• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] LG V10 H901-10c Debranded, Debloated, Deodexed ROM - Clean & Stable

Search This thread

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
Hi everyone! Quick update - a sad one, unfortunately. My girlfriend's LG G4 got the Bootloop Of Death™ and she now owns my V10. Between that and my total lack of time, I won't be able to do any further V10 work (I use a Nexus 6P now). I apologize for letting down your expectations, but I'd rather be straightforward about it than disappear without a trace or give endless BS excuses.

Anyone who'd like to take over this ROM is more than welcome to. It's been fun and I appreciate all of your support very, very much!

SkindogOne

Feb 7, 2016
Santa Clarita
Hi everyone! Quick update - a sad one, unfortunately. My girlfriend's LG G4 got the Bootloop Of Death™ and she now owns my V10. Between that and my total lack of time, I won't be able to do any further V10 work (I use a Nexus 6P now). I apologize for letting down your expectations, but I'd rather be straightforward about it than disappear without a trace or give endless BS excuses.

Anyone who'd like to take over this ROM is more than welcome to. It's been fun and I appreciate all of your support very, very much!
Thank you for everything you did, my friend. Its been so much fun getting into this stuff and your ROM was the perfect starter. Look forward to whatever follows with your new device.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

planetbeen

Oct 13, 2011
Virginia Beach
Very sad! Your rom was exactly what I "always wanted" in a rom (even though I didn't root yet!) and I haven't seen it elsewhere. I was looking forward to a 6.0 for my official first root since my HTC g2.

Hopefully someone else will come up with a 6.0 as clean and usable as everyone has reported this one to be. If I wasn't so completely clueless about it all I'd try it myself!
Have fun with your nexus! Maybe we'll all meet again down the road with a new awesome device...

Sent from my pretty nifty brand new LG V10

Reactions: siraltus

Brock Guffman

Jul 11, 2013

Thanks for your work...it will be missed

Sent from my LG-H901 using XDA-Developers mobile app

infin8one

Oct 23, 2013
Thanks for your work and for the update!!! You will be missed... best to you and what ever you decide to cook up next, V10 or not!

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

Apache0c

Aug 3, 2010
SoCal
Looks like I'm going to stay on LP until I change phones. Not going to do the hacky M roms or be stock.

I'm thinking my next phone might be a Nexus or an iPhone.

This phone has finally worn me out on custom roms on phones that don't want custom roms.

Thanks for a great rom @siraltus all good things must come to an end

Sent from my LG-H901 using XDA-Developers mobile app

sanjsrik

Looks like I'm going to stay on LP until I change phones. Not going to do the hacky M roms or be stock.

I'm thinking my next phone might be a Nexus or an iPhone.

This phone has finally worn me out on custom roms on phones that don't want custom roms.

Thanks for a great rom @siraltus all good things must come to an end
Agree wholeheartedly

Reactions: infin8one

snowfox1023

Dec 11, 2016
IN need of help!

last night in twrp recovery i tried to install this rom. after recovery rebooted, i got an error that my lg phone was modified, which followed an automatic reboot. to the same screen. i then used LGUP[H901] to flash the same tot that i used to root my v10. now the phone will boot recovery every time it is powered on. i tried to restore my backup i made with twrp and it still boots into recovery. i sometimes get an error that says "can not mount cache" but when fix it through twrp it can then mount it.
but phone stil not boot any rom ive tried to install, not blisspop cm13 or stock (restore) that i had previously backed up

does anyone know whats going on? how i can fix this??? if so please let me know !

~SnowFox1023~

Apache0c

Aug 3, 2010
SoCal
I'm still running the same original Android 5 ROM. Last night the phone randomly restarted out of nowhere mid-text message with my friend. It kept restarting in a loop then I pulled the battery and tried it again and I did get the phone going enough to send one text then it crashed again. Now it wont start at all. It's stuck on the bootloader unlocked screen. Any ideas?

Sippi4x4man

May 25, 2010
I'm still running the same original Android 5 ROM. Last night the phone randomly restarted out of nowhere mid-text message with my friend. It kept restarting in a loop then I pulled the battery and tried it again and I did get the phone going enough to send one text then it crashed again. Now it wont start at all. It's stuck on the bootloader unlocked screen. Any ideas?

I had the exact same problem. I was in California on a work trip and right in the middle of taking pictures the phone got hot and started rebooting over and over. The only solution was to get another one through my local T-Mobile store when I got back home

Reactions: Taylorce209

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Debranded, Debloated, Deodexed H901-10c ROM for T-Mobile LG V10 (LG-H901) - Clean & Stable

Thanks go to @Rydah805 for deodexing the stock ROM and being my guinea pig while I was fixing all the broken features.

Thanks also go to @KOLIOXDA for being my guinea pig while troubleshooting installation issues.

Features:

• WiFi Calling works with Xposed (even in Airplane Mode)
    • Second screen works with Xposed (no more force-closes during calls)
    • No spyware (Adapt Client and Carrier IQ removed)
    • No T-Mobile apps
    • No Google apps (except Play Store, Search, Text-to-Speech, and Google Play Services)
    • Stock LG boot and shutdown animations
    • No boot sound (boots silently)
    • No Chrome customizations (Chrome homepage no longer forced to t-mobile.com)
    • Stock recovery restore disabled (does not overwrite TWRP on reboot)
    • External storage permissions fix (all apps can write to MicroSD card)
    • WiFi connectivity fix by @ZDeuce2
    • AOSP Emoji font
    • Over 100 additional alarm, ringtone, and notification sounds from Nexus and Samsung phones
    • Busybox 1.24.1
    • SuperSU v2.65 stable
    • Stock 10c kernel and boot image

Download (built Feb. 08, 2016): https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=FE4478E2ABDFD5FC!1082&authkey=!AMAKMBsK8gCEhH0&ithint=file,zip

Changes in this build: Updated SuperSU to 2.65 stable.

Before you install, read below:
    • Safe to install over stock ROM (odexed or deodexed), no need to factory-reset, unless you're compelled to do so by your inner demons.
    • Compatible with Xposed v79-sdk22-arm64 and later (sdk22-arm64 ONLY). Do NOT install any earlier versions or other variants of the Framework. You must use Xposed Installer 3.0 alpha 4.
    • Compatible with P_Toti's G4TweaksBox.
    • Compatible with the LG Apps Theme Engine.
    • The T-Mobile Device Unlock app does not work on this ROM and is not included. The Play Store version does not work, either. To SIM-unlock your phone, flash the stock ROM, unlock (SIM-unlock is forever and not ROM-dependent), then flash my ROM.
    • To get back Google and T-Mobile (except Device Unlock) apps, install them from the Play Store. They all work. They were removed because system apps are not Greenifiable, plus they were causing problems when deodexed.
    • If you use an ad blocker that modifies your hosts file (such as AdAway), you must reapply your ad-blocking filters as this ROM overwrites your customized hosts file with a stock hosts file.
    • Do NOT install the "Second Screen Fix" ZIP, second screen works fine in this ROM with and without Xposed. The "Second Screen Fix" is only for odexed ROMs and will break the second screen in this ROM.
    • This ROM removes any mods you have installed. If you want to reinstall them, they MUST be made for a deodexed stock ROM. Mods for odexed or non-stock ROMs may cause force-closes or a bootloop (flash them at your own risk).
    • If you're still seeing My T-Mobile, Lookout, or the other apps in your app drawer after installing my ROM, those are updates that have been installed from the Play Store - uninstall them manually like any other user app.
    • DO NOT USE "FIX PERMISSIONS" IN TWRP. TWRP has no idea what permissions are correct for your phone and will screw them up, resulting in random force-closes in various apps. If you did it, you will need to wipe the entire /data partition (not just factory reset) and reflash the ROM.
    • If Hangouts crashes when you receive a message or call, it's because it can't find one or more notification or ringtone audio files. Go into your phone's Sound settings and re-select your notification and ringtone sounds, then go into Hangouts settings and re-select the ringtone and notification sound for each type of notification (Hangouts call, Hangouts message, Google Voice call, Google Voice message, and so on).
    • DO NOT INSTALL PowerNap/WakeLockManager. You will get random reboots and corrupt internal storage, since WakeLockManager randomly hard-crashes the entire ART virtual machine.
    • To disable the OTA notification: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=66304926&postcount=1002

Installation:

WARNING: Do NOT install over a custom ROM. You will get a bootloop/force-close loop.

1. Copy ZIP file to phone.
    2. Boot into TWRP.
    3. If clean-installing, factory-reset the phone. The installer wipes the system partition automatically.
    4. Install the ZIP.
    5. If you want Xposed, install it now (use only v79-sdk22-arm64 or later).
    6. Reboot.

WARNING: Do NOT install mods for other ROMs on this ROM. You will get a bootloop/force-close loop.

Do not reuse this ROM without my permission - ask first and give credit where it's due!

Enjoy!

PS. I will begin work on the Marshmallow version of my ROM once we have an official way of flashing TWRP on the Marshmallow bootloader. I want the upgrade process to be "Flash the MM KDZ, install TWRP, flash my ROM." Until then, sit tight!
    OK, so I grabbed the H901-20e KDZ file just now. I'm going to install it on my phone and slowly work on creating a MM version of my ROM from it.

I am again going to focus on stability, so it will take me some time to test every change to make sure it doesn't break something in the OS, especially things that are not immediately noticeable.

EDIT: I forgot we need to wait until a new TWRP recovery that supports the Marshmallow bootloader is built for our phone. I will start working on the MM ROM as soon as that's out.
    Glad to hear it!
    My only request / curiosity is if you will be updating the ROM as T-Mobile pushes out official updates?
    (Security patches/incremental updates,if any,on LP).

Who knows when MM will roll out (not too concerned with it,except the supposed battery savings w/DOZE) ,& as I'm not a developer,I have no clue as to if it will be similar to this ROM as far as developing/De-Odexing/etc....

Once again,THX for the awesome ROM,I'll definitely be buying you a post New-Years Hair-Of-The-Dog hangover drink! :good:

Yes, I definitely intend to keep it up to date.

XDA is full of crap like ~^*^~SuPaDuPa~Ph4nT4Sy-MilkMaid-ROM-v3.4938-w/Th3m3Z~^8^~ where some guy just copypastes together 4893 random-ass mods he pulled from past ROMs without fully understanding how each of them works and how they interact with each other, and the result is a half-baked piece of crap where half the features don't work at all and the other half crash half the time.

They post a ROM that barely boots, call it a "ZOMG DAILY DRIVER" and further down in the post it says "Not working: WiFi, Bluetooth, call audio, power management, USB, charging, etc."

Then then they put out a couple of half-assed updates that barely fix anything and abandon it once they realize it's too much of a clusterduck to maintain.

My mantra is stability and I'm not going to load this up with pointless mods. I make minimal changes because engineers much smarter than me put this entire ROM together and ensured it's stable and working and I respect that.

If you want mods, add them yourself. :D
    REJOICE, MY CHILDREN! MARSHMALLOW IS COMING NEXT WEEK!

As soon as I get a system dump, I'm getting to work. :)

https://twitter.com/askdes/status/718484100630228993
    QFFT! :good:
    I jumped in from the V10,knowing unlock/root hadn't been achieved yet.
    It's still a usable device,w/Package Disabler Pro,Samsung Internet 4.0 w/AdBlock add-on & if you need it,AD Guard.
    Kinda a poor-man's unrooted/debloated ROM,if you will.
    It'll be interesting to see how developer-friendly the LG G5 & HTC 10 will be,or,as a lot of you are anxious about no doubt,the Note 6.
    I'll enjoy my S7 Edge FWIW & the Note 5 (prolly gonna root/ROM that sucka again real soon).

In the meantime,sit tight & wait for 6.0 for the V10,as the grass isn't always greener............................. ;)

It's still a VERY capable device, no doubt. I was going to pick it up for a test drive after the pre-order and BOGO dust settled and they actually had them in stores, but now, meh. And I guess the Note 6 will be similarly locked down. :(

Rejoice LG fans, siraltus is not moving to Samsung after all. More ROMs shall come!