[ROM][LineageOS 16.0][Android 9 for SM-T235, SM-T235Y][degaslte]

Search This thread

rambokevil

Apr 29, 2014
and do you know some rom android 5 for t230,t230nu or t231
Thanks
sounds like you are really looking forward to installing a newer ROM. I have a solution but it'll cost you $30 on AliExpress. Last month I bought a T235 main board from AliExpress. I swapped out my t230 main board, updated to the latest Samsung firmware, and flashed this Lineage OS on it. I don't think there's anymore updates for T230 because the source code wasn't released (I could be wrong).

Reactions: html6405

FudaJ

Jul 5, 2022
Hello everyone
I used to flash the Lineage16/NikgApps Pico/GBOARD SIGNED, but the input method cannot work.

Now I want to update NikgApps-BASIC, but the "home key" cannot work, do there be other ways of T235Y to enter TWRP ? thanks

Use files:
lineage-16.0-20220110-HTML6405-DEGASLTE
Nikgapps-Pico-ARM64-9-20201231-SIGNED
GBOARD-SIGNED

affter333

Apr 15, 2015
Hi: just flashed the rom, but the file system seemed broken,
When accessing gallery or camera , always showed

1. (no external storage available)
2. (/storage/emulated/0/) Prohibited

Seems like all the apps don't have permission to access dir.

Any ideas?

PS: I wiped system & data before install.

affter333

Apr 15, 2015
Hi: just flashed the rom, but the file system seemed broken,
When accessing gallery or camera , always showed

1. (no external storage available)
2. (/storage/emulated/0/) Prohibited

Seems like all the apps don't have permission to access dir.

Any ideas?

PS: I wiped system & data before install.
Solved by using newest TWRP..

lm089

Hi all,
a friend gave me an old SM-T235 (Tab 4 7.0 LTE) completely reset to stock Android 5.1.1. It appears to be in very good condition, incl. battery etc. So I'm planning to flash this ROM here to possibly replace my old and sloooow Sony Xperia Tablet Z (also running on LOS 16, so I'm used to that).
I feel quite experienced when it comes to unlocking / rooting / flashing custom ROMs and Recoveries, but this is my first Samsung device ever, and it behaves a bit differently compared to my other devices (2 old Xperias + a OnePlus 6).
I read the flashing instructions at the OP here and basically everything is clear - apart from the fact, that the instructions are solely referring to some Galaxy Notes 10.1 devices (incl. links to Note-specific TWRP versions etc; bit I know how to find the correct TWRP version for my tab 4, that's no problem). Can I still be sure to proceed as is described there? I mean, is it really true that I don't have to unlock bootloader or something like that, can I really just flash TWRP from ODIN and then flash LOS from there, and that's it?

I posted some more device specific questions in the device's Q&A section - many views, but no answers so far. I would be quite happy if at least some of them could be answered

Cheers and thanks in advance!

lm089

Hm, no answers to my questions. So I just tried, but for some reason TWRP won't be installed, no error messages, but rebooting to recovery just gets me back to the original Samsung recovery.
Details:
  • installed ODIN3_v3.14.4 and Samsung drivers V 1.7.56.0
  • booted device into download mode using <Home>-<Vol-Down>->Power>
  • connected device and started Odin
  • switched off auto reboot under "options", loaded twrp-3.5.2_9-0-degaslte.tar into AP slot then hit START
  • Odin flashed then showed a blue RESET note followed by a green PASS
  • disconnected the device and rebooted using <Vol-Down>-<Power> (<Vol-Up> doesn't do anything on my device)
  • held <Vol-Up> just before boot
Result: Samsung recovery or system. Reboot to recovery through ADB again gets me into Samsung recovery

I as well tried to flash twrp-3.6.0_9-degaslte.tar.md5, with the same non-result.

Where could I have gone wrong?

BTW: current ROM is Samsung stock V5.1.1. I just wiped data/did a factory reset from Samsung recovery, then tried again. But no success.

EDIT: don't really know, but somehow I managed to solve this and get into freshly installed TWRP 3.5.2, from there flashed latest LOS16 + MindTheGapps.

Last edited:

lm089

Cannot connect adb to device while in TWRP recovery, i.e. "adb devices" returns nothing. With all my other devices adb connects fine to device in recovery. I can establish file level connect from windows explorer to tab4 in TWRP/recovery mode, and also can start adb sideload.
adb connect is fine while in system (LOS 16).
Anyone else can connect adb while in TWRP recovery? Or is this possibly a restriction of the device's TWRP flavour?

Tried both TWRP 3.5.2 and TWRP 3.6.0

Last edited:

higger

Feb 28, 2018
Hello everyone
I used to flash the Lineage16/NikgApps Pico/GBOARD SIGNED, but the input method cannot work.

Now I want to update NikgApps-BASIC, but the "home key" cannot work, do there be other ways of T235Y to enter TWRP ? thanks

Use files:
lineage-16.0-20220110-HTML6405-DEGASLTE
Nikgapps-Pico-ARM64-9-20201231-SIGNED
GBOARD-SIGNED
I have dealt with many TAB4s, although most of the home buttons seem to be broken, but they are not broken, you just need to take a pencil and press it with the eraser part, maybe a little harder, it will be fine in use.good luck~

lm089

Hi, yet another problem, this time with the camera:
as soon as I use an utility app that tries to access the camera (like Google or Microsoft Authenticator, or some generic QR code scanner) the camera starts showing whatever is there before the lens. Then after ~1 sec. the camera overlay freezes and I have to kill the utility app. From then on until next system reboot the camera itself is dead; depending on the app used an error is shown, or the screen just stays black. One QR code scanner just gives a "cannot start the camera", the defaul camera app gives toast message which disappears too quick to read the message. OpenCamera (if installed) says something like "Error opening the camera. Camera is probably in use from a different app? ID:0"
I have both the LOS default camera app and OpenCamera. I deactivate them on turns so that I don't run into any conflict between the two.
After a fresh system reboot I can use both camera apps (even if they are both activated) without any problems, it's just the other "utility" apps that are giving me trouble.
I'll attach logcat and dmesg taken right after I crashed the camera; not sure whether this is helpful

But the main question: has anyone else experienced something like this? Could it help to try and re-install latest Samsung firmware then re-install this ROM (device was runing latest stock 5.1.1 before I flashed TWRP and LOS16)? Or any other way to try and fix this?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: in case I would flash latest firmware I guess I'll have to wipe / factory reset everything, right?

Last edited:

lm089

EDIT: in case I would flash latest firmware I guess I'll have to wipe / factory reset everything, right?
OK, so I finally did it: factory reset then flash latest stock firmware through Odin.
Did a basic setup auf then Android 5.1.1, installed Google Authenticator.
Tested default Samsung camera >> working fine
Started Google Authenticator, started the QR Code scanner >> working fine
Then back to Download mode >> flashed TWRP >> reboot to recovery
Flashed LOS 16 (this ROM, latest build 20220110) + MindTheGapps 9.0 arm (build 20190615, couldn't find a newer version)
Boot to system, basic setup, did not install any apps yetm test Camera >> OK
Installed Authenticator, started QR Code scanner >> camera freezes after ~1 second
Have to reboot device to have camera working
Randomly tried several QR code scanners and other apps with access to the camera but it's always the same.
Apart from the test apps no other custom apps are installed, device is not rooted. So it is basically in it's default state.

If anyone with that device and running this ROM is reading this: would you please be so kind and run a simple test like the one explained above? Is that happening on your device as well?
If not: which flavour of Gapps did you initially flash?
Thanks for any help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my LineageOS 16.0 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0.

This ROM fits only for the SM-T235 and SM-T235Y, not for the SM-T230 and SM-T231 (different chipset).

At first I want to thank @spookcity138 for your work on the kminilte,
    I've reused some things here from you.
    For sure thanks to everyone else who ever worked on the Exynos3470.

Here you can see what's working / not working so far:

• Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Boot
    • Cameras
    • Graphics
    • GPS, not sure if completely
    • Mobile data
    • OTA Updates
    • RIL
    • Sensor
    • Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    • USB
    • Video playback (HW/SW)
    • Wifi
    • Hardware overlay's, disabled by default

If you are going to use Gapps,
    I recommend to use the pico package!
    https://opengapps.org/
    For the others, you can use microG if you want, I've enabled signature spoofing.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /system/etc/gps.conf.
    Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
    For both methods you need root rights.
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][9.x][T235/T235Y][STABLE] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0

Contributors
    html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Release Date:
    2021-05-18

Created 2021-05-18
    Last Updated 2022-01-10
    Update 10.01.2022:
    • Synced with LineageOS sources (security bulletin 05.12.2021)
    • Fixed low storage reboot behaviour
    • Switched selinux partly to enforcing (permissive boot), I plan to make it completely enforcing
    • Builded TWRP 3.6.0_9
    Just tell me if you have any problems.
    Update 17.09.2021:
    • Disabled hw overlay's by default, this will improve the stability
    Update 16.09.2021:
    • Fixed bugreport crash in Kernel
    • Implemented OTG cable type fixes in Kernel
    • Synced system with latest LOS16 sources
    • Fixed GPS 3D FIX
    • Fixed GPSD wakelock, now the battery lifetime should be improved a lot
    • Wrote many selinux rules, we can switch to enforcing soon
    I noticed another issue. After any restart (whether the random one or manually done) the WiFi always requires to be manually activated two times to connect. The first time it is activated it looks like it is connecting but then it disables. The second time it connects correctly.