[ROM][LineageOS-14.1] Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 - SM-T280 (gtexswifi)

Search This thread

_mone

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2015
London
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and (optional) GApps
  • Boot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • If you want GApps you have to mount system first:
    Mount -> System -> Go back to the first page and install GApps as normal
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Known Bugs :
  • Camera doesn't work (use opencamera instead)
  • RadioFM doesn't work

Credits :

Source :

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS for gtexswifi, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A series

Contributors
_mone
Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: T280XXS0ARJ2

Version Information
Testing

Created 2020-09-03
Last Updated 2020-09-08

Last edited:

juanysara

Dec 27, 2010
Thanks for your job

How do I install magisk?

Sd cannot be used as an intern

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2008
Thank youuuhhh very macho for your work, it looks awesome
Just one question: i installed ev'rything, and looks ok (apart camera), but i was not able to get any sound. Is it just my broken-broken-tablet, maybe?

_mone

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2015
London
How do I install magisk?
Just flash the zip file via TWRP, if you don't see the magisk app after rebooting extract the .apk from the zip file and install it as a normal app.

Sd cannot be used as an intern
Thanks for reporting, I'll have a look into it.

i was not able to get any sound
Which build did you install? The 20200903 build has audio working.

juanysara

Dec 27, 2010
is it possible to incorporate "close application" by leaving the back button pressed?

juanysara

Dec 27, 2010
Thanks.

The sound in the bluetooth headset does not work and hbo crashed.

Last edited:

barrie.kenyon

Jun 9, 2015
I have now loaded the custom ROM, and it works!!!!!
As a complete noob I had to puzzle some things out, but I got there in the end.
For other noobs. the process was:
1. Download the ROM, TWRP-3.4.0-0, ODIN
2. Copy ROM and GAPPS onto an SD card.
3. Run ODIN on your PC, load TWRP, follow instructions to boot into TWRP
4. Install ROM and GAPPS from SD card using TWRP
5. Boot into new ROM, setup network, Google account, etc
Enjoy!!!
You will find links to TWRP, ODIN with a quick search. Full instructions there.
All seems to working except camera.
Thanks to _mone.
Brilliant

barrie.kenyon

Jun 9, 2015
Hi, and help!
I flashed the new ROM and it worked fine - see posting above yesterday.
Everthing worked fine until I rebooted the tablet.
Now it tells me 'Custom binary blocked by FRP lock' when it tries to boot.
I used ODIN to try to reload TWRP to start again, but that is also now blocked by FRP Lock.
How do I get back to a point where I can start again, and this time get TWRP to wipe everything.
Help!

Reactions: SliverSeven

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1- thanks :)
    2- i flashed that boot.img via twrp and didn't worked
    No, as in, if you made it, the TWRP flashable zip
    i added boot.img to zip file and still device in boot logo doesnt boot pmos
    Did you try asking the irc?
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and (optional) GApps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • If you want GApps you have to mount system first:
      Mount -> System -> Go back to the first page and install GApps as normal
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Known Bugs :
    • Camera doesn't work (use opencamera instead)
    • RadioFM doesn't work

Credits :

Source :

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS for gtexswifi, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A series

Contributors
    _mone
    Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: T280XXS0ARJ2

Version Information
    Testing

Created 2020-09-03
    Last Updated 2020-09-08
    New build: lineage-14.1-20210209-UNOFFICIAL-gtexswifi.zip

You can now format the external sdcard as internal storage
    For anyone trying to figure out how to get this or other ROMs working on the T280 with a valid google account (without FRP ruining all of your fun), here is what you need to know:

* Follow instructions to install custom bootloader, ROM and GApps Pico (see OP)
    * Download ADB here: https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip
    * Unzip to a folder, open a cmd prompt and navigate to that folder
    * On the tablet, perform initial setup and go into settings, Developer Options and enable root access (ADB only)
    * Connect your tablet to your PC.
    * Run the following commands:
    * adb devices (confirm that adb "sees" your device as connected)
    * adb root
    * adb remount
    * adb pull /system/build.prop
    * Now you will have a copy of build.prop in your adb folder. Edit the file with notepad, or some other simple text editor that will not insert hidden characters.
    * Find the following entry: ro.frp.pst=
    * Comment it out (disable it) by adding a # at the beginning of the line. Ex: # ro.frp.pst=
    * save the file
    * Go back to adb and run the following commands
    * adb remount -o rw /system
    * adb push build.prop /system/build.prop
    * adb shell chmod 644 /system/build.prop
    * adb remount -o ro /system
    * adb reboot
    * Add your google account. You could add your account before modifying build.prop, but if you forget and reboot you'll be out of luck and will have to start from scratch flashing the factory ROM, etc.
    * That should do it! You should now be able to reboot as much as you like.
    * If you want extra assurance in the event that build.prop ever gets overwritten, you can blank out the FRP partition with FRP destroyer (I recommend): https://xdaforums.com/t/frp-destroyer-flashable-zip.3920067/

When I tried FRP destroyer without modifying build.prop, I never got to install it with TWRP as FRP would already be blocking me from booting. It is possible that I was doing things in the wrong order, but I thought I would share just in case someone finds themselves stuck like I was. I am not a pro at this, I have used CM on a few devices in the past but have never dealt with FRP before. I prefer to share my learnings to hopefully help others in the future.

Cheers!

SCH00N3R
    New build: lineage-14.1-20210207-UNOFFICIAL-gtexswifi.zip

GPS should work now.
    Let me know.

I'm having difficulties uploading new builds.. if anyone is building for themselves and want to share builds with the community, feel free to do it here.
    I'm a newbie in this topic. Can you guide me how to do it on my device? At this point I made everything like expalained in the link below and I'm stuck on error 7 in TWRP. View attachment 5177541
    Hi,
    for error 7 : see here
    And for the way of how to proceed, I suggest you watch the youtube video from Mone:
    I used : odin 3.10.7;twrp_3.2.1-1_sm-t280_080118;lineage-14.1-20200929-UNOFFICIAL-gtexswifi;
    and after installation of the custom rom : Magisk 20.4