[ROM] Lenovo Z6 Pro L78051 QPST | Edl way |

Search This thread

Xayler

Jan 20, 2020
Hello, I got this phone today as well and I have an issue with sim card detection and wifi connection (I have heard that quite many have had this). I did try to put new ROM on my device, but it didn't work. It said always something with sahara failure and never anything happened. I tried to uninstall it, using other pc, different versions of the tools - always ending on the same error. I just totally wasted my whole evening trying to get this to work, is there anyone active here still in this thread, who could help me? Is there something left still on what I can do? I don't care if I need to root my device or whatever, I just want to start using my phone like it's intended.
Thanks

Ok I managed to update the rom to latest China and Global, but in both ones wifi and sim still didn't work? Is there anything to do?

Last edited:

BlueSwordM

Dec 31, 2017
Hello everybody.

Sorry to interrupt you nice people, but is there a way to install stock firmware via TWRP rather than using QPST or something like QFIL, while keeping the bootloader unlocked?

Currently have the phone running fine with Magisk, but would like to install a more recent OS update. Thank you in advance for the answers.

benjieb

Sep 24, 2008
Paris
There are many stock rom files available for TWRP/Fastboot, but it requires unlocked BL.
There are also some early custom roms who also require unlocking BL.

On locked phone, only option is official OTA or Qfil.

But how do root with a locked BL???
I thought TWRP was required for Magisk

BlueSwordM

Dec 31, 2017
I already had the bootloader unlocked, so installed TWRP, and just installed Magisk 20.2 directly.

So, I can just install the latest stock ROM on the phone via TWRP, and be done with it?

benjieb

Sep 24, 2008
Paris
Well it is a little bit trickier. Joint the telegram group "Lenovo Z6 Pro" you will find answers there.

Please use search / pinned messages / Notes : everything is explained there.

NK_Y520

May 11, 2018
Hello, I got this phone today as well and I have an issue with sim card detection and wifi connection (I have heard that quite many have had this). I did try to put new ROM on my device, but it didn't work. It said always something with sahara failure and never anything happened. I tried to uninstall it, using other pc, different versions of the tools - always ending on the same error. I just totally wasted my whole evening trying to get this to work, is there anyone active here still in this thread, who could help me? Is there something left still on what I can do? I don't care if I need to root my device or whatever, I just want to start using my phone like it's intended.
Thanks

Ok I managed to update the rom to latest China and Global, but in both ones wifi and sim still didn't work? Is there anything to do?
______
Perhaps your imeis have been damaged
-You'll need to unlock your bootloader
-dial *#*#33284#*#*, enable RNDIS with diag mode
-restore your imeis with qfil qcn restore
-then restart your phone
-go to the folder when your ROM has been save, copy persist and NON-HLOS.bin and paste them in your adb folder (rename NON-HLOS.bin to NON-HLOS.img
-press shift and right click in adb folder, open CMD here
-type the following
---adb reboot bootloader
--- fastboot erase persist
--- fastboot flash persist persist.img
--- fastboot erase modem
--- fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.img
--- fastboot reboot
In case it work you would perhaps like to lock your bootloader to get update
When your phone has been restarted, enter the following in adb
--- adb reboot bootloader
--- fastboot flashing lock
On your phone it will show a message and ask you if you want to lock bootloader or not, use volume button to choose lock bootloader(Note: will reset your phone)
Didn't understood a step? WhatsApp me +23058054010 / +23058076108

NK_Y520

May 11, 2018
Thanks

Ive noticed something, i dont know if this will help the developers to understand the problem or not.
After flashing the version 11.1.105, the sim kept working until i turn off my wifi router [means phone no longer connected to internet] then the phone started showing No-service. I tried one thing, connect the phone back to wifi [still on no-service] few minutes later, put on Airplane mode then turn on WIFI and after few seconds i would turn off the Airplane mode, instead of showing No-Service, it shows my carrier name [MY.T] still without signals. Also noticed that when you disconnect to wifi, it shows back No-Service

jonathanrobr

Jun 19, 2019
I am also having network problems. I bought my Z6 Pro at AliExpress with the Global ROM, and today I installed the Chinese ROM for testing. I didn't like it, so I tried to restore the Global ROM. In the QFIL log, the Chinese ROM installation operation was successful. However, when I turned on my cell phone and started setting it up for normal use, I realized that Wi-Fi and the mobile network didn't work. The SIM always seems unavailable, even after removing the chip, restarting the phone and inserting it again. Wi-Fi goes down and back all the time. I have already tested installing the global ROM several times, both version 11.0.405 and version 11.0.284, and also the Chinese version, 11.1.105. In the "About device" section, the baseband version is blank and when dialing * # 06 # I only see the cell phone serial number. Everything else on the device is working as before. With the bootloader blocked will I be able to repair the device? Otherwise, does anyone have a good tutorial for unlocking this device? I have been trying to access zui. com/ iunlock but the site is always unavailable.

benjieb

Sep 24, 2008
Paris
Ok, you ****ed up your EFS partition and scrapped your imei, possibly with wrong settings when you used Qfil

Search for this issue. You will need to find a sain QCN file, modify it with your imei and flash back to your phone.

No need to unlock BL, it is done through Qpst. A bit tricky but every one who had this issue recovered a sain phone.

Good luck

Mohammed k.a

Mar 3, 2020
hi, today upated my lenovo z6 pro L78051 .. ZUI verion 11.5229 ST.... after doing this updation, surprised to see i can not make a call from call history.. i have to physically type out the desired contact no. on the dial pad and then call.. its really annoying... pls help me to come out of this... thanks

Reactions: NK_Y520

NK_Y520

May 11, 2018
hi, today upated my lenovo z6 pro L78051 .. ZUI verion 11.5229 ST.... after doing this updation, surprised to see i can not make a call from call history.. i have to physically type out the desired contact no. on the dial pad and then call.. its really annoying... pls help me to come out of this... thanks

Salamalekoum bhai Mohammed, if you mean you need to manually type your contact number so as to make a call instead of simply typing their names, perhaps you should try this, go to setting, app management, go to phone (app info) force to.stop and restart your mobile phone, try to.see if its resolve the issue

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

I am also having network problems. I bought my Z6 Pro at AliExpress with the Global ROM, and today I installed the Chinese ROM for testing. I didn't like it, so I tried to restore the Global ROM. In the QFIL log, the Chinese ROM installation operation was successful. However, when I turned on my cell phone and started setting it up for normal use, I realized that Wi-Fi and the mobile network didn't work. The SIM always seems unavailable, even after removing the chip, restarting the phone and inserting it again. Wi-Fi goes down and back all the time. I have already tested installing the global ROM several times, both version 11.0.405 and version 11.0.284, and also the Chinese version, 11.1.105. In the "About device" section, the baseband version is blank and when dialing * # 06 # I only see the cell phone serial number. Everything else on the device is working as before. With the bootloader blocked will I be able to repair the device? Otherwise, does anyone have a good tutorial for unlocking this device? I have been trying to access zui. com/ iunlock but the site is always unavailable.
if ever you havent got.a solution, whatsapp me +23058054010
ive tried some solutions but i noticed that the phone would receive signals when both sim are on the device, the sim on which you have set the data will usually have lower signal strength (E) while the second sim will stay most of.the time on (G) but can go upto (4G) also

rizubanana

Apr 15, 2020
Better ROM version?

First of all, some info
Okay guys, I’ve been struggling with this a few hours myself. I am by no means a professional. I think it’s safe to say I’m an amateur who had messed around with Android phones in the past.

As all of you may have noticed; the graphical performance and actually the general performance of the global ROM is really horrible for the Lenovo Z6 Pro. I couldn’t live with the fact that my benchmarks sucked and I felt like my phone wasn’t providing its full potential. After opening an official Lenovo forum some amazing people from the community pointed me in the right direction. Thanks Chaina and PcM_2019 for your amazing input!

The reason for this bad performance has to do with the Global ROM itself. It’s simply poorly optimized right now and receives barely any updates. I expect that in the future it will receive updates accordingly but as of right now it’s better to move over to the Chinese / English ROM.
Keep in mind there will be some Chinese apps and no Google Play in this ROM. You can add Google Play and delete most of the apps in case you’d like it better that way.

Time for the tutorial
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA, THIS IS A TUTORIAL FOR FLASHING DIFFERENT FIRMWARE FOR YOUR DEVICE AND IT WILL RESULT IN LOSING ALL YOUR DATA. Backup all data you wish to keep. Of course I cannot be held responsible for the loss of your data.
You will need a windows computer and a USB-C data cable.
1) Get all the required software for flashing your device to the preferred ROM.
a. First of all, the ROM itself. Because URL’s are not allowed, look on mirrors.lolinet under firmware for Lenovo L78051. It’s about a 3GB file.
b. Secondly; Qualcomm HS-USB driver.exe Boycracked has in his portfolio a a link to the Qualcomm usb driver. Google for it.
c. Lastly; the Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFil)
i. Androidbrick lists the latest Qualcomm flasher qfil gpst 2.7.460. Download this one!

2) We start off with the ROM. It’s a ZIP file, get 7zip or other archiving software to extract it.
3) Install the HS-USB driver – keep pressing next, don’t change anything.
4) Exctract and Install QFil. After the installation you can find the program in start by searching for “QFil”.
5) Place the extracted ROM folder in the following installation path of QFil for avoiding potential issues in the flashing process. The path should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin. Just drop the entire folder in the bin.
6) You’re now ready for the real deal. Time to flash your device! Open QFil (search QFil in start) and follow these steps.

a. Open the configuration tab, click Firehose configuration and change device type from eMMC to UFS. Also “turn Reset After Download” on. Now press “OK”.
b. Now click “load content” Navigate to the path where you placed the new firmware, the path should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\L78051_CN_SECURE_USER_Q00745.01_P_ZUI_11.0.483_ST_190511_qpst and open the XML document “contents”. After this the Programmer path should be automatically filled in.
c. Now open developer options on your phone and turn on USB debugging and OEM unlocking. Change default USB configuration to File Transfer.
d. After this you can turn off your phone. When the phone is turned down completely we will now boot it into flash mode. Hold down the two volume buttons together and plug-in your USB-C data cable which is connected to your PC. QFil should now recognize your device as a COM port. The port should be automatically selected. If that’s not the case, then select port manually. You can now press the blue “Download Content” button.
e. That’s it. Your phone should now be flashed with your selected firmware.

Troubleshooting
If you were to run into problems, don’t worry you can always boot your phone normally again by holding down the power button for 10 seconds after having entered the flash mode. No damage will be done.
If QFIL gives Sahara error, go to device manager and update your COMM port drivers. Let Windows select the correct drivers automatically. Enter flash mode again and try the procedure again.
If it turns out the Sahara error is not fixed after a few attempts you could save a lot of time by using another computer, install everything on there again by following this tutorial and try it again.
If something is unclear, or you keep running into problems, let me know and I’ll try to help you to the best of my ability.

Special credits to Chaina

Additional sources that helped me put this tutorial together:
Boycracked
Mirrors.lolinet
Androidbrick

Hello :) In your opinion, what ROM "version" should I buy?
I need Google, Youtube, etc and I assume the "Global" version has most of it pre-installed or "will work, when installed". But software/firmware-wise, should I just go for the "Original China" ROM? I read in some forums/comments that Google works in the CN-ROM as well & we just have to uninstall unnecessary apps/bloatware etc to free up space. But I'm worried if app updates won't push through for these apps?
I've also read that the Global ROM has some bugs & Android/UI updates are limited to none? And that some units w/ Global ROM that are sold are "flashed" & performance deteriorates?
Honestly, I don't mind manually installing apps & uninstalling apps I don't need. I just want a unit that is fool-proof both software & hardware. So far, reviews in Youtube about the Lenovo Z6 Pro 100% convinced me to buy this unit. Confused on what ROM version to buy...
Any feedback would immensely help me. Thank you!

dnick88

Jul 19, 2019
The answer for most queries...

Use Chinese ROM
Update to most recent ZUI

Get a custom ROM

Personally I like the pixel experience
All the help you can need is on telegram searching for z6 pro forum with 100s of tutorials and links to cover everything.

Your phone won't be better than this.

Reactions: pierro78

NK_Y520

May 11, 2018
Hello :) In your opinion, what ROM "version" should I buy?
I need Google, Youtube, etc and I assume the "Global" version has most of it pre-installed or "will work, when installed". But software/firmware-wise, should I just go for the "Original China" ROM? I read in some forums/comments that Google works in the CN-ROM as well & we just have to uninstall unnecessary apps/bloatware etc to free up space. But I'm worried if app updates won't push through for these apps?
I've also read that the Global ROM has some bugs & Android/UI updates are limited to none? And that some units w/ Global ROM that are sold are "flashed" & performance deteriorates?
Honestly, I don't mind manually installing apps & uninstalling apps I don't need. I just want a unit that is fool-proof both software & hardware. So far, reviews in Youtube about the Lenovo Z6 Pro 100% convinced me to buy this unit. Confused on what ROM version to buy...
Any feedback would immensely help me. Thank you!

would recommend buy the Chinese version. why?
-wonderful job on optimization
-some fixes on camera
-can be updated to android Q(10) mine is on UI.11.5.284
-has a pretty decent and neat UI.according to me
-it still allows u to download playstore
-notification issues has been fixed.

why u should.not buy the global rom, if ever by mistake you got the fake version which is more.horrible than the actual global rom, youll need flash the original one, in this process, u can, by mistake cause harm to the IMEI, its a pain to.get that fixed and sometime it leaves scars. in my case, the sim card which have been set for using data, the network stays on E while the second card stay on 4G

benjieb

Sep 24, 2008
Paris
would recommend buy the Chinese version. why?
-wonderful job on optimization
-some fixes on camera
-can be updated to android Q(10) mine is on UI.11.5.284
-has a pretty decent and neat UI.according to me
-it still allows u to download playstore
-notification issues has been fixed.

why u should.not buy the global rom, if ever by mistake you got the fake version which is more.horrible than the actual global rom, youll need flash the original one, in this process, u can, by mistake cause harm to the IMEI, its a pain to.get that fixed and sometime it leaves scars. in my case, the sim card which have been set for using data, the network stays on E while the second card stay on 4G

Well, yes and no.
Either case it is same hardware and if you are careful if what you do when flashing, going from RoW to CN to Custom is pretty safe.

And it Telegram we have a very strong group of users to help out in case it goes wrong.

Best advice is to go for the cheaper option I guess.

Reactions: bayad and pierro78

aamszia

Nov 14, 2004
Pakistan
www.aegsm.com
_____
| ___|
| |__ _ __ _ __ ___ _ __
| __| '__| '__/ _ \| '__|
| |__| | | | | (_) | |
\____/_| |_| \___/|_|
03:08:13: {ERROR: XML not formed correctly. Expected a < character at loc 0}
_____
| ___|
| |__ _ __ _ __ ___ _ __
| |__| | | | | (_) | |
\____/_| |_| \___/|_|
03:08:13: {ERROR: 3. TAG not found or recognized}
_____
| ___|
| |__ _ __ _ __ ___ _ __
| |__| | | | | (_) | |
\____/_| |_| \___/|_|
03:08:14: {ERROR:
There is a chance your target is in SAHARA mode!!
This can mean
1. You forgot to send DeviceProgrammer first (i.e. QSaharaServer.exe -s 13:prog_emmc_firehose_8994_lite.mbn)
2. OR, you did send DeviceProgrammer, but it has crashed and/or is not correct for this target
Regardless this program speaks FIREHOSE protocol and your target is speaking SAHARA protcol, so this will not work
}
Writing log to 'C:\Users\Windows 7\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\QFIL\COMPORT_14\port_trace.txt', might take a minute
Log is 'C:\Users\Windows 7\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\QFIL\COMPORT_14\port_trace.txt'
Download Fail:FireHose Fail:FHLoader Fail:process fail
Finish Download

fails to flash

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear, Since I only support Arabic, I will present the necessary files with the pictures

This Files Only For: Lenovo Z6 Pro L78051

Settings > About phone > Technical details > Model > Lenovo L78051

You Can use | Tool All In One | to Force your Device go to Edl

01.png

02.png

04.png

05.png

03.png

006.png

07.png

Files:
    Lenovo Z6 Pro L78051 ROM ZUI 11.0.483

Note:
    No Need > Unlock the bootloader
    https://www.zui.com/iunlock
    Guide for Lenovo Z6 Pro CH/ENG ROM flash (BIG PERFORMANCE BOOST COMPARED TO GLOBAL RO

First of all, some info
    Okay guys, I’ve been struggling with this a few hours myself. I am by no means a professional. I think it’s safe to say I’m an amateur who had messed around with Android phones in the past.

As all of you may have noticed; the graphical performance and actually the general performance of the global ROM is really horrible for the Lenovo Z6 Pro. I couldn’t live with the fact that my benchmarks sucked and I felt like my phone wasn’t providing its full potential. After opening an official Lenovo forum some amazing people from the community pointed me in the right direction. Thanks Chaina and PcM_2019 for your amazing input!

The reason for this bad performance has to do with the Global ROM itself. It’s simply poorly optimized right now and receives barely any updates. I expect that in the future it will receive updates accordingly but as of right now it’s better to move over to the Chinese / English ROM.
    Keep in mind there will be some Chinese apps and no Google Play in this ROM. You can add Google Play and delete most of the apps in case you’d like it better that way.

Time for the tutorial
    MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA, THIS IS A TUTORIAL FOR FLASHING DIFFERENT FIRMWARE FOR YOUR DEVICE AND IT WILL RESULT IN LOSING ALL YOUR DATA. Backup all data you wish to keep. Of course I cannot be held responsible for the loss of your data.
    You will need a windows computer and a USB-C data cable.
    1) Get all the required software for flashing your device to the preferred ROM.
    a. First of all, the ROM itself. Because URL’s are not allowed, look on mirrors.lolinet under firmware for Lenovo L78051. It’s about a 3GB file.
    b. Secondly; Qualcomm HS-USB driver.exe Boycracked has in his portfolio a a link to the Qualcomm usb driver. Google for it.
    c. Lastly; the Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFil)
    i. Androidbrick lists the latest Qualcomm flasher qfil gpst 2.7.460. Download this one!

2) We start off with the ROM. It’s a ZIP file, get 7zip or other archiving software to extract it.
    3) Install the HS-USB driver – keep pressing next, don’t change anything.
    4) Exctract and Install QFil. After the installation you can find the program in start by searching for “QFil”.
    5) Place the extracted ROM folder in the following installation path of QFil for avoiding potential issues in the flashing process. The path should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin. Just drop the entire folder in the bin.
    6) You’re now ready for the real deal. Time to flash your device! Open QFil (search QFil in start) and follow these steps.

a. Open the configuration tab, click Firehose configuration and change device type from eMMC to UFS. Also “turn Reset After Download” on. Now press “OK”.
    b. Now click “load content” Navigate to the path where you placed the new firmware, the path should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\L78051_CN_SECURE_USER_Q00745.01_P_ZUI_11.0.483_ST_190511_qpst and open the XML document “contents”. After this the Programmer path should be automatically filled in.
    c. Now open developer options on your phone and turn on USB debugging and OEM unlocking. Change default USB configuration to File Transfer.
    d. After this you can turn off your phone. When the phone is turned down completely we will now boot it into flash mode. Hold down the two volume buttons together and plug-in your USB-C data cable which is connected to your PC. QFil should now recognize your device as a COM port. The port should be automatically selected. If that’s not the case, then select port manually. You can now press the blue “Download Content” button.
    e. That’s it. Your phone should now be flashed with your selected firmware.

Troubleshooting
    If you were to run into problems, don’t worry you can always boot your phone normally again by holding down the power button for 10 seconds after having entered the flash mode. No damage will be done.
    If QFIL gives Sahara error, go to device manager and update your COMM port drivers. Let Windows select the correct drivers automatically. Enter flash mode again and try the procedure again.
    If it turns out the Sahara error is not fixed after a few attempts you could save a lot of time by using another computer, install everything on there again by following this tutorial and try it again.
    If something is unclear, or you keep running into problems, let me know and I’ll try to help you to the best of my ability.

Special credits to Chaina

Additional sources that helped me put this tutorial together:
    Boycracked
    Mirrors.lolinet
    Androidbrick
    I compiled twrp, thread here
    global rom?!

i cant post links here:
    in chn lenovo forums you can find a download link to global rom....i also posted in english lenovo forums
    ...would be nice if someone could link to thist infos....
    ...would also be nice if someone could write a guide on how to flash to global rom...
    ...as far as i see you need to unlock bootloader for this rom...