• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][LineageOS 16.0][Android 9 for SM-T235, SM-T235Y][degaslte]

Search This thread

Selicular

Jan 16, 2021
Canada
Flashed recovery.img on top of existing version of TWRP and got stuck in a bootloop with no recovery. I can get into download mode but odin refuses to setup a connection on two different pcs with many different cables. Anything I can try?

wEER1234

Oct 18, 2019
After using for several days here are my thoughts:

I am suprised to see this rom is smooth on this old device which was released close to a decade back. Some parts of the OS did have hicups but most of it was very smooth. I have not tested gaming for obvious reasons, but for a streaming and checking social media this OS is good enough for that purpose.

The battery is excellent, totally wasnt expecting this!

I am glad the rotation works in this OS, my previous rom was the Android 6 ROM which had broken rotation support.

Not everything is perfect about this ROM and yes I did notice some parts where the OS would'nt respond.

Every now and then the OS runs out of memory causing the device to crash and restart. totally expected from a device like this but I hope someone has a way to handle memory more efficiently.

Mobile data sometimes crashes the signal bars are there but like the tablet wouldnt connect to a network like LTE, 3G. (Keep in mind only happened to me once, quick restart fixed it)

Those are some of the noticable stuff i found using this ROM, but end of the day thank you so much for the dev who made this! Your work contributes alot for the people still using this old device.

Thank you html6405 !

Reactions: html6405

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Every now and then the OS runs out of memory causing the device to crash and restart. totally expected from a device like this but I hope someone has a way to handle memory more efficiently.
Thanks for your feedback,
what we could try next is to configure this devices as a low ram device, but side effects would be:

no multiuser support
no picture in picture support

Reactions: prkfsz

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
is it just on my unit that videos (for instance on New Pipe) 720p and above are hacking a lot?
Hmm I don't know, but it could depend on the video format the app uses.
If the device need's to software decode, it will run less smooth as it would via hardware decoding.
Weren't there apps that can help make a part of an extern sd card work as ram?
I guess you mean swap, this is already integrated. (it's not good to keep much data in swap, because our internal memory is really slow)

Last edited:

matteo0026

Jul 1, 2015
Treviso
Lenovo P2
BQ Aquaris X Pro
Any chance there will be a non LTE version of this ROM uploaded at some point (T530NU)?

Thank you!

It exists since more than one year...

Bluefire20216

Jun 27, 2021
Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Hi,

here you can find my LineageOS 16.0 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0.
At first I want to thank @spookcity138 for your work on the kminilte,
I've reused some things here from you.
For sure thanks to everyone else who ever worked on the Exynos3470.

I'm working hard to provide you a stable version soon.

Here you can see what's working / not working so far:

• Audio
  • Bluetooth
  • Boot
  • Cameras
  • Graphics
  • GPS, not sure if completely
  • Mobile data
  • OTA Updates
  • RIL
  • Sensor
  • Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
  • USB
  • Video playback (HW/SW)
  • Wifi
  • Maybe something

If you are going to use Gapps,
I recommend to use the pico package!
https://opengapps.org/
For the others, you can use microG if you want, I've enabled signature spoofing.

Do you like my work?
Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /system/etc/gps.conf.
Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
For both methods you need root rights.
XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][9.x][T235/T235Y][BETA] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0

Contributors
html6405
Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Beta
Release Date: 2021-05-18

Created 2021-05-18
Last Updated 2021-05-21

which functions are not yet possible with Android 9 pie on the SM-T235 Tab 4 ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks a lot - this ROM was unexpected!
    Are you using the latest version?
    Because it included a Bluetooth fix.

You can download my LineageOS at the starting post and for Android 7 you need to search in the development forum.

Where can I download the Android 9pie and also the Android 7 Nougat for the SM-235?

Do you have a link for me, please?

Are you using the most recent version?
    Because there was a bluetooth fix included.

You can download my LineageOS at the start post and for android 7 you have to look in the development forum.

Thank you for saving my Tab4, thanks for your work. Also that you got the last errors with bluetooth. Have you also developed an Android for the SM-T211 and SM-T230? My friend still has such devices and would prefer Android 9pie for them
    Have you also developed an Android for the SM-T211 and SM-T230? My friend still has such devices and would prefer Android 9pie for them
    No I'm sorry, these devices are having a different SOC and I don't own one of them, so I cant.
    Hi, can you port or propose new google caller.

Whit a Floating Bubble Feature​

I'm sorry I can't.
    Seems like T230 and T235 have different chipsets. I guess can't install this.

Is there any way to modify this for T230? Is it going to be very complicated? I have no experience but I might want to give it a try if it's not going to be too hard.

Please advise.
    No like I've already mentioned, these devices are having a different SOC.
    This mean's that we would need to build an own compatible kernel and also HAL's for it.
    So there's no way just to modify this ROM.
    Hello, i have a problem when installing the TWRP, my device won't restart when holding power and volume up (with or without home button too) after installing it with Odin.

Odin's flash is success with a green pass message, but it's impossible to reboot after that. The only way to reboot is to hold power and volume down, but it re-write the official recovery, and the device boot normally.

The auto-reboot option in Odin works, but has the same result as mentionned before with the official recovery.

I have a SM-T235 model, Odin v3.14.4, twrp 3.5.2_9.0degaslte.tar, (i tried with older versions too, 2.8.0/3.0.0), don't know what i'm doing wrong. :(

I already did a factory reset too, nothing changes.
    The recovery boot work, but never after the flash with Odin and the twrp 3.5.2.

Edit: Ok, i don't know why, but after a last try and the same method i did thousand times before, the twrp correctly install himself. I exactly did the same methods i used before, weird.
    LineageOS 16.0 and Gapps are installed, will see if it's work perfectly. :D
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my LineageOS 16.0 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0.
    At first I want to thank @spookcity138 for your work on the kminilte,
    I've reused some things here from you.
    For sure thanks to everyone else who ever worked on the Exynos3470.

I'm working hard to provide you a stable version soon.

Here you can see what's working / not working so far:

• Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Boot
    • Cameras
    • Graphics
    • GPS, not sure if completely
    • Mobile data
    • OTA Updates
    • RIL
    • Sensor
    • Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    • USB
    • Video playback (HW/SW)
    • Wifi
    • Maybe something

If you are going to use Gapps,
    I recommend to use the pico package!
    https://opengapps.org/
    For the others, you can use microG if you want, I've enabled signature spoofing.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /system/etc/gps.conf.
    Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
    For both methods you need root rights.
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][9.x][T235/T235Y][BETA] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0

Contributors
    html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta
    Release Date: 2021-05-18

Created 2021-05-18
    Last Updated 2021-07-24
    *Reserved,

First builds are up.
    Will gladly try your ROM but i will have to wait untill the weekend..
    I'm testing it since yesterday and I have to say I'm really satisfied,
    as soon as I have fixed the camera's, mobile data and the acceleration sensor, this ROM should be great.
    Btw, did you have any use of the old marshmallow for it?
    Nope :),
    never tried this, you can set the font size as it should be in LOS, just try it if it's big enough ;).
    Update 19.05.2021:
    • Programmed new open source HAL for the acceleration sensor, screen rotation is working now.