Search This thread

Stickman89

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2007
Milton Keynes

lewaos5_logo.png

http://www.lewaos.com/en/

Elegant, Responsive and Intelligible

[STATUSCHANGE] > Availability: Uploaded. All systems go!! Enjoy folks.

Firmware Version: LewaOS_5-1 [ADDED: 16/09/2014]
Android Version: 4.1.2 [JellyBean JZO54K]
Updated GAPPS (17/09/14): Click Here

[ .:: Changelog ::. ]

• System:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Initial Release

* Any bugs experienced, please don't hesitate to report. Thankyou.

Build MD5: DE467942053178776643DD8E1E039B91

[ .:: Updates::. ]

• Download Link: Update1_LewaOS_5-1_16-09-2014_DHD_s89.zip
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Updated Build.prop - Optimize
    > Init.d Script added - Optimize
    > Updated Camera App - Fix Missing Camera Resolutions
    > Included Themed Latin_IME - Keyboard
    > Fixed Contacts fc at startup - PIM
    > Fixed Jargon Browser Strings - Webkit
    > Updated GAPPS package - Cause of google search fc

* Full re-installation required, backup important data beforehand using any available backup manager

Installation Instructions:

All new and existing users will be required to (re)install the rom using the below procedure to solve Google Search FC.

1) Install rom via recovery as normal (existing users, no need to re-download)
    2) Flash new (Updated 17/09/14) GAPPS link provided above as usual via recovery
    3) Finally, flash Update1_LewaOS_5-1_16-09-2014_DHD_s89.zip via recovery and reboot

The above order is crucial in order to avoid keyboard FC due to gapps Latin_IME library differing from APK.

Build MD5: B013C4ABFAAECBEAEAD8C5BEB5D54341

[ .:: Known Issues ::. ]

-->Contacts FC at startup - To be solved fixed

----- Anything else please report -----

[ .:: Comments ::. ]

Reminder: Always backup beforehand

[ .:: Next Build Status::. ]

[DEV STATUSCHANGE] > Dev Activity: N/A

[ .:: Screenshots ::. ]

10gdCgI.png
HzSQd8J.png
mFZNJyk.png

\: Get to know your developer... :/

XDA Recognized Developer Stickman89:

Hi folks, s89 here and up to my old antics. I've decided to lay low in the Desire HD fora for a while whilst I stretch my arms and legs, I'll be showering you all with lots of little gift's as and when I please; only if you don't mind ofcoarse? ;]

I'll be bringing you all the latest from yonder laboratory, with hopefully a satisfying experience along the way.

Sensation Developer | Winglinux Project Contributor | HTC Kaiser/Vogue Involvement | Creator of the SenseHERO series for the HTC Hero
Blackstone NAND contribution | Android Porting | RootFS Management | Windows Developer 'Android Package Installer' | HD2 Android Fixes

Last edited:

li70

May 5, 2010
Man...! you'r the man man! :D

Another Rom this is so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, very responsive and beautiful.

having problem with camera maximum pixel rate is set to 3mp and when changing to video mode the focus stays the same as camera and we have to return to camera to focus again, auto-focus isn't available.

-cant give root permissions to Titanium backup and no -trills cpu.

keep testing ;)

Last edited:

admet615

Sep 28, 2012
Brilliant

Aha, not really. I missed a few bugs. Too tired now, will fix after sleep. Only minor bugs; browser prompt displaying jargan strings, camera app needs updating to apk with supporting resolutions and finally Google search lib needs including to solve voice recognition fc.
Come on,bro,you're gonna make it.

Lapyyyyyy

Apr 17, 2013
Kiev
Version of android

Is it version of android is 4.0?.. Nope. Why do u write CM 10? Not CM 10.1:cyclops:
Sorry, u're write:D Sorry, CM 10!:fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

Stickman89

Apr 5, 2007
Milton Keynes
@Stickman89
Hey good to see you back. Always bringing a second life to our device. I believe you have forgotten about the Dev project on the Nokia X port... I can't wait for that. ;)

Hey. Thank you kind sir, pleasure. As long as it remains alive, development shall continue! Aha. I haven't forgotten about the Nokia X port, the RIL is becoming alot of work to get functional. With only two of us it's been quite demanding. I admit I've not kept myself updated on newer ports for the Nokia X; mostly due to life jumping in the foreground. I will take the time to play around with some newer builds and see what I can do.

Right now I'm going to fix those remaining issues on lewa; browser, camera and google search fc on keyboard. Along with any others I come across and/or reported. Perhaps make it even more speedier ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: xdagee

xdagee

Sep 4, 2012
Accra
xdagee.github.io
Hey. Thank you kind sir, pleasure. As long as it remains alive, development shall continue! Aha. I haven't forgotten about the Nokia X port, the RIL is becoming alot of work to get functional. With only two of us it's been quite demanding. I admit I've not kept myself updated on newer ports for the Nokia X; mostly due to life jumping in the foreground. I will take the time to play around with some newer builds and see what I can do.

Right now I'm going to fix those remaining issues on lewa; browser, camera and google search fc on keyboard. Along with any others I come across and/or reported. Perhaps make it even more speedier ;)

As long as we are alive, is isn't late. I was soo eager to try out Nokia's own Android build they made. But it keeps dying as the days goes by. Though I tried some app ports but it isn't like running the fully functionality os port.

I try MUI and it was fantastic except for some FCS and its lagging issues.

I believe Lewa is also great. Keep up the good work. Though I will like to see the most popular oses port for our device, people like you and Musta are doing great job of keeping our device alive as much as you can.

Stickman89

Apr 5, 2007
Milton Keynes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Full re-installation required, backup important data beforehand using any available backup manager

All new and existing users will be required to (re)install the rom using the below procedure to solve Google Search FC.

1) Install the originally provided rom via recovery as normal (existing users, no need to re-download)
    2) Flash new (Updated 17/09/14) GAPPS link provided as usual via recovery
    3) Finally, flash Update1_LewaOS_5-1_16-09-2014_DHD_s89.zip via recovery and reboot

The above order is crucial in order to avoid keyboard FC due to gapps Latin_IME library differing from APK.

Last edited:

Stickman89

Apr 5, 2007
Milton Keynes
Beeurgh looks like I need to rework the GAPPS package, it's not loading anything for me. Anyone confirm?

EDIT: Hold of downloading the current GAPPS new comers until I've fixed it.

Update: Fixed. Gapps link updated (17/09/14), reinstall following the updated installation instructions with working GAPPS.

Last edited:
Reactions: NeRd^

Deval B

Jan 26, 2013
Pune
Headphones are not working

Hey @Stickman89,

Wonderful work mate! :good:
Installed this ROM couple of hrs ago. Did some basic testing and glad it passed on that.
Till now got one issue:
The headsets are not working while playing music. I have tried both stock as well as Sony MDR series headphones but those are not working, every time the sound is coming through loud speaker.
Please fix this asap.
Thanks for your time and Job well Done.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

lewaos5_logo.png

http://www.lewaos.com/en/

Elegant, Responsive and Intelligible

[STATUSCHANGE] > Availability: Uploaded. All systems go!! Enjoy folks.

Firmware Version: LewaOS_5-1 [ADDED: 16/09/2014]
    Android Version: 4.1.2 [JellyBean JZO54K]
    Updated GAPPS (17/09/14): Click Here

[ .:: Changelog ::. ]

• System:
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      - Initial Release

* Any bugs experienced, please don't hesitate to report. Thankyou.

Build MD5: DE467942053178776643DD8E1E039B91

1) Install rom via recovery as normal (existing users, no need to re-download)
      2) Flash new (Updated 17/09/14) GAPPS link provided above as usual via recovery

[ .:: Comments ::. ]

Reminder: Always backup beforehand

[ .:: Next Build Status::. ]

[DEV STATUSCHANGE] > Dev Activity: N/A

[ .:: Screenshots ::. ]

10gdCgI.png
    HzSQd8J.png
    mFZNJyk.png

\: Get to know your developer... :/

XDA Recognized Developer Stickman89:

Hi folks, s89 here and up to my old antics. I've decided to lay low in the Desire HD fora for a while whilst I stretch my arms and legs, I'll be showering you all with lots of little gift's as and when I please; only if you don't mind ofcoarse? ;]

I'll be bringing you all the latest from yonder laboratory, with hopefully a satisfying experience along the way.

Sensation Developer | Winglinux Project Contributor | HTC Kaiser/Vogue Involvement | Creator of the SenseHERO series for the HTC Hero
    Blackstone NAND contribution | Android Porting | RootFS Management | Windows Developer 'Android Package Installer' | HD2 Android Fixes

1) Install the originally provided rom via recovery as normal (existing users, no need to re-download)
      2) Flash new (Updated 17/09/14) GAPPS link provided as usual via recovery

[.: Reserved :.]
    @Stickman89
    Hey good to see you back. Always bringing a second life to our device. I believe you have forgotten about the Dev project on the Nokia X port... I can't wait for that. ;)

Beeurgh looks like I need to rework the GAPPS package, it's not loading anything for me. Anyone confirm?

EDIT: Hold of downloading the current GAPPS new comers until I've fixed it.

Update: Fixed. Gapps link updated (17/09/14), reinstall following the updated installation instructions with working GAPPS.