[ROM] LG G6 TMO H872 10e Stock Rooted ROM 4/3/17

Search This thread

gitit20

Jan 26, 2009
Manhattan
So I guess the days of modding are over might as well switch to Apple no? We own our god d**n device's why can't we mod it? all this lock down on everything we own is really starting to piss me off, I did not pay 750 dollars for a phone that I can't remove apps on... I have reactivated my old Samsung s6 because I can't use my UAV software I wrote on a non-rooted device. Guess I may need to redesign it to work with non-rooted phones but that's such a pain in the a hole to do...

Reactions: Ken C

hanut1

Apr 23, 2011
So I guess the days of modding are over might as well switch to Apple no? We own our god d**n device's why can't we mod it? all this lock down on everything we own is really starting to piss me off, I did not pay 750 dollars for a phone that I can't remove apps on... I have reactivated my old Samsung s6 because I can't use my UAV software I wrote on a non-rooted device. Guess I may need to redesign it to work with non-rooted phones but that's such a pain in the a hole to do...
That's why never buy LG , I was going to buy this phone but I checked XDA because once before also I bought LG and got stuck with same issue

qer0si

Dec 29, 2012
So apparently LG gives the option to unlock the bootloader to international versions. The store where I bought it had only the Korean version and I don't understand if the version I have is considered international?

Last edited:

qer0si

Dec 29, 2012
That's the same version that I have, I'm also wondering this. Check in dev setting there's an option for OEM Unlock so I guess we have an unlocked bootloader?

carhauler1969

Mar 16, 2010
Purmela,Texas
That's the same version that I have, I'm also wondering this. Check in dev setting there's an option for OEM Unlock so I guess we have an unlocked bootloader?
We have that option on T-Mobile in the US as well, but without the fastboot commands to facilitate flashing a custom recovery an unlocked bootloader is, well, useless.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ashley david

carhauler1969

Mar 16, 2010
Purmela,Texas
So is this model h870ds international model or is it h870 ??
This may help answer your query:

https://www.techwalls.com/lg-g6-model-numbers-differences/

From what I can see the H870 + H870 S/K/V + H870 DS are all unbranded international model designations. The carrier branded model designations are all listed separately.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

So this means we just gotta have faith LG will support us?
Um, LG purposely did not include fastboot commands in the bootloader on the G6 for a reason. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

I guess the T-Mobile variant of the G6 will only get support
No support on T-Mobile yet either.

Last edited:

nima0003

Mar 30, 2013
Aurora
Probably, hopefully. I don't know if lg added signature verification to their .tot files with the g6 or not. I would assume not

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

If you search through the g5 bounty thread, you will find that someone, can't remember who, took his g5 to a shop where they had the box to pull a stock .Tot file and went from there. I would suggest getting a small bounty together to him, if he even has the g6. The stock g6 tot file is where to begin. I have the v20 so I haven't kept up
Can you please link the thread?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Probably, hopefully. I don't know if lg added signature verification to their .tot files with the g6 or not. I would assume not

I believe there is sig verification now. But that doesn't mean game over.. just has to be bypassed.

It's a shame that tmobile allows bootloader unlock but removed fastboot flash/boot commands.. therefore requiring a bug to be burned just to get TWRP flashed.

T-mobile version is the only version rootable?

Tmobile H872 G6 doesnt have root yet and will only have root once they have a method to get TWRP onto the device. Fastboot boot/flash commands are disabled so it will take an exploit of some sort to get TWRP flashed to the recovery partition.

The only other G6 device that will have root is whatever device LG adds to the official bootloader unlock list which can be found here: http://developer.lge.com/resource/mobile/RetrieveBootloader.dev?categoryId=CTULRS0703
    Currently there is no G6 model added to that list.. but over time they may add a model or two. The models added to the bootloader unlock list will be the models to get for proper bootloader unlock, TWRP and root without jumping through hoops like the Tmobile H872 variant does.

For all the other G6 variants without bootloader unlock (att, verizon, us cellular, canadian, australian, south american, korean, chinese, etc..), a new root method of some sort would be needed but there is nothing public yet. Once a public root arrives and if a debug bootloader image is leaked (like the LG V20) then other G6 variants might be able to have an unlocked bootloader allowing TWRP and permanent root.

The LG V20 used the dirty cow bug to gain temp root to obtain privileges that allow the debug aboot img and TWRP img to be flashed. Dirty Cow bug has been patched in the G6 so a new root method will be needed.

Just laying out all the current info to this date. I have no plans to work on any of this as I do not have the device.
    Here's the LG G6 TMO H872 10e Stock Rooted rom I extracted from the 10e.kdz thanks to Autoprime.

I rerurned my G6, so there will be no support for this rom.

Twrp bounty:

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3579566

Use at your own risk as I no longer have a G6.

Flashing instructions:
    1) Backup 1st
    2) Flash from TWRP without wiping to test 1st
    3) Report if it flashed good.

Downloads:

LG-G6-TMO-H872-10e-Stock-Rooted.zip

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634759622

MD5: bd88504b333ee7a30fca1d4052fbbccf

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
    When will TWRP be released
    I'll give you a link for twrp if you give a link on how to flash it
    immediately after posting this I remembered that the T-Mobile bootstack (at least for the G4 and G5) is different than all of the other variants, so I don't think this will work. Would you mind quickly explaining how the T-Mobile device varies from the others?

the tmobile variants are a different hardware version than all the others... trying to use a non-tmo G6 bootstack would be as effective as trying to make a G5 bootstack work on a G6. I'd assume they do this specifically so that you can't swap on another G6s bootstack. The lack of fastboot commands on the tmobile variants are no mistake.
    Without fastboot commands you still can't flash recovery so root does no good. You can already unlock the bootloader from developer options without one click root.

Unfortunately i think this time around... as far as LG handsets are concerned(G6).... The International/EU variant will be the most likely contender to achieve official bootloader status WITH adb commands.

It's just unfortunately how a lot of mainstream OEMs are now going with they're current Handset + OS offerings.. I would think mainly due to a focus on locking down any security loopholes.. PLUS keeping unnecessary ["User Incompetence" Warranty Claims] to a minimum.

The best advice i would say at the moment is... if you are thinking on purchasing a G6... Go for the International variant (H870).

It is, by far, THE MOST likely handset(based on LGs track record), to gain Unlocked Bootloader status and with it,... everything then needed for Root, TWRP and Adb commands.. (Ie Custom RECOVERY, ROMS and MODS).

It all depends on how LG plays it out though....

Time will tell..