[ROM] Lineage 15.1 for Galaxy A3 2016 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
@danwood76
Please do keep it alive. The VPN bug makes this ROM pretty much useless despite all of the other strengths it has.
I'm not a developer, but I can't help but wonder if the newest security patch might not fix that and VoLTE. It seems to have done that for stock S7 ROMs.

Update: May 5th security patch on lineage-15.1-20180606-UNOFFICIAL-a3xeltexx does not solve the (Orbot) vpn problem. :(

The orbot vpn issue appears to be a bug in the app as it appears to affect quite a few devices running lineageos.
I did have a play with it and there was nothing obvious in the logs it created, one thing I did spot is that it needs the storage permission for the VPN to work (can be enabled in app->permissions). Once enabled it did connect but I couldn't get any internet.

I regularly use OpenVPN on my phone without issue so I think this must be a Tor or Orbot issue, neither of which I can fix.

Reactions: Dono Twanna

senemir

Jan 1, 2015
@danwood76 is there any problem in gaming? My fps is too low on Pubg Mobile with stock rom. If i install your build will i get overheating issue or fps drops? Maybe you are not interested in gaming but i need to know that if it has a overheating issue like other lineage os 14.1 and 15.1 builds.

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
@danwood76 is there any problem in gaming? My fps is too low on Pubg Mobile with stock rom. If i install your build will i get overheating issue or fps drops? Maybe you are not interested in gaming but i need to know that if it has a overheating issue like other lineage os 14.1 and 15.1 builds.

I don't do gaming on my phone but I installed PUBG to have a play anyway.

It seems to run OK, it isn't the smoothest experience but certainly playable. Phone got warm but not hot (I think if you have it plugged in to charge it would get warmer).
Personally I'm not really sure why you would want to play a FPS on a phone but each to their own.

I guess you would need to test it out and report back as your measurement of playability will be very different to mine.

Reactions: senemir

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
This happens sometimes with me, not always but sometimes

There is an audio fix that will be in my next build that should sort a few of the audio/call issues out. It seems to be working quite well for me at the moment.

The 'fix' from basimamata disables the audio noise cancelling which is usually undesired as the person on the other end will hear echos.

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
thank you ansious to test

Hi,

Here is a new build:
https://mega.nz/#!nIpgjaAb!xuGztNx6oYuc0KcfFTVzkhMrck0lTtdN--yN2TFVB98

Changes since last:
  • Added latest audio fixes (thanks to stricted)
  • Added exynos OMX blobs from stock to fix codec issue (thanks to stricted)
  • Modified display colour temperature and LCD brightness logic
  • Increased call volume on speaker phone
  • Updated mobicore to latest A310F nougat versions
  • Updated to latest LOS

I haven't noticed any camera FC for a while, just make sure you never click the QR reader in the camera app as that crashes it. One thing I have noticed is that you need to enable NFC before you reboot, that way you can switch it back off once rebooted to save power (if you power off with it disabled it doesn't come back on cleanly).

Someone previously asked about source code, I simply use the Exynos 7580 git sources (from the OP) with custom a3 device/vendor tree and kernel available on my github page: https://github.com/danwood76.

Regards,
Danny

lawliet80

Nov 10, 2012
Amiens
Hi,

Here is a new build:

Changes since last:
  • Updated to latest LOS

I haven't noticed any camera FC for a while, just make sure you never click the QR reader in the camera app as that crashes it. One thing I have noticed is that you need to enable NFC before you reboot, that way you can switch it back off once rebooted to save power (if you power off with it disabled it doesn't come back on cleanly).

Someone previously asked about source code, I simply use the Exynos 7580 git sources (from the OP) with custom a3 device/vendor tree and kernel available on my github page: https://github.com/danwood76.

Regards,
Danny

Thanks a lot!

I am going to try this out and tell you if something is wrong or not :good:
It's nice to see the a3 is not abandoned. :cowboy:

dd147

Mar 31, 2018
Hi. When you add a contact there is no function "save to SIM card". Only stores contacts in the phone memory. Can you add this function to the firmware? Thanks in advance.

dd147

Mar 31, 2018
Firmware quickly discharges the battery. Is there a solution to this problem?Thanks in advance

danwood76

Recognized Developer
May 23, 2015
@danwood76 i also got the feeling the battery is less effective

This can be caused by the NFC, the NFC HAL is quite buggy (I have tried several fixes to get it more reliable but unfortunately all the exynos based ROMs seem to suffer with the NFC in one way or another).

The main issue on the A310F LOS ROMs is that on startup the NFC is always enabled, even if LineageOS thinks that it isn't.

The way to fix it is to try and switch it on (in the quick tile or settings menu) and wait for 5 seconds or so, if the NFC doesn't show as enabled you then need to reboot the phone.

Once rebooted the NFC should now show as enabled (wait for 10 seconds or so after boot) in the settings and you can disable it again to save power. In the broken state it never goes in to low power mode in sleep/doze so it is always scanning and draining battery. You can avoid this broken state by enabling NFC before you power off or reboot, there might be something I can add to the overlay to force it always on at boot.

One other thing that can zap battery are background WiFi scanning (enabled by google maps but sometimes not switched back off again when you disable location).

I get around 4 days out of one charge on these builds with light usage. I don''t play games I mainly use WhatsApp, calls, and web browsing.

jrafael

Dec 4, 2009
London
Hi,

Here is a new build:

Changes since last:
  • Updated to latest LOS

Danny

Please forgive my ignorance, how is the camera quality and performance of LOS (ie: photos/video) compared to stock TW, (don't care about beauty filters or things like that)

Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I have a new release today which should fix a couple of the major issues from the previous builds:
    https://mega.nz/#!GFxTVYQb!k1R324-8axK5lmorKKV8xFYLjFyEZ1iW195UU4hJcxI

I tracked down a couple of camera bugs and found some workarounds so now the QR scanner works in snap and hopefully it will fix the other crashes people have seen.

I also found a workaround for the NFC issue, it now works enables properly and doesn't eat battery (doesn't matter whether it is enabled or not when booting).

There are also some power saving additions which have made quite a difference on my phone.

Full change list since last release:
    • NFC wrapper added to aid in debugging issues
    • NFC work around added for the startup issue
    • Suppressed NFC logging output (it spews a lot of crap over logcat)
    • Camera wrapper added to fix a couple of bugs in the HAL, some random lockups fixed, QR scanner now works (thanks @sekil for the initial wrapper)
    • Switched to the Bioshock CPU governor as this really saves battery (thanks @nr23730)
    • Updated more mobicore blobs that seemd to have been missed from before
    • Updated some GPS settings in the overlay
    • Added updating of backlight brightness during doze to fix issues with dark notifications
    • Added Sekils audio fix for libsec-ril.so blob
    • Added lots of CVE patches to kernel
    • Updated to latest LOS

I may start my own thread now as this has become more than just a couple of builds here and there :).

Hope you like it,
    Danny
    thank you ansious to test

Hi,

Here is a new build:

Changes since last:
    • Updated to latest LOS

Regards,
    Danny
    is this still active....whats the latest release please

Unfortunately l-0-w and Stricted have stopped developing this project.

I have been running custom builds of their code with a few tweaks for a couple of months now.

The latest build in this thread is unfortunately missing a load of optimisations and fixes.

Here is my latest custom build:
    https://mega.nz/#!acIG3Q4S!Gc8PKPZlPmuURUdL0zcHHFWkYInQGitIthnbMHfZY1k

I'm not 100% sure of the changes since l-0-w's build but I think:
    • Lots of kernel optimisations
    • Interactive governor fixes (improves battery life and performance)
    • Updated WiFi driver
    • Fix headset microphone path
    • Updated NFC blobs
    • Tweaked screen auto brightness levels
    • Lots of LineageOS fixes

Most of these changes were not made by me but by the Exynos7580 group, so thanks go to alexax66, stricted, l-0-w, sekil, etc.

Depending on my usage I can get up to 4 days between charges and all the apps I run are smooth and quick.

Hopefully this build is useful to people.
    Thread cleaned.

If you have personal issues with a member, try to solve it a privately.
    XDA website is not meant for fighting. Please have respect towards your fellow members and stay civil when you post publicly.

Here below a reminder of the forum rules, I ask you to read them carefully.
    https://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?a=81

Thanks for your understanding.

Wood Man
    Senior Moderator
    This Dany very good create your own topic your corrections are very good congratulations for your work.

Thanks.

I have created my own project now:
    https://xdaforums.com/samsung-a-series/orig-development/lineage-os-15-1-a3-2016-t3813109

Regards,
    Danny