Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gbmasterdoctor

Nov 30, 2014
London
samjakob.com
Hi everyone,

I present to you, LineageOS 14.1, brought to you by me and @Bartixxx (with the help of haky, XePeleato and surdu_petru)

We're on fire with this bug patching :)

Current Status: Experimental Builds

Disclaimer:
Code:
/*
I am not responsible for fried or bricked devices.
This ROM is in testing stages. If you point the finger of blame at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Versions:

What works:
  • RIL [2G/3G/4G]
  • Speaker
  • Camera

What doesn't work:
  • LiveDisplay - makes everything laggy
  • MTP
  • Developer Options - Crashes settings
  • Ear Speaker
  • Microphone?
  • NFC
  • Google Play Store - Lists many apps [such as Instagram and Snapchat] as incompatible
  • Emoji? - Gboard doesn't seem to open emoji section...

How to install:
  1. Flash the downloaded (.ZIP) file using TWRP.
  2. Wipe data/cache after installation.

Thank you and have a good day :)

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 14.1 - P8Lite [Kirin], ROM for the Huawei P8lite

Contributors
gbmasterdoctor, Bartixxx, XePeleato, surdu_petru
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS (CyanogenMod)

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 1.0
Beta Release Date: 2017-01-23

Created 2016-12-29
Last Updated 2017-01-23

Last edited:

gbmasterdoctor

Nov 30, 2014
London
samjakob.com
Reserved

Screenshots
z5ZrSXD.png

aQvwx9P.png

Qc8ibkV.png

bsencTf.png

bf2KJ4y.png

Latest News
16:25:30 - 30/12/2016: Development build: started stability testing.
16:22:40 - 30/12/2016: RIL is working but only on the second SD card - [the one in the MicroSD slot].

Last edited:

gbmasterdoctor

Nov 30, 2014
London
samjakob.com
Reserved

PUBLIC ALPHA TESTING​

Instructions for installation:
NOTE: This build has been prematurely taken out of public alpha. We are now in experimental due to rapid progress of the developers. It is recommended you install our experimental builds via custom recovery. This alpha page will be removed once the first experimental build is released.
  1. Reboot into custom recovery and wipe /data, /system, /cache and the Dalvik/ART cache. WARNING: You will probably want to take a backup at this point, should you decide to return to stock. This is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED because the ROM is quite unstable and not ready for daily use.
  2. Download the latest system.img and boot.img from this page: https://android.clout-team.com/huawei/hi6210sft/cm14.1/
  3. Download the Android Platform Tools from here: https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools.html
  4. Reboot your phone into fastboot mode by first shutting it down [hold power button and press "Power off"] and then turning the phone on and holding Vol Down.
  5. Connect your phone to your computer via a USB cable.
  6. Now follow the instructions for your OS.

Windows
  1. Open Command Prompt and change to the directory of the platform tools
  2. Run this command: fastboot flash system <file>, of course, replacing <file> with the location of the system.img
  3. Do step 3 for boot.img, of course, replacing system with boot and file with the location of your boot.img.
  4. Now wait 30 seconds to 2 minutes while the image is written to your phone.
  5. Once it's finished, reboot your phone. (The easiest way is to press and hold the Vol Up button until you get the Huawei Emergency screen and then press Shutdown and start your phone.)

macOS
If someone needs it, I'll write it.

Linux
If you run Linux on your computer, I don't think you need instructions for this :p

HELPING THE DEVELOPERS​
As we don't have as much time to go through the ROM and find all the issues, we have set up a GitHub repository [mainly for Wiki and Issue Tracker] for collaboration with the community.
You can access the issue tracker here: https://github.com/masterdoctor/LineageOS-p8lite-community/issues
You can access the wiki here: https://github.com/masterdoctor/LineageOS-p8lite-community/wiki

TROUBLESHOOTING​
Help! My phone won't get to the boot animation - it just freezes at the Huawei sign
You may need to flash our custom boot.img (if you haven't already). (Instructions in main steps): https://android.clout-team.com/huawei/hi6210sft/cm14.1/

My phone has been stuck at the boot animation for 5+ minutes
That's probably something on our end. We are linking you to the latest build, which isn't always bootable.
Once we get to Experimental Versions, we'll start posting build history, allowing you to download older builds.

Last edited:

Bartixxx

Mar 30, 2016
why not 14.1 ? can you work with xpeleato? its almost finishing work or can you make foew screenshots?

Wysłane z mojego ALE-L21 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bartixxx

Mar 30, 2016
ouhh sorry my bad

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

you work with xepeleato? can you say about him work? whats work in his cm and what not when hebplan to release

gbmasterdoctor

Nov 30, 2014
London
samjakob.com
Just want to let you know that I am not 'actively' collaborating, that means, that means that this is not the ROM that I was going to release, it's his own and he has right to do it

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

Yes, perhaps I should explain that I am using the device trees that @XePeleato has put on GitHub and he has helped me with one or two questions but we are not 'actively collaborating' on this but I wanted to list him as a contributor because of the help he has given me.

Last edited:

allrightlite

Oct 18, 2016
Just want to let you know that I am not 'actively' collaborating, that means, that means that this is not the ROM that I was going to release, it's his own and he has right to do it ?

But you can be faster, right? You should be the first one. Yes, you can! Otherwise, if this one here bad, you can make cm14 great again :cowboy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

I present to you, LineageOS 14.1, brought to you by me and @Bartixxx (with the help of haky, XePeleato and surdu_petru)

We're on fire with this bug patching :)

Current Status: Experimental Builds

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    /*
    I am not responsible for fried or bricked devices.
    This ROM is in testing stages. If you point the finger of blame at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Versions:

What works:
    • RIL [2G/3G/4G]
    • Speaker
    • Camera

What doesn't work:
    • LiveDisplay - makes everything laggy
    • MTP
    • Developer Options - Crashes settings
    • Ear Speaker
    • Microphone?
    • NFC
    • Google Play Store - Lists many apps [such as Instagram and Snapchat] as incompatible
    • Emoji? - Gboard doesn't seem to open emoji section...

How to install:
    1. Flash the downloaded (.ZIP) file using TWRP.
    2. Wipe data/cache after installation.

Thank you and have a good day :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 - P8Lite [Kirin], ROM for the Huawei P8lite

Contributors
    gbmasterdoctor, Bartixxx, XePeleato, surdu_petru
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS (CyanogenMod)

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.0
    Beta Release Date: 2017-01-23

Created 2016-12-29
    Last Updated 2017-01-23
    Ohh man,don't worry!
    Remember,we are a community,and I actually understand this situation. It's been like 1 year since we're waiting for an actual custom Rom,and developers still working on it for their own purpose,without releasing anything but screenshots. Everybody would feel like: "WHY DON'T YOU LET ME TRY?"
    and then...bam,the flame starts. Since we are a community,you should stop testing with just a few people and release an EXPERIMENTAL IPER MEGA ALPHA Release for everybody,indicating that it's not for daily usage and for testing only. I would love to cooperate and sent my logcats,so you and the other developers can work together to resolve the bugs if it's possible.
    It will be good for you,because you can have more source of information that with just few people you couldn't have,and for us,because we can try your work.

It's just my opinion. Up to you dude. For me,you're great as you are,and I'm fully supporting you! :good::D

Okay. I like that idea.

In short: I'm going to release a public alpha build tomorrow.
    In long: Together, as a community, we can all test it and help each other. I'll set up a ticket desk for bug reports, etc. so that we can have some sort of organisation though (because thousands of people just throwing logcats at us will not only massively bloat this thread but it would be massively confusing).

If we do this though, I have a few rules:
    1. No posting bugs/errors or requesting ETAs in this thread. This will be for status updates and this will help us keep things organised.
    2. No fighting. If we're going to work together as a community, we can't break out with bickering every 5 minutes.
    3. Don't report errors twice. If you see an error is already being worked on, don't report it again or beg for ETAs for fixes. We'll update you when we have news.

If you agree with this, press "Thanks" (it's less spammy than loads of people replying), otherwise, tell me what you want.
    Please read this

To everyone having a go at me for not releasing the ROM, let me explain a few things to you:

1. Building custom ROMs takes time - I've said this a lot but these projects don't build instantly. We're working with over a gigabyte of code. It takes time to compile this, even with a powerful build server. Every time there's an issue, we have to spend time fixing it and then we have to rebuild. Rebuilding takes 2-3 hours because we have to clean the workspace and then rebuild because of potentially corrupted files.

2. Stop being ageist - Does it really matter that I'm 15? Perhaps, before you call me "incapable" and a "kid", you should take a moment to think about the fact that there are more than thousands of programmers under the age of 25, working on advanced software. I myself have many years of practice at programming. I'm just as experienced as a lot of other good developers.

3. I'm just trying to help you - I can't stress this enough; for free. I am using my own free time to bring you a custom ROM. That's voluntarily. Everyone yelling "FAKE" or "F*CK YOU" should really take this into account. Just because I don't have enough time to spend on the ROM and waiting for it to build, doesn't mean I can't build it or I'm incapable. It means be patient.

4. For the love of god, I gave an ETA that means ESTIMATED time of arrival. ESTIMATED - not accurate. I don't know when the build will be successful. Often, you think the build is going to work and then for no apparent reason, it fails.

5. When I don't live up to an ETA, it's because I don't want to f*ck up your device. - Unfinished or corrupted ROMs can really screw things up. I want to do as much as I can to make sure this doesn't happen.

I just don't understand why you would all attack someone who is just trying to help the community.
    Maybe, some of you people attacking me and other P8Lite developers might be able to understand that if you attack the only developers working on your device, the developers will just give up.

Despite all of your bullsh*t, I will keep working on this ROM but please:
    1. Stop spamming this thread with insults
    2. Don't ask for an ETA - I will post them when I know. This will stop people getting annoyed when I don't manage to meet a spontaneously decided ETA.
    3. Be more open minded.
    4. Just, for the love of god, be patient

</rant>

Also, thanks to everyone who has waited patiently and not harassed me and/or other developers. I have much respect for you and it's you I'm making this ROM for. I really appreciate it.
    Reserved

Screenshots
    z5ZrSXD.png

aQvwx9P.png

Qc8ibkV.png

bsencTf.png

bf2KJ4y.png

Latest News
    16:25:30 - 30/12/2016: Development build: started stability testing.
    16:22:40 - 30/12/2016: RIL is working but only on the second SD card - [the one in the MicroSD slot].
    Happy New Year - Welcome to 2017. [or goodbye 2016 if it's not 2017 yet]

The CM14.1 build has completed successfully. I am testing now and I'll be sure to post the build once it boots.

Thanks all developers for their help and thank you everyone in the Huawei P8-Lite section for your enthusiasm.

Edit: And everyone, please be sure thank @XePeleato and @surdu_petru for their amazing work on this. They've done a fantastic job and it's because of them that we have the best custom ROM on our Kirin devices (with RIL support right round the corner)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone