General [ROM] Lineage 20.0

Search This thread

Theripper91

Aug 9, 2016
While looking for ROMs I found this that didn't make it to our page. Here's the link

Lada333

Feb 7, 2016
Budapest
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 4a
How "different" do the codes have to be for 6/6a/6 Pro? I remember that there was a separate thread on xda for OnePlus 3/3T development, because it was possible to write code that "worked" on both devices.
Could there be something like that for the Pixel 6 lineup?

Edit: Well, it mostly seems like the 6a is the odd one out, it's mostly the 6 and the 6 Pro that can use the same code.

Theripper91

Aug 9, 2016
How "different" do the codes have to be for 6/6a/6 Pro? I remember that there was a separate thread on xda for OnePlus 3/3T development, because it was possible to write code that "worked" on both devices.
I'm not sure, I'm still looking into that. It's not my build, just posted it

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota

Edit: Well, it mostly seems like the 6a is the odd one out, it's mostly the 6 and the 6 Pro that can use the same code.
There are obviously different device trees and vendor binaries but most is the same. I build all 3.

Zaxx32

Mar 23, 2019
Morgantown
Moto G5 Plus
Moto G7
Sorry for OT...

Main thing that, well, annoys the crap outta me is that there's more than a few great looking kernel's I'd love to try out but noo...P6/P6P only. So things aren't THAT common between the P6 phones. I'd guess it has something to do with the huge gap between the P6/P6P and the P6a launch dates. Like maybe the P6/P6P are 2 limbs growin' on their own branch and P6a is on a lower (later) branch all alone 😥 Back on my 4a I was on eng_stk's Blu_Spark and luved it...got my 6a and was thrilled when I seen his kernal...then realized it was P6/P6P only. Maybe we'll see more eventually cuz atm there's like 2 or 3 at most...if u know where to look. Ok I done whining now...🥺

Reactions: charly30

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Sorry for OT...

Main thing that, well, annoys the crap outta me is that there's more than a few great looking kernel's I'd love to try out but noo...P6/P6P only. So things aren't THAT common between the P6 phones. I'd guess it has something to do with the huge gap between the P6/P6P and the P6a launch dates. Like maybe the P6/P6P are 2 limbs growin' on their own branch and P6a is on a lower (later) branch all alone 😥 Back on my 4a I was on eng_stk's Blu_Spark and luved it...got my 6a and was thrilled when I seen his kernal...then realized it was P6/P6P only. Maybe we'll see more eventually cuz atm there's like 2 or 3 at most...if u know where to look. Ok I done whining now...🥺
That's a choice the developers are making. The source between them on the kernel side is effectively identical. Same code, different build commands.

• Wow
Reactions: Lada333

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While looking for ROMs I found this that didn't make it to our page. Here's the link

I know very little about coding (or even about what a vendor binary is, for that matter), but how much extra effort is it to make a ROM compatible with all three devices?
    Not much extra effort after the initial bring up.
    Sorry for OT...

I did find out some information on porting roms... Ill give it a shot this weekend and post what I come up with.