[ROM][LineageOS 14.1][substratum] for Moto G [falcon]

Search This thread

XDAnewone

Aug 21, 2020
Hello,

Checked device after a week or so - Was at zero battery - Charged & switched on - Faced bootloop - Entered recovery, did factory reset & everything - bootloop again - Since the Feb 2021 ROM (lineage-14.1-20210206-UNOFFICIAL-mG-oms-falcon) file was already on device flashed (via recommended recovery) - bootloop - Came here & found latest ROM file - Flashed that - Working just fine now.

Not sure what was wrong, but just could not get pout of bootloop till I flased latest.

Just FYI please @MSe1969
Thanks for the new update, a lifesaver.

zagzag99

Nov 3, 2008
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
Reactions: MSe1969
New builds available with July 2021 ASB patches

Hi all, new builds are available and already offered via Updater app:

A. Default LineageOS 14.1 with substratum and microG patch
  • Security string 2021-07-05
  • Kernel: Many sec. patches applied (taken from Divest-OS)
B. Hardened build with pre-installed microG and F-Droid, patched for substratum
  • Bromite System Webview updated to 91.0.4472.146
  • microG upstreamed to 0.2.21.212158-2
  • AuroraStore 4.0.7
Regards, M.

Fedroid

Jan 19, 2011
Barcelona
Moto G
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Thanks for everything.

ROM is fine. I arranged WiFi by restoring a backup from other 7.1 ROM.

Now I have accomplished one thing I wanted... I have transformed my Moto G in a offline GPS navigator (because I don't use SIM inside)

With your "A ROM" and without gapps or other account I have installed Sigyc navigator and runs quite well (not fine on other ROMs) and I have enough space for offline maps.

Now, when I start my phone, Sigyc autostarts and I can begin driving wherever I want.

Now a new use for Moto G is possible and good for planet because we recicle.

All this benefits are possible because of your work.

Thanks again dear developers!

Tiki Thorsen

Jan 27, 2017
Argentina
Moto Z3 Play
New builds available with July 2021 ASB patches

• Bromite System Webview updated to 91.0.4472.146
  • microG upstreamed to 0.2.21.212158-2
  • AuroraStore 4.0.7
Regards, M.
I am getting "The update verification failed" on 3 different phones (all with Lineage but different versions) at the moment I press "Download" an OTA update.

Could it be an issue with my modem?

I am getting "The update verification failed" on 3 different phones (all with Lineage but different versions) at the moment I press "Download" an OTA update.

Could it be an issue with my modem?
No idea - I have specifically tested today the update via updater for both variants, all fine with my devices.
Seems your download is corrupted?

jajk

Jul 18, 2014
In case this happens to anyone else.
I updated to July version by dirty flashing as I have always done in the past without problem. This time, it didn't boot - stuck on boot animation.
Decided to clean flash.... same thing happened. Thought about the steps I took..... format data, flash ROM, flash SuperSU..... stuck at boot animation. Tried again without SuperSU and it boots! Flash SuperSU and it stops working. Flash Magisk v 2.3 and it boots and root is established.
So it looks like there is something in the security updates that finally kills off the old supersu.

Scranalot

Mar 28, 2019
Good Afternoon
Long time since my last post but I'm still here :)
Thanks for for the latest update
(y) @MSe1969
As I said before I've got 2 falcons - one is currently rooted with Super Su - I've updated both - no issues & SuperSu is still working satisfactorily - I did however update OTA

Scranalot

Mar 28, 2019
Good Afternoon
Long time since my last post but I'm still here :)
Thanks for for the latest update
(y) @MSe1969
As I said before I've got 2 falcons - one is currently rooted with Super Su - I've updated both - no issues & SuperSu is still working satisfactorily - I did however update OTA

Bludwurst

Mar 26, 2016
Moto G
Redmi 9A
Thanks for the positive feedback.

The VPN Always-on feature is already available since Android 7.0, hence included also in this ROM (Android 7.1). So already with this ROM, you can check this option within your VPN client. Or do you mean something different?

I am not sure, that I got your point - could you please explain further? Nevertheless, I am afraid, that I won't be able to change the standard behavior of the "Trebuchet" launcher . . .
Sorry, sorry.
I meant the "block non-VPN connections" option; if you get disconnected from the VPN, it is as if you aren't connected to the internet.

And what I meant regarding screen rotation ...
That when you enable 180 portrait rotation (you hold your phone upsidedown) and lock the rotation many elements such as the lock screen don't keep the orientation; it's annoying.
Of course, that's all that it is, an annoyance. If it's impossible or difficult feel free to ignore.

giofrida

Jan 18, 2011
I hope you don't mind if I ask here. I come from a previous custom ROM and followed path B, and now I'm having issues with specific apps like GMaps, crashing after a few seconds. I also tried installing Uber, which is another app that relies on the location services, and it behaves similarly to GMaps. Is it possible that UnifiedNlp isn't working properly, or could it be something else?

zagzag99

Nov 3, 2008
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
I hope you don't mind if I ask here. I come from a previous custom ROM and followed path B, and now I'm having issues with specific apps like GMaps, crashing after a few seconds. I also tried installing Uber, which is another app that relies on the location services, and it behaves similarly to GMaps. Is it possible that UnifiedNlp isn't working properly, or could it be something else?
Sounds like if you go without Google services you should be using non-google apps (GMap) and as far as I know, Uber is using Google's MAP api. So it will have similar issues.
Try openMaps or sygic nav or other GMap alternatives to confirm the location services is operational.

In addition to @zagzag99 's answer, to which I 100% agree: Did you properly configure Unified NLP? You need to activate the location provider(s) first - this is a manual one-time activity after flashing the ROM...

giofrida

Jan 18, 2011
Thanks for your replies. For some reason I couldn't find OpenMaps, but I tried with Sygic and it seems to just hang crash, too, so I guess nlp isn't configured. How do I activate a location provider?

Edit: If by provider you mean a location module/backend in microG settings, then I only have a Mozilla Location Service. I tried to activate it but the apps keep misbehaving.

Last edited:

rn3prokate

Oct 30, 2018
Do I need root to install MicroG on Build A? How do I install it?
I want to use an app, which requires Google Play Services, but I do not want flash Gapps only for this app.

New builds available with August 2021 ASB patches

• Security string 2021-08-05
  • System Webview 91.0.4472.164
  • Security string 2021-08-05
  • Bromite System Webview updated to 92.0.4515.134
  • F-Droid updated to 1.13
Regards, M.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New builds available

Hi all,

new builds with back-ported April 2024 patches (April 2024 custom build release) are available for download and via the Updater app:
    • Custom build release 2024-04-01

Happy flashing
    Regards, M.
    Sorry for being noob... Is this still the best option for the old Moto G?

Do I still just follow the instructions at the top of the thread? Or do they get updated as the thread develops?

Thank you!
    In my opinion yes (as I am providing the ROM, my opinion may however not be considered "neutral") - if you want a stable daily-driver capable build. And I usually update the OP. So yes, follow them - read carefully at least once before doing anything.
    Hi,

this is my unofficial LineageOS 14.1 build for the Moto G (falcon) device with current security patches, microG patch and substratum support.
    (This thread is for the falcon device, I have also a thread for preregrine using the same sources)

As announced here, LineageOS has discontinued to deliver official 14.1 builds in the course of providing LineageOS 16.0 builds, but the 14.1 tree will continue to be maintained for security patches by the community (I am one of these contibutors, btw). So this build will continue.

The build has got the following features:
    • LineageOS 14.1 with current security patches (from official LineageOS repositories)
    • Security string 2021-06-05, AOSP tag 7.2.1_r36
    • Additional custom build release (to indicate ASB backport status)
    • Adapted LineageOS Jelly Browser (additionally having Startpage and Qwant as search engines)
    • Root is not included and would need to be flashed separately
    • Patched for the use of the substratum theme engine (the substratum app and the themes need to be downloaded separately)
    • System certificates taken from AOSP Oreo branch
    • Kernel forked from LineageOS and updated with many security patches
    • OTA Support
    • Enforcing SELinux

There are two build variants available:

• Patched for the use of microG - you can either flash Gapps or manually install microG as apps (or use neither of those)
    • (forked) Cromite Webview M121
    Download here

For the security/privacy focused. It has to be said that microG seems to run better if it is pre-installed.
    • Pre-installed microG same as the LineageOS for microG project
    • Pre-installed AuroraStore / AuroraServices
    • Additional security hardening features listed below
    • SQLite 'secure delete' feature enabled
    • Access to /proc/net blocked for user apps
    • Bundled netmonitor app to allow network monitoring
    • Enhanced Privacy Guard: Switches for motion sensors and other sensors available
    • Oreo backport: SET_TIME_ZONE permission restricted to system apps
    • Oreo backport: Access to timers in /proc restricted
    • Cloudflare as default DNS (instead of Google)
    • Privacy-preferred default settings
    • No submission of IMSI/phone number to Google when GPS is in use
    • (forked) Cromite Webview M121
    • IPtables block script (to block connections to Facebook and Google)
    Download here

Source Code links
    LineageOS: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel: https://github.com/lin14-mGoms/android_kernel_motorola_msm8226/tree/mse_v1
    microG patches:
    (1) https://github.com/microg/android_p...aster/patches/android_frameworks_base-N.patch
    (2) https://github.com/microg/android_p...aster/patches/android_frameworks_base-N.patch
    Patches for Substratum: https://github.com/LineageOMS
    local manifests: https://github.com/lin14-mGoms/local_manifests/tree/cm-14.1-oms and https://github.com/lin14-mGoms/local_manifests/tree/cm-14.1-mG-oms

Installation Instructions

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE SOLELY YOURSELF FOR ANY ACTIONS YOU DO WITH YOUR DEVICE !!!
    Please note - I won't explain any single aspect (e.g. how to install 'fastboot' on your PC or troubleshoot USB connectivity issues under Windows). Search the net and consult the search engine of your choice or look here in XDA, there is plenty information available.

Pre-Requisites
    • Get familiar with the hardware keys of the Motorola Moto G (falcon) device, especially how to enter fastboot mode (switch phone off hold power + volume down together for about 3 seconds) and recovery mode (in fastboot mode, switch with volume down key to the reboot recovery option and select with volume up key)
    • Have fastboot and adb installed on your PC and make sure, you can connect via USB to your device in fastboot mode and via adb
    • Download the most current .ZIP file of this ROM and place it to your phone's internal memory
    • An unlocked bootloader (read the warnings carefully and backup your data!
    • Your bootloader must at least be on version 41.18 (find out via fastboot getvar version-bootloader) - if your bootloader is below that version, the ROM will refuse to install. In that case, you need to upgrade the BL first. See e.g. here for more info. (I currently do not find the link, which I have used some years back, but the provided link should be helpful, too)

Install TWRP recovery
    If you come from stock ROM and have just unlocked your boot loader, this is the next thing to do. If you have already a working custom recovery on your device, there is no necessity to replace it.
    However - I recommend to use the TWRP recovery. The following instructions are based on TWRP.
    NOTE: There have been reports of encryption issues in this thread, when using TWRP 3.3.x, which disappear, when TWRP 3.2.1 is used - I myself use the TWRP 3.2.1, as higher versions have mainly been developed for higher Android versions. I can't technically confirm or prove the situation, but based on the reports and the fact, that I myself did not encounter ANY issues for my own device with TWRP 3.2.1, I recommend this version
    To install TWRP, download the TWRP.img file (Note: replace "TWRP.img" in the following instructions with the real file name) from this section to your PC, get it into 'fastboot mode', connect the device via USB to your PC and enter the following command on your PC:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
    Afterwards, directly boot into 'recovery mode' (see above) - I recommend not to boot the phone's Android system after having flashed TWRP. Once TWRP has been launched, you may decide to reboot your phone and install the ROM at any time later. But the first boot after flashing TWRP should be TWRP in recovery mode.

Advanced Wipe
    ONLY perform the steps described here, if you come from Stock ROM or a different Custom ROM!

Boot into recovery mode. In TWRP, choose "Wipe", "Advanced" and specify "Dalvik", "System", "Cache" and "Data" to be wiped.
    Make sure NOT to wipe "Internal memory" (or "SD Card", if shown). Swipe to confirm the deletion and get back into the main menu.

GApps (only for build variant A - do not flash on build variant B!)
    You have the choice: a. Use microG - b. Flash GApps - c. Neither of those (obviously, you cannot combine those options!)
    'microG' is installed simply by installing the respective apps, no flashing necessary. If you wish to have GApps, they need to be flashed together with the ROM. Download GApps in that case only from opengapps.org and put the .ZIP also to the Internal memory of your device. Choose ARM as platform, Android 7.1 and the flavor of your choice. I strongly recommend "pico" for two reasons:
    1. The Moto G has not much internal memory (8 or 16GB) and no SD card and GApps are notoriously known to waste a lot of space
    2. It leaves you the most freedom to only install, what you really need; you can later download and still install all the Google products you want from the play store, so you do not need to live with pre-installed Google stuff you have no use for.
    The 'microG patch' in this ROM has no negative impact on installing Gapps.

Install the ROM
    In the TWRP main menu, choose "Install". A file manager appears to let you navigate to your internal memory (path /sdcard).
    Choose the .ZIP file of this ROM and swipe to flash. If you update from a previous version of this ROM, you don't need to perform a wipe. If in that case, you had GApps already installed before the update, there is no need to flash them again. They will be automatically restored during the flash process.
    If you come from a different ROM (or stock firmware), make sure that you have performed the Wipe steps above. If you want to install GApps, flash them directly after the ROM, do not reboot in between. (Note: If you wish to get rid of previously installed GApps, navigate to TWRP's file manager in the Advanced section of the main menu, go to path /system/addon.d and delete the file 70-gapps.sh, before flashing the ROM update)
    When finished flashing, return to the main menu, choose "Reboot" and then "System", which will cause your phone to boot into Lineage OS 14.1 - be patient, the first boot after flashing a new ROM takes quite long!

Current / reported issues

Why still on Android 7.1 (Nougat) and not a higher Android version (like 10, 11 or 12)?
    The falcon device is low on memory (RAM and storage flash memory), each newer Android release increases the resource demand and thus decreases performance and available memory - so higher versions won't really make sense for this device.
    Further, I haven't seen any ROM for this device on a higher Android version than Nougat with enforcing SELinux (yes, coming there indeed is "slave work"; none of the devs, including me for above stated reasons, is willing to invest this time...) - which is a No-Go for any daily-driver use (in that case, your device simply is fully open many vulnerabilities and applying monthly ASB patches on a permissive SELinux is close to a complete waste of time).

Credits
    Android Open Source project (AOSP)
    LineageOS project
    microG project
    Substratum team
    SkewedZeppelin (Kernel patches)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][LineageOS 14.1][substratum] for Moto G [falcon], ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
    MSe1969
    Source Code: https://github.com/lin14-mGoms/local_manifests/tree/cm-14.1-oms

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: LineageOS 14.1

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: cm-14.1
    Stable Release Date: 2024-04-13

Created 2018-06-24
    Last Updated 2024-04-13

Change Log

April 2024
    • Custom build release 2024-04-01

March 2024
    • Custom build release 2024-03-01
    • microG flavor only: IPtables block script (backport from my higher release builds)

February 2024
    • Custom build release 2024-02-01
    • Cromite Webview 121.0.6167.164
    • microG variant only: AuroraStore 4.4.1

January 2024
    • Custom build release 2024-01-01
    • Cromite Webview 120.0.6099.216

December 2023
    • Custom build release 2023-11-01
    • microG flavor only: Mulch Webview 119.0.6045.193

November 2023
    • Custom build release 2023-11-01
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview 119.0.6045.134
    • microG flavor only: Mulch Webview 119.0.6045.163
    • microG flavor only: microG and companion 0.3.0.233515

October 2023
    • Custom build release 2023-10-01
    • Upstream of ffmpeg
    • CVE fixes in flac (CVE-2017-6888,CVE-2020-0499,CVE-2021-0561)
    • Fixes for CVE-2023-4863 and CVE-2023-5217 (webp and libvpx)
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview 117.0.5938.140
    • microG flavor only: Mulch Webview 118.0.5993.80
    • microG flavor only: AuroraStore 4.3.5
    • microG flavor only: FDroid 1.18.0
    • microG flavor only: microG 0.2.29.233013

September 2023
    • Custom build release 2023-09-01
    • Kernel sec. patches applied
    • Version upstream for boringssl and freetype
    • Latest sec. fixes for aac component
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview 116.0.5845.163
    • microG flavor only: Mulch Webview 117.0.5938.60
    • microG flavor only: AuroraStore 4.3.1

August 2023
    • Custom build release 2023-08-01
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview 115.0.5790.166
    • microG flavor only: Mulch Webview 116.0.5845.78

July 2023
    • Custom build release 2023-07-01
    • Standard and Mulch Webview 114.0.5735.131
    • microG flavor only: microG 0.2.28.231657

June 2023
    • Custom build release 2023-06-01
    • Standard and Mulch Webview 114.0.5735.131
    • microG flavor only: microG 0.2.28.231657
    • microG flavor only: AuroraStore 4.2.3

May 2023
    • Custom build release 2023-05-01
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview 113.0.5672.77
    • microG flavor only: Mulch Webview 113.0.5672.77

April 2023
    • April 2023 Custom build release
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview 112.0.5615.136
    • microG flavor only: Mulch Webview 112.0.5615.136

March 2023
    • March 2023 Custom build release
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview 111.0.5563.58
    • microG flavor only: Mulch Webview 111.0.5563.58

February 2023
    • February 2023 Custom build release
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview 109.0.5414.118
    • microG flavor only: 0.2.27.223616-3

January 8th, 2023
    • January 2023 Custom build release
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview 108.0.5359.128
    • microG flavor only: 0.2.26.223616-16

December 14th, 2022
    • December 2022 Custom build release
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview 108.0.5359.79
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview updated to 108.0.5359.106
    • microG flavor only: 0.2.26.223616-2

November 14th, 2022
    • November 2022 Custom build release
    • Timezone DB 2022 updates
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview 107.0.5304.105
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview updated to 106.0.5249.163
    • microG flavor only: microG 0.2.25.223616-10
    • microG flavor only: F-Droid 1.15.3

October 17th, 2022
    • October 2022 Custom build release
    • Kernel: Some WiFi patches
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview 106.0.5249.79
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview updated to 105.0.5195.147
    • microG flavor only: microG 0.2.24.223616-61

September 11th, 2022
    • September 2022 Custom build release
    • Many kernel patches
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview 105.0.5195.79
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview updated to 104.0.5112.91
    • microG flavor only: microG 0.2.24.214816-30

August 9th, 2022
    • August 2022 custom build release
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview 103.0.5060.71
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview 103.0.5060.140

July 16th, 2022
    • July 2022 custom build release

June 16th, 2022
    • June 2022 custom build release
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview 102.0.5005.78
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview updated to 102.0.5005.96
    • microG flavor only: F-Droid 1.15.2
    • microG flavor only: microG 0.2.24.214816-11
    May 11th, 2022
    • May 2022 custom build release
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview updated to 100.0.4896.127
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview updated to 101.0.4951.53
    • microG flavor only: F-Droid 1.15
    • microG flavor only: Mozilla Location provider 1.5.0
    • microG flavor only: microG 0.2.24.214816-10

April 16th, 2022
    • April 2022 custom build release
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview updated to 100.0.4896.58
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview updated to 100.0.4896.57

February 19th, 2022
    • February 2022 custom build release
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview updated to 98.0.4758.101
    • microG flavor only: F-Droid updated to 1.14, F-Droid privileged extension to 0.2.13
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview updated to 97.0.4692.106
    • microG flavor only: microG updated to 0.2.24.214816-2

December 20th, 2021
    • December 2021 custom build release
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview updated to 96.0.4664.104
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview 96.0.4664.54
    • microG flavor only: microG 0.22.214516-21

November 9th, 2021
    • Show again "official" Sec. string same as LineageOS (2021-06-05)
    • Additional Custom build release property to indicate backport status
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview updated to 95.0.4638.50
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview 94.0.4606.109

September 17th, 2021
    • UNOFFICIAL Security string 2021-09-05 *
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview updated to 92.0.4515.159
    • microG flavor only: microG upstreamed to 0.2.22.212658-2

August 10th, 2021
    • UNOFFICIAL Security string 2021-08-05 *
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview updated to 91.0.4472.164
    • microG flavor only: Bromite System Webview updated to 92.0.4515.134
    • microG flavor only: F-Droid 1.13

July 14th, 2021
    • UNOFFICIAL Security string 2021-07-05 *
    • microG flavor only: Bromite System Webview updated to 91.0.4472.146
    • microG flavor only: microG upstreamed to 0.2.21.212158-2
    • microG flavor only: AuroraStore 4.0.7

June 16th, 2021
    • Security string 2021-06-05
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview updated to 91.0.4472.101
    • microG flavor only: Bromite System Webview updated to 91.0.4472.102
    • microG flavor only: microG upstreamed to 0.2.19211515-9

May 09th, 2021
    • Security string 2021-05-05
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview on 90.0.4430.82
    • microG flavor only: Bromite System Webview on 90.0.4430.204
    • microG flavor only: microG upstreamed (no version upgrade)
    • microG flavor only: AuroraServices updated 1.1.1

April 11th, 2021
    • Security string 2021-04-05
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview on 89.0.4389.105
    • microG flavor only: Bromite System Webview on 90.0.4430.59
    • microG flavor only: F-Droid updated to 1.12
    • microG flavor only: AuroraStore updated to 4.0.4 with AuroraService 1.1.0

March 08th, 2021
    • Security string 2021-03-05
    • microG flavor only: Bromite System Webview on 88.0.4324.207
    • microG flavor only: F-Droid 1.11
    • microG flavor only: microG 0.2.18.204714

February 07th, 2021
    • ASB Security string 2021-02-05
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview on 88.0.4324.141
    • microG flavor only: Updated microG from upstream to 0.2.17.204714-5
    • microG flavor only: F-Droid updated to 1.10-alpha-234

January 17th, 2021
    • ASB Security string 2021-01-05
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview on 87.0.4280.101 & fix of persistent histograms eating disk space
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview on 87.0.4280.131
    • microG flavor only: Updated microG from upstream to 0.2.16.204713-10 (picked until 2f29b93)
    • microG flavor only: F-Droid updated to 1.10-alpha1-212

December 18th, 2020
    • ASB Security string 2020-12-05
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview on 86.0.4240.198
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview on 87.0.4280.68
    • microG flavor only: Updated microG from upstream to 0.2.14.204215-15 (picked until 720b089)
    • microG flavor only: F-Droid updated to 1.10-alpha1-114

November 08th, 2020
    • ASB Security string 2020-11-05
    • Fix of AOSP E-Mail widget
    • Fix for CVE-2020-15999
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview 86.0.4240.185
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview on 86.0.4240.181
    • microG flavor only: Updated microG with fixes in GCM and EN API
    • microG flavor only: Replaced weak F-Droid signatures with ROM's V2 signatures

October 12th, 2020
    • ASB Security string 2020-10-05
    • Updated TimeService.apk
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview on 86.0.4240.73
    • microG flavor only: updated microG with included Exposure notification API (for Covid tracing apps)

September 14th, 2020
    • ASB Security string 2020-09-05
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview on 85.0.4183.101
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview on 85.0.4183.86

August 9th, 2020
    • ASB Security string 2020-08-05
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview on 84.0.4147.89
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview on 84.0.4147.113

July 12th, 2020
    • ASB Security string 2020-07-05
    • microG flavor only: updated prebuilt microG GmsCore fom /e/ project to fix FCM registration issues
    • microG flavor only: F-Droid updated to 1.8 / F-Droid privileged extension updated to 0.2.11
    • microG flavor only: Aurorastore updated to 3.2.9 / AuroraServices updated to 1.0.6

June 09th, 2020
    • ASB Security string 2020-06-05
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview on 81.0.4044.138
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview on 83.0.4103.76

May 07th, 2020
    • ASB Security string 2020-05-05
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview on 81.0.4044.117
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview on 81.0.4044.127
    • microG flavor only: AuroraStore updated to 3.2.8

April 10th, 2020
    • ASB Security string 2020-04-05
    • Fix for CVE-2020-8597 (external/ppp)
    • Kernel: CVE-2019-10638 siphash 128bit for IP generation
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview on 80.0.3987.132
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview on 81.0.4044.76
    • microG flavor only: AuroraStore updated to 3.2.4

March 07th, 2020
    • ASB Security string 2020-03-05
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview on 80.0.3987.117
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview on 80.0.3987.118
    • microG flavor only: AuroraStore updated to 3.2.0
    • microG flavor only: Added Netguard app (F-Droid version) to SELinux domain allowing to access /proc/net

February 07th, 2020
    • ASB Security string 2020-02-01
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview on 79.0.3945.136
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview on 79.0.3945.139
    • microG flavor only: AuroraStore updated to 3.1.8

January 13th, 2020
    • ASB Security string 2020-01-05
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview on 79.0.3945.116
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview on 79.0.3945.107
    • microG flavor only: AuroraStore updated to 3.1.7
    • microG flavor only: AuroraServices updated to 1.0.5

December 7th, 2019
    • ASB Security string 2019-12-05
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview on 78.0.3904.96
    • microG flavor only: AuroraStore updated to 3.1.5

November 10th, 2019
    • ASB Security string 2019-11-05
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview on 78.0.3904.72
    • microG flavor only: microG GMS core updated to 0.2.9

October 15th, 2019
    • ASB Security string 2019-10-05
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview on 77.0.3865.92
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview on 77.0.3865.104
    • microG flavor only: AuroraStore updated to 3.1.3

September 10th, 2019
    • ASB Security string 2019-09-05
    • Standard flavor only: System Webview on 76.0.3809.111
    • microG flavor only: AuroraServices updated to 1.0.4

August 11th, 2019
    • ASB Security string 2019-08-05
    • Additional patches from AOSP branch 'nougat-mr2-security-release'
    • OTA Support
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview on 76.0.3809.100
    • microG flavor only: Aurorastore 3.0.9 with AuroraServices install method

July 5th, 2019
    • ASB Security string 2019-07-05
    • System Webview updated to 75.0.3770.101 (non-microG flavor)
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview on 75.0.3770.109

June 12th, 2019
    • ASB Security string 2019-06-05
    • System Webview updated to 74.0.3729.157 (non-microG flavor)
    • microG flavor only: Bromite Webview on 75.0.3770.86
    • microG flavor only: Replaced Yalpstore with Aurorastore
    • microG flavor only: Updated F-Droid & priv. extension
    • microG flavor only: Updated microG GMS core 0.2.7.x

May 8th, 2019
    • Security string 2019-05-05
    • System Webview M74
    • 2nd build variant: "hardened microG build"

April 8th, 2019
    • Security string 2019-04-05

March 12th, 2019
    • Security string 2019-03-05
    • Android System Webview updated to M72 (includes CVE-2019-5786)

February 8th, 2019
    • Security string 2019-02-05
    • Android System Webview M71
    • Kernel updated with many security patches
    • Additional Spectre V1 mitigations for the kernel

January 12th, 2019
    • Security string 2019-01-05

December 8th, 2018
    • Security string 2018-12-05
    • Fix of 'adb root' bug

November 8th, 2018
    • Security string 2018-11-05

October 20th, 2018
    • Security string 2018-10-05
    • Android System Webview M69

September 9th, 2018
    • Security string 2018-09-05

August 10th, 2018
    • Security string 2018-08-05

July 24th, 2018
    • Security string 2018-07-05
    • System certificates from Oreo AOSP branch

June 24th, 2018
    Initial creation
    • Security string 2018-06-05
    • AOSP tag 7.2.1_r36
    • Android System Webview M67
    • microG N patches
    • Patched repositories according to LineageOMS project to support substratum
    New builds with April 2020 ASB

Hi all,
    new builds are ready and are already offered through the updater app as OTA update:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...1-20200410-UNOFFICIAL-oms-falcon.zip/download
    • Kernel: CVE-2019-10638 siphash 128bit for IP generation *
    • System Webview on 80.0.3987.132

https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...0200409-UNOFFICIAL-mG-oms-falcon.zip/download
    • Kernel: CVE-2019-10638 siphash 128bit for IP generation *
    • Bromite Webview on 81.0.4044.76
    • AuroraStore updated to 3.2.4

Cheers, M.

Hi all,

new builds are ready for download and also already offered for OTA update through the updater app:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...1-20200607-UNOFFICIAL-oms-falcon.zip/download
    • Sec. string 2020-06-05
    • System Webview on 81.0.4044.138

https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...0200605-UNOFFICIAL-mG-oms-falcon.zip/download
    • Sec. string 2020-06-05
    • Bromite Webview on 83.0.4103.76

Note:
    This time, there haven't been any platform patches, as all published patches were already pushed by Google in a previous tag upstream and already back ported.
    New builds with May 2020 ASB

Hi all,
    new builds are ready and are already offered through the updater app as OTA update:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...1-20200507-UNOFFICIAL-oms-falcon.zip/download
    • System Webview on 81.0.4044.117

https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...0200507-UNOFFICIAL-mG-oms-falcon.zip/download
    • Bromite Webview on 81.0.4044.127
    • AuroraStore updated to 3.2.8

Cheers, M.