• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] LineageOS 14.1 for Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) [SM-J320FN/F/G/M] [UNOFFICIAL]

Implementing OTA Updates ?

• Yes

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

LINGGV

Dec 5, 2017
After the new update the dolby atmos app doesn't work anymore, I have already tried to re-flash it but it won't start anymore.
"The dolby atmos app continues to interrupt"
Works fine for me

Sent from my Samsung SM-J320G using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190605-050806.png
    Screenshot_20190605-050806.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 207

ich0

Jun 18, 2013
San Salvador
HTML:
I was wondering if you personally are no longer building the M variant as the Russian guy who posted above made one.

someone down and please print, I could not test
after full wipe and install without gapps but used nanolx microG package+apps
Some very annoying bugs:
  • no notifications appear in status bar
  • can't expand quicksetting pulldown, only the short 6default mini icons appear and their long press shortcuts to settings don't open
  • home & recents actions (physical buttons and virtual onscreen actions) are not working, even with a different launcher installed
  • can't unlock Developer Settings from the About device screen, no toast message ever shows up
  • unknown error with work profile, I am trying to use Island app by oasis feng, it fails to administer the apps appearing in work profile

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

slow charging has always been a problem, but my xboxone charges my j300m with the Xbox controller cable so fast. I've tried all of my different cellphone chargers and none compare. So probably all the 1A 5v chargers need replacing

TH14HU

Jun 9, 2017
Natal
I was wondering if you personally are no longer building the M variant as the Russian guy who posted above made one.

after full wipe and install without gapps but used nanolx microG package+apps
Some very annoying bugs:
no notifications appear in status bar
home & recents actions (physical buttons and virtual onscreen actions) are not working, even with a different launcher installed
unknown error with work profile, I am trying to use Island app by oasis feng, it fails to administer the apps appearing in work profile

I'm sorry, I must have made some mistake when I compressed, try this

https://mega.nz/#!2VhGiKTS!4mjc-VYnGKhl6rKvnQ4ilsgzMpHRSLk08kGeO1B_O_M

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

I'm sorry, I must have made some mistake when I compressed, try this

https://mega.nz/#!2VhGiKTS!4mjc-VYnGKhl6rKvnQ4ilsgzMpHRSLk08kGeO1B_O_M

or if you want, you can wait until I edit the last one that left (this one on the 6th)

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

New build is out ->
lineage-14.1-20190605-UNOFFICIAL-j3xnlte.zip

June patch lates, but all CVE patches were applied :)
Can you teach me how to apply the patch? I wanted to do the same for ViperOs.

thanking you for your work

TH14HU

Jun 9, 2017
Natal

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-06-06-19-22-11.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-06-19-22-11.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 268
  • Screenshot_20190606-192640.png
    Screenshot_20190606-192640.png
    95.6 KB · Views: 268
Reactions: PuYaU

TH14HU

Jun 9, 2017
Natal
Not really same....
I build Lineage variant for FN version but the build has included one script to detect device specific strings and apply them in build.prop.

In F build NFC ISN'T INCLUDED.
IN FN NFC IS INCLUDED.
(Device specific strings are same on both builds) ^^
Sorry friend, I do not think I understood ;-,
Are you saying that this adaptation I'm making is useless?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FNEqGNs6rv5B0hFKzbB7Z_gXjqkY%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%252FCyanogenMod%252FLineageOS.png

Lineage OS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*  
    * Your warranty is... still valid?  
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,  
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please  
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM  
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if  
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.  
    */

Introduction
    Lineage OS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for Lineage OS is available in the Lineage OS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to Lineage OS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Installation instructions

1. Download ROM and Optional: GApps.
    2. Copy ROM and Optional: GApps to internal storage.
    3. Optional: Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional but highly recommended).
    4. Wipe /data, /system and /cache.
    5. Flash ROM and Optional: GApps.
    Note: First boot can take some time. They may even loop a few times...

Screenshots

SOON

Known issues

• RDS on FM Radio
    • VoLTE not implanted

Download

Sources

Thanks To/Credits

@djeman (main dev)
    @faltisal (dev, thread manager)
    micro_maniaque (OTA Server)

FOR Q&A PLEASE USE THIS THREAD

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] LineageOS 14.1 for Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) [SM-J320FN/F/G/M] [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)

Contributors
    faltisal, djeman
    Source Code: https://github.com/djeman

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-08-22

Created 2017-09-02
    Last Updated 2020-08-22
    And I began the cm13 there is 4 months and the cm14.1 since 1 month ^^

All help to develop the rom is always really appreciated ;)
    I had 10 hours of time to make new build :)
    Code:
    [100% 36463/36463] build bacon
    Package Complete: /home/danijel/lineage/out/target/product/j3xnlte/lineage-14.1-20190525-UNOFFICIAL-j3xnlte.zip
    make: Leaving directory '/home/danijel/lineage'

#### make completed successfully (05:15:17 (hh:mm:ss)) ####

New build is out:

lineage-14.1-20190525-UNOFFICIAL-j3xnlte

-> May Security Patch

P.S: J3 hasn't dead (for now) :D
    It's only lineage updates as declain12345 said.

I only launched a build without modifications except the lineage repo updated.
    I agree it's not fantastic but it's better than nothing :x
    It's the worst bug ... I tried a lot of things to fix it ... I tried differents mali kernel modules, differents vendor drivers, differents hwcomposer, differents gralloc, a lot of build options, a lot of patches on the framebuffer driver, ...
    And the result is always the same :x
    Flickering on cm14.1 and no display on los15.1 ...

The latest update is for the october security patch, a patch on the kernel to add a missing function to destroy a socket and some changes on ril to enable more functions.
    Maybe sim contacts works and the eap-sim protocol have more chances to work now the sim can communicate with an icc logical channel.
    FM flood log removed, missing selinux rules added.