[ROM] LineageOMS Android 7.x Nougat [KLTE] [UNOFFICIAL] Substratum Supported!

Search This thread

j1gga84

Jun 21, 2012
Bremen
www.android-hilfe.de
You should be allowed to send select few files like music on your ROM. I just did a dirty hack to bypass the black filter (not allowed file types). I'm trying to trace back to where we lost the option w the checkbox to send all files but its time consuming and I've only gotten so far. Seems we have the code to support it but lost the GUI part with the option in the 13 to 14 update

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Thanks for information.

Could you explain how you did the dirty hack? Maybe I can forward this to the developer for the unofficial ResurrectionRemix that he can probably implement this in that ROM, that would be great.
And if you have the code maybe this could be forwarded to jira that it will be re-implemented in LOS 14.1
Are you able to send zip or apk files with that hack? Or let me ask different, are there files that you cannot send?

Regards

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

omgbossis21

Jul 7, 2013
arma
I am spinning a kltespr build right now so if all goes well I'll have it up today for testing.

The dirty hack is not tested or at least not reported by any users yet, heres a link to my blue tooth system app folder try and replace your bluetooth.apk with mine, reboot and see if you can send all file types. Rename your original bluetooth.apk to bluetooth.apk.bak or similar so you can switch right back in case i broke blue tooth or something. If it doesn't with with the apk try adding the lib file in from the lib directory but just try the apk alone first. Its a very lousy work around and would never get merged into official but im working on doing it the right way. If you have a cm13 build and can screen shot the area it ask if you want to send all types of files that would help, im not sure what menu it was under so i i don't know where to look graphically. All it seems were missing the question and checkbox graphic. This hack *should* just bypass the white and blacklist checks for file transfer types in bluetooth.
edit forgot link :
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545587036
make sure you back your files up before changing in case it breaks something, it shouldn't but just in case.
Thanks for information.

Could you explain how you did the dirty hack? Maybe I can forward this to the developer for the unofficial ResurrectionRemix that he can probably implement this in that ROM, that would be great.
And if you have the code maybe this could be forwarded to jira that it will be re-implemented in LOS 14.1
Are you able to send zip or apk files with that hack? Or let me ask different, are there files that you cannot send?

Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: j1gga84

j1gga84

Jun 21, 2012
Bremen
www.android-hilfe.de
@omgbossis21

Many thanks, I will try that out and report back. I appreciate your work very much.
I can also send you a screenshot of the BT setting where it was possible to choose "send all type of files".
I downloaded the Bluetooth folder but there are 2 Bluetooth folders packed with the same files inside, only different date, also 2 lib folders in each Bluetooth folder, which is the correct one?

Regards

omgbossis21

Jul 7, 2013
arma
@omgbossis21

Many thanks, I will try that out and report back. I appreciate your work very much.
I can also send you a screenshot of the BT setting where it was possible to choose "send all type of files".
I downloaded the Bluetooth folder but there are 2 Bluetooth folders packed with the same files inside, only different date, also 2 lib folders in each Bluetooth folder, which is the correct one?

Regards

Oh crap I uploaded off my phone yesterday before I remembered I hadn't flashed that build. One should have a newer date w the lib file actually in the lib folder, its that one. The wrong one I uploaded I believe has both files in the Bluetooth folder.

The sprint build broke so I looked at the device tree it says abandoned target unified device. I knoew at one time it was merged in but wasn't sure when or what happened. When I have time ill modify the files as for some reason it didn't merge those abandon tags on its own.

j1gga84

Jun 21, 2012
Bremen
www.android-hilfe.de
Oh crap I uploaded off my phone yesterday before I remembered I hadn't flashed that build. One should have a newer date w the lib file actually in the lib folder, its that one. The wrong one I uploaded I believe has both files in the Bluetooth folder.

The sprint build broke so I looked at the device tree it says abandoned target unified device. I knoew at one time it was merged in but wasn't sure when or what happened. When I have time ill modify the files as for some reason it didn't merge those abandon tags on its own.

many thanks,
I saw in the CM13 thread that a user has sent you a screenshot with the "sent all file types" setting in CM13.
I hope that it is possible to implement this in the bluetooth.apk under LOS 14.1 and it would be perfect, when everything works, to make a zip that we can flash in recovery, I think that would be much easier to copy and paste files and set the correct rights.
concerning your bluetooth folder, everything is correct now, I downloaded it on my PC and here I only have one folder in the archive but the lib file "libbluetooth_jni.so" is missing/ has 0kb, maybe you could check that because the original lib file has around 130kb ;)

Regards

Reactions: omgbossis21

omgbossis21

Jul 7, 2013
arma
many thanks,
I saw in the CM13 thread that a user has sent you a screenshot with the "sent all file types" setting in CM13.
I hope that it is possible to implement this in the bluetooth.apk under LOS 14.1 and it would be perfect, when everything works, to make a zip that we can flash in recovery, I think that would be much easier to copy and paste files and set the correct rights.
concerning your bluetooth folder, everything is correct now, I downloaded it on my PC and here I only have one folder in the archive but the lib file "libbluetooth_jni.so" is missing/ has 0kb, maybe you could check that because the original lib file has around 130kb ;)

Regards
The big question is can you send all file types? Yea the picture he sent me tells me where to look in source if I have to go back to cm12 to find it. The lib really shouldn't matter but I can flash my update on my phone and send it in case all file types aren't working. In the end I want this donrme right and added to official, none of this hack crap. This is all just to test though for now, thanks a lot BTW!

j1gga84

Jun 21, 2012
Bremen
www.android-hilfe.de
Okay I will check it hopefully today evening when I am at home.
I will change the original bluetooth.apk with the one from your archive and try to send file types to my tablet that are currently not working, such as .jpg, .zip or .apk files and I will report back. If that does not work you can send me the lib file additionally but I guess you only changed something in the apk, not the lib.

regards

omgbossis21

Jul 7, 2013
arma
Yea it was in the apk file bypassing the blacklist but I'm looking for a real fix now. Too bad i need to sleep lol

omgbossis21

Jul 7, 2013
arma
Uploading latest version now, blue tooth hack is reversed with a proper fix that should work. Once we know it works I'll pull it and push it the lineage team and let them review it to incorporate it into official. I've been running my own build now since I put it up and Substratum is incredibly stable, even live build and enabling/updating while switching between themes. Mixing bits and pieces of themes works well, boot animations take with no issues and fonts as well. I'm really trying to get a build up for the sprint guys but the build keeps crashing. I fixed the first error when it crashed but now it crashes when it gets to the kernel so I'll need more time.

Reactions: eurohunter

j1gga84

Jun 21, 2012
Bremen
www.android-hilfe.de
Uploading latest version now, blue tooth hack is reversed with a proper fix that should work. Once we know it works I'll pull it and push it the lineage team and let them review it to incorporate it into official. I've been running my own build now since I put it up and Substratum is incredibly stable, even live build and enabling/updating while switching between themes. Mixing bits and pieces of themes works well, boot animations take with no issues and fonts as well. I'm really trying to get a build up for the sprint guys but the build keeps crashing. I fixed the first error when it crashed but now it crashes when it gets to the kernel so I'll need more time.
Can I test that proper fix also on my unofficial ResurrectionRemix? That would be very cool.
When it is working is it also possible to bring the setting "accept all file types" back?

Regards

omgbossis21

Jul 7, 2013
arma
Can I test that proper fix also on my unofficial ResurrectionRemix? That would be very cool.
When it is working is it also possible to bring the setting "accept all file types" back?

Regards

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rbmggk2fo6s3bp3/AADQ8gHcU762N7T5mwf2Txvja?dl=0

I don't plan too bring back the GUI aspect of the setting but this should allow for the majority of common files to be shared. I'd like to work on putting some more features in the ROM when time allows.

j1gga84

Jun 21, 2012
Bremen
www.android-hilfe.de
@omgbossis21

Unfortunately it does not work for me.. :(
I replaced Bluetooth.apk (the original one has over 6MB filesize, yours has 3MB), set the correct rights, rebooted but after I did that I am still not able to send apk and zip files for example..
The strange thing is that sending of zip files worked in older builds of LineageOS.. Sending apk files was able in CM13.

Regards

omgbossis21

Jul 7, 2013
arma
@omgbossis21

Unfortunately it does not work for me.. :(
I replaced Bluetooth.apk (the original one has over 6MB filesize, yours has 3MB), set the correct rights, rebooted but after I did that I am still not able to send apk and zip files for example..
The strange thing is that sending of zip files worked in older builds of LineageOS.. Sending apk files was able in CM13.

Regards

Alright well I updated my phone to the newest build and will try sending some files to my wife's phone later today. It should send zip files definitely, did you happen to test the hacked version?

omgbossis21

Jul 7, 2013
arma
I don't think I have the hacked one anymore. If it works later on my phone it could be a matter of clearing your Bluetooth app cache/data,dalvik,network settings etc. If it doesn't work then I may go go back to hacked up way, I'd like to be able to send file types when I need too.

j1gga84

Jun 21, 2012
Bremen
www.android-hilfe.de
This is the error I got when trying to send files, I don't know if that helps..
2d6194cf5518025832f80c5085f2daf5.jpg

omgbossis21

Jul 7, 2013
arma
Didn't work on mine either and I tried specific file types I added. I matched the send and receive white list which originally only receive has several file types and send has two. I suppose I'll look into how it reads said files and see if the loss is there as it says unknown file type. I'll follow what sends that error. I'd like to get this working and move on!

omgbossis21

Jul 7, 2013
arma
SMS Not working on my G900M
Can receive but not send!
Thank you
Which carrier is that?

I spent a lot of time last night on the Bluetooth issue digging through source code to get a better idea what's going on. I need to review some old source from cm13 to verify but in the meantime I've resorted back to a dirty hack. Provided the dirty hack works (and I believe it will) will help me out meanwhile if at all possible a logcat from original rom of a file or two failing and one passing would be great. The error we seen from my modified apk im curious if we see in a stock ROM log doing the same thing.
Before sending a file it does two things -
1. Checks file type to see if its on the white (OK) or black (no go) list.
2. Checks to see if sending all Bluetooth file types is enabled in cyanogenmod settings

Number 2 seems irrelevant and to be looking for the setting that came from the GUI option we no longer have. Hence needing to review older code since I've not found it in the newer code.

For now I disabled the second check and changed the pre reject settings from true to false when it would normally deny a file type. I also seen I listed 2 file types in the whitelist and corrected that. I really should of disabled the second check, fixes my whitelist and built it but I wanted it to work definitely. Now I'll reenable the pre rejects leaving the second check on for the next build (while hopefully having a good, dirty config to go back too).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] LineageOMS Android 7.x Nougat [KLTE] [UNOFFICIAL]

Code:
    *** Disclaimer

-- You install these at your own risk!  You are responsible for anything that happens from flashing these files to YOUR phone!  If your 
    phone melts into a pile of goo, catches on fire etc. IT IS NOT MY RESPONSIBILTY BUT YOURS!

Introduction
    -- These are UNOFFICIAL builds based of Lineage/LineageOMS for klte variants and by NO means is this is all my ROM. 100% credits goes to the entire Lineage Team and the LineageOMS team,all other coders & contributors who contributed to help make these roms as great as they are! This rom fully supports Substratum and Substratum themes!

Installation instructions
    * Do not dirty flash (if you do, do not report issues, you cannot dirty flash over an existing lineage build)
    * First and most important, ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP!!!
    * Reboot to recovery, immediately do a backup!
    * Perform a factory reset (wiping data, cache, dalvik cache)(required, no dirty flashing over existing lineage)
    * Flash rom
    * Flash GAPPS
    * Flash root add on (available up top under downloads)
    * Reboot system
    * Enjoy!
    * Please don't expect or ask for nightlies,weeklies etc These builds will come in my free time. If an update brings about an issue i will move to resync as quickly as i can when said issue has been resolved.

Downloads
    See 2nd post!

FAQ
    What phones will this support?
    At the moment these builds should support KLTE,KLTEDUOS,KLTEDV,KLTEKOR,KLTESPR,KLTEUSC & KLTEVZW

Thanks To/Credits
    Code:
    * And any and all users in this thread who contributed or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible!
    * Esa Laukkanen aka elelinux
    * Lineage Team & LineageOMS team
    * Garwynn XDA
    * MrTrip
    * Thescorpion420
    * DevVorteX
    * albinoman887
    * ktonsez
    * Hagertk

How Do I...?
    Code:
    How do I report an issue?  Please use this format -
    Device :
    baseband:
    BL:
    Build:
    Issue:
    *  This will make it easy to follow along common issues,which variants and those with updated firmware that dont have the issue one on a older firmware does can attempt to update for resolution.  

What if im not on stock kernel?
    *I will not be supporting other kernels so if you report an issue add Kernel: to the issue format.  Im anxious to know if boeffla has an issues with it over stock myself as thats what i run but its not my priority!  
      What do I do , In stuck in a boot loop?
    *Under the download section up top is a file for substratum removal.  This should remove the overlays and recover from most boot loops if they were to occur.    
    When will you, how long until ?
    *  Please dont expect or ask for nightlies,weeklies etc  These builds will come in my free time.  If an update brings about an issue i will move to resync as quickly as i can when said issue has been resolved.
    *DO NOT ASK FOR TIME FRAMES!  Please keep in mind us developers have lifes and asking or expecting a timeframe is entirely unreasonable.  It may take a few minutes to flash and setup but it takes enourmous time and effort to build and maintain!
    [B][U][SIZE="5"]Donations[/SIZE][/U][/B]
    Id love an ad free xda account =-)  It can really eat some resource when xda is open in both windows and a virtual box Ubuntu browser!
    [CODE]

[B][U][SIZE="4"][PLAIN]XDA:DevDB Information[/PLAIN][/SIZE][/U][/B]
    [SIZE=3][B]LineageOMS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5[/B][/SIZE]

[B][U]Contributors[/U][/B]
    [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=5341181"]omgbossis21[/URL]    
    [B]Source Code:[/B] [URL="https://github.com/LineageOMS    "]https://github.com/LineageOMS    [/URL]

[B]ROM OS Version:[/B] 7.x Nougat
    [B]Based On:[/B] Lineage,LineageOMS

[B][U]Version Information[/U][/B]
    [B]Status:[/B] Alpha

[B]Created[/B] 2017-07-28
    [B]Last Updated[/B] 2017-07-28
    Sorry guys things have been very busy at work and around every corner of my virtual box awaits corrupt files. I opted for a fresh box setup today and left things syncing while I was gone. I did lose the constants file and Bluetooth I was working on but I have the latest version I did on my phone and suspect the transfer will work though I haven't tested yet. I'll pull my apk tonight after I pull my blobs, make a fresh build and host it for testing. Guess the timing wasn't all bad with the kernel rebase having needed time to work out the kinks. This project is far from dead though!

Bump for an upcoming lineageOMS 15.1 on the way! Pure vanilla with oms baked in!
    Edit -
    Uploaded it just haven't had a chance to test it. If all goes well I can keep up with it and post builds from time to time and edit the first post. Some substratum features do require root!
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=261226

Good work @omgbossis21. Though I'm not a big fan of substratum and themes, it will be nice to see more options for kltexxx devices. As @eurohunter said, I think most of the klte variants need separate builds except kltevzw and klteusc (those are already merged with klte). I don't know exactly about kltespr, klteduos, kltedv etc, but I'm fully sure that the klte build will not boot (instead, directly go to download mode) on my kltekor (due to significantly different device tree as well as a slightly different kernel) unless the users will flash a compatible kltekor stock/custom kernel on the top of the klte ROM. You may probably clarify those things in the op.
    Code:
    What phones will this support?
    At the moment these builds should support KLTE,KLTEDUOS,KLTEDV,KLTEKOR,KLTESPR,KLTEUSC & KLTEVZW
    Btw, It will be really great, if you add some simple but useful apps (like OmniSwitch, OmniJaws etc.) to the ROM. You can easily find the sources from RR/crDroid github repos. And if possible, may be pixel like blue accent color. Such simple changes make this ROM really unique. These are just my suggestions. Of-course, all these things are up to your choice and decision. Thanks a lot, anyway, and keep up the good work...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone