[ROM] LineageOS-16.0-[9.0.0r16] [UNOFFICIAL] Moto G5 Plus- 07/11/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bobbbel

Dec 5, 2008
Moto G5
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Freaking Airwatch!!! That's the one thing I've been trying to get working, and the only reason I even care about Safetynet. I'm currently running Lineage 15.1 with the "SafetyPatch" Magisk module as that's the only way I can pass safetynet, but no matter what I do or hide with Magisk, Airwatch still knows I'm rooted.

Can I ask what ROM you were using that Airwatch was working with prior to dirty flashing?

I was on one of GothivIVs faboulous LOS 15.1 builds:

Gothics build also failed SafetyNet. But Airwatch did work. What you might try - what's working for me - is to remove Magisk (latest uninstaller), get Airwatch and work profile readily set up, enjoy AirWatch. Whenever you need root, disable the work profile, install Magisk, enjoy root. Once you are done, uninstall Magisk. Re-activate work profile. Live. Die. Repeat.

Btw, I havent managed to create a work profile with AirWatch on Pie yet. It'll only work if i dirty flash over an Oreo ROM. Any ideas?

jbradshw

Dec 8, 2010
Atlanta
I was on one of GothivIVs faboulous LOS 15.1 builds:

Gothics build also failed SafetyNet. But Airwatch did work. What you might try - what's working for me - is to remove Magisk (latest uninstaller), get Airwatch and work profile readily set up, enjoy AirWatch. Whenever you need root, disable the work profile, install Magisk, enjoy root. Once you are done, uninstall Magisk. Re-activate work profile. Live. Die. Repeat.

Btw, I havent managed to create a work profile with AirWatch on Pie yet. It'll only work if i dirty flash over an Oreo ROM. Any ideas?

No idea. I've never got to play with Airwatch yet as it's always detected root and uninstalled itself. I'm not sure I want to deal with the hassle of your workaround. I regularly use some Magisk modules (like fbind) that require root that it would be too much of a hassle to constantly go back and forth. :(

Kryztyn

Feb 4, 2019
Public Key?

Hi, why is the latest build signed with a public key? Trust does not seem to like that. Anyway you can use the correct keys in the next build? Thanks!

hotwert

Feb 23, 2011
Yeah sure. Am running it since yesterday. Work flawless. Encryption is now working. SELinux is permissive.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

UtsavIsNotFat ... formerly known as the Utsavthe*C*u*n*t has shared his build. Replace "****" with the last four letters and you've got it.

I flashed the room and it works fine so far.
But for what is the foxusfix?

stark1296

Mar 31, 2018
I flashed the room and it works fine so far.
But for what is the foxusfix?
Nothing for you.
Just flash latest Optimus drunk and forget the rest.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Hi, why is the latest build signed with a public key? Trust does not seem to like that. Anyway you can use the correct keys in the next build? Thanks!
It is unofficial.

Kryztyn

Feb 4, 2019
It is.
Just not fully secured if you have some national secrets or such stuff on your device.
For a normal person, it is a great daily driver.

=/

Uhm, but since the key is public, can't anyone who has the key can modify the firmware? As a daily driver I would want all my apps on there (email, banking). I need someone to be able to better convince me this is good for a daily driver...

http://mil-embedded.com/articles/protecting-systems-unauthorized-software-modifications/
Digital signatures ensure peace of mind
Usually, a boot loader is built into the firmware to update the program. However, in most cases there are no mechanisms implemented to avoid downloading a manipulated program that alters the device’s behavior in a manner not authorized by the manufacturer. The presented mechanisms are an efficient countermeasure to manipulation attacks. Such mechanisms have been successfully implemented in a variety of applications such as the automotive domain[3], the aeronautical domain, and even the mobile phone industry. We strongly suggest implementing the asymmetric cryptographic approach described – based on digital signatures.​

stark1296

Mar 31, 2018
=/

Uhm, but since the key is public, can't anyone who has the key can modify the firmware? As a daily driver I would want all my apps on there (email, banking). I need someone to be able to better convince me this is good for a daily driver...

http://mil-embedded.com/articles/protecting-systems-unauthorized-software-modifications/
Digital signatures ensure peace of mind
Usually, a boot loader is built into the firmware to update the program. However, in most cases there are no mechanisms implemented to avoid downloading a manipulated program that alters the device’s behavior in a manner not authorized by the manufacturer. The presented mechanisms are an efficient countermeasure to manipulation attacks. Such mechanisms have been successfully implemented in a variety of applications such as the automotive domain[3], the aeronautical domain, and even the mobile phone industry. We strongly suggest implementing the asymmetric cryptographic approach described – based on digital signatures.
You really misunderstood the word "keys".
It just is related to the identity to the builder and the officiality of the build, it is NOT any password or stuff like that. Then again, the privacy warning is related to SELinux, NOT release keys.
As per your usage, go for it. And, are you even aware that it was just sometime ago that roms started to get enforced SELinux? And, many roms don't have it even now. Does that make those roms hazardous to your security?

SIMPLE ANSWER : NO! USE THE ROM WITHOUT BEING PARANOID. IT'S SAFE FOR USE.

Kryztyn

Feb 4, 2019
You really misunderstood the word "keys".
It just is related to the identity to the builder and the officiality of the build, it is NOT any password or stuff like that. Then again, the privacy warning is related to SELinux, NOT release keys.
As per your usage, go for it. And, are you even aware that it was just sometime ago that roms started to get enforced SELinux? And, many roms don't have it even now. Does that make those roms hazardous to your security?

SIMPLE ANSWER : NO! USE THE ROM WITHOUT BEING PARANOID. IT'S SAFE FOR USE.

If what you say is true, why does Lineage OS Trust mark it as a security risk?

YOU do not know the difference between PUBLIC and PRIVATE keys,

https://wiki.lineageos.org/signing_builds.html#generating-the-keys
"You should keep these keys safe, and store the passphrase in a secure location."

stark1296

Mar 31, 2018
If what you say is true, why does Lineage OS Trust mark it as a security risk?

YOU do not know the difference between PUBLIC and PRIVATE keys,

https://wiki.lineageos.org/signing_builds.html#generating-the-keys
"You should keep these keys safe, and store the passphrase in a secure location."
Come on. This is all Dev side stuff, nothing you should be worried about. Release keys confirm that the build was compiled by a person official allowed by the lineage team to do so, while as, public keys mean that the one who has compiled that particular build, hasn't been officially certified by lineage team (unofficial builds) and the dev team takes no interest in fixing the issues in those builds plus, maybe, those builds might be fake and brick your device, along with stealing all your private data.
That said, the one who has compiled this build on which we are debating, is a trusted one, he is the official maintainer of revenge os for Potter.

Kryztyn

Feb 4, 2019
Come on. This is all Dev side stuff, nothing you should be worried about. Release keys confirm that the build was compiled by a person official allowed by the lineage team to do so, while as, public keys mean that the one who has compiled that particular build, hasn't been officially certified by lineage team (unofficial builds) and the dev team takes no interest in fixing the issues in those builds plus, maybe, those builds might be fake and brick your device, along with stealing all your private data.
That said, the one who has compiled this build on which we are debating, is a trusted one, he is the official maintainer of revenge os for Potter.

Yes, it is dev stuff. Firmware signed with Public Keys is not meant for PUBLIC use. They are meant for PRIVATE use. It has nothing to do with "being certified by the Lineage team. "

This is from THIS WEBSITE:
https://www.xda-developers.com/lineageos-trust-centralized-interface-security-privacy/
"The Trust interface also warns users when their device is insecure"

ANYONE with the public key can do ANYTHING to firmware signed with that public key..

See this as well:
https://xdaforums.com/lenovo-zuk-z2/development/rom-lineageos-15-1-edition-agustindev-t3810504/page5

It means he is using Google's old signing key, which is available to everyone. The key includes platform, media and a few other subkeys. Platform and media subkeys are reserved for system apps, which have virtually unlimited rights, including root. Now, let's say there is a third party nefarious app that is signed with that platform key. Normally, an app won't have any rights, except for those declared in its manifest. But if it is signed with a platform key, it would have virtually total control over the device. Low probability, but possible. He needs to regenerate signing keys.​

Screw this place. If anyone of you are using this as a daily driver with your personal email, well, you are a dope and get what you deserve.

stark1296

Mar 31, 2018
Yes, it is dev stuff. Firmware signed with Public Keys is not meant for PUBLIC use. They are meant for PRIVATE use. It has nothing to do with "being certified by the Lineage team. "

This is from THIS WEBSITE:
https://www.xda-developers.com/lineageos-trust-centralized-interface-security-privacy/
"The Trust interface also warns users when their device is insecure"

ANYONE with the public key can do ANYTHING to firmware signed with that public key..

See this as well:
https://xdaforums.com/lenovo-zuk-z2/development/rom-lineageos-15-1-edition-agustindev-t3810504/page5

It means he is using Google's old signing key, which is available to everyone. The key includes platform, media and a few other subkeys. Platform and media subkeys are reserved for system apps, which have virtually unlimited rights, including root. Now, let's say there is a third party nefarious app that is signed with that platform key. Normally, an app won't have any rights, except for those declared in its manifest. But if it is signed with a platform key, it would have virtually total control over the device. Low probability, but possible. He needs to regenerate signing keys.

Screw this place. If anyone of you are using this as a daily driver with your personal email, well, you are a dope and get what you deserve.
Fine, just don't flash it then, but at least respect the dev and don't freak others out for nothing. Really experienced Potter devs on telegram Potter group have flashed it and we're using it as daily driver till some better options became available to them.
Do you mean to say that they all are fools?

If you are so paranoid, custom rom flashing isn't for you.
Also, are you aware that the moment you decrypted your device, then too, it became vulnerable to many types of threats?

Last edited:

Kryztyn

Feb 4, 2019
Fine, just don't flash it then, but at least respect the dev and don't freak others out for nothing. Really experienced Potter devs on telegram Potter group have flashed it and we're using it as daily driver till some better options became available to them.
Do you mean to say that they all are fools?

If you are so paranoid, custom rom flashing isn't for you.
Also, are you aware that the moment you decrypted your device, then too, it became vulnerable to many types of threats?

I flashed it, saw that IT IS WAS SECURITY RISK, then I wiped my phone. Why should I respect a dev who is making unsecure software (and MIGHT be using it for their own illegal purposes). I am not saying they are fools, I am saying they might be WAY smarter than you. Or maybe you are part of it as well. I have no idea who you are, why should I act with TRUST towards you before suspicion, just because you complied some software? It is not being paranoid, it is being realistic.

I am freaking people out over SOMETHING. If it was NOTHING then the Trust app would not say it was something.

Oh well, I did my due diligence. I would not put my personal email on a device with firmware signed with a public key.

stark1296

Mar 31, 2018
I flashed it, saw that IT IS WAS SECURITY RISK, then I wiped my phone. Why should I respect a dev who is making unsecure software (and MIGHT be using it for their own illegal purposes). I am not saying they are fools, I am saying they might be WAY smarter than you. Or maybe you are part of it as well. I have no idea who you are, why should I act with TRUST towards you before suspicion, just because you complied some software? It is not being paranoid, it is being realistic.

I am freaking people out over SOMETHING. If it was NOTHING then the Trust app would not say it was something.

Oh well, I did my due diligence. I would not put my personal email on a device with firmware signed with a public key.
Then get the hell out of XDA.
Don't you ever question them. I have been flashing their roms for a long time now, and, all my data is totally safe.
Plus, what is root for?
You can reinforce your security using root. If you are going to ask how, you better Google it as I'm not going to explain all of it.

Kryztyn

Feb 4, 2019
Then get the hell out of XDA.
Don't you ever question them. I have been flashing their roms for a long time now, and, all my data is totally safe.
Plus, what is root for?
You can reinforce your security using root. If you are going to ask how, you better Google it as I'm not going to explain all of it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAA! How the hell do you know your data is safe? It might be out there but just not exploited yet! But ok, no worries. I am gone. Last reply. I couldn't help it.

debdeep98

Jan 19, 2018
IN
Realme 6 Pro
HAHAHAHAHAHAA! How the hell do you know your data is safe? It might be out there but just not exploited yet! But ok, no worries. I am gone. Last reply. I couldn't help it.

You don't trust a dev or a ROM then don't flash it but don't disrespect other people or devs. Stick to the rules mate. If you are so worried about the data then use the Stock ROM.

Reactions: stark1296

Darkguy

Sep 11, 2006
Vienna
Maybe in order to get the discussion back on topic: where could I find the Telegram channel about this ROM where new builds are being shared? Is this public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • IR Blaster
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • Volte

Known issues:
    • NFC fixed in 07/10/18 update
    • Navigation bar toggle fixed in 07/10/18 update
      [
      *] Encryption

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 16.0, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
    sandy108, kubersharma, anshuman_1, Gtrcraft , vache
    Source Code: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_motorola_msm8953/tree/arrow-9.x

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: Lineage

Version Information

Created 2018-10-02
    Last Updated 2018-10-07

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 16.0, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
    sandy108
    Source Code: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_motorola_msm8953

ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Oreo Firmware

Version Information

Created 2018-11-07
    Last Updated 2018-11-07
    New update is up peeps :
    Change log :
    navbar toggle fixed
    updates from lineage source
    tons of new blobs better clean flash

Download :
    https://goo.gl/G8HsnX
    New update is up

Changelogs
    > Tons of changes from Lineage Sources
    > Changes from DT and Vendor

I recommend a clean flash
    Download Link in the OP
    Contact me on telegram @TheNewGuyHere for instant support :)
    Heya people!

Just a heads up, that we are moving to Stock Oreo's firmware, so it's better that you update to it for the upcoming Pie Roms.

Nick (GtrCraft) has already released a new GZOSP Pie build with the change (and i hope upcoming roms too) and has also made a specific zip for those who wanna update FP Firmware without going full stock.

Update to Oreo Firmware's FP firmware
    Size: 582KB
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262904029635

Downgrade to Nougat's FP firmware
    Size: 467.8KB
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262904029634

Big thanks to Nick (GtrCraft) for the zips!
    Ah 700 posts and you are asking that question.
    All roms that aren't stock are 64 bit.

Really? And just what have you been smoking? His question was a valid one.