[ROM][LineageOS-14.1] Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 - SM-T280 (gtexswifi)

Search This thread

_mone

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2015
London
Hi, and help!
I flashed the new ROM and it worked fine - see posting above yesterday.
Everthing worked fine until I rebooted the tablet.
Now it tells me 'Custom binary blocked by FRP lock' when it tries to boot.
I used ODIN to try to reload TWRP to start again, but that is also now blocked by FRP Lock.
How do I get back to a point where I can start again, and this time get TWRP to wipe everything.
Help!

How did that happen?

Anyway, you probably have to flash stock firmware via ODIN.. Then install TWRP.

PauloCoutinho

Sep 9, 2020
Congratulations on the great job.

Congratulations on the great job.

I finally managed to take a breath of my children's tablets.

Regarding the problem of adding the memory card, as internal memory. This error does not occur in version 20200512. With that, just install it. Do the procedure and update to the latest version.

The only thing I did, which is not mandatory to do, was to convert my card to EXT4.
Regarding the camera problem. Just install another camera app.

So far everything working.

But thanks once for the great job.

TheRaven100k

Sep 5, 2020
Hi, and help!
I flashed the new ROM and it worked fine - see posting above yesterday.
Everthing worked fine until I rebooted the tablet.
Now it tells me 'Custom binary blocked by FRP lock' when it tries to boot.
I used ODIN to try to reload TWRP to start again, but that is also now blocked by FRP Lock.
How do I get back to a point where I can start again, and this time get TWRP to wipe everything.
Help!

You need to unlock the boot loader check a guide it will explain it. You might need to start over with a fresh copy of the os

syan8182

Sep 13, 2012
I am getting secure check error: recovery when try to flash TWRP through ODIN. any idea? i went online and did some research, maybe the bootloader is locked. Where do I go get the files to unlock during flash? Thanks.

JuanISC

I am getting secure check error: recovery when try to flash TWRP through ODIN. any idea? i went online and did some research, maybe the bootloader is locked. Where do I go get the files to unlock during flash? Thanks.

GO to developer options and enable unlock bootloader and also enable USB debugging

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

I managed to get into the TWRP 3.4.0.1 but I'm not able to install the rom, I'm getting this:
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
[edit] tied to install May and September builds also tried to install by removing the asserts line but I'm still getting the error below:

Error installing Zip file '/external_sd/OS/lineage-14.1-20200903-UNOFFICIAL-gtexswifi.zip'
does anyone knows how to fix this issue?

Last edited:

syan8182

Sep 13, 2012
GO to developer options and enable unlock bootloader and also enable USB debugging

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

I managed to get into the TWRP 3.4.0.1 but I'm not able to install the rom, I'm getting this:
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
[edit] tied to install May and September builds also tried to install by removing the asserts line but I'm still getting the error below:

Error installing Zip file '/external_sd/OS/lineage-14.1-20200903-UNOFFICIAL-gtexswifi.zip'
does anyone knows how to fix this issue?

I figured out, you have to immediately press volume up and center button after the manual reboot from ODIN flash. hope this helps others.

barrie.kenyon

Jun 9, 2015
Hi Guys
I have figured out what causes my 'Custom binary blocked by FRP Lock' problem, but I am not sure how to fix it!
As suggested by _mone, I have downloaded and installed the stock Samsung T280 ROM. ODIN loaded it OK, but it then bootlooped with 'Google Services failed to load'. I booted into Android recovery, wiped everything, and it then booted into Android 5.1.1 OK.
I used ODIN to load TWRP, booted into TWRP, installed lineage-14.1-20200908 and Gapps, rebooted into Android 7.1.2 fine. Fiddled around for a bit, and then deliberately rebooted to see if it came up OK. Came up fine.
On the web FRP appears to be associated with your google account, so I now set up my Google account, loaded an app from PlayStore, all OK.
I rebooted and I am now back at the 'Custom binary blocked by FRP Lock'
so now I know what causes it, but how do i cure it?

JuanISC

I figured out, you have to immediately press volume up and center button after the manual reboot from ODIN flash. hope this helps others.

I got it, also you can uncheck the reboot option in the second tab in Odin, then you dont need to intermediately press the power+vol up, you still need to press that combo in order to boot into TWRP

anyone found how to bypass that error 7 message? I'm very exited to try this on my old tablet, kudos to the devs involved.
I'm subscribing to get latest news updates for this.

syan8182

Sep 13, 2012
I am getting the same Updater process ended with ERROR: 7, when trying to update from May version to the latest version on 0908. I am just going to format and wipe evertthing and do a fresh install of the latest version.

How do we properly update the rom if there is a future update? like a dirty flash. Appreciated.

Fraser06

Dec 26, 2014
I am getting the same Updater process ended with ERROR: 7, when trying to update from May version to the latest version on 0908. I am just going to format and wipe evertthing and do a fresh install of the latest version.

How do we properly update the rom if there is a future update? like a dirty flash. Appreciated.

anyone found how to bypass that error 7 message? I'm very exited to try this on my old tablet, kudos to the devs involved.

I've observed that ERROR: 7 appears whenever you do some sort of wiping, however it doesn't appear when you try flashing again after rebooting to recovery. So I suggest trying a process like this: wipe->reboot to recovery->flash rom->reboot

Hi Guys
I have figured out what causes my 'Custom binary blocked by FRP Lock' problem, but I am not sure how to fix it!
As suggested by _mone, I have downloaded and installed the stock Samsung T280 ROM. ODIN loaded it OK, but it then bootlooped with 'Google Services failed to load'. I booted into Android recovery, wiped everything, and it then booted into Android 5.1.1 OK.
I used ODIN to load TWRP, booted into TWRP, installed lineage-14.1-20200908 and Gapps, rebooted into Android 7.1.2 fine. Fiddled around for a bit, and then deliberately rebooted to see if it came up OK. Came up fine.
On the web FRP appears to be associated with your google account, so I now set up my Google account, loaded an app from PlayStore, all OK.
I rebooted and I am now back at the 'Custom binary blocked by FRP Lock'
so now I know what causes it, but how do i cure it?

I've found a way to bypass FRP or rather actually disable it, just flash the FRP Destroyer.zip from this thread. I personally used FRP + DM Verity + Force Encrypt Remover.zip and so far it's been fine. It essentially removes the partition FRP uses to store the Google account the device is locked with. I'm not aware of any issues from doing this, so as always, flash at your own risk.

Last edited:

Volkan2008

Sep 11, 2020
I got it, also you can uncheck the reboot option in the second tab in Odin, then you dont need to intermediately press the power+vol up, you still need to press that combo in order to boot into TWRP

Search twrp error 7 in google
i made it by unzipping the rom, entering the unzipped folder META INF --> com --> google --> android, than opening the updater script file with notepad ++. After opening it I deleted the first line and zip the rom again. Thats it

sorry If ı used english bad :D

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Hello,
I thanks for your work. I'm verry happy to use this tablet with 4 gb empty space. I dont want to be greedy but can you fix the animation when you're charging your tablet when it is off. it looks upside down. Also can you fix the lockscreen is turning upside dow when you are locking your tablet

2faraway2

Apr 24, 2016
@_mone:

First of all a big, big thanks for this rom ! Great work and exactly the rom that I was waiting for ... :) :)

May I ask you a question about MicroG ?
As far as this is not an official LOS build, is it possible to include the 'signature spoofing patch' (https://github.com/microg/android_pa...master/patches) into this rom ?
Or, alternativly, include MicroG 'completly' into the rom ?

The reason why I ask is that I think there are a lot of people around who like to have a Google-free phone (without GAPPS), but like to have messaging and location services that is provided by MicroG. The inclusion of the signature spoofing patch would be an important first step for installing MicroG by ourself ..

syan8182

Sep 13, 2012
I've observed that ERROR: 7 appears whenever you do some sort of wiping, however it doesn't appear when you try flashing again after rebooting to recovery. So I suggest trying a process like this: wipe->reboot to recovery->flash rom->reboot

wipe->reboot to recovery->flash rom->reboot, could you please advise what type of wipe are you suggesting, since you said the error appears whenever we do wipe. are you referring to a clean wipe? The purpose is to keep the original data and do an update, instead of a clean wipe. Thanks for your help help!

Fraser06

Dec 26, 2014

wipe->reboot to recovery->flash rom->reboot, could you please advise what type of wipe are you suggesting, since you said the error appears whenever we do wipe. are you referring to a clean wipe? The purpose is to keep the original data and do an update, instead of a clean wipe. Thanks for your help help!

What I mean by wiping is by doing any wipe command prior to installing the rom, say wiping the cache. When the error appeared in my device, I just rebooted it to recovery again and tried to install it. It worked that way for me, but if it doesn't work for you, you could instead try @Volkan2008's advice a few posts above me and modify the zip by deleting some lines in the updater script.

Last edited:

existensialdread

Sep 12, 2020
I get error 7 and a compatibility error. I cannot update my version of twrp (3.0.2-1-ashyx) because after I downloaded and copied the img that you posted to my sd card, it does not appear when I go to the install menu.

_mone

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2015
London
I get error 7 and a compatibility error. I cannot update my version of twrp (3.0.2-1-ashyx) because after I downloaded and copied the img that you posted to my sd card, it does not appear when I go to the install menu.

That's the problem. You need to run one of my twrp builds. Just download and install the latest TWRP-3.4.0-2 via ODIN or heimdall.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The latest build works fine, but it having troubles with the WiFi, it doesn't see any wifi sometimes, and some times see it but doesn't connect, if can solve that, I will appreciate, thanks @mone
    O WiFi esta desconectando e não esta localizando a rede WiFi! Depois de varias tentativas ele conecta!

Translation: WiFi is disconnecting and not locating the WiFi network! After several attempts it connects!

Greetings, and welcome to XDA. Please be respectful and observant of XDA Rule #4 for all of your future posts. Thank you.

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and (optional) GApps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • If you want GApps you have to mount system first:
      Mount -> System -> Go back to the first page and install GApps as normal
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Known Bugs :
    • Camera doesn't work (use opencamera instead)
    • RadioFM doesn't work

Credits :

Source :

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS for gtexswifi, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A series

Contributors
    _mone
    Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: T280XXS0ARJ2

Version Information
    Testing

Created 2020-09-03
    Last Updated 2020-09-08
    New build: lineage-14.1-20210209-UNOFFICIAL-gtexswifi.zip

You can now format the external sdcard as internal storage
    For anyone trying to figure out how to get this or other ROMs working on the T280 with a valid google account (without FRP ruining all of your fun), here is what you need to know:

* Follow instructions to install custom bootloader, ROM and GApps Pico (see OP)
    * Download ADB here: https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip
    * Unzip to a folder, open a cmd prompt and navigate to that folder
    * On the tablet, perform initial setup and go into settings, Developer Options and enable root access (ADB only)
    * Connect your tablet to your PC.
    * Run the following commands:
    * adb devices (confirm that adb "sees" your device as connected)
    * adb root
    * adb remount
    * adb pull /system/build.prop
    * Now you will have a copy of build.prop in your adb folder. Edit the file with notepad, or some other simple text editor that will not insert hidden characters.
    * Find the following entry: ro.frp.pst=
    * Comment it out (disable it) by adding a # at the beginning of the line. Ex: # ro.frp.pst=
    * save the file
    * Go back to adb and run the following commands
    * adb remount -o rw /system
    * adb push build.prop /system/build.prop
    * adb shell chmod 644 /system/build.prop
    * adb remount -o ro /system
    * adb reboot
    * Add your google account. You could add your account before modifying build.prop, but if you forget and reboot you'll be out of luck and will have to start from scratch flashing the factory ROM, etc.
    * That should do it! You should now be able to reboot as much as you like.
    * If you want extra assurance in the event that build.prop ever gets overwritten, you can blank out the FRP partition with FRP destroyer (I recommend): https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/frp-destroyer-flashable-zip.3920067/

When I tried FRP destroyer without modifying build.prop, I never got to install it with TWRP as FRP would already be blocking me from booting. It is possible that I was doing things in the wrong order, but I thought I would share just in case someone finds themselves stuck like I was. I am not a pro at this, I have used CM on a few devices in the past but have never dealt with FRP before. I prefer to share my learnings to hopefully help others in the future.

Cheers!

SCH00N3R
    New build: lineage-14.1-20210207-UNOFFICIAL-gtexswifi.zip

GPS should work now.
    Let me know.

I'm having difficulties uploading new builds.. if anyone is building for themselves and want to share builds with the community, feel free to do it here.
    I'm a newbie in this topic. Can you guide me how to do it on my device? At this point I made everything like expalained in the link below and I'm stuck on error 7 in TWRP. View attachment 5177541
    Hi,
    for error 7 : see here
    And for the way of how to proceed, I suggest you watch the youtube video from Mone:
    I used : odin 3.10.7;twrp_3.2.1-1_sm-t280_080118;lineage-14.1-20200929-UNOFFICIAL-gtexswifi;
    and after installation of the custom rom : Magisk 20.4