[ROM] LineageOS 14.1 for Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) [SM-J320FN/F/G/M] [UNOFFICIAL]

Implementing OTA Updates ?

• Yes

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

marko28

Feb 19, 2016
thanks. I already see this, but I will not put any extra money on that phone, with so little internal memory. ... and not to say how much hours i throw in this crapy phone. I will put in on ebay. thanks again and bye.

badboy21102000

Nov 14, 2012
https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FNEqGNs6rv5B0hFKzbB7Z_gXjqkY%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%252FCyanogenMod%252FLineageOS.png

Lineage OS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
/*  
* Your warranty is... still valid?  
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,  
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please  
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM  
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if  
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.  
*/

Introduction
Lineage OS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for Lineage OS is available in the Lineage OS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to Lineage OS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Installation instructions

1. Download ROM and Optional: GApps.
  2. Copy ROM and Optional: GApps to internal storage.
  3. Optional: Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional but highly recommended).
  4. Wipe /data, /system and /cache.
  5. Flash ROM and Optional: GApps.
Note: First boot can take some time. They may even loop a few times...

Screenshots

SOON

Known issues

• Surface flickering sometimes
  • RDS on FM Radio
  • VoLTE not implanted

Download

Sources

Thanks To/Credits

@djeman (main dev)
@faltisal (dev, thread manager)
micro_maniaque (OTA Server)

FOR Q&A PLEASE USE THIS THREAD

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] LineageOS 14.1 for Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) [SM-J320FN/F/G/M] [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)

Contributors
faltisal, djeman
Source Code: https://github.com/djeman

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2019-07-05

Created 2017-09-03
Last Updated 2019-07-05
can you make build for j3 j320h j3x3g? please:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:

Scorpiobormi

Jul 21, 2019
Did anyone solve slow wifi issue? On my j3 2016 fn, download is 8-9 mbps, on 50/10 optical net. On sim card net, speed is ok. Bt is off. Did twrp factory reset, no change. Rom is lineage 14.1 from november 2018. build.

flanello

Sep 5, 2019
Hi to everyone, can i rollback to previously version of this rom?
where i can find previously version?
Because after install doesn't boot and freeze on "samsung galaxy j3 powerd by android" and system doesn't start...
With previously rom it works fine...

SM-J320FN

This is my business phone please help me!!!

borksek

Aug 7, 2017
Blekinge
Hi to everyone, can i rollback to previously version of this rom?
where i can find previously version?
Because after install doesn't boot and freeze on "samsung galaxy j3 powerd by android" and system doesn't start...
With previously rom it works fine...

SM-J320FN

This is my business phone please help me!!!
Odin. Google on how to restore Samsung device with Odin. Gl :) if that doesn't work @ me

remeus

Feb 18, 2011
Hi,
I'm not able to move the apps to my SD Card. I cant't see the option when i go to Settings -> App -> App infos -> Storage

Is there a way to fix that ?

Thanks.

declain12345

Aug 18, 2017
Hi,
I'm not able to move the apps to my SD Card. I cant't see the option when i go to Settings -> App -> App infos -> Storage

Is there a way to fix that ?

Thanks.

Yes, you can force all apps to be movable to external storage by enabling "Force allow apps on external" option in developer settings. However, this doesn't apply to system apps (although this is also possible but with different procedure).

remeus

Feb 18, 2011
Yes, you can force all apps to be movable to external storage by enabling "Force allow apps on external" option in developer settings. However, this doesn't apply to system apps (although this is also possible but with different procedure).

Just activated this option but same thing i don't the option to move the App to SD Card. And if i choose to install a new App from Play Store it says no space left, so it's clear it's trying to install it in internal memory.

ardicli2000

Sep 30, 2011
Did anyone solve slow wifi issue? On my j3 2016 fn, download is 8-9 mbps, on 50/10 optical net. On sim card net, speed is ok. Bt is off. Did twrp factory reset, no change. Rom is lineage 14.1 from november 2018. build.

Turning BT off solved the problem for me. While BT is on, wifi speed starts to drop dramatically and stops eventually.

2gg1

Mar 15, 2019
how to get rounded icons without launcher and icon packs?

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

enable disable hw overlays

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yop,

With the 'new' xda forum I lost the permission to modify the first message ...

SM-J320FN (j3xnlte) : lineage-14.1-20210321-UNOFFICIAL-j3xnlte.zip
    SM-J320F/G/M (j3xlte) : lineage-14.1-20210321-UNOFFICIAL-j3xlte.zip
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FNEqGNs6rv5B0hFKzbB7Z_gXjqkY%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%252FCyanogenMod%252FLineageOS.png

Lineage OS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*  
    * Your warranty is... still valid?  
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,  
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please  
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM  
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if  
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.  
    */

Introduction
    Lineage OS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for Lineage OS is available in the Lineage OS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to Lineage OS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Installation instructions

1. Download ROM and Optional: GApps.
    2. Copy ROM and Optional: GApps to internal storage.
    3. Optional: Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional but highly recommended).
    4. Wipe /data, /system and /cache.
    5. Flash ROM and Optional: GApps.
    Note: First boot can take some time. They may even loop a few times...

Screenshots

SOON

Known issues

• RDS on FM Radio
    • VoLTE not implanted

Download

Sources

Thanks To/Credits

@djeman (main dev)
    @faltisal (dev, thread manager)
    micro_maniaque (OTA Server)

FOR Q&A PLEASE USE THIS THREAD

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] LineageOS 14.1 for Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) [SM-J320FN/F/G/M] [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)

Contributors
    faltisal, djeman
    Source Code: https://github.com/djeman

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-08-22

Created 2017-09-02
    Last Updated 2020-08-22
    And I began the cm13 there is 4 months and the cm14.1 since 1 month ^^

All help to develop the rom is always really appreciated ;)
    It's only lineage updates as declain12345 said.

I only launched a build without modifications except the lineage repo updated.
    I agree it's not fantastic but it's better than nothing :x
    I had 10 hours of time to make new build :)
    Code:
    [100% 36463/36463] build bacon
    Package Complete: /home/danijel/lineage/out/target/product/j3xnlte/lineage-14.1-20190525-UNOFFICIAL-j3xnlte.zip
    make: Leaving directory '/home/danijel/lineage'

#### make completed successfully (05:15:17 (hh:mm:ss)) ####

New build is out:

lineage-14.1-20190525-UNOFFICIAL-j3xnlte

-> May Security Patch

P.S: J3 hasn't dead (for now) :D
    It's the worst bug ... I tried a lot of things to fix it ... I tried differents mali kernel modules, differents vendor drivers, differents hwcomposer, differents gralloc, a lot of build options, a lot of patches on the framebuffer driver, ...
    And the result is always the same :x
    Flickering on cm14.1 and no display on los15.1 ...

The latest update is for the october security patch, a patch on the kernel to add a missing function to destroy a socket and some changes on ril to enable more functions.
    Maybe sim contacts works and the eap-sim protocol have more chances to work now the sim can communicate with an icc logical channel.
    FM flood log removed, missing selinux rules added.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone