[ROM] LineageOS 14.1 for Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) [SM-J320FN/F/G/M] [UNOFFICIAL]

Implementing OTA Updates ?

• Yes

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

JoeDoe0

Jul 31, 2010
Did you hide the app in question (Revolut I believe) with Magisk hide as well? Magisk works very well for me with different banking apps.
If root is still detected you can try to temporarily hide / freeze Magisk with AirFrozen.
However if you freeze Magisk you need to unfreeze it every time a new app needs root permission.
Airfrozen is available in Play Store or alternative store / apk platforms.

Cautious_C

May 3, 2019
Warsaw
Thanks you so much djeman for the time you spent to keep alive this device !

Use Heimdall. He's available on Ubuntu's repository.
Si tu es francophone et sous Ubuntu.
And if you're under Arch.
I'm a linux user and I just can't get TWRP installed.
You might find this useful... mAid
at maid.binbash.rocks
I use Linux and I had the same problem as you.
It is easiest to use Odin on Windows.
Heimdahl on linux can be very difficult. You need the right version (I think 1.4.2)
JOdin3 on linux is also possible
BUT try the mAid linx distro first as it has all the tools you wil need and you can boot it from a USB drive.
You should join this Telegram group https://t.me/mAid_Linux
and https://t.me/sfx_android
sFX builds roms and is the developer for mAid
P.s. You do not need to install drivers in linux, you do in Windows

francois072

Mar 31, 2021
You might find this useful... mAid
at maid.binbash.rocks
I use Linux and I had the same problem as you.
It is easiest to use Odin on Windows.
Heimdahl on linux can be very difficult. You need the right version (I think 1.4.2)
JOdin3 on linux is also possible
BUT try the mAid linx distro first as it has all the tools you wil need and you can boot it from a USB drive.
You should join this Telegram group https://t.me/mAid_Linux
and https://t.me/sfx_android
sFX builds roms and is the developer for mAid
P.s. You do not need to install drivers in linux, you do in Windows
I completely forgot about the post I made. I wasn't even aware of something like mAid, it really looks like a useful tool. I would have to go and try again installing TWRP, because I can't even remember why it wouldn't work. I also had a Note3 and I tried with Heimdall, but it wouldn't work. A soon as I tried Odin on Windows it worked. This time I will try using mAid for the J3. Thanks!

Cautious_C

May 3, 2019
Warsaw
I completely forgot about the post I made. I wasn't even aware of something like mAid, it really looks like a useful tool. I would have to go and try again installing TWRP, because I can't even remember why it wouldn't work. I also had a Note3 and I tried with Heimdall, but it wouldn't work. A soon as I tried Odin on Windows it worked. This time I will try using mAid for the J3. Thanks!
Good to hear you had success. I assume you have a galaxy J3... which ROM did you use? I have Resurection Remix but I am looking for alternatives.

I want to build Lineage for this device, can you help me? I already synced with the following local manifest:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="Borksek/android_kernel_samsung_j3xnlte" path="kernel/samsung/j3xnlte" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1"/>
  <project name="djeman/android_device_samsung_j3xnlte" path="device/samsung/j3xnlte" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1"/>
  <project name="LinkLunk/android_vendor_samsung_j3xnlte" path="vendor/samsung/j3xnlte" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1"/>
</manifest>

Synced, then proceeded to build but got:

build/core/product_config.mk:254: *** _nic.PRODUCTS.[[device/samsung/j3xnlte/lineage.mk]]: "device/samsung/sharkls-common/sharkls.mk" does not exist. Stop.
Device j3xnlte not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from LineageOS Github (http://github.com/LineageOS).
Repository for j3xnlte not found in the LineageOS Github repository list. If this is in error, you may need to manually add it to your local_manifests/roomservice.xml.
build/core/product_config.mk:254: *** _nic.PRODUCTS.[[device/samsung/j3xnlte/lineage.mk]]: "device/samsung/sharkls-common/sharkls.mk" does not exist. Stop.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'lineage_j3xnlte'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

Can somebody help?

Last edited:
I want to build Lineage for this device, can you help me? I already synced with the following local manifest:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="Borksek/android_kernel_samsung_j3xnlte" path="kernel/samsung/j3xnlte" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1"/>
  <project name="djeman/android_device_samsung_j3xnlte" path="device/samsung/j3xnlte" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1"/>
  <project name="LinkLunk/android_vendor_samsung_j3xnlte" path="vendor/samsung/j3xnlte" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1"/>
</manifest>

Synced, then proceeded to build but got:

Device j3xnlte not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from LineageOS Github (http://github.com/LineageOS).
Repository for j3xnlte not found in the LineageOS Github repository list. If this is in error, you may need to manually add it to your local_manifests/roomservice.xml.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'lineage_j3xnlte'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

Can somebody help?
you need the common tree too https://github.com/djeman/android_device_samsung_sharkls-common

pmauzao

Jul 7, 2011
FM Radio wasn't working for me in this ROM, is that right?
BT works fine with wifi on? I'm having this problem now at Resurrection Remix...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FNEqGNs6rv5B0hFKzbB7Z_gXjqkY%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%252FCyanogenMod%252FLineageOS.png

Lineage OS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*  
    * Your warranty is... still valid?  
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,  
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please  
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM  
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if  
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.  
    */

Introduction
    Lineage OS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for Lineage OS is available in the Lineage OS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to Lineage OS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Installation instructions

1. Download ROM and Optional: GApps.
    2. Copy ROM and Optional: GApps to internal storage.
    3. Optional: Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional but highly recommended).
    4. Wipe /data, /system and /cache.
    5. Flash ROM and Optional: GApps.
    Note: First boot can take some time. They may even loop a few times...

Screenshots

SOON

Known issues

• RDS on FM Radio
    • VoLTE not implanted

Download

Sources

Thanks To/Credits

@djeman (main dev)
    @faltisal (dev, thread manager)
    micro_maniaque (OTA Server)

FOR Q&A PLEASE USE THIS THREAD

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] LineageOS 14.1 for Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) [SM-J320FN/F/G/M] [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)

Contributors
    faltisal, djeman
    Source Code: https://github.com/djeman

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-08-22

Created 2017-09-02
    Last Updated 2020-08-22
    And I began the cm13 there is 4 months and the cm14.1 since 1 month ^^

All help to develop the rom is always really appreciated ;)
    I had 10 hours of time to make new build :)
    Code:
    [100% 36463/36463] build bacon
    Package Complete: /home/danijel/lineage/out/target/product/j3xnlte/lineage-14.1-20190525-UNOFFICIAL-j3xnlte.zip
    make: Leaving directory '/home/danijel/lineage'

#### make completed successfully (05:15:17 (hh:mm:ss)) ####

New build is out:

lineage-14.1-20190525-UNOFFICIAL-j3xnlte

-> May Security Patch

P.S: J3 hasn't dead (for now) :D
    It's only lineage updates as declain12345 said.

I only launched a build without modifications except the lineage repo updated.
    I agree it's not fantastic but it's better than nothing :x
    Yop,

With the 'new' xda forum I lost the permission to modify the first message ...

SM-J320FN (j3xnlte) : lineage-14.1-20210321-UNOFFICIAL-j3xnlte.zip
    SM-J320F/G/M (j3xlte) : lineage-14.1-20210321-UNOFFICIAL-j3xlte.zip