• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM]LineageOS-14.1_UNOFFICIAL[Nougat][7.1.2][SM-N910P][PG1][1/14/18]

Search This thread

anon1135

Jan 23, 2017
Hello everybody. I am using a zerolemon battery on this rom but for some reason instead of 10,000 mAh the rom is only reading 3,220. Does anyone know whats causing this or what fix there might be?

someone told me before a kernel is needed to support it. I was wondering myself what would happen if it's used on roms without one because I planned on getting a new battery soon too. weird how full stock roms don't need a different kernel which is probably what most of the Amazon reviewers are on. an example of a custom one would be freeza's beastmode kernel which has zerolemon in its title but it's for stock roms only. u can pm me for more info I don't think I'm suppose to be talking about different devs in another's thread much

Last edited:
Reactions: Chad The Pathfinder

themirrorstruth

Mar 11, 2011

In the meantime, for those so inclined, if I haven't linked to this here yet, here's my trltespr build 0825 that some users have found to be more stable than the latest unified builds. For the record, I recommend at least trying the unified build rather than sticking with this or another trltevzw build, as all future development will only happen on the unified build.

lineage-14.1-20170825-UNOFFICIAL-trltespr.zip
Couldn't parse.... No uploado

ripee

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
404 not found
Can't find it!

If you are seeing this error page then the file in question has been deleted from the site and servers. Please contact the developer/uploader for a new link to the file.

Please re-upload the bootloader and modem..

Please read post #5215 in the main thread.

lilferraro

Jul 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
@ripee Im adding missed permission file proprietary/etc/permissions/com.qualcomm.location.xml and adding this line to trlte-common-vendor.mk file (vendor/samsung/trlte-common/proprietary/etc/permissions/com.qualcomm.location.xml:system/etc/permissions/com.qualcomm.location.xml \)

A quick question, Are you and @_mone using local_manifests/trlte.xml for all of the variants? I just want to be up to speed and push the right commit to proper repo if I test this and it works...

ripee

@ripee Im adding missed permission file proprietary/etc/permissions/com.qualcomm.location.xml and adding this line to trlte-common-vendor.mk file (vendor/samsung/trlte-common/proprietary/etc/permissions/com.qualcomm.location.xml:system/etc/permissions/com.qualcomm.location.xml \)

A quick question, Are you and @_mone using local_manifests/trlte.xml for all of the variants? I just want to be up to speed and push the right commit to proper repo if I test this and it works...

You mean like this?

Ya, that's the roomservice I'm using to build.

lbcoach3347

Sep 4, 2008
Ft Lauderdale
OnePlus 7 Pro

Is this supposed to help with gps

lilferraro

Jul 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
You mean like this?

Ya, that's the roomservice I'm using to build.

Yea just like that but i dunno why zion959 had it placed in proprietary files.
Check out thiss commit

My laptop broke so i upgraded to a desktop with an i3 processor @2.90ghz with 8gb of ram and im having build error compiling with jack saying i ran out of memory. that only used to happen wiith 4gb of ram so i dunno why this is happening. my laptop had less specs and compied nougat just fine.
Ill report back if i get a successful build. If it goes well than I will be continuing support for the note 4...

Lastly. Its almost impossible to build oreo from source on note 4 cuz oreo is for 64bit architecture and note 4 is 32bit BUT there might be a way. The nexus 6 Shares the same processor and gpu and being a google device they have official suport for oreo on the same 32bit processor as note 4 so there might be a way and if not I used to port roms that shared the same processor so im sure i can port some good oreo roms.

Stay Tuned!!!!

ripee

Yea just like that but i dunno why zion959 had it placed in proprietary files.
Check out thiss commit

My laptop broke so i upgraded to a desktop with an i3 processor @2.90ghz with 8gb of ram and im having build error compiling with jack saying i ran out of memory. that only used to happen wiith 4gb of ram so i dunno why this is happening. my laptop had less specs and compied nougat just fine.
Ill report back if i get a successful build. If it goes well than I will be continuing support for the note 4...

Lastly. Its almost impossible to build oreo from source on note 4 cuz oreo is for 64bit architecture and note 4 is 32bit BUT there might be a way. The nexus 6 Shares the same processor and gpu and being a google device they have official suport for oreo on the same 32bit processor as note 4 so there might be a way and if not I used to port roms that shared the same processor so im sure i can port some good oreo roms.

Stay Tuned!!!!

Oreo can't be 64-bit only, can it? Aren't other 32-bit devices getting it eventually, like the S5? Anyway, I'll look into this commit tomorrow. I'll put it in the trlte-common blobs folder and see if it helps.

lilferraro

Jul 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Oreo can't be 64-bit only, can it? Aren't other 32-bit devices getting it eventually, like the S5? Anyway, I'll look into this commit tomorrow. I'll put it in the trlte-common blobs folder and see if it helps.

got a sucessful build so i will try it when i get home from work tonight. but i cant directly tell if gps will work 100% cuz i dont have my note 4 activated so when i use gps it is on wifi and device only no network.

Reactions: XORr0

ripee

got a sucessful build so i will try it when i get home from work tonight. but i cant directly tell if gps will work 100% cuz i dont have my note 4 activated so when i use gps it is on wifi and device only no network.

I built one myself with the permissions added. I'll post mine in the main thread.

JudasD

Aug 16, 2007
is the sprint variant still considered more stable than the unified? I moved to the unified back in October. Now that there is a new sprint version is it best to move back? just curious.

Thanks,
JD

len207

Apr 24, 2009

Thanks! I made a dirty install of this ROM over the 8/25/17 Sprint version and GPS continues to work after a bit of time. Also on this build Magicks passes which it would not do with the 8/25 version. When I get a chance I will try a clean install....

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Will you be building LineageOS ROM for the Sprint varient of the Note 4? I'm sure it would be warmly welcomed if you did! Nothing against the general version but it seems sprint phones have their own uniqueness.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 14.1 Nougat
    FOR Sprint Note 4
    SM-N910P

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FQQa2TSa.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Instructions :

Download the latest build and gapps (and su package if you want to root your device)
    Reboot to recovery
    Flash the latest build and gapps
    Flash su package for root privilages
    Reboot

Downloads :

DOWNLOAD ROM

Download Google Apps

Download su addon for root
    -Suaddon is for s6 but confirmed working for note 4-

Reporting Bugs

Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

LineageOS Source

Kernel Source

-Thanks to
    @SaintZ13 For guidance and proprietary blobs
    @underscoremone For kernel
    @Niv71 for previous work on Cyanogenmod
    @ripee for helping with builds ( Maybe We Can make It An Official Device)
    The LineageOS team
    and of course all of you!

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    lilferraro
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2017-03-15
    Last Updated 2018-01-14
    Yeah, I'm really curious what the reason is. Hopefully ripee can let us know.

From how I understand it, I have to prl and profile update before I move from stock to a custom rom not based on stock. Hence dirty flashing without factory reset. But it seems as if I need to do factory reset in order to get onto lineageOS.

You need to clean install any custom rom, coming from stock, due to the user data (account data, settings, etc.) on the Data partition being incompatible with what gets put there by the custom rom.

The bootloader does what its named implies: it loads the operating system so that it boots. The modem contain the internationally standardized code that allows your phone to connect to global cellular networks. This code connects to the RIL code in the rom, giving the rom control over network communications and settings. It's a good idea to keep both up to date, regardless of how old they are relative to the rom build you're flashing, otherwise you could have booting and connection stability problems. Samsung (and it's OEM's) update both more or less regularly, but since the Note 4 is too old to get system updates, bootloader and modem updates are only included with security updates. Because all custom roms receive the latest security updates, it's a good idea to update the bootloader and modem as well. Take note that it doesn't matter from which carrier or country the bootloader or modem comes from. Whatever differences in the versions that Samsung publishes is only due to the OEM's/carriers updating their own stock images on their own schedules, which may or may not be as consistent as Samsung's own updates for the generic variants, ie. trltexx.
    Yes I wiped 4 times(just to be safe lol).
    Can you please link me to magisk?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

I challenge you to google Magisk yourself.