• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] LineageOS 14.1 (official)

Search This thread

irha

Nov 18, 2010
What is the difference between the two files?
lineage-14.1-20190116-nightly-jasmine-signed.zip
lineage-14.1-20190216-nightly-jasmine-signed.zip

NM: looks like they are different timestamps and the later should be better. I am going to try and see if they can be flashed using the stock ROM. I am not finding anyway to get into the bootloader and flash TWRP. I managed to upgrade from 6.0.1 to 7.1.1 (b17) stock ROM and hoping that I can come back to if something goes wrong.

Last edited:

irha

Nov 18, 2010
Looks like I won't be able to install Lineage OS with stock recovery, so I will have to first flash TWRP recovery. To flash recovery, I would need to enter bootloader, but it seems that ZTE disabled it. Is there a stock ROM that allows booting into bootloader and can that be flashed first? I would really appreciate any help. Thank you!

irha

Nov 18, 2010
I can't believe myself, but I managed to get LineageOS 14.1 installed. I first installed TWRP using jasminetool followig a recovery install guide. I had to find a windows computer (as jasminetool is not supported on Mac). I installed minimal ADB/fastboot so that I could easily reboot to EDL mode and then install USB drivers using zadig. This took a long time because of a couple of issues. The device was only appearing as "QHSUSB_BULK" not as "05c6:9008" like mentioned in the recovery install guide. I was able to install the driver, but jasminetool was not finding it, so I tried multiple times and started getting device manager error (the error was something like "unidentifiable device"). I finally restarted windows (solves all problems right?) and started over again and then jasminetool was able to recognize the device. I flashed jasmine-twrp-7.1-r3.img and was able to boot into it. I then flashed lineage-14.1-20190216-nightly-jasmine-signed.zip and open_gapps-arm64-7.1-nano-20200613.zip (Nano version for 7.1 Android) and was able to boot into it. It was finally worth the effort as I am loving the experience.

Reactions: Sky_Walker!

Sky_Walker!

Jul 3, 2018
I can't believe myself, but I managed to get LineageOS 14.1 installed. I first installed TWRP using jasminetool followig a recovery install guide. I had to find a windows computer (as jasminetool is not supported on Mac). I installed minimal ADB/fastboot so that I could easily reboot to EDL mode and then install USB drivers using zadig. This took a long time because of a couple of issues. The device was only appearing as "QHSUSB_BULK" not as "05c6:9008" like mentioned in the recovery install guide. I was able to install the driver, but jasminetool was not finding it, so I tried multiple times and started getting device manager error (the error was something like "unidentifiable device"). I finally restarted windows (solves all problems right?) and started over again and then jasminetool was able to recognize the device. I flashed jasmine-twrp-7.1-r3.img and was able to boot into it. I then flashed lineage-14.1-20190216-nightly-jasmine-signed.zip and open_gapps-arm64-7.1-nano-20200613.zip (Nano version for 7.1 Android) and was able to boot into it. It was finally worth the effort as I am loving the experience.
asked just one question rom is stable or not i need for use as a daily driver

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-teal.png

First time install Instructions
    Use these instructions when coming from any other ROM (stock, aokp, etc.)
    • Download ROM.
    • Download GAPPS if desired.
    • Boot into recovery.
    • Backup your current data.
    • Format/Wipe data.
    • Flash ROM.
    • Flash GAPPS if desired.
    • Reboot.

Upgrade instructions
    Use these instructions when upgrading from a previous Lineage build.
    • Download ROM.
    • Boot into recovery.
    • Backup your current data.
    • Flash ROM.
    • Reboot.

Flashing instructions
    There are two main ways to flash files onto your phone: local and sideload. Most people are only familiar with local, but sideload is much quicker and easier if you are at a PC.

Sideload
    Download the ZIP file(s) to your PC. In TWRP, select advanced and then sideload. Swipe the slider to begin, then on your PC run "adb sideload <filename>".

Local
    Download and/or copy the ZIP file(s) to your phone. Note whether they are on internal storage (the default) or the sdcard. In TWRP, select install, find your file, and select it.

Status
    Current status: Stable

Known issues
    None (hopefully).

Download
    LineageOS Downloads - jasmine

Tested with opengapps arm64 7.1 micro.

Sources
    Device Tree
    Kernel
    I'm working on it. Hopefully in the next few weeks.
    Maybe my question here maybe out of place, but is it possible that we will see an update to Lineage OS 15.1 on our Beloved AT&T Trek 2 HD in the for see able future?, @tdm. Any plan in the pipe line for Oreo?

Thanks to the entire community here.
    Alright ... I finally got every major system working on axon7mini oreo. So I'll be starting to work on trek2 over the next week or two. Shouldn't take long as they are very similar devices. Watch the forum for a new thread with test builds.
    I've flashed this rom and am very happy with it. Looks like it'll take some time before people find out the device is bootloader unlockable and be able to flash roms. Thank you OP for working hard on this one. I use my K88 everyday for watching youtube vids and reading books via 'coolreader' app.
    Been using this for a week or so, it's entirely stable and has breathed new life into this tablet.

FYI, if anyone else uses AT&T service on this, you may need to change the default APN from "AT&T GoPhone (pta)" to "AT&T Broadband (broadband)" for cellular data to start working.

Getting Oreo on here would be icing on the cake, thanks so much for your hard work @tdm