[ROM|LEAK|MM] SM-N910P TouchWiz Marshmallow 6.0.1 N910PVPE4DPB5 *Eng Bootloader*

Search This thread

samep

Dec 8, 2011
Isn't it a newer version for Wanam's module (the one with a green wave icon)?
Works well AFAICT, finally got what I desire the most since owning a Note4 - mass multi\floating window app support!
Still missing brightness slide control though. Some features of gravity box work and some don't, including brightness. May try it on Not4 our ROM too. I wish there was AIO application to offer everything I wanted, rather than installing many...
What is the hotspot mod for?
PM sent.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Sterist

Sep 30, 2011
Galaxy S, quadrant 2
So far, games run the smoothest of all the ROMs I tried with or without Beastmode kernel (the beastmode slightly adds more battery life thanks to @freeza 's ZL fix) and this ROM also picks over 80k off of Antutu where others get 73-75k. The menus and screen effects may look a bit sluggish but still, I get the best performance out of MKX here where others show similarity thanks to Game tuner app - here I didn't even install Game tuner. Can you link me to a working ALT version?
(tried this one but it drove me into a boot loop)

I find that Game Tuner often hurts more than helps, seems to be an intermediate process that can't make up for the overhead unless performance is maxed (crap quality). I can't remember if it's preloaded on PB5 but there definitely wasn't a working version on any Note 4 ROM at the time.

so, that could be a possibility in better performance in the Leak build. also, you may have optimized the PB5 installation more extensively, making for a slanted comparison

in regards to xposed, it must have "ALT" on the version name. none on the list that you linked to contained the alt tag

mustasusi

Mar 17, 2012
Makkabim
I find that Game Tuner often hurts more than helps, seems to be an intermediate process that can't make up for the overhead unless performance is maxed (crap quality). I can't remember if it's preloaded on PB5 but there definitely wasn't a working version on any Note 4 ROM at the time.

so, that could be a possibility in better performance in the Leak build. also, you may have optimized the PB5 installation more extensively, making for a slanted comparison

in regards to xposed, it must have "ALT" on the version name. none on the list that you linked to contained the alt tag

I've found the correct one already. see: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=67652478&postcount=158
Just Gravity box has some features non-effective to this ROM. For the sake of comparison - Gravity box doesn't run at all on @freeza 's Not4our ROM even after I enabled the module and rebooted, it keeps claiming to have no response from framework. As for Game tuner it wasn't preloaded in PB5 and no need to, since games run fine enough without it. It does however come preloaded with Not4our ROM, leaving settings to default ("balanced") seems to be OK. Not sure about its necessity there as well...

samep

Dec 8, 2011
I've found the correct one already. see: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=67652478&postcount=158
Just Gravity box has some features non-effective to this ROM. For the sake of comparison - Gravity box doesn't run at all on @freeza 's Not4our ROM even after I enabled the module and rebooted, it keeps claiming to have no response from framework. As for Game tuner it wasn't preloaded in PB5 and no need to, since games run fine enough without it. It does however come preloaded with Not4our ROM, leaving settings to default ("balanced") seems to be OK. Not sure about its necessity there as well...

You can fix the Xposed issue on freeza's ROM by using a root browser to change ownership globally to existing package ID. Goto /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer and change as shown below
5f96a1db708f94f05d4658b404cb8d10.jpg

You can verify that by checking /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/modules.list owner and group may not match the parent folder.

mustasusi

Mar 17, 2012
Makkabim
You can fix the Xposed issue on freeza's ROM by using a root browser to change ownership globally to existing package ID. Goto /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer and change as shown below
5f96a1db708f94f05d4658b404cb8d10.jpg

You can verify that by checking /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/modules.list owner and group may not match the parent folder.

I see a bunch of other options but the one listed in your screenshot
Screenshot_20160711-231623.jpg
What browser do you use? :confused:

samep

Dec 8, 2011
I see a bunch of other options but the one listed in your screenshot
View attachment 3814000
What browser do you use? :confused:

I use Root Browser by SpeedSoftware.

Did you try your properties option? It may show the owner or group with package ID.

Other than that, ScriptManager is a root browser among things with a property tab that allows the change and at least the pro version shows the package ID by application and number. I think the free version is full version with ads.

Don't know why yours isn't showing owner group by package ID. It should for /data/data folders. The Xposed Installer in dalvik cache even shows this in /data/dalvik-cache for me.

Edit: yours may also, just scroll and see if package ID for applications are present.

Last edited:

jhomelle

Jan 4, 2013
hey just a noob question, can i use your engineered baseband to flash other custom ROM. i tried to flash cm12 to my n910P MM 6.0.1 and the wifi dosnt work.. its somehow greyed out and not able to turn on.. any advice?:eek::eek:

kaos420

Account currently disabled
Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
hey just a noob question, can i use your engineered baseband to flash other custom ROM. i tried to flash cm12 to my n910P MM 6.0.1 and the wifi dosnt work.. its somehow greyed out and not able to turn on.. any advice?:eek::eek:

you need to read the op of the rom your run. some require different base bands. this is ancient. most work og5 pd1 pg1 read the thread of said rom

mustasusi

Mar 17, 2012
Makkabim
The only major bug I'm facing here is every time an app crashes and force closes, the screen won't respond to touch for about 40 seconds then afterwards it would vibrate 3 pulses and show a f\c dialog box, at this point you should never lock your device, otherwise it won't wake up again and you may have to hard reboot pressing physical buttons.
Bottom line - if a f/c occurs prepare to manually reboot your machine unless you leave the screen always on.
Any workaround for this?

samep

Dec 8, 2011
The only major bug I'm facing here is every time an app crashes and force closes, the screen won't respond to touch for about 40 seconds then afterwards it would vibrate 3 pulses and show a f\c dialog box, at this point you should never lock your device, otherwise it won't wake up again and you may have to hard reboot pressing physical buttons.
Bottom line - if a f/c occurs prepare to manually reboot your machine unless you leave the screen always on.
Any workaround for this?
Could be SystemUI that's crashing or impacted. Similarly, I know Good Lock will act like that and require a full reboot to correct it; I've had that happen restoring data through its interface after apk update. Are you running Good Lock or experiencing the SystemUI application stopping?

Or maybe you're running out of memory?

My suggestion would be to run the latest update (currently PH4 but that one is only available OTA at the moment though). The latest available stock tar for Odin is usually posted in OP of the stock thread in general forum for Sprint Note 4. Instructions and tools are also in the OP.

You could flash the bootloader or baseband from the OP if your goal is to have the engineering ones. Not a necessity for root to have them though.

mustasusi

Mar 17, 2012
Makkabim
Could be SystemUI that's crashing or impacted. Similarly, I know Good Lock will act like that and require a full reboot to correct it; I've had that happen restoring data through its interface after apk update. Are you running Good Lock or experiencing the SystemUI application stopping?

Or maybe you're running out of memory?

My suggestion would be to run the latest update (currently PH4 but that one is only available OTA at the moment though). The latest available stock tar for Odin is usually posted in OP of the stock thread in general forum for Sprint Note 4. Instructions and tools are also in the OP.

You could flash the bootloader or baseband from the OP if your goal is to have the engineering ones. Not a necessity for root to have them though.

Good Lock doesn't even allow me to install, I believe because it's Odex version. Force installation of this by replacing Systemui file with root explorer is a mistake. You have to reboot for the changes to take effect but as you reboot Systemui is totally messed up, constantly crashes on you and basically wouldn't let you use the phone, leaving no other choice than re-flashing ROM. If you don't touch Systemui you would never hear from it. It's not about SysUi crashing. It's about ANY app crashing that freezes your device for a while (although I can still see the asteroids running the same on my wallpaper so rendering still goes) and afterwards you can't let the screen go off for it may not wake up again until you press power+home+vol down buttons to reset. ANY app crashing may trigger this, either Titanium backup or Dashlane that constantly generates a force close whenever you close it normally - to avoid this I go to task manager and close Dashlane from there. I still have more than 1G free memory I suspect the least. And I don't want to update because I tried PC1-PE2 and my service has gone disabled (i.e. empty signal bar, emergency calls only). PB5 is the only one working with service for me, note that I'm using a GSM carrier.

samep

Dec 8, 2011
I install Good Lock over Odexed ROM without issue.

I've ran all the marshmallow updates on this phone in this forum. I even ran this one first. I did have some initial random issues with marshmallow randomly crashing and not recovering well. A backup may not restore and function 100%. I tend to start over cleanly if I crash it. But I learned it was me trying to do too much at a time causing it.

IMO, the updates have gotten better. Dunno what your GSM support issues are but don't doubt you're having issues. Our forum has many posts and threads about the same. It's hard to keep up with what actually fixes the data and radio issues for other carriers.

I suspect it could be ItsOn not being properly removed causing singe users issues. When you flash the tar, you can get the folders at /carrier/ItsOn and /system/vendor/ItsOn and look for the install scripts in the resource zips to make sure you're deleting the install points to avoid random reboots.

Edit: removing ItsOn is important if running a different kernel. Did you try the instructions in this post? (post # 112)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=65765853

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Super Anti-plumber Bros 2. presents: Marshmallow 6.0.1 leak with engineering bootloader for the SM-N910P.

Check out the screenshots below.

Here's what you need to know before installing:
    -You will need to flash the updated bootloader (engineering) AND baseband. You can go back to lollipop, but will need to downgrade your bootloader back (I will link it) or your wifi will not turn on and your camera will be blurry and not focus. You may keep the baseband no matter what version you are on.
    -This is an engineering build, so there are debugging apps and features turned on. While this has a very minor effect on performance, it has one nonetheless.
    -This ROM takes a VERY VERY LONG TIME to boot. It took me almost 30 minutes and I almost gave up and thought I did something wrong. But, it is deodexed by default since it isn't production software.
    -This ROM can be flashed with TWRP and does not replace your recovery.
    -This ROM comes with a su binary, not SuperSU, but SuperSU 2.68 beta can be flashed to enable root (will link below).
    --What does that mean? the ROM is partially rooted and adb shell will throw you into a root shell by default. Apps won't say you're rooted, but once you flash SuperSU 2.68 beta, it will work as normal.

Anyway, enough with all that crap. Here's what everyone really wants: Bootloaders and basebands are ODIN flashable TAR images. The ROM is flashable with TWRP.
    Pre-flash:
    Engineering bootloader: Download PB5 engineering bootloader
    PB5 Baseband: Download PB5 baseband
    ROM:
    SM-N910P-PB5-ENG-Leak ROM: Download SM-N910P-PB5-ENG-Leak ROM

Post-flash: Want root?
    SuperSU 2.68 BETA: Link to SuperSU 2.68 BETA thread

Looking for the original Odin TAR? WARNING: THIS WILL ERASE YOUR INTERNAL STORAGE
    Download PB5 Odin TAR

Wanna downgrade? No problem:
    OK1 bootloader: Download OK1 bootloader
    OK1 baseband (OPTIONAL): Download OK1 baseband
    Sweet! That's awesome. Can't wait to see what you amazing DEVS do for our devices with mm.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Well, until apktool gets updated to support Marshmallow we won't be able to properly decompile and build apk's & jars. So no custom mods or anything until apktool is updated. Its still cool to see what we can expect with the official M ota.
    I'll upload the full tar tomorrow :)
    Added original Odin TAR to the OP. WARNING: it will wipe your internal storage.
    Is this a leaked build for the N910P or the N920P that has been ported? Just curious as in the OP it says 920 but the screenshots show 910.

Woops, typo. It is definitely for the N910P. Thanks for pointing that out!