[ROM] Lineage 15.1 for Galaxy A3 2016 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
Please forgive my ignorance, how is the camera quality and performance of LOS (ie: photos/video) compared to stock TW, (don't care about beauty filters or things like that)

Thanks in advance

Photos and videos are good, however I haven't used the stock camera for a very long time so I'm not sure how they compare with any tweaks the Samsung camera app makes after they are taken. If you use the google camera on Stock they should be the same quality as that as we use the stock camera HAL.

knallfr0sch

Aug 18, 2017
Hi,
Here is a new build:
Hey guys. I'm running this build and my phone app won't show the call dialog when someone calls me or I call them. Audio works.
Edit: To be clear: People can call me, but i don't see the "pick up" options. When i call them back, eg by clicking on "Missed call from ...", my phone calls them but does not display any app for that; meaning i can't hang up.
I have a SM-A310F,
Kernel from Jun 25 21:06:07,
Build number opm2.171026.006.c1 12f607597a test-keys

Is there a known solution? I got a german (+49) number, if that matters.

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
Hey guys. I'm running this build and my phone app won't show the call dialog when someone calls me or I call them. Audio works.
Edit: To be clear: People can call me, but i don't see the "pick up" options. When i call them back, eg by clicking on "Missed call from ...", my phone calls them but does not display any app for that; meaning i can't hang up.
I have a SM-A310F,
Kernel from Jun 25 21:06:07,
Build number opm2.171026.006.c1 12f607597a test-keys

Is there a known solution? I got a german (+49) number, if that matters.

Very odd, I haven't seen this before

It sounds like the phone app is miss-configured for some reason. Was it a clean install or an update? I think some apps (like Facebook) try and be your phone app and screw settings up.
You might fix it by resetting the lineage phone app as your default phone app (Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> See All -> Scroll down and click phone -> Scroll down and select phone app and check it is the phone app in that menu) and then try making a call.

Reactions: EsperanzaHz

sakuja90

Jul 3, 2018
Very odd, I haven't seen this before

It sounds like the phone app is miss-configured for some reason. Was it a clean install or an update? I think some apps (like Facebook) try and be your phone app and screw settings up.
You might fix it by resetting the lineage phone app as your default phone app (Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> See All -> Scroll down and click phone -> Scroll down and select phone app and check it is the phone app in that menu) and then try making a call.

I saw the same issue on my A3. I´ve updated the phone app and other apps eg. messaging app from playstore. this helped me to get it working. I´ve also a german number (+49). If this does not help pls try to install a second phone app.

knallfr0sch

Aug 18, 2017
You might fix it by resetting the lineage phone app as your default phone app .
Thanks. Can't believe I have missed such a simple fix. It was probably WhatsApp or Telegram with their Call-ability.

The ROM is working completely fine for everyday use (I don't use NFC or things like that.) Thanks for porting, guys.

batterytwo

Aug 31, 2007
Photos and videos are good, however I haven't used the stock camera for a very long time so I'm not sure how they compare with any tweaks the Samsung camera app makes after they are taken. If you use the google camera on Stock they should be the same quality as that as we use the stock camera HAL.

Mine too, the stock camera could not work normally .

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
Hi,

I have a new release today which should fix a couple of the major issues from the previous builds:
https://mega.nz/#!GFxTVYQb!k1R324-8axK5lmorKKV8xFYLjFyEZ1iW195UU4hJcxI

I tracked down a couple of camera bugs and found some workarounds so now the QR scanner works in snap and hopefully it will fix the other crashes people have seen.

I also found a workaround for the NFC issue, it now works enables properly and doesn't eat battery (doesn't matter whether it is enabled or not when booting).

There are also some power saving additions which have made quite a difference on my phone.

Full change list since last release:
  • NFC wrapper added to aid in debugging issues
  • NFC work around added for the startup issue
  • Suppressed NFC logging output (it spews a lot of crap over logcat)
  • Camera wrapper added to fix a couple of bugs in the HAL, some random lockups fixed, QR scanner now works (thanks @sekil for the initial wrapper)
  • Switched to the Bioshock CPU governor as this really saves battery (thanks @nr23730)
  • Updated more mobicore blobs that seemd to have been missed from before
  • Updated some GPS settings in the overlay
  • Added updating of backlight brightness during doze to fix issues with dark notifications
  • Added Sekils audio fix for libsec-ril.so blob
  • Added lots of CVE patches to kernel
  • Updated to latest LOS

I may start my own thread now as this has become more than just a couple of builds here and there :).

Hope you like it,
Danny

Wiltoncandido

Sep 6, 2014
Camaragibe
Hi,

I have a new release today which should fix a couple of the major issues from the previous builds:

I tracked down a couple of camera bugs and found some workarounds so now the QR scanner works in snap and hopefully it will fix the other crashes people have seen.

I also found a workaround for the NFC issue, it now works enables properly and doesn't eat battery (doesn't matter whether it is enabled or not when booting).

There are also some power saving additions which have made quite a difference on my phone.

• Camera wrapper added to fix a couple of bugs in the HAL, some random lockups fixed, QR scanner now works (thanks @sekil for the initial wrapper)
  • Switched to the Bioshock CPU governor as this really saves battery (thanks @nr23730)
  • Added updating of backlight brightness during doze to fix issues with dark notifications
  • Updated to latest LOS

I may start my own thread now as this has become more than just a couple of builds here and there :).

Hope you like it,
Danny

This Dany very good create your own topic your corrections are very good congratulations for your work.

sreekmtl

Apr 25, 2018
KERALA
Thanks for providing this wonderful OS

Lineage OS 15.1 based on Android O is a good upgrade for Samsung A3 2016 users from Nougat to Oreo. The OS is fast , simple and powerful. Every features are working fine except networking and battery.
I am feeling problem with dual sim support and the phone only support SIM card that i used during the first boot. To use another SIM, i want to restore the stock OS and re-install the entire firmware. The battery is draining very fast even if the device is idle. I am expecting a new update by fixing these problems.

---------- Post added at 06:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

Thanks to LOW a lot.
I really fallen in love with your ROM.The ROM very nice.
I want to use this for my regular uses.
But I can't use for this reason.
I found 2 bugs
1.Speaker Sound Bug.
2.Battery Draining.
I left 56% charge at night but in the morning it's come back to 42%.
I hope you will fix those bugs in the next build.

my battery drains upto 20 percentage during night time

tys0n

But Exynos 7580 has VoLTE support, and volte works on some custom ROMs
Yes, it does support VoLTE on stock rom in some regions (CSC dependent).
Those custom ROMs where VoLTE works are all based on stock rom, with pre build files and CSC files for VoLTE.
Afaik, there's no exynos based device that has VoLTE on aosp based roms.

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

• Updated to latest LOS

Hope you like it,
    Danny
    thank you ansious to test

Hi,

Here is a new build:
    https://mega.nz/#!nIpgjaAb!xuGztNx6oYuc0KcfFTVzkhMrck0lTtdN--yN2TFVB98

Changes since last:
    • Added latest audio fixes (thanks to stricted)
    • Added exynos OMX blobs from stock to fix codec issue (thanks to stricted)
    • Modified display colour temperature and LCD brightness logic
    • Increased call volume on speaker phone
    • Updated mobicore to latest A310F nougat versions
    • Updated to latest LOS

I haven't noticed any camera FC for a while, just make sure you never click the QR reader in the camera app as that crashes it. One thing I have noticed is that you need to enable NFC before you reboot, that way you can switch it back off once rebooted to save power (if you power off with it disabled it doesn't come back on cleanly).

Someone previously asked about source code, I simply use the Exynos 7580 git sources (from the OP) with custom a3 device/vendor tree and kernel available on my github page: https://github.com/danwood76.

Regards,
    Danny
    is this still active....whats the latest release please

Unfortunately l-0-w and Stricted have stopped developing this project.

I have been running custom builds of their code with a few tweaks for a couple of months now.

The latest build in this thread is unfortunately missing a load of optimisations and fixes.

Here is my latest custom build:
    https://mega.nz/#!acIG3Q4S!Gc8PKPZlPmuURUdL0zcHHFWkYInQGitIthnbMHfZY1k

I'm not 100% sure of the changes since l-0-w's build but I think:
    • Lots of kernel optimisations
    • Interactive governor fixes (improves battery life and performance)
    • Updated WiFi driver
    • Fix headset microphone path
    • Updated NFC blobs
    • Tweaked screen auto brightness levels
    • Lots of LineageOS fixes

Most of these changes were not made by me but by the Exynos7580 group, so thanks go to alexax66, stricted, l-0-w, sekil, etc.

Depending on my usage I can get up to 4 days between charges and all the apps I run are smooth and quick.

Hopefully this build is useful to people.
    Thread cleaned.

If you have personal issues with a member, try to solve it a privately.
    XDA website is not meant for fighting. Please have respect towards your fellow members and stay civil when you post publicly.

Here below a reminder of the forum rules, I ask you to read them carefully.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?a=81

Thanks for your understanding.

Wood Man
    Senior Moderator
    This Dany very good create your own topic your corrections are very good congratulations for your work.

Thanks.

I have created my own project now:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/samsung-a-series/orig-development/lineage-os-15-1-a3-2016-t3813109

Regards,
    Danny