• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. To discuss, report bugs and other issues, use this thread.

[ROM][LG Aristo 2/2+/K8+] AR.Oreo.Rooted.v6

NonStickAtom785

Mar 13, 2017
Warrenton, Mo
Special thanks:
@tecknight for supplying the rooted boot.img, a root method for the Aristo 2, and for fixing up my Custom Rom. A lot of the credit really should go to him, because without his help my effort would have been useless. So again thank you tecknight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
LG Aristo 2
Rooted/Zip-Aligned/De-Bloated/De-Odexed
AR.Oreo v6

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer:
I am not responsible for any soft brick, hard bricked, or even broken devices after installing. Flash at your own risk.

Prerequisites:
Unlocked Boot-loader
Unofficial TWRP Recovery

Unlocking Bootloader and Installing TWRP Here.

Features:

Removed Metro Apps​
Removed LG Apps​
Zip-Aligned System Apps​
Rooted with Magisk 17.3 Beta​
Trubuchet 15.1(Replacement for LG Home, Easy Home, and Home and Apps Launcher)​
(More features coming soon.:))​

Atomic Rom v6
- Before you install remember to make a backup of your data and system partitions.

- Let's Start!

Power Off your phone​
Press and hold Pwr + VolD and release the power button when the phone vibrates, then just as fast press it again and hold.​
After the factory reset confirm shows up select yes both times to boot into TWRP.​
When done press back and navigate to the directory with the Rom and flash it.​
Reboot the System and Done!​

Update 3.13.19:
Add the link to v6. Sorry guys I didn't realize I was being a poor thread manager.
Update 11.19.2018:
Fixed flash error from "messed up" meta-file in v1 and v2
v2 flash does error 6
The wrong boot.img causes the device to boot loop
SystemUI, LGIMS, and Video Calls keep crashing until the device soft reboots.

Update 11.20.2018:
Fixed updater-script
No more Boot loops.
Nothing crashes upon boot

Update 11.26.18
Rom is almost finished!
Added link to TeckNight's Pre-Rooted Rom
No longer will matter what device you have.

You can visit TeckNight's variant of the rom and how to install it here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78218056&postcount=130

Enjoy and don't forget to leave thanks if you appreciate TeckNight's work and mine![/SIZE]

Thread Rules:
If any questions be sure to ask respectfully.
No cussing
No spamming

XDA:DevDB Information
ARom, ROM for the LG K8 (2018)

Contributors
NonStickAtom785, tecknight
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: cv1
Based On: Stock

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2018-11-30
Current Beta Version: v1
Beta Release Date: 2018-11-30

Created 2018-11-26
Last Updated 2019-06-13

Attachments

Last edited:

Isaah E

Jun 24, 2018
Awesome thanks for adding Google camera and google messages the default lg messages and calling apps are hideous

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

I wish I was smart like you developers so I could create a custom overclock kernel

NonStickAtom785

Mar 13, 2017
Warrenton, Mo
Awesome thanks for adding Google camera and google messages the default lg messages and calling apps are hideous

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

I wish I was smart like you developers so I could create a custom overclock kernel
It's not to hard. I just take in a lot that I read from other forums. I'm not as experienced as others but I've been learning on the way.

I can try to change the calling app, I did it once. Do you have any suggestions as to what app I should use to replace the call app? And would you like some more features to be added. I'm lacking on some idea's. I'm already looking at adding Substrantum, Audio FX, Eleven Music, and a CPU Controller. "Those will be in the next Update, along with a new boot animation."

Reactions: Wizard_451345

jmanc3

Dec 14, 2015
Thank you for the work you've put in! I just wanted to report that I crash when I try to click Home Screen in the Settings under the display tab. Also, would it be possible for you to post the vendor files or what ever you used to compile the rom. That would be extremely helpful.

Isaah E

Jun 24, 2018
It's not to hard. I just take in a lot that I read from other forums. I'm not as experienced as others but I've been learning on the way.

I can try to change the calling app, I did it once. Do you have any suggestions as to what app I should use to replace the call app? And would you like some more features to be added. I'm lacking on some idea's. I'm already looking at adding Substrantum, Audio FX, Eleven Music, and a CPU Controller. "Those will be in the next Update, along with a new boot animation."
This XDA Forum has google phone v26 with dark mode support that would be a good phone app

https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...292-bubble-t3708218/post74588791#post74588791

Reactions: NonStickAtom785

NonStickAtom785

Mar 13, 2017
Warrenton, Mo
Thank you for the work you've put in! I just wanted to report that I crash when I try to click Home Screen in the Settings under the display tab. Also, would it be possible for you to post the vendor files or what ever you used to compile the rom. That would be extremely helpful.
I used the Stock rom to make this Rom. So essentially it's just a Custom Stock Rom with replaced Apps.

NonStickAtom785

Mar 13, 2017
Warrenton, Mo
This XDA Forum has google phone v26 with dark mode support that would be a good phone app

https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...292-bubble-t3708218/post74588791#post74588791
Hey have you had any updates on the keep. I can pull it from the boot I'm for you if you'd like.

And also have you flashed the new update? I add a couple more things and removed some more. I'm stuck unless I can get some more suggestions from everyone.

Sent from my LGE LM-X210(G) using XDA Labs

Isaah E

Jun 24, 2018
Hey have you had any updates on the keep. I can pull it from the boot I'm for you if you'd like.

And also have you flashed the new update? I add a couple more things and removed some more. I'm stuck unless I can get some more suggestions from everyone.
Yea I flashed the new update but what do you mean by the keep

NonStickAtom785

Mar 13, 2017
Warrenton, Mo
Yea I flashed the new update but what do you mean by the keep
I hate auto correct so much:rolleyes:. I meant to say do you have any updates on the kernel. And lower down I meant to say do you still need the zimage.

I'm about to update the ROM again. It will boot faster and have better battery and charger speed.

Sent from my LGE LM-X210(G) using XDA Labs

AustinGarrick1818

Nov 28, 2016
Thank you for this custom ROM and TWRP! I tested this (and still using as a daily driver) and can confirm working on the LG Phoenix 4 AT&T unlocked bootloader. With Magisk 18.0 I wouldn't recommend you update till a later version is released due to force close errors, but is rare with bash installed to /system. This ROM is very clean and I'm impressed and big thanks to the developer I've been looking for a way to root my Phoenix 4 and have a debloated rom

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

I'm about to change the ROM's build.prop to fit the ROM. Can I get some volunteers to help me edit the settings app.
I'm in!!! Wednesday I'll have my new PC so I can create a new settings app

NonStickAtom785

Mar 13, 2017
Warrenton, Mo
Thank you for this custom ROM and TWRP! I tested this (and still using as a daily driver) and can confirm working on the LG Phoenix 4 AT&T unlocked bootloader. With Magisk 18.0 I wouldn't recommend you update till a later version is released due to force close errors, but is rare with bash installed to /system. This ROM is very clean and I'm impressed and big thanks to the developer I've been looking for a way to root my Phoenix 4 and have a debloated rom

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

I'm in!!! Wednesday I'll have my new PC so I can create a new settings app
Awesome!!! I'm amazed that my ROM worked for the Phoenix 4. It was originally for the Aristo 2. What kind of firmware are you running? Also I'm about to release an Oreo Version of the ROM. Would you mind pre-testing it?

Reactions: AustinGarrick1818

AustinGarrick1818

Nov 28, 2016
Awesome!!! I'm amazed that my ROM worked for the Phoenix 4. It was originally for the Aristo 2. What kind of firmware are you running? Also I'm about to release an Oreo Version of the ROM. Would you mind pre-testing it?
I would love to pre-test your rom! I'm on 7.1.2 as the Phoenix 4 was before this rom. No one has even found root or TWRP that works for this device yet so I feel good knowing this rom works

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Oh and TWRP too

NonStickAtom785

Mar 13, 2017
Warrenton, Mo
I would love to pre-test your rom! I'm on 7.1.2 as the Phoenix 4 was before this rom. No one has even found root or TWRP that works for this device yet so I feel good knowing this rom works

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Oh and TWRP too

I'd feel good to! Your the first one ever to root that phone. So if Aristo 2 firmware worked then the TWRP with the Oreo Kernel should work for you to. I'll post the link in a sec.

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone