[ROM] LeeDrOiD Ultra V2.1.0 - Oreo - Fast | Stable | Feature Packed | 2.21.401.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeDroid

Recognized Developer
Jan 13, 2007
Newton Aycliffe
www.leedroid.co.uk
Will try it in the afternoon as well. For now I've reverted to the stock to check if the issues I've discovered are related to Oreo itself, Magisk, Xposed or it is specific to LeeDroid.
ATM only problem I can pin on LD is the GMail sync.
Going to take a look at Google play services today, that same version is fine on the u11 & HTC 10

Borys123

Mar 10, 2015
Gmail/Inbox has sync issues
Also the hardware keys doesn't vibrate

Except from that, this is great!
Yep, I'm testing the new rom and there's an issue with Gmail. It says (translated, my menus are not in English) "There is a problem connecting to Google Play Services".
And it cannot download my emails.
Also, Google Play Games app force closes every time I try to run it.

Edit: Oh, and there is also something wrong with the Aroma installer. I chose NOT to I install some apps and still a few of them have installed (100% sure they haven't downloaded later, they're system apps), like HTC Mail, Zoe and maybe something else I don't remember.

Last edited:

LeeDroid

Recognized Developer
Jan 13, 2007
Newton Aycliffe
www.leedroid.co.uk
Yep, I'm testing the new rom and there's an issue with Gmail. It says (translated, my menus are not in English) "There is a problem connecting to Google Play Services".
And it cannot download my emails.
Also, Google Play Games app force closes every time I try to run it.

Edit: Oh, and there is also something wrong with the Aroma installer. I chose NOT to I install some apps and still a few of them have installed (100% sure they haven't downloaded later, they're system apps), like HTC Mail, Zoe and maybe something else I don't remember.
Try clearing data of Google play services, I'm investigating

Borys123

Mar 10, 2015
Try clearing data of Google play services, I'm investigating
Clearing data didn't work, installing beta from Google Play fixed it. (both Gmail and Play Games)

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

By the way, is it possible to have a battery icon like on Nougat? I mean the percentage being displayed directly on the battery icon. I used to have it like this when applying percentage through system ui tuner.

ShivaX

Dec 30, 2011
Monterrey
Going to take a look at Google play services today, that same version is fine on the u11 & HTC 10
I don't know if you still have doubts about this, but I was using stock oreo before installing this rom, and I didn't have this issue, also I installed without magisk and the issue persist, I didn't install xposed either.

jeromelec

Jul 25, 2010
le havre
Magisk v16 works perfectly on stock Oreo ....this is not the reason...maybe Xposed...i don't know i don't install it. And my google play service is in beta. I don''t use Gmail, i prefer htc mail.

Last edited:

jamesmalit3

Sep 10, 2012
I solved this problem by installing Google Play Services Beta and sync worked and other force close issues disappeared.

Actually I have another problem, when the phone has been locked for long, a black gradient appears on the screen after pressing the power button to unlock and the whole screen won't respond to touch. I have to hard reboot the phone to use it again. It has happened twice already.

Anyway, this ROM gave me a reason to root my phone. Thank you very much. I have experienced no other issues aside from that. Thank you so much for working on this phone!
The problem disappeared after performing dirty flash and unselecting HTC Smart Screen. ROM is now perfect for my use.

ShivaX

Dec 30, 2011
Monterrey
Try clearing your dalvik cache and make sure the ROM zip MD5 matches
I did this last night, I even formatted data, but the issue is still there. Also I can confirm that Magisk it's not the issue because I used stock oreo with magisk for several weeks and it was working fine. I think it's related to the google play services issue, but chrome sync it's also not working.

Installing google play services beta fixed both issues for me (gmail and chrome).

udastgir

Jan 6, 2011
What sort of installation have you done? Fresh flash, dirty flash? What was your previous ROM? If you want help from anyone provide specifics. Clairvoyance is not everyone's gift.
i am from stock oreo then fresh flash without root and force encryption

QDT

May 8, 2009
Hohenstein-Ernstthal/Germany
i am from stock oreo then fresh flash without root and force encryption
More data! Was your stock same version as the base for LeeDroid? Fresh flash means for you that you have erased user data? Is Dalvik also wiped? Have you checked the md5 sum of downloaded ROM? Can you provide logcat from the application stop?
Is there a consistency in apps FCs like only HTC apps or all of them?

Oddvin94

Oct 2, 2017
The beta did the trick for me ?

Also one more thing, the google dialer always force closes on me, have always done, both on stock and Leedroid, only version that works is the nonnexus one. You know anything on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.