New Updated ROM Is Done.. All bugs Fixed.. Now Uploading. No Idea When The Upload Will Finish.. So Please Wait....

Regards

Rajeev

EDIT

Hi Guys

OP Updated With New Download Link. Please Follow The Install Instructions Carefully. Maximum Of Bugs Fixed... Remaining Bugs Will Fix After .233 Official Update (If Its Worthy To Update )

Bugs Remains
---------------------

I Will Make An Add On For 100% Pure Black Experience Soon.. Using This ROM Since Two Days. Recovery , Advanced Power Menu All R Working.... Just Follow The OP Instructions...

If U Can't Live With These Bugs Means U Can Always Flash Back To Stock Or Use Any Other ROMs Thats Ur Wish...

Thanks And Regards

Rajeev

Nice bro :good:
Great job again...gonna reflash this by tomorrow..:good:
Thanks again bro

Reactions: Rajeev

Macsek

Apr 29, 2007
Budapest
Version Nr?

Guys

Regards

Rajeev

Can you please call it officially v1.0.2 (or something other, but different version)
It is OK if we agree this is v1.0.2 or 2014-06-09 version (see ISO 8601)
But this is your ROM so better you name it :)

Thanks.

Macsek

Apr 29, 2007
Budapest
Recovery , Advanced Power Menu All R Working....
Rajeev, thanks for the quick update.

Recovery works for me but I cannot enter using vol up or down buttons at boot time.
I can get in either using reboot to recovery or using NDR utils.
In other cases the phone vibrates, I press up or down and release it and press again and release it, which normally the enter sequence to recoveries. LED remains green, it does not change to purple and it just continues booting.
LED is purple when entering either Philz Touch or TeamWin or CWM. (but no vibrating)

PS:
Debug info
PhilZ Touch Recovery and CWM has a Key Test in the Advanced Menu.
I have tested key codes:
Down 114
Up 115
Power 116

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    huoub9.jpg

Credit : - My Brother @Pandemic For The Banner

Friends ,

Here Is Second Release Of The Ultimate BlackXZ Stock ROM Based On Android 4.4.2 Firmware 10.5.A.0.230. Fully Themed To Black. A Complete Black UI For The Black Lovers... Pre Rooted, Deodexed, Zip-Aligned, XZ Dual Recovery and Kernel Inside For a All In One Experience... Fixed All Known Bugs....

FEATURES

Version 1

• Based On Official KK 4.4.2 Firmware 10.5.A.0.230
    • Rooted With Latest SuperSU ( Need To Flash SuperSU Zip )
    • Fully Deodexed
    • Fully Themed To Black
    • Zip Aligned For Better RAM Management
    • Added init.d Support For Various System Tweaks
    • Latest XZ Dual Recovery Pre Installed
    • Fixed Lag In Settings While Scrolling
    • Superuser Mod Added For Installing Z2, Z1 Like Ported Apps
    • build.prop Edited For Z2 Ported Apps
    • SD Card 1 Read / Write Bug Fixed
    • Advanced Power Menu
    • All Media Apps Updated To Latest ( Except Album )
    • All Available 4.4.2 Performance Tweaks Added For Smoothness and Lag less
    • CPU Control Integrated To Settings
    • Stock .230 Kernel Included . No Need To Flash Stripped Kernel
    • Offline Charging Bug Fixed
    • Audio Sluttering Bug Fixed
    • 4.4.2 Stock Theme Modded For More Thick Colors
    • Z Latest SemcMusic 8.3.A.0.7
    • Z2 Latest Conversation 27.3.C.1.2
    • Z2 Latest SemcPhone 4.4.2-45 ( Disabled Annoying Data Notifications )
    • Z2 Latest SemcCalendar 12.0.A.5.2
    • Z2 Latest SemcEmail 6.1
    • Z2 Latest SemcClock 12.0.A.5.1
    • Z2 Latest SemcPhotoEditor 3.1.A.0.36
    • Z2 Latest SemcVideo 7.0.A.0.8
    • Z2 Latest SomcSketch 1.0.A.4.9
    • Z2 Latest TaskKiller
    • Z2 Latest Home
    • Z2 Latest Simple Home
    • Z2 Latest Update Center 2.2.1.A.0.4

Version 2 ( OTA )

• Fully Re Designed Black Mod
    • Advanced Volume Control Panel
    • A New Experience In Black ROM For XZ
    • Advanced Sony's Framework
    • That's It

DOWNLOADS

ROM v1:- Click Me !

MIRROR :- Click Me ! Thanks To @Mr..X For The Mirror

ROM OTA UPDATE v2 :- Click Me !

SuperSU Fix :- Click Me !

INSTRUCTIONS

(1) FOR LOCKED BOOTLOADERS
    If You Are Coming From 4.2.2 , 4.3 , 4.4.2 With A Working Recovery Means ,

• Copy The ROM Zip , SuperSU Fix To Ur Phone
    • Backup Ur Datas If U Need It
    • Switch Off and Reboot To Recovery
    • Wipe Data Factory Reset ( Recommended )
    • Wipe Cache / Dalvik Cache
    • Go To Mount and Storage and Then Mount System ( Other Wise It Won't Work )
    • Flash ROM and Flash SuperSU Fix ZIP
    • Reboot and Set A New Theme
    • Reboot 3 or 4 Times To Get A Stable Performance

(2) FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS
    If You Are Coming From 4.2.2 , 4.3 , CM , 4.4.2 Means

• Copy The ROM Zip , SuperSU Fix and Advanced Stock Kernel ( Here ) To Ur Phone
    • Backup Ur Datas If U Need It
    • Switch Off and Reboot To Recovery
    • Wipe Data Factory Reset ( Recommended )
    • Wipe Cache / Dalvik Cache
    • Go To Mount and Storage and Then Mount System ( Other Wise It Won't Work )
    • Flash ROM , SuperSU Fix ZIP and Advanced Stock Kernel Zip
    • Reboot and Set A New Theme
    • Reboot 3 or 4 Times To Get A Stable Performance

VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR ROOTING 4.4.2
    Guys,

If U Still Having Problems With Rooting 4.4.2 Means Here Is The Video Tutorial By My Friend @light19940120

Click Me !

CREDITS

| dipesh1502 | | RyokoN | | zippy01 | | DooMLoRD | | [NUT] | | Chainfire | | bozikakis | | Pandemic | | serajr | | sandy7 |
    | balrajs99 | | kszaq |
    SCREENS

xz1-150544.jpg

PHONEBOOK AND DIALER
    • Call Recording
    • 2G Only Mod
    • Speaker Voice Enhancement
    • Disabled Annoying Data Notification
    xz100-150540.jpg

xz101-150541.jpg

xz102-150542.jpg

xz500-150543.jpg

xz600-150538.jpg

xz601-150539.jpg

MESSAGING AND KEYBOARD
    xz900-150545.jpg

xz901-150546.jpg

xz300-150537.jpg

xz200-150547.jpg

xz201-150548.jpg

THEME PICKER , SMALL APPS , POWER MANAGEMENT , CALCULATOR & UPDATE CENTER
    xz700-150549.jpg

xz701-150550.jpg

xz900-150551.jpg

MODDED 4.4.2 STOCK THEME FOR MORE THICK COLORS
    xz800-150552.jpg

xz801-150553.jpg
    VARIOUS ADD-ONS PACK

(1) SMALL DPI NAVIGATION BAR ( SOFTKEYS ) MODS

Please DON'T Use This Small DPI In OTA v2

28 DPI SMALL NAVIGATION BAR MOD

32 DPI SMALL NAVIGATION BAR MOD

36 DPI SMALL NAVIGATION BAR MOD

40 DPI SMALL NAVIGATION BAR MOD

48 DPI STOCK NAVIGATION BAR MOD

INSTRUCTIONS

• Download and Copy The Zip To Ur Internal Memory ( Not in SD Card 1) It Must Be In SD Card 0
    • Power Off and Enter Recovery
    • Important :- Go To Mount and Storage and Then Mount System ( Other Wise It Won't Work )
    • Flash Zip
    • Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
    • Reboot
    • Done...
    (2) DEFAULT 4.4.2 STOCK THEME

http://d-h.st/Aq4 ( Thanks To @Pandemic For Uploading )

(3) OLD STYLE SYSTEMUI TOGGLES

SCREEN

DOWNLOAD ( Mount System and Then Flash )

CREDITS

| RyokoN |
    [03.06.2014] OTA Update v.1.0.1 :- Chagelogs ,Screens and Download Link

Content Removed Due To New Rom Update
    Guys

Regards

Rajeev

EDIT

Hi Guys

Bugs Remains
    ---------------------

Thanks And Regards

Rajeev