[ROM] LineageOMS Android 7.x Nougat [KLTE] [UNOFFICIAL] Substratum Supported!

Search This thread

omgbossis21

Jul 7, 2013
arma
[ROM] LineageOMS Android 7.x Nougat [KLTE] [UNOFFICIAL]

Code:
*** Disclaimer

-- You install these at your own risk!  You are responsible for anything that happens from flashing these files to YOUR phone!  If your 
phone melts into a pile of goo, catches on fire etc. IT IS NOT MY RESPONSIBILTY BUT YOURS!

Introduction
-- These are UNOFFICIAL builds based of Lineage/LineageOMS for klte variants and by NO means is this is all my ROM. 100% credits goes to the entire Lineage Team and the LineageOMS team,all other coders & contributors who contributed to help make these roms as great as they are! This rom fully supports Substratum and Substratum themes!

Installation instructions
* Do not dirty flash (if you do, do not report issues, you cannot dirty flash over an existing lineage build)
* First and most important, ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP!!!
* Reboot to recovery, immediately do a backup!
* Perform a factory reset (wiping data, cache, dalvik cache)(required, no dirty flashing over existing lineage)
* Flash rom
* Flash GAPPS
* Flash root add on (available up top under downloads)
* Reboot system
* Enjoy!
* Please don't expect or ask for nightlies,weeklies etc These builds will come in my free time. If an update brings about an issue i will move to resync as quickly as i can when said issue has been resolved.

Downloads
See 2nd post!

FAQ
What phones will this support?
At the moment these builds should support KLTE,KLTEDUOS,KLTEDV,KLTEKOR,KLTESPR,KLTEUSC & KLTEVZW

Thanks To/Credits
Code:
* And any and all users in this thread who contributed or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible!
* Esa Laukkanen aka elelinux
* Lineage Team & LineageOMS team
* Garwynn XDA
* MrTrip
* Thescorpion420
* DevVorteX
* albinoman887
* ktonsez
* Hagertk

How Do I...?
Code:
How do I report an issue?  Please use this format -
Device :
baseband:
BL:
Build:
Issue:
*  This will make it easy to follow along common issues,which variants and those with updated firmware that dont have the issue one on a older firmware does can attempt to update for resolution.  

What if im not on stock kernel?
*I will not be supporting other kernels so if you report an issue add Kernel: to the issue format.  Im anxious to know if boeffla has an issues with it over stock myself as thats what i run but its not my priority!  
  What do I do , In stuck in a boot loop?
*Under the download section up top is a file for substratum removal.  This should remove the overlays and recover from most boot loops if they were to occur.    
When will you, how long until ?
*  Please dont expect or ask for nightlies,weeklies etc  These builds will come in my free time.  If an update brings about an issue i will move to resync as quickly as i can when said issue has been resolved.
*DO NOT ASK FOR TIME FRAMES!  Please keep in mind us developers have lifes and asking or expecting a timeframe is entirely unreasonable.  It may take a few minutes to flash and setup but it takes enourmous time and effort to build and maintain!
[B][U][SIZE="5"]Donations[/SIZE][/U][/B]
Id love an ad free xda account =-)  It can really eat some resource when xda is open in both windows and a virtual box Ubuntu browser!
[CODE]

[B][U][SIZE="4"][PLAIN]XDA:DevDB Information[/PLAIN][/SIZE][/U][/B]
[SIZE=3][B]LineageOMS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5[/B][/SIZE]

[B][U]Contributors[/U][/B]
[URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=5341181"]omgbossis21[/URL]    
[B]Source Code:[/B] [URL="https://github.com/LineageOMS    "]https://github.com/LineageOMS    [/URL]

[B]ROM OS Version:[/B] 7.x Nougat
[B]Based On:[/B] Lineage,LineageOMS

[B][U]Version Information[/U][/B]
[B]Status:[/B] Alpha

[B]Created[/B] 2017-07-28
[B]Last Updated[/B] 2017-07-28

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170728-015134.jpg
    Screenshot_20170728-015134.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,355
  • Screenshot_20170728-015141.png
    Screenshot_20170728-015141.png
    149.4 KB · Views: 1,345
  • Screenshot_20170728-015219.jpg
    Screenshot_20170728-015219.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 1,343
  • Screenshot_20170728-015224.jpg
    Screenshot_20170728-015224.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1,339
  • Screenshot_20170728-015234.png
    Screenshot_20170728-015234.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,329
  • Screenshot_20170728-015405.png
    Screenshot_20170728-015405.png
    151.3 KB · Views: 1,329

Szarko

Mar 17, 2014
Hi, forgive me if I am missing something.

I am running latest LOS nightly and run substratum with no issues so far, at least that I can tell.

Just want to understand what this is providing, and if I am missing something.

Thank you.

omgbossis21

Jul 7, 2013
arma
Hi, forgive me if I am missing something.

I am running latest LOS nightly and run substratum with no issues so far, at least that I can tell.

Just want to understand what this is providing, and if I am missing something.

Thank you.

While substratum works on lineage your in legacy only mode and many features cant be used or crash. I regularly had to use the substratum removal tool when doing updates on the regular substratum rom then setup my theme again. This provides support for boot animations, sound packs, apply without reboots , fonts, apply & build/update etc. OMS is fully baked into the rom to support each and every feature without issue and without issue while updating.

Szarko

Mar 17, 2014
While substratum works on lineage your in legacy only mode and many features cant be used or crash. I regularly had to use the substratum removal tool when doing updates on the regular substratum rom then setup my theme again. This provides support for boot animations, sound packs, apply without reboots , fonts, apply & build/update etc. OMS is fully baked into the rom to support each and every feature without issue and without issue while updating.

I see, thank you.

I haven't really done much with Substratum besides load my single theme pack that makes things look the way I expect.
So far stability for me has been decent. I usually run an app called 'Twilight' to weak lighting. I notice more crashing when running this combo.

If you are providing these awesome features and the platform to integrate LOS and Substratum correctly, are you planning on opening a PR on LOS repo? Maybe they will merge your good work.

Be well.

omgbossis21

Jul 7, 2013
arma
It all depends on the popularity of the ROM and rather it stays close to stock as possible or ventures far away. If things take off I'll use polls to let users decide. As far as you mentioning no issues I'm assuming you were using the swift dark or swift black (forget name) that everyone else was? That was the only stable one I found. Many other themes I absolutely loved but it was only a matter of time before a bootloop, odd issues or an update leading to a bootloop then setting the theme up all over again. You also couldn't use fonts or boot animations as well as required reboots to apply the themes. I'm back on my backup now to get the last of my data to switch to lineageOMS full time and continue to work on it. I planned to build it for myself but felt others may appreciate it shared. I've already synced back up to do a new build as well as I need to make a few small changes.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: FurFur_

omgbossis21

Jul 7, 2013
arma
Does Wifi calling work with this rom
No but I'm actually trying to find the ROM (I think its Korean variant?) That it does work on. I found one that says volte works so I'm going to try to merge it. If it looks like I can do it you may see bits and pieces of it in future variants. I'm forking sources over now to have a look at their ims manager. I've looked before and seen different carriers use the same imsmanager, I think its going to be more merging and getting the CSC files right. Its not priority though.
For now the ROM is pure vanilla so it does everything lineage official for klte variants do and don't do anything they don't (except full support for substratum).

omgbossis21

Jul 7, 2013
arma
New update posted in download link, all sources synced up and I made a change to make bluetooth file transfer act the way cyanogenmod 13 did. You should now be able to transfer all file types including apk files, or maybe bluetooth is completely broke =-)

Reactions: sunilpaulmathew

j1gga84

Jun 21, 2012
Bremen
www.android-hilfe.de
New update posted in download link, all sources synced up and I made a change to make bluetooth file transfer act the way cyanogenmod 13 did. You should now be able to transfer all file types including apk files, or maybe bluetooth is completely broke =-)

Can you tell me how you do that and is sending of all file types supported again by official LOS?
because currently I use ResurrectionRemix 5.8.3 on my KLTE and Samsung Galaxy Tab S device but there I am not able to send any type of files via BT, allthough it worked in older builds (not all type of files but zip files worked for example).

Many thanks

regards

omgbossis21

Jul 7, 2013
arma
Can you tell me how you do that and is sending of all file types supported again by official LOS?
because currently I use ResurrectionRemix 5.8.3 on my KLTE and Samsung Galaxy Tab S device but there I am not able to send any type of files via BT, allthough it worked in older builds (not all type of files but zip files worked for example).

Many thanks

regards
You should be allowed to send select few files like music on your ROM. I just did a dirty hack to bypass the black filter (not allowed file types). I'm trying to trace back to where we lost the option w the checkbox to send all files but its time consuming and I've only gotten so far. Seems we have the code to support it but lost the GUI part with the option in the 13 to 14 update

omgbossis21

Jul 7, 2013
arma
is klte the only device uploaded at the moment? I thought i'd give it a try on my kltespr
If official lineage support so does mine. Kltespr was merged w klte right? I think my first page says it does. You will need to clean flash but I'm may try to make a migration build for dirty flashers like Me. Boeffla runs fine on it, I'm using it.

eurohunter

Jan 5, 2012
If official lineage support so does mine. Kltespr was merged w klte right? I think my first page says it does. You will need to clean flash but I'm may try to make a migration build for dirty flashers like Me. Boeffla runs fine on it, I'm using it.

That's what confused me. kltespr has not been merged in klte in official LOS. So I was wondering if you merged them all in one. Thanks.

omgbossis21

Jul 7, 2013
arma
That's what confused me. kltespr has not been merged in klte in official LOS. So I was wondering if you merged them all in one. Thanks.
I thought it was? I was building it unofficial before merge it worked fine. I'll look into it and if need be maybe spin a build.

eurohunter

Jan 5, 2012
I thought it was? I was building it unofficial before merge it worked fine. I'll look into it and if need be maybe spin a build.

Thank you. I was looking at your list, and maybe I am not understanding what type of merging you are referring to, but there are separate builds in the official LOS website for klte, kltespr, klteduos, kltekor, and kltedv. The ones that have been merged into klte from your list are klteusc and kltevzw. And, using my G900P (sprint variant) as an example, as far as I know, I am not supposed to flash a build other than kltespr. This is a list of the devices that continue to have their own separate builds (latest 08/02):
kltespr: https://download.lineageos.org/kltespr
kltekor: https://download.lineageos.org/kltekor
klteduos: https://download.lineageos.org/klteduos
kltedv: https://download.lineageos.org/kltedv

omgbossis21

Jul 7, 2013
arma
I'll see what I can do tonight about spinng you a build. I was building for kltespr,kltedv,kltevz and another before lineage was official. Pretty sure I can get one going for you sprint guys but I don't know they move CDMA to klte and leave out sprint . locked BL?

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
Good work @omgbossis21. Though I'm not a big fan of substratum and themes, it will be nice to see more options for kltexxx devices. As @eurohunter said, I think most of the klte variants need separate builds except kltevzw and klteusc (those are already merged with klte). I don't know exactly about kltespr, klteduos, kltedv etc, but I'm fully sure that the klte build will not boot (instead, directly go to download mode) on my kltekor (due to significantly different device tree as well as a slightly different kernel) unless the users will flash a compatible kltekor stock/custom kernel on the top of the klte ROM. You may probably clarify those things in the op.
Code:
At the moment these builds should support KLTE,KLTEDUOS,KLTEDV,KLTEKOR,KLTESPR,KLTEUSC & KLTEVZW
Btw, It will be really great, if you add some simple but useful apps (like OmniSwitch, OmniJaws etc.) to the ROM. You can easily find the sources from RR/crDroid github repos. And if possible, may be pixel like blue accent color. Such simple changes make this ROM really unique. These are just my suggestions. Of-course, all these things are up to your choice and decision. Thanks a lot, anyway, and keep up the good work...

omgbossis21

Jul 7, 2013
arma
Good work @omgbossis21. Though I'm not a big fan of substratum and themes, it will be nice to see more options for kltexxx devices. As @eurohunter said, I think most of the klte variants need separate builds except kltevzw and klteusc (those are already merged with klte). I don't know exactly about kltespr, klteduos, kltedv etc, but I'm fully sure that the klte build will not boot (instead, directly go to download mode) on my kltekor (due to significantly different device tree as well as a slightly different kernel) unless the users will flash a compatible kltekor stock/custom kernel on the top of the klte ROM. You may probably clarify those things in the op.
Code:
Btw, It will be really great, if you add some simple but useful apps (like OmniSwitch, OmniJaws etc.) to the ROM. You can easily find the sources from RR/crDroid github repos. And if possible, may be pixel like blue accent color. Such simple changes make this ROM really unique. These are just my suggestions. Of-course, all these things are up to your choice and decision. Thanks a lot, anyway, and keep up the good work...
Thanks I appreciate that. I originally made it for my wife and as we like the themes but unless you stratmy far from lineage or use what little theme support it has, you can't do much. I considered changing colors but I think its best to leave it up to selected themed especially since you can mix and match them. As far as app I have some plans for that up my sleeve. My isp is still down after getting home from work so I'll have to build a kltesor ROM tomorrow. I'll do one for any other build requested as well, otherwise other variants come in my free time. I'm still curious if my bluetook hack fix worked, may need to update my phone to find out! I'm also all for boeffla kernel and viper audio so as things pick up more and more I'll let users vote via polls. A few cherrypicks on the other ROMs isn't a bad idea either!

Reactions: sunilpaulmathew

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] LineageOMS Android 7.x Nougat [KLTE] [UNOFFICIAL]

Code:
    *** Disclaimer

-- You install these at your own risk!  You are responsible for anything that happens from flashing these files to YOUR phone!  If your 
    phone melts into a pile of goo, catches on fire etc. IT IS NOT MY RESPONSIBILTY BUT YOURS!

Introduction
    -- These are UNOFFICIAL builds based of Lineage/LineageOMS for klte variants and by NO means is this is all my ROM. 100% credits goes to the entire Lineage Team and the LineageOMS team,all other coders & contributors who contributed to help make these roms as great as they are! This rom fully supports Substratum and Substratum themes!

Installation instructions
    * Do not dirty flash (if you do, do not report issues, you cannot dirty flash over an existing lineage build)
    * First and most important, ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP!!!
    * Reboot to recovery, immediately do a backup!
    * Perform a factory reset (wiping data, cache, dalvik cache)(required, no dirty flashing over existing lineage)
    * Flash rom
    * Flash GAPPS
    * Flash root add on (available up top under downloads)
    * Reboot system
    * Enjoy!
    * Please don't expect or ask for nightlies,weeklies etc These builds will come in my free time. If an update brings about an issue i will move to resync as quickly as i can when said issue has been resolved.

Downloads
    See 2nd post!

FAQ

Thanks To/Credits
    Code:
    * And any and all users in this thread who contributed or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible!
    * Esa Laukkanen aka elelinux
    * Lineage Team & LineageOMS team
    * Garwynn XDA
    * MrTrip
    * Thescorpion420
    * DevVorteX
    * albinoman887
    * ktonsez
    * Hagertk

How Do I...?
    Code:
    How do I report an issue?  Please use this format -
    Device :
    baseband:
    BL:
    Build:
    Issue:
    *  This will make it easy to follow along common issues,which variants and those with updated firmware that dont have the issue one on a older firmware does can attempt to update for resolution.  

What if im not on stock kernel?
    *I will not be supporting other kernels so if you report an issue add Kernel: to the issue format.  Im anxious to know if boeffla has an issues with it over stock myself as thats what i run but its not my priority!  
      What do I do , In stuck in a boot loop?
    *Under the download section up top is a file for substratum removal.  This should remove the overlays and recover from most boot loops if they were to occur.    
    When will you, how long until ?
    *  Please dont expect or ask for nightlies,weeklies etc  These builds will come in my free time.  If an update brings about an issue i will move to resync as quickly as i can when said issue has been resolved.
    *DO NOT ASK FOR TIME FRAMES!  Please keep in mind us developers have lifes and asking or expecting a timeframe is entirely unreasonable.  It may take a few minutes to flash and setup but it takes enourmous time and effort to build and maintain!
    [B][U][SIZE="5"]Donations[/SIZE][/U][/B]
    Id love an ad free xda account =-)  It can really eat some resource when xda is open in both windows and a virtual box Ubuntu browser!
    [CODE]

[B][U][SIZE="4"][PLAIN]XDA:DevDB Information[/PLAIN][/SIZE][/U][/B]
    [SIZE=3][B]LineageOMS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5[/B][/SIZE]

[B][U]Contributors[/U][/B]
    [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=5341181"]omgbossis21[/URL]    
    [B]Source Code:[/B] [URL="https://github.com/LineageOMS    "]https://github.com/LineageOMS    [/URL]

[B]ROM OS Version:[/B] 7.x Nougat
    [B]Based On:[/B] Lineage,LineageOMS

[B][U]Version Information[/U][/B]
    [B]Status:[/B] Alpha

[B]Created[/B] 2017-07-28
    [B]Last Updated[/B] 2017-07-28
    Sorry guys things have been very busy at work and around every corner of my virtual box awaits corrupt files. I opted for a fresh box setup today and left things syncing while I was gone. I did lose the constants file and Bluetooth I was working on but I have the latest version I did on my phone and suspect the transfer will work though I haven't tested yet. I'll pull my apk tonight after I pull my blobs, make a fresh build and host it for testing. Guess the timing wasn't all bad with the kernel rebase having needed time to work out the kinks. This project is far from dead though!

Bump for an upcoming lineageOMS 15.1 on the way! Pure vanilla with oms baked in!
    Edit -
    Uploaded it just haven't had a chance to test it. If all goes well I can keep up with it and post builds from time to time and edit the first post. Some substratum features do require root!
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=261226

Code:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone