[ROM] LineageOS 14.1 for Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) [SM-J320FN/F/G/M] [UNOFFICIAL]

Implementing OTA Updates ?

• Yes

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

MR207

Mar 18, 2018
but it's going to work I saw a video on YouTube where install it in a j320G and it works

Don't work. if you change the boot.img file with boot.img of lineage 13 the rom doesn't work anyway, becouse it is incompatible anyway. Maybe @djeman can help you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181031-235149.jpg
    Screenshot_20181031-235149.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:

Lolman90

Apr 26, 2017
Hello ! I found a bug on the rom. When I want to listen music when I use my phone, the music stops and restarts constantly. Do you have a solution? Thank you in advance!

I observed that this only appears when I am connected to a headset or Bluetooth speaker...

Last edited:

PuYaU

Oct 2, 2014
Slim River
Hello ! I found a bug on the rom. When I want to listen music when I use my phone, the music stops and restarts constantly. Do you have a solution? Thank you in advance!

clear app data and cache.. try that and see what happen..
on my device music app running ok..

Sent from my Samsung SM-J320G using XDA Labs

Oct 31, 2018

djeman

Mar 6, 2009
It's the worst bug ... I tried a lot of things to fix it ... I tried differents mali kernel modules, differents vendor drivers, differents hwcomposer, differents gralloc, a lot of build options, a lot of patches on the framebuffer driver, ...
And the result is always the same :x
Flickering on cm14.1 and no display on los15.1 ...

The latest update is for the october security patch, a patch on the kernel to add a missing function to destroy a socket and some changes on ril to enable more functions.
Maybe sim contacts works and the eap-sim protocol have more chances to work now the sim can communicate with an icc logical channel.
FM flood log removed, missing selinux rules added.

Last edited:

pacurarelvis

Jan 18, 2015
I tried to dirty flash the latest build but I'm getting incompatible data error. Anyone else have this problem?
I have the same problem but go in recovery and wipe system cache and dalvik cache DON'T WIPE DATA flash last build and last gaps and you don't lose your data for me it work (you need reflash magicsk if you have it but the must magisk hide and then you can pass safety net

declain12345

Aug 18, 2017
I have the same problem but go in recovery and wipe system cache and dalvik cache DON'T WIPE DATA flash last build and last gaps and you don't lose your data for me it work (you need reflash magicsk if you have it but the must magisk hide and then you can pass safety net

It didn't work for me, still got the same error. I don't have magisk installed, I'm using LineageOS root. I guess I'll have to wipe it completely when I'll have the time.

djeman

Mar 6, 2009
It's a new step in the updater script :
Code:
if is_mounted("/data") then
package_extract_file("META-INF/org/lineageos/releasekey", "/tmp/releasekey");
run_program("/tmp/install/bin/otasigcheck.sh") != "31744" || abort("Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try another package or run a factory reset");
else
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/sdio_emmc/by-name/userdata", "/data", "");
package_extract_file("META-INF/org/lineageos/releasekey", "/tmp/releasekey");
run_program("/tmp/install/bin/otasigcheck.sh") != "31744" || abort("Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try another package or run a factory reset");
unmount("/data");
endif;

I agree it can be a problem ...
Not my fault, it's a lineage update ^^

Remove this lines in the file "META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script" ... it's useless.

Last edited:

pacurarelvis

Jan 18, 2015
It's a new step in the updater script :

I agree it can be a problem ...
Not my fault, it's a lineage update ^^

Remove this lines in the file "META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script" ... it's useless.
For me work wipe system cache and dalvik cache reboot recovery and flash new release

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

It didn't work for me, still got the same error. I don't have magisk installed, I'm using LineageOS root. I guess I'll have to wipe it completely when I'll have the time.
After wipe try reboot recovery and than flash

djeman

Mar 6, 2009
Me too it works but it's useless on a userdebug build signed with a test key and my data partition is f2fs and not ext4.
Maybe it works but it sucks ^^

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yop,

With the 'new' xda forum I lost the permission to modify the first message ...

SM-J320FN (j3xnlte) : lineage-14.1-20210321-UNOFFICIAL-j3xnlte.zip
    SM-J320F/G/M (j3xlte) : lineage-14.1-20210321-UNOFFICIAL-j3xlte.zip
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FNEqGNs6rv5B0hFKzbB7Z_gXjqkY%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%252FCyanogenMod%252FLineageOS.png

Lineage OS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*  
    * Your warranty is... still valid?  
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,  
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please  
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM  
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if  
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.  
    */

Introduction
    Lineage OS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for Lineage OS is available in the Lineage OS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to Lineage OS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Installation instructions

1. Download ROM and Optional: GApps.
    2. Copy ROM and Optional: GApps to internal storage.
    3. Optional: Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional but highly recommended).
    4. Wipe /data, /system and /cache.
    5. Flash ROM and Optional: GApps.
    Note: First boot can take some time. They may even loop a few times...

Screenshots

SOON

Known issues

• RDS on FM Radio
    • VoLTE not implanted

Download

Sources

Thanks To/Credits

@djeman (main dev)
    @faltisal (dev, thread manager)
    micro_maniaque (OTA Server)

FOR Q&A PLEASE USE THIS THREAD

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] LineageOS 14.1 for Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) [SM-J320FN/F/G/M] [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)

Contributors
    faltisal, djeman
    Source Code: https://github.com/djeman

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-08-22

Created 2017-09-02
    Last Updated 2020-08-22
    And I began the cm13 there is 4 months and the cm14.1 since 1 month ^^

All help to develop the rom is always really appreciated ;)
    It's only lineage updates as declain12345 said.

I only launched a build without modifications except the lineage repo updated.
    I agree it's not fantastic but it's better than nothing :x
    I had 10 hours of time to make new build :)
    Code:
    [100% 36463/36463] build bacon
    Package Complete: /home/danijel/lineage/out/target/product/j3xnlte/lineage-14.1-20190525-UNOFFICIAL-j3xnlte.zip
    make: Leaving directory '/home/danijel/lineage'

#### make completed successfully (05:15:17 (hh:mm:ss)) ####

New build is out:

lineage-14.1-20190525-UNOFFICIAL-j3xnlte

-> May Security Patch

P.S: J3 hasn't dead (for now) :D
    It's the worst bug ... I tried a lot of things to fix it ... I tried differents mali kernel modules, differents vendor drivers, differents hwcomposer, differents gralloc, a lot of build options, a lot of patches on the framebuffer driver, ...
    And the result is always the same :x
    Flickering on cm14.1 and no display on los15.1 ...

The latest update is for the october security patch, a patch on the kernel to add a missing function to destroy a socket and some changes on ril to enable more functions.
    Maybe sim contacts works and the eap-sim protocol have more chances to work now the sim can communicate with an icc logical channel.
    FM flood log removed, missing selinux rules added.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone