[ROM]LineageOS 14.1 adapted from GT-N8000 (2012) for GT-N8020 (2013)

Search This thread

carlosmessala

Feb 19, 2013
First of all, I'm not the responsable for none of this great development work and I'll try to link every step to the source where I found each one and credit it to the right person.

I thought was important to post it here because, thanks to the Samsung, the Galaxy Note 10.1 have too many different device specs under the same product name and the internet is crowded with wrong tutorials or misleads.

If I said something wrong in this post, feel free to correct me or delete it if necessary.

The user Skyjumper at android-hilfe.de forum shared his experience testing an unofficial version of LineageOS 14.1 for GT-N8000 (2012) in GT-N8020 (2013). He also linked two XDA permalinks for comments with links to [1] TWRP 3.0.2 (by Aramir_, at here) and [2] LineageOS 14.1 unofficial (by lirokoa, at here). Then you have just to download the openGAPPS (I would suggest pico version), the Odin3 and the LineageOS add-on for SU (optional for who want SU access).

DOWNLOAD FILES
I uploaded every file for this tutorial to Google Drive because most of the websites have low speed traffic control, but feel free to download from where you want.
  1. Odin3 v3.13.1 [xda] [gdrive]
  2. Samsung Stock Rom [gdrive]
  3. TWRP 3.0.2 [xda] [gdrive]
  4. LineageOS 14.1 Unofficial [xda] [gdrive] - copy this file to your SDcard to be accessed by TWRP
  5. LineageOS Add-on for Super User [lineageos] [gdrive] - copy this file to your SDcard to be accessed by TWRP
  6. GAPPS [open GAPPS] [gdrive - pico] - copy this file to your SDcard to be accessed by TWRP

STEP 0 - go back to stock ROM throught Odin (just to be sure) *OPTIONAL
  1. Activate the Developer Mode by tapping seven times the VERSION NUMBER ate ABOUT TABLET menu;
  2. Activate the USB Debug at the development menu;
  3. Restart the tablet in Download Mode (power button + volume down);
  4. Open Odin and plug usb from tablet to computer, then select the stock ROM file (you have to extract the RAR file and use the *.tar.md5 file) and click start.

STEP 1 - install the custom recovery TWRP 3.0.2 throught Odin
  1. Activate the Developer Mode by tapping seven times the VERSION NUMBER ate ABOUT TABLET menu;
  4. Open Odin and plug usb from tablet to computer, then select the TWRP tar file and click start; at this point, the device will reboot and you have to be fast and hold power button + volume up to boot in recovery mode (if the system reboot, it will replace the custom recovery back to the default one and you will have to install the TWRP again with Odin.

STEP 2 - install the LineageOS and others tools throught the new TWRP - (only reboot at the end of the entire step)
  1. In the TWRP, click WIPE, then ADVANCED WIPE and select CACHE and SYSTEM and wipe it, then click to FORMAT DATA to format it too;
  2. Back to main screen, click INSTALL, select the SDcard storage and navigates until the LineageOS 14.1 zip file and swipe to instal;
  3. Go back and click INSTALL again, and select the Google Apps file and swipe to install;
  4. *OPTIONAL - Go again to INSTALL and select the the LineageOS add-on for Super User;
  5. Reboot the system and do the initial configuration.

Know issues
  1. The default device name at bluetooth configuration becomes GT-N8000, and you may want to change it back to GT-N8020 or any other you want;
  2. The virtual keyboard starts hidden by default, then, at the initial configuration, when you will type your wifi password, you will have to activate the virtual keyboard visibility in the right bottom corner;
  3. The configuration or MPT apps may stop working at the boot time, but just click the option to close and it will restart;
  4. All the build mention at /system/build.prop is now N8000. I tried to edit the file to fit the real spes, but, to be honest, I don't really know what this really means, but still works properly to me.

Unknow issues
  1. I couldn't test the SIM card usages and bluetooth yet. I'll try to edit this post when possible.

Additional steps
  1. To activate the Super User, activate the Developer Mode (same as steps 0 or 1) then activate it at the Development menu;
  2. The pico version of Google Apps installs only the necessary to run the Google Play app, now you may want to install the rest of essential google apps that you use.

Last edited:

SagazBH

Dec 1, 2017
Has anyone installed and can give more information about the operation? Did you use SIM mobile internet?

doiiido

Dec 3, 2011
not for n8020

I was looking for it, thanks!

Tested here, works all ok but the sim card, it is not even recognizing, came from stock n8020 rom.
I'll try to flash an n8000 rom and see if it makes any diff.

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Tested here, works all ok but the sim card, it is not even recognizing, came from stock n8020 rom.
I'll try to flash an n8000 rom and see if it makes any diff.
To flash it I had to modyfy the install script and take off the first assert line, because its target is n8000 and not n8020.
what changes did u make from the original lineageos 14.1 20170810 version?
Best Regards, Lincoln.

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Yes..two different roms.
One samsung one not samsung.

Suggest you to read OP before flashing a rom.

As said change modem and CSC.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all, I'm not the responsable for none of this great development work and I'll try to link every step to the source where I found each one and credit it to the right person.

I thought was important to post it here because, thanks to the Samsung, the Galaxy Note 10.1 have too many different device specs under the same product name and the internet is crowded with wrong tutorials or misleads.

If I said something wrong in this post, feel free to correct me or delete it if necessary.

The user Skyjumper at android-hilfe.de forum shared his experience testing an unofficial version of LineageOS 14.1 for GT-N8000 (2012) in GT-N8020 (2013). He also linked two XDA permalinks for comments with links to [1] TWRP 3.0.2 (by Aramir_, at here) and [2] LineageOS 14.1 unofficial (by lirokoa, at here). Then you have just to download the openGAPPS (I would suggest pico version), the Odin3 and the LineageOS add-on for SU (optional for who want SU access).

DOWNLOAD FILES
    I uploaded every file for this tutorial to Google Drive because most of the websites have low speed traffic control, but feel free to download from where you want.
    1. Odin3 v3.13.1 [xda] [gdrive]
    2. Samsung Stock Rom [gdrive]
    3. TWRP 3.0.2 [xda] [gdrive]
    4. LineageOS 14.1 Unofficial [xda] [gdrive] - copy this file to your SDcard to be accessed by TWRP
    5. LineageOS Add-on for Super User [lineageos] [gdrive] - copy this file to your SDcard to be accessed by TWRP
    6. GAPPS [open GAPPS] [gdrive - pico] - copy this file to your SDcard to be accessed by TWRP

STEP 0 - go back to stock ROM throught Odin (just to be sure) *OPTIONAL
    4. Open Odin and plug usb from tablet to computer, then select the stock ROM file (you have to extract the RAR file and use the *.tar.md5 file) and click start.

STEP 1 - install the custom recovery TWRP 3.0.2 throught Odin
    4. Open Odin and plug usb from tablet to computer, then select the TWRP tar file and click start; at this point, the device will reboot and you have to be fast and hold power button + volume up to boot in recovery mode (if the system reboot, it will replace the custom recovery back to the default one and you will have to install the TWRP again with Odin.

STEP 2 - install the LineageOS and others tools throught the new TWRP - (only reboot at the end of the entire step)
    1. In the TWRP, click WIPE, then ADVANCED WIPE and select CACHE and SYSTEM and wipe it, then click to FORMAT DATA to format it too;
    2. Back to main screen, click INSTALL, select the SDcard storage and navigates until the LineageOS 14.1 zip file and swipe to instal;
    3. Go back and click INSTALL again, and select the Google Apps file and swipe to install;
    4. *OPTIONAL - Go again to INSTALL and select the the LineageOS add-on for Super User;
    5. Reboot the system and do the initial configuration.

Know issues
    1. The default device name at bluetooth configuration becomes GT-N8000, and you may want to change it back to GT-N8020 or any other you want;
    2. The virtual keyboard starts hidden by default, then, at the initial configuration, when you will type your wifi password, you will have to activate the virtual keyboard visibility in the right bottom corner;
    3. The configuration or MPT apps may stop working at the boot time, but just click the option to close and it will restart;
    4. All the build mention at /system/build.prop is now N8000. I tried to edit the file to fit the real spes, but, to be honest, I don't really know what this really means, but still works properly to me.

Unknow issues
    1. I couldn't test the SIM card usages and bluetooth yet. I'll try to edit this post when possible.

Additional steps
    1. To activate the Super User, activate the Developer Mode (same as steps 0 or 1) then activate it at the Development menu;
    2. The pico version of Google Apps installs only the necessary to run the Google Play app, now you may want to install the rest of essential google apps that you use.
    I know it's two different ROMs.

However it works very well. We hope the Lineage will release an official version for the GT N8020

LineageOS isn't going to release it. There is maintainers for each device, and if someone wants to do so for the Galaxy Note 10.1, they can do so. There is hundreds of maintainers.
    Confused by title .

This is a Lineage 14.1 for N8020 ?
    You could use the file manager of twrp or you root with magisk.

And yes, screen mirroring is working!

Best regards