[ROM]LeeDrOiD M9 v4.0.0 Port from LeeDrOiD_HTC10 | Nougat | Sense 9.5 | SVN [Nov 07]

pmacevad

Nov 8, 2010
South Chicago Burbs, IL
Is LTE tethering working on this ROM for Sprint? Seems like Team BadBoyz is the only one that has it working for sprint so far and it'd be fantastic if it was working here too!

Also, can any sprint users comment on how lee's kernel is working for them (and which ROM you are running it with)? Tia and looking forward to giving this ROM a whirl on my m9, pending working LTE tethering (I depend on its functionality).

Sent from the m9...

Harriinu

May 24, 2015
I love your ROM all the way LeeDroid. I have the 7.50 installed on my phone working perfectly except......
Forgive my silly question.....is there a way I can reduce the DPI of everything on the phone? My BBM for example is larger than the screen, I cannot see what I type or use the smiley icon because it does not show. I can send a screen munch if that would help

Plsssss............:angel::angel::angel::(

Reactions: LeeDroid

jamieunit

Feb 15, 2012
I love your ROM all the way LeeDroid. I have the 7.50 installed on my phone working perfectly except......
Forgive my silly question.....is there a way I can reduce the DPI of everything on the phone? My BBM for example is larger than the screen, I cannot see what I type or use the smiley icon because it does not show. I can send a screen munch if that would help

Here you are I use this and take it down to 400dpi https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.texdroider.texdroider_dpi

skeleton1911

May 4, 2012
münster

with a root explorer
browse to system/build.prop
search for
Code:
ro.sf.lcd_density=480
lower the 480 to what you want, for example to 420
but dont go under 420 . then you can not apply the pin code because the "ok" button is not visible..

Notice: that some apps will not shown up in playstore anymore or you get incompatible message , related to the different dpi...
(its not a rom bug, its related to the google framework and playstore...)

Harriinu

May 24, 2015
Thanks a bunch. Was finally able to reduce the DPI to 420, but unfortunately my BBM (even though reduced now) is still larger than my M9 screen. Really strange because I cannot see what I type, the smiley icon on the right and the attachment icon on the left usually located at the bottom barely even shows. This is the only issue i have. Don't know what to do anymore
Is anybody experiencing this?

Thanks in anticipation

jamieunit

Feb 15, 2012
but dont go under 420 . then you can not apply the pin code because the "ok" button is not visible..

Notice: that some apps will not shown up in playstore anymore or you get incompatible message , related to the different dpi...
(its not a rom bug, its related to the google framework and playstore...)

I don't use pin code but with 400dpi i only have a fault in PayPal which I can't see logout but touching just above the navbar logs me out. No prob in playstore, Cheers

Last edited:

thicklizard

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2011
Crown Point
Is LTE tethering working on this ROM for Sprint? Seems like Team BadBoyz is the only one that has it working for sprint so far and it'd be fantastic if it was working here too!

Also, can any sprint users comment on how lee's kernel is working for them (and which ROM you are running it with)? Tia and looking forward to giving this ROM a whirl on my m9, pending working LTE tethering (I depend on its functionality).

Sent from the m9...
Yes and no. I have lte tethering working. But it isn't flashable. All that is required is an sqlite editor

Reactions: mammothjojo88

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Was using me mates s6 the other day, they've got a few screen off animations, any thoughts to porting them to your ROM Lee? Haven't seen a single phone / ROM with any besides the s6 and maybe the nexus, really miss the CRT animation, can't believe they removed that..

pmacevad

Nov 8, 2010
South Chicago Burbs, IL
Not that I know of, If time permits I may write up a set of instructions in the sprint section. This is the only non sprint rom I've run, and it works perfectly. I assume it would work on all international roms then.
I think I used a similar hack on the m8, maybe that hack works in the m9. I haven't tried cause it disables ivp6 and I have read here that disabling that somewhere affects data connectivity. I think I may wait for you to write up your guide.

Sent from the m9...

thicklizard

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2011
Crown Point
I think I used a similar hack on the m8, maybe that hack works in the m9. I haven't tried cause it disables ivp6 and I have read here that disabling that somewhere affects data connectivity. I think I may wait for you to write up your guide.

Sent from the m9...
What I do is similar but it does not disable ivp6

outofluck

Nov 5, 2014
Just flashed the latest on my Sprint M9 and as with the previous folks, I'm getting a repeated crash on Wifi Calling. I played around to gather some more details for you, however. The error only occurs when Wifi is enabled and connected. This error begins the exact moment you sign into a wifi network during set-up. Disabling wifi stops the error. I froze wifi calling in TB and that did the trick after I rebooted. Seems like Wifi Calling must be enabled be default so hopefully it's as easy as making a small patch so it's disabled by default instead. I'm no dev but I would hope it really is that easy lol. Aside from the annoyance of having to endure the non-stop force close messages until I could freeze the app and reboot, everything is buttery smooth and working flawlessly. And that includes data services. Excellent work, Lee!

Reactions: LeeDroid

pmacevad

Nov 8, 2010
South Chicago Burbs, IL
Just flashed the latest on my Sprint M9 and as with the previous folks, I'm getting a repeated crash on Wifi Calling. I played around to gather some more details for you, however. The error only occurs when Wifi is enabled and connected. This error begins the exact moment you sign into a wifi network during set-up. Disabling wifi stops the error. I froze wifi calling in TB and that did the trick after I rebooted. Seems like Wifi Calling must be enabled be default so hopefully it's as easy as making a small patch so it's disabled by default instead. I'm no dev but I would hope it really is that easy lol. Aside from the annoyance of having to endure the non-stop force close messages until I could freeze the app and reboot, everything is buttery smooth and working flawlessly. And that includes data services. Excellent work, Lee!
I can also confirm this behavior regarding Wi-Fi calling. Did the same method to freeze it and reboot and the f/c is gone. Have you been able to provision sprint vvm successfully? The old tb trick doesn't seem to be working to get messages to deliver through the app. If not could anyone else come in on how to get it working? Other then those issues ROM is super smooth.

Sent from the m9...

jamieunit

Feb 15, 2012
@LeeDroid I can't replicate it but the steps were open google app from home screen / made a search / switched to images / clicked on an image to expand it then 3 dot menu view image / it opened the image in UC browser and went to the image I've supplied and got stuck on 90% then froze/rebooted.

Attachments

Last edited: