[ROM][Lineage 16.0 Unofficial][Pixel 2 XL/Taimen][06-09-19]

calsurferpunk

Oct 6, 2014
Hi all. Since I haven't gotten any word as to when there will be official support, I wanted to go ahead and share a build of Lineage OS 16.0 for our Pixel 2 XL/Taimen. It's a completely stock build. If it's working for enough people, then I'll continue to provide builds until/unless we get official support. If you find an error, please try to post logs via logcat to aid in fixing it (better yet to submit it to the Lineage OS team directly as well).

Steps for First Install:
  1. Flash latest google image
  2. Boot using the latest version of TWRP: https://dl.twrp.me/taimen/twrp-3.2.3-1-taimen.img.html
  3. Wipe cache and data
  4. Flash latest ROM .zip file
  5. Flash the TWRP installer: https://dl.twrp.me/taimen/twrp-pixel2-installer-taimen-3.2.3-1.zip.html
  6. Reboot to recovery
  7. Flash OpenGapps (Android 9.0, ARM 64, probably nano): https://opengapps.org/ or MindTheGapps: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=3700668719832237178
  8. If desired, flash a custom kernel
  9. If desired, flash Magisk
  10. Reboot and hopefully enjoy :)

Steps for Updates:
Follow steps 4- 10 above. You can skip steps 1 - 3 (latest Google image, booting with TWRP .img, wiping) and optionally 7 (flashing Gapps).

Latest ROM, 06-09-19:
Download

Old Releases:
Old Download

I usually like to provide updates every ~2 weeks or month to keep up with security updates and/or anything else important. Thanks for trying and God bless :).

Special thanks to @draymond1987, @RaymanFX, and all the other developers for their continued hard work.

View changelog up to build date

/.repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml is attached

Attachments

Last edited:

calsurferpunk

Oct 6, 2014
Any known bugs?
I had an issue at some point where it would shut off when unplugged, but I don't know if it was just something about how my phone is setup. The other thing I encountered was the setup wizard getting stuck before (but fixed after removing the data transfer tool manually later). I'm hoping to see someone else have it working as I know at some point I was able to boot without issue, other than Magisk possibly not working without flashing another custom kernel. Getting any feedback from logs would helpfully tell me what changed and possibly where to fix it at that point.

Darriousx

Dec 31, 2012
I checked the channelog and noticed a few minor changes that seemed nice. Overall, I just hope Active Edge gets working in future ROMs lol. Though I know it's difficult. Good job on this!

Reactions: calsurferpunk

calsurferpunk

Oct 6, 2014
Can't even get this to boot.
Do you see the lineage OS logo and then blank screen or very shortly after? I've been facing an issue where it looks like com.qualcomm.qti.telephonyservice stops due to not loading a reference properly if I'm not charging. Thanks for letting me know you've had issues.

calsurferpunk

Oct 6, 2014
I could never get past the Lineage logo. Initial boots are usually long, but it would just crap out and reboot to whatever recovery I put in.
Good news all! It looks like the boot issue and modem service failure is fixed. I installed it on my phone and it seems to be stable. Sorry for any/all frustration with the previous build. Hopefully all who have been waiting can use it now:

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603877722

tranna

Dec 22, 2018
Currently using a Pixel 2 XL, can't seem to complete the Android Setup. The app keeps crashing after I connect to WiFi and click continue, does anyone have some advice?

calsurferpunk

Oct 6, 2014
Currently using a Pixel 2 XL, can't seem to complete the Android Setup. The app keeps crashing after I connect to WiFi and click continue, does anyone have some advice?
I think I went to app info and told it to force stop. If it's on the data transfer utility, I just told it to uninstall (as it seemed to be the culprit for me). I think I either reset/restarted or continued with the pixel setup after that. Either way, just getting to the data transfer utility from within setup or on the apps list and uninstalling it was the trick for me.

Reactions: tranna

oodledoodle

Jul 9, 2010
Trying this out today for the first time. WiFi calling isn't working, UK EE. Got google apps nano working but had to force quit the setup a few times. Otherwise its looking really nice, thanks!

Apr 23, 2010
's-Hertogenbosch
On the 2nt or 3rd post is said to tap all for corners of the screen clockwise from top left and it will skip setup, then go into apps and uninstall the data transfer tool. When you do that it will let you move forward with the setup and still let you transfer anyway you want. Hope this helps.

calsurferpunk

Oct 6, 2014
Hi again. Here's the latest build of the sources as of today:
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603892886

Something to note is that when I installed it, I simply went to recovery, flashed the new ROM .zip, then flashed the TWRP installation zip again. After that, I rebooted to recovery and installed Magisk again.

For some reason once I booted, the google play store was missing (even though previously having installed OpenGapps along with the previous ROM version). I went back to recovery, reflashed OpenGapps, and it was back again (along with having to go through setup once again, including removing the data transfer tool). Some of the apps (mostly Google's) wouldn't open correctly until I uninstalled and reinstalled them again). My Google account also wasn't present, so I had to add it back as well.

If you come across that same problem, these steps should work, otherwise you might want to just try a fresh install (wiping the old cache and data while in recovery). For anyone who comes up with an easier solution, could you please be sure to share what you did? Everything is still working fine afterwards, but it was just annoying to have to uninstall and add things back. I didn't use the latest OpenGapps, so that might have just been my problem.

Last edited:

spencecool

Apr 8, 2018
I'm unable to complete the setup, since the setup always crashes after adding a google account. It will ask me if I want to select a backup from the cloud or skip, and any option I pick will crash the setup. As a result, Pixel Launcher will not work (maybe that's another issue entirely?) other than that, rom works.

Apr 23, 2010
's-Hertogenbosch
Was wondering if anyone had had any problems with the now playing? I get a pixel ambient services keeps stopping when I ask the assistant but it will tell me the song name. But now playing seams to not work at all. I did try uninstalling the ambient services and reinstall it with no change.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone