[ROM] LineageOS 14.1 for Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) [SM-J320FN/F/G/M] [UNOFFICIAL]

Implementing OTA Updates ?

• Yes

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

WaLeC_TW

May 30, 2020
Thanks, how can I install this on f2fs file system for System. I already used f2fs for cache data.
Select only "Cache" and select "
Select "Change file system" and select "F2FS"
Attention changing the file system from "Data" also formats internal memory !!!
Select only "Data" and select "Repair or Change File System"
Select "Change File System" and select "F2FS"

WaLeC_TW

May 30, 2020
I think it's fake ROM
I try to install this software above and it failed :(
From this what I found it is for another phone J320n0 not J320FN. I'm getting error when I try to load it. I've checked few TWRP like 3.1 and 3.2 which I found on this forum.

As I request help some time ago I've notice that there are few other firmware's which was build till this time.
SM-J320FN (j3xnlte) : lineage-14.1-20210321-UNOFFICIAL-j3xnlte.zip
DOT-N-v1.2-20181110-j3xnlte-UNOFFICIAL.zip
OCT-N-COMMUNITY-20180106-0701-j3xnlte.zip
AIM-System-V2.5-20200511-UNOFFICIAL-j3xlte-FINAL.zip
crDroidAndroid-9.0-20190915-j3lte-v5.8.zip
I try few of them and on all of them there is a problem with MMS.
Mostly it is same problem, when I've add MMS APN and turn on internet without INTERNET APN mms are working. I'm able to send it. But when I add INTERNET APN mms stops sending and internet is blocked. When I restart phone and not try to send MMS internet is working. In the first second in which I try to send MMS internet is blocked.

Now is the question to people who use J3 with any other firmware that stock one. Are MMS working and if yes, please share PDA/MODEM. I suspect that this software is working on specific modems. When I know on which it is working, if we have that people, then I will try to test this.

Last edited:
@faltisal
why can't I mark you here represents you
djeman ?

I have a question, maybe I misunderstood this Rom has security patches from March 2021 but according to Wikepedia and other sites, the latest security status possible on Android 7.1.2 is October 2019. How can this Rom, which is based on Android 7.1.2, have current security patches(march 2021)
or am I getting something wrong here and what actually happened to your Linage Os 15 Rome?

@faltisal
why can't I mark you here represents you
djeman ?

I have a question, maybe I misunderstood this Rom has security patches from March 2021 but according to Wikepedia and other sites, the latest security status possible on Android 7.1.2 is October 2019. How can this Rom, which is based on Android 7.1.2, have current security patches(march 2021)
or am I getting something wrong here and what actually happened to your Linage Os 15 Rome?
@djeman

Yip,

Gerrit lineageos for the cm-14.1 => https://review.lineageos.org/q/branch:cm-14.1
And I stopped all dev on this device, I never found compatible drivers (gpu, ...) for los15.

Latest updates was only linegeos repo updated.
Thank you for your reply
you have stopped all developments for this device? does this mean that this rom here no more updates?
does the latest linage os repo not contain the latest security patches
what happened to fatisal (the one who started this therd?

Thank you for your reply
you have stopped all developments for this device? does this mean that this rom here no more updates?
does the latest linage os repo not contain the latest security patches
what happened to fatisal (the one who started this therd?
where did you find drivers for android 7, the processor manufacturer only supplies drivers up to android 5 (which is why samsung has never upgraded this device to a higher Android version in europe or the usa.
is android 8 even possible because from android 8 there is only 64bit or am I wrong and the processor can only 32 bit

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FNEqGNs6rv5B0hFKzbB7Z_gXjqkY%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%252FCyanogenMod%252FLineageOS.png

Lineage OS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*  
    * Your warranty is... still valid?  
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,  
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please  
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM  
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if  
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.  
    */

Introduction
    Lineage OS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for Lineage OS is available in the Lineage OS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to Lineage OS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Installation instructions

1. Download ROM and Optional: GApps.
    2. Copy ROM and Optional: GApps to internal storage.
    3. Optional: Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional but highly recommended).
    4. Wipe /data, /system and /cache.
    5. Flash ROM and Optional: GApps.
    Note: First boot can take some time. They may even loop a few times...

Screenshots

SOON

Known issues

• RDS on FM Radio
    • VoLTE not implanted

Download

Sources

Thanks To/Credits

@djeman (main dev)
    @faltisal (dev, thread manager)
    micro_maniaque (OTA Server)

FOR Q&A PLEASE USE THIS THREAD

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] LineageOS 14.1 for Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) [SM-J320FN/F/G/M] [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)

Contributors
    faltisal, djeman
    Source Code: https://github.com/djeman

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-08-22

Created 2017-09-02
    Last Updated 2020-08-22
    And I began the cm13 there is 4 months and the cm14.1 since 1 month ^^

All help to develop the rom is always really appreciated ;)
    It's only lineage updates as declain12345 said.

I only launched a build without modifications except the lineage repo updated.
    I agree it's not fantastic but it's better than nothing :x
    I had 10 hours of time to make new build :)
    Code:
    [100% 36463/36463] build bacon
    Package Complete: /home/danijel/lineage/out/target/product/j3xnlte/lineage-14.1-20190525-UNOFFICIAL-j3xnlte.zip
    make: Leaving directory '/home/danijel/lineage'

#### make completed successfully (05:15:17 (hh:mm:ss)) ####

New build is out:

lineage-14.1-20190525-UNOFFICIAL-j3xnlte

-> May Security Patch

P.S: J3 hasn't dead (for now) :D
    It's the worst bug ... I tried a lot of things to fix it ... I tried differents mali kernel modules, differents vendor drivers, differents hwcomposer, differents gralloc, a lot of build options, a lot of patches on the framebuffer driver, ...
    And the result is always the same :x
    Flickering on cm14.1 and no display on los15.1 ...

The latest update is for the october security patch, a patch on the kernel to add a missing function to destroy a socket and some changes on ril to enable more functions.
    Maybe sim contacts works and the eap-sim protocol have more chances to work now the sim can communicate with an icc logical channel.
    FM flood log removed, missing selinux rules added.