[rom] lineageos 14.1

Search This thread
Actually I was able to flash your TWRP recovery .img using Rom Installer from JRummy. Flashify wouldn't work and terminal emulator didn't work either. I actually got everything done but now for some reason WiFi no longer works on your rom? It says it's disabled from settings and won't turn on. Was it because I used Rom Installer to flash the recovery and not bootloader using fastboot or something else?

Right after I flashed rom, I flashed nano Gaaps but also flashed magisk manager for root but then I wiped cache and davlik like you said. Did I do something wrong in the process?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Your right It doesn't work. Try the one from Sept. on post #49. I'll look into it.

Last edited:

QkTreasures

Dec 19, 2009
Villa Park IL
www.linkedin.com
Do a fresh install. You generally can't backwards dirty flash. You'll probably bootloop.
Ok I'll try that. So is the only thing different with Sept and Nov update just the security update or anything else? Also I wished someone was still developing for the att LG Optimus G Pro E980 as it was a note 2 rival back in it's time.

I have 2 sitting in a draw but android 4.4 KitKat is just no good on it. Well I guess the only thing it's got going now is the IR blaster for the remote. Would it even be possible for me to make a lineage 13 or 14 rom on it by myself? Thanks again.

PS I also have a LG V20, V30 & now V60 too. I've grown found of LG phones over the years.

Ok I'll try that. So is the only thing different with Sept and Nov update just the security update or anything else? Also I wished someone was still developing for the att LG Optimus G Pro E980 as it was a note 2 rival back in it's time.

I have 2 sitting in a draw but android 4.4 KitKat is just no good on it. Well I guess the only thing it's got going now is the IR blaster for the remote. Would it even be possible for me to make a lineage 13 or 14 rom on it by myself? Thanks again.

PS I also have a LG V20, V30 & now V60 too. I've grown found of LG phones over the years.

There's no changes other than the security patch update. I'm not a coder myself, I just learned how to make updates by reading and reading. I also learned there's very little difference between the atrix hd, razr hd, photon q and razr m other than some changes to the build.prop. I took a repository that made the razr m unique and changed what was needed for these other phones. I then uploaded them to Github where I can sync with the Lineage repository. I've been tinkering with LOS 15.1 for a while but they changed the way it builds which requires knowledge of Java to make changes to the device tree and other modules. If you want to try to learn I would start with a newer phone you have like the V20 which is still supported and read the instructions how to build for yourself. Pick your device of choice at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/

BTW just installed Sept. update and wifi works fine.

Last edited:

QkTreasures

Dec 19, 2009
Villa Park IL
www.linkedin.com
There's no changes other than the security patch update. I'm not a coder myself, I just learned how to make updates by reading and reading. I also learned there's very little difference between the atrix hd, razr hd, photon q and razr m other than some changes to the build.prop. I took a repository that made the razr m unique and changed what was needed for these other phones. I then uploaded them to Github where I can sync with the Lineage repository. I've been tinkering with LOS 15.1 for a while but they changed the way it builds which requires knowledge of Java to make changes to the device tree and other modules. If you want to try to learn I would start with a newer phone you have like the V20 which is still supported and read the instructions how to build for yourself. Pick your device of choice at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/
Thanks again. Well best of luck on the lineage 15.

QkTreasures

Dec 19, 2009
Villa Park IL
www.linkedin.com

BTW just installed Sept. update and wifi works fine.
Ok so I flashed the Sept update and Wi-Fi is working again. Unfortunately the HDMI out doesn't work. I don't believe that it's a bad cable because it works with a Microsoft surface device. Even with the lineage 13 rom it failed to work too. It only worked for me on Android 5.0 & below. Do you think there is anything in particular that I need to do to get it to work? Thanks again for all your help BTW.

Edit: So I installed a T-Mobile SIM card and it automatically selected the right APN and gets data plus texts so I would assume calls work but I'll test soon.

Last edited:
Ok so I flashed the Sept update and Wi-Fi is working again. Unfortunately the HDMI out doesn't work. I don't believe that it's a bad cable because it works with a Microsoft surface device. Even with the lineage 13 rom it failed to work too. It only worked for me on Android 5.0 & below. Do you think there is anything in particular that I need to do to get it to work? Thanks again for all your help BTW.

I can't say why It doesn't work for you. I Just made a new build and wifi works again. I dirty flashed over Sept. build and plugged into HDMI and it pops right up on screen. Is it possible that the newer roms need an hdcp compliant cable?? Try a different monitor or possibly a different cable. I'll upload this latest rom in the morning.

QkTreasures

Dec 19, 2009
Villa Park IL
www.linkedin.com
I can't say why It doesn't work for you. I Just made a new build and wifi works again. I dirty flashed over Sept. build and plugged into HDMI and it pops right up on screen. Is it possible that the newer roms need an hdcp compliant cable?? Try a different monitor or possibly a different cable. I'll upload this latest rom in the morning.
Ok thanks

QkTreasures

Dec 19, 2009
Villa Park IL
www.linkedin.com
lineage-14.1-20201221-UNOFFICIAL-mb886

New build up

Dec. 5, 2020 security patch

Md5 bd167bceb2e9e90111470a1144bce61e

Recovery and instructions are in post #15

Thanks again to the Lineage team for the updates.
So am I still able to dirty flash this over the Sept build & then also the Nov build where you fixed the broken WiFi? Also I know this is an old phone and I probably can't expect or ask for much but sometimes it just seems like it's slow and buggy or laggy. Is there anything I can do within the settings maybe just to speed things up slightly or at least make it more responsive I installed the nano g apps so I tried to keep it pretty bear bones. Thanks again for all your work and happy new year! 🎉🎊🗽🥂🎆🎈💃

So am I still able to dirty flash this over the Sept build & then also the Nov build where you fixed the broken WiFi? Also I know this is an old phone and I probably can't expect or ask for much but sometimes it just seems like it's slow and buggy or laggy. Is there anything I can do within the settings maybe just to speed things up slightly or at least make it more responsive I installed the nano g apps so I tried to keep it pretty bear bones. Thanks again for all your work and happy new year! 🎉🎊🗽🥂🎆🎈💃

Yes you can dirty flash over Sept. build. Just make sure you do a backup. As far as being slow If your running gapps it will take a toll on it. Even back on cm12 gapps slowed it down. I don't put gapps on these old phones, if I want an app I can usually find what I want on F-Droid. Also try turning every thing google off, including sync. I have the kernel tweak script that Diamond John used on the razr m but the script also makes changes to the identity of the phone and I don't want to use it.

QkTreasures

Dec 19, 2009
Villa Park IL
www.linkedin.com
Yes you can dirty flash over Sept. build. Just make sure you do a backup. As far as being slow If your running gapps it will take a toll on it. Even back on cm12 gapps slowed it down. I don't put gapps on these old phones, if I want an app I can usually find what I want on F-Droid. Also try turning every thing google off, including sync. I have the kernel tweak script that Diamond John used on the razr m but the script also makes changes to the identity of the phone and I don't want to use it.
Ok so if I want to just get rid of gasps do I need to wipe & reflash rom? Also would pico work better than nano or am I just better off leaving no gasps for the best experience? I used F-Droid many years ago. I mainly just use apkpure.com for my android apk app install outside of play store. Thanks for all your help & keeping my Atrix out of the scrap heap! God's Blessings to you.

Ok so if I want to just get rid of gasps do I need to wipe & reflash rom? Also would pico work better than nano or am I just better off leaving no gasps for the best experience? I used F-Droid many years ago. I mainly just use apkpure.com for my android apk app install outside of play store. Thanks for all your help & keeping my Atrix out of the scrap heap! God's Blessings to you.

You'll have to do a clean install to get rid of gapps as far as I know. Even if you use pico or nano the main core of gapps is still there and thats the resource hog. Pico and nano just gives you less google apps installed on the phone. If you like the gboard you can install it separately and the voice to text still works without the gapps core. I've messed with micro g a bit but never got it to function fully.

QkTreasures

Dec 19, 2009
Villa Park IL
www.linkedin.com
You'll have to do a clean install to get rid of gapps as far as I know. Even if you use pico or nano the main core of gapps is still there and thats the resource hog. Pico and nano just gives you less google apps installed on the phone. If you like the gboard you can install it separately and the voice to text still works without the gapps core. I've messed with micro g a bit but never got it to function fully.
Okay I may give this a go but I really don't use this phone much except for a Roku TV remote maybe a few games and for T-Mobile Tuesday stuff. I guess just keeping it functional helps me to keep it out of the scrap heat since it still works.

dust_off

Dec 23, 2016
Toronto
Actually I was able to flash your TWRP recovery .img using Rom Installer from JRummy. Flashify wouldn't work and terminal emulator didn't work either. I actually got everything done but now for some reason WiFi no longer works on your rom? It says it's disabled from settings and won't turn on. Was it because I used Rom Installer to flash the recovery and not bootloader using fastboot or something else?

Right after I flashed rom, I flashed nano Gaaps but also flashed magisk manager for root but then I wiped cache and davlik like you said. Did I do something wrong in the process?

I used the cwm clockworkmod recovery that supports the f2fs partition creation. Flashed successfully the lineageos 14.1 . gapss took some time to install after flashing, but ok eventually. https://xdaforums.com/atrix-hd/development/cm11-f2fs-philztouch-recovery-t3090698
People, is it true that Atrix HD in USA doesn't work anymore on AT&T VoLTE network? Even with custom ROM?

I used the cwm clockworkmod recovery that supports the f2fs partition creation. Flashed successfully the lineageos 14.1 . gapss took some time to install after flashing, but ok eventually. https://xdaforums.com/atrix-hd/development/cm11-f2fs-philztouch-recovery-t3090698
People, is it true that Atrix HD in USA doesn't work anymore on AT&T VoLTE network? Even with custom ROM?
Here is what kb8no said in the "Clark" forum.

"kb8no said" Here is a screen shot of 18.1 with a working Verizon SIM. No VoLTE toggle and no HD calls working. If you put in an ATT SIM it will be instantly deactivated and you will have to call them to have it reactivated. I tried it 2 times (slow learner). VoLTE at ATT is configured in the SIM and I do not think there is a toggle in settings. I also think the toggle doesn't show if the phone does not support VoLTE as is the case here. I'm not sure he deactivated the toggle on purpose, maybe just won't show when phone does not support it. I pressed him in 17.1 thread about VoLTE so search over there to find his response. No VoLTE on LOS since 14.1.

Maybe you can contact him direct and ask. I don't have AT&T so I don't have first hand knowledge.

lineage-14.1-20220115-UNOFFICIAL

New build up

July. 5, 2021 security patch

lineage-14.1-20220115-UNOFFICIAL-mb886

This will most likely be the last update. Lineage has stopped doing security patches since September.

This also includes VoLTE and VoWifi enabler by edgd1er. I do not have a sim to try the functionality of this so if it works let me know. There may be drivers that the phone just may not have.

Rom: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17825722713688269412

Md5sum: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17825722713688269413

Thanks again to the Lineage team for their hard work to maintain Nougat for as long as they have.
Also thanks to edgd1er for the work on VoLTE enabler.

Reactions: SB200 and dust_off

Top Liked Posts