[ROM] LineageOS 13 for Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) [SM-J320FN] [UNOFFICIAL]

You think it's better to set

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

RongYao

Dec 25, 2013
Is anyone else have an issue with proximity sensor and calls?
Question to the devs, @faltisal how i can disable or calibrate the proximity sensor?
J320F DUOS, i am using this cm13.1, not the pixelboot's build

Every time i am in a call and flip the phone in landscape, volume keys top, my screen keeps turning off when i get my hand close to the notification area or if i move two fingers close to the screen, its very annoying, because when i minimize the call and want to check something, that becomes impossible.
Theres no option to keep the screen awake during calls, which would fix the issue, so how to keep the screen awake during calls or calibrate the proximity sensor or disable it?

FrostOnXDA

May 17, 2016
Is anyone else have an issue with proximity sensor and calls?
Question to the devs, @faltisal how i can disable or calibrate the proximity sensor?
J320F DUOS, i am using this cm13.1, not the pixelboot's build
Every time i am in a call and flip the phone in landscape, volume keys top, my screen keeps turning off when i get my hand close to the notification area or if i move two fingers close to the screen, its very annoying, because when i minimize the call and want to check something, that becomes impossible.
Theres no option to keep the screen awake during calls, which would fix the issue, so how to keep the screen awake during calls or calibrate the proximity sensor or disable it?

While in call wake up the screen and press home button and u can do other things.

RongYao

Dec 25, 2013
Is the call on speaker ? If it is and the proximity sensor still working it might be a bug for sure.

Yep it gets stuck while i turn the loudspeaker, then if i close the call without turning off the loudspeaker it keeps on occurring even when i am not on loudspeaker until i restart the phone.
Just open hangouts, call someone, turn loudspeaker on, flip the phone in landscape with volume keys to face top, then try to move hand in front the screen, even if the application is minimized it still turns off.

RongYao

Dec 25, 2013
Update with possible fix, j320F duos, checked the prox_cal values and they were 0,12,8 or something alike that, then i've reset the sensor with proximityfix,
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vrognaas.proximityfix
after which i checked the sensor again,
cat /sys/class/sensors/proximity_sensor/prox_cal
and returned values 9,10,7, now it works fine.

NOTE: Rom dev, can you please check the proximity sensor issue and see if you can reproduce the issue and give us a possible fix in the next rom update?

faltisal

Jun 13, 2017
Update with possible fix, j320F duos, checked the prox_cal values and they were 0,12,8 or something alike that, then i've reset the sensor with proximityfix,
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vrognaas.proximityfix
after which i checked the sensor again,
cat /sys/class/sensors/proximity_sensor/prox_cal
and returned values 9,10,7, now it works fine.

NOTE: Rom dev, can you please check the proximity sensor issue and see if you can reproduce the issue and give us a possible fix in the next rom update?

I am working on it. ;)

RongYao

Dec 25, 2013
@faltisal does this version gets ota updates too?
Also not sure if the proximity sensor issue will be fixed but another issue to report is...
go to apps, click on an app you've installed and you see clear data, clear cache, when you rotate the phone in landscape, button changes from clear cache to change storage.

revdickvenn

Mar 13, 2018
J320FN up to Marshmallow - works a treat!

Thank you so much for this. Our J320FN (2016) has now been flashed with LineageOS 13.0 and Gapps stock.
The SD card has been made part of the internal storage and it all works beautifully. All the old apps came down from the old dead phone via Google's magic and there is loads of space for all the apps we need.

Thank you so much. :):D

How to use all benefits of LineageOS 13 with F2FS file system support

What you need?

-You need to download today's build and recovery with f2fs support you can find all necessary information on page 112. Official LineageOS thread post by djeman.

How to flash?

-After downloading twrp recovery from djeman link you need to flash it via Odin on same way like you flashed current TWRP recovery.

Before changing file system:

-Move today's build to sdcard(important) and opengapps pico 6.0 ARM package to sdcard(optional, if you want to have Google Play Store).

Formatting from ext4 to F2FS (Friendly To Flash File System)

-With next step you lose all your data stored on phone.
Go to wipe and tap on Advanced Wipe, select all except SD Card and USB OTG and Swipe to wipe.
After wipe completed, return back to Advanced Wipe and select(check) Data and Internal Storage and tap on Fix Repair or change file system, now tap on Change File System and tap on F2FS and swipe to change file system.
Yay, you successfully changed file system to F2FS.

Flashing LineageOS 13 build with F2FS support

-Return to TWRP home and select install, tap on select storage select MicroSD Card locate zip file of LineageOS 13(5th August 2017. Build) swipe to install.

*OPTIONAL
You can flash opengapps package.

To keep F2FS File System

-Now go to TWRP Home-> Settings and check Use rm instead -rf it's VERY IMPORTANT BECAUSE WHEN SELECT THIS TWRP KEEP F2FS PARTITION, AND don't change to ext4 when you Restoring backup(but not to possible to run older builds because they don't have f2fs file system support).

I hope that's I help with this short guide and its is easy for beginners and all others who hates to read long long guides :D

mattzx1337

Nov 20, 2015
hello
i have j320f model, and i see in the first post there is a boot.img for j320f. what i need to do with this file so i can properly install it?

Syping

Sep 20, 2016
hello
i have j320f model, and i see in the first post there is a boot.img for j320f. what i need to do with this file so i can properly install it?

You don't have to use this file, the normal ROM works fine without issue on the J320F. The OP put "test" in that name so it's probably a test image so stay with the normal ROM only.

Last edited:

georg447

Mar 28, 2018
Hi,

I'm using LineageOS 13.0 (without gapps) on a SM-J320FN and everything's working well except my calendars which I can't seem sync. I'm using Davdroid as a backend and Etar as a calendar app.

My contacts and tasks are being synced without an issue using Davdroid but somehow it doesn't work with calendars at all. I've got nothing and I've got no calendar at all to select on Etar (the Agendas/Calendars to sync list is empty).

I've checked the permissions and allowed everything but it still doesn't work. Am I the only one in this case? Is it an issue with the release or did I miss something obvious?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

mire777

Jan 21, 2015
I start using this rom 5 days ago.. flashed pico gapps.. cant find bugs so far. Battery last long.. ram usage is low , 900mb free , compared with other roms this is grate.. storage is larger, scroling is smooth... Probably i will stick to this...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FNEqGNs6rv5B0hFKzbB7Z_gXjqkY%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%252FCyanogenMod%252FLineageOS.png

Lineage OS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*  
    * Your warranty is... still valid?  
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,  
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please  
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM  
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if  
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.  
    */

Introduction
    Lineage OS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for Lineage OS is available in the Lineage OS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to Lineage OS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Installation instructions

1. Download ROM and Optional: GApps.
    2. Copy ROM and Optional: GApps to internal storage.
    3. Optional: Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional but highly recommended).
    4. Wipe /data, /system and /cache.
    5. Flash ROM and Optional: GApps.
    Note: First boot can take some time. They may even loop a few times...

Screenshots

Known issues

• Nothing...

Download

Sources

Thanks To/Credits

@djeman (main dev)
    @faltisal (dev, thread manager)
    @Aditya Kr (he helped in dev)
    @Diamond26 (tester)
    @DanZeFan (tester)
    @remilia15 (work on sprd soc)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] LineageOS 13 for Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) [SM-J320FN] [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)

Contributors
    faltisal, djeman
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1
    Beta Release Date: 2017-07-18

Created 2017-06-15
    Last Updated 2018-02-08
    How to use all benefits of LineageOS 13 with F2FS file system support

What you need?

-You need to download today's build and recovery with f2fs support you can find all necessary information on page 112. Official LineageOS thread post by djeman.

How to flash?

-After downloading twrp recovery from djeman link you need to flash it via Odin on same way like you flashed current TWRP recovery.

Before changing file system:

-Move today's build to sdcard(important) and opengapps pico 6.0 ARM package to sdcard(optional, if you want to have Google Play Store).

Formatting from ext4 to F2FS (Friendly To Flash File System)

-With next step you lose all your data stored on phone.
    Go to wipe and tap on Advanced Wipe, select all except SD Card and USB OTG and Swipe to wipe.
    After wipe completed, return back to Advanced Wipe and select(check) Data and Internal Storage and tap on Fix Repair or change file system, now tap on Change File System and tap on F2FS and swipe to change file system.
    Yay, you successfully changed file system to F2FS.

Flashing LineageOS 13 build with F2FS support

-Return to TWRP home and select install, tap on select storage select MicroSD Card locate zip file of LineageOS 13(5th August 2017. Build) swipe to install.

*OPTIONAL
    You can flash opengapps package.

To keep F2FS File System

-Now go to TWRP Home-> Settings and check Use rm instead -rf it's VERY IMPORTANT BECAUSE WHEN SELECT THIS TWRP KEEP F2FS PARTITION, AND don't change to ext4 when you Restoring backup(but not to possible to run older builds because they don't have f2fs file system support).

I hope that's I help with this short guide and its is easy for beginners and all others who hates to read long long guides :D
    I have a little new, today the cm14.1 have booted on our j3 for the first time :)

It's a pre alpha version, nothing works but it boots.

@D@nijel :D
    I have a new alpha build to share :
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B35NGYJEHn3cc0JKX3ZENWh3MFk

This time there are a real progress, the worst problem is fixed !!! :D
    Maybe now it's stable with a working ril. I think it's ok but need more tests.