[ROM][LineageOS-14.1] Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 - SM-T280 (gtexswifi)

Mariadif

Dec 29, 2020
I Have a question, nothing linked to GPS. What can be linked/transfered to the internal sd card? Is there any limitation, ie. Can I linked all system file?

ven316

Jan 24, 2019
Can someone compile or teach me how to compile an overclockable kernel?
The device is still laggy with a 1.3GHz max clock
It would be way better to be clocked 1.5+GHz and have a schedutil governor if possible

GLRioux

Apr 29, 2019
I want to update Android on my wife's Tab A 7" so than an SD card can be formatted as internal memory. We'd replace the tablet, except that no current 7" tablet can match its screen resolution. I'm a newbie as far as rooting Android and updating the OS on a tablet, but I'm reading up on it. I have some of questions first.

Does Lineage 14.1 provide the most up to date version of Android that is available for her Tab A? If newer versions are available, how polished and/or reliable are they?

In _mone's Sept 3, 2020 post, it lists "External SDCard can't be formatted as internal storage" as a known bug. Has this been corrected yet? If not, is someone specifically working to resolve this problem?

Thanks!

Jerry

Rutilicus

Aug 15, 2006
Unfortuntely, you cannot format your external card as internal card yet. A lot of people are waiting for this option and I hope we will get this feature soon.

Reactions: GLRioux

Justin Thought

May 5, 2013
Monterrey
Hello, _mone and all. You don't know how excited I am to find this thread, and this ROM. When I first bought the TAB (October 2019), all the developers and users were bemoaning that there were no custom ROMs for this equipment, despite attempts by several to develop one. Now I see this one has been through the trials (and unfortunate errors--but hey! that happens!) and everyone seems satisfied. Couple'a quick questions--

is lineage-14.1-20200929-UNOFFICIAL- the most recent build?

Can anyone direct me to a listing of the Lineage features? I have specific things that I desire (not necessarily need, obviously, since I've been using the stock ROM these couple'a years) such as page animation, the ability to use an alternative on-screen method of turning off the screen--things that you often or sometimes find in custom ROMs.

And, probably a very general question--are people overall satisfied with using this ROM?

I've downloaded the pertenent files, the new Twerp, the ROM (duhhh), and I'll snag the most recent version of GAAPS once I hear back on these questions, but I'm going to hold off on flashing anything. Though a part of my mind is going to be like that child in the back seat--"Are we there yet? Huh? Are we there?"

And, anytime a person benefits from the work of a developer who has devoted his time, effort, and skull-sweat to something he provides gratis, I have to say in advance (and I'll say afterwards too, 'cause you can't say it enough) Thank you thank you thank you! I look forward to making my TAB, which was partly under the perview of Android before, my own at last.

Reactions: Zocker1012

mc0133

Aug 9, 2020
Wondering if @_mone is still actively developing this rom? lineage-14.1-20200929-UNOFFICIAL appears to be the most recent build he has released, yet it seems to work ok. Have to thank him for even bringing a newer android to the tab

Wondering if the battery image when charging the battery powered off can be fixed? Currently, it displays upside down and looks funny.

Also scrolling through the homescreen pages seems to not be particularly smooth (default homescreen launcher that comes with the rom, haven't tried any third party homescreen replacement launcher app you have to get thru the google playstore)

treapan

Feb 4, 2021
I've seen several people on this thread say the audio for this ROM doesn't work.
Is this still a problem or has it been fixed?

My use case is mainly using the tablet's built-in speakers or wired headphones.

FBK2904

Nov 28, 2011
Near Stuttgart (Germany)
Hi _mone, great job and it works very well -> THANK YOU :love:!
Is there still hope that the system camera app will no longer crash?
I am using "Motion Detector" and I see an image in the app settings for the front and rear camera. But the app doesn't want to trigger on movement (I've already tested "Open Camera" and "Footej Camera").

Greetz,
Frank

_mone

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2015
London
Is there still hope that the system camera app will no longer crash?
Not sure. Camera is always a mess to port properly.. I'll give it a shot when I can.. no promises.

Is this new version solving the issue of wifi disconnection?
I don't have any wifi disconnections, you probably want to clean install the latest build. If the problem persist grab and share a logcat and I'll see if I can help.