[ROM] LineageOS 16.0 for S10E/S10/S10+ Exynos

Search This thread

realityexists

Jul 7, 2017
I actually tried that and it has the same problem (reboot to recovery -> boot loop) but I stupidly assumed it's a beta bug and it would work on the more stable LOS 16, because it worked fine on LOS 14 on my old phone. In addition to that, I can't root LOS 17 and I need root to restore data from certain apps.

Keule-Tm

Oct 3, 2016
Berlin
Samsung Galaxy S10
I actually tried that and it has the same problem (reboot to recovery -> boot loop) but I stupidly assumed it's a beta bug and it would work on the more stable LOS 16, because it worked fine on LOS 14 on my old phone. In addition to that, I can't root LOS 17 and I need root to restore data from certain apps.
I use the Magisk image by Ivan, got no worries with it.

phaze3131

Feb 11, 2010
Trying to downgrade to android 9, but I can't figure out this code of ASIG and ASII and the other ones. Been googling for 20 minutes.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Keule-Tm

Oct 3, 2016
Berlin
Samsung Galaxy S10
Trying to downgrade to android 9, but I can't figure out this code of ASIG and ASII and the other ones. Been googling for 20 minutes.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
It's about the baseband version (or was it bootloader?). Have a look at the software information page in settings.
You would need to download an old firmware file (name ending with ASIG/ASII), flash it via Odin, and proceed with step one.

goodflood

• Aug 25, 2012
    Nevermind... Post #505 should help : )
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=81727315&postcount=505

+++++++++

Hello!

I am coming from LOS 16.

Helps me to re-write the instructions:

Code:
    Install Q stock rom (BTA8)
    Flash TWRP 
    Flash multi-disabler
    Format data; wipe cache, dalvik, system
    Flash LineageOS; Flash gapps
    Reboot

Questions:

1. So, first I back up date, then flash Q stock using odin. How do I flash TWRP? Odin?

2. So, I am neither inserting TWRP recovery nor creating a patched_AP file anymore?

3. Once, I have TWRP and can boot into it... I should be good to go with flashing the remaining step... (not really a question, LOL)

4. Is root built into the ROM?

5. Going to try microg with aurora store. If I need to, can I later dirty flash rom on top and install gapps?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Keule-Tm

Oct 3, 2016
    Berlin
    Samsung Galaxy S10
    Nevermind... Post #505 should help : )
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=81727315&postcount=505

+++++++++

Hello!

I am coming from LOS 16.

Helps me to re-write the instructions:

Questions:

1. So, first I back up date, then flash Q stock using odin. How do I flash TWRP? Odin?

2. So, I am neither inserting TWRP recovery nor creating a patched_AP file anymore?

3. Once, I have TWRP and can boot into it... I should be good to go with flashing the remaining step... (not really a question, LOL)

4. Is root built into the ROM?

5. Going to try microg with aurora store. If I need to, can I later dirty flash rom on top and install gapps?

Thank you!

You're in the wrong thread. LOS16 won't run on Q. Probably you're looking for the LOS17 thread.

Reactions: goodflood

nico_ontrol

Feb 27, 2020
    Don't work for me

I have an s10 with android 10.
    Magisk work perfectly but i can't install TWRP.
    Odin and the TWRP app don't work. TWRP say (twrp.me/site/update/2019/10/23/twrp-and-android-10.html) TWRP support for Android 10 is going to take a while.

or am i wrong?

comsite

Apr 15, 2012
    Odin and the TWRP app don't work. TWRP say (twrp.me/site/update/2019/10/23/twrp-and-android-10.html) TWRP support for Android 10 is going to take a while.

or am i wrong?

Yes you are wrong as twrp is fully supported.

Keule-Tm

Oct 3, 2016
    Berlin
    Samsung Galaxy S10

or am i wrong?
    Look in the TWRP XDA thread of IanMacD. There you'll find v102, which is for Q. And then you should switch to the LOS-*17* thread, which is Q as well. LOS16 won't boot on a Q bootloader.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 16.0 for Galaxy S10 Series

Code:
      /*
       * Your warranty is now void.
       * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
       * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
       * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
       * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
       * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
       */

Working:
      - Wifi
      - Sound
      - mali drivers
      - USB tethering
      - Video Playback
      - Fingerprint Sensor
      - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
      - Sensors
      - Bluetooth
      - Wifi HotSpot
      - MTP
      - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
      - HW encoding/decoding
      - GPS
      - Cameras (All of them)
      - HWcomposer (HWC)
      - Signal indicator
      - Double tap to wake
      - Wireless PowerShare

Not Working
      - VoLTE and VoWiFi will not be implemented (for now) as they heavily depand on samsungs framework

To properly report a bug (Please dont report things already on the Not Working list)
      a) Logcat
      b) /proc/last_kmsg (or /proc/kmsg)
      c) /data/tombstones
      d) dmesg

Please do not report bugs if you have performed any system modifications excluding gapps and addonsu installation

Installation instructions

Make sure you are on ASIG firmware (ASII and ASJG are untested as samsung didnt release kernel source yet (ASII should work tho))
      Download official twrp from twrp.me
      flash twrp as per given instructions
      Once in twrp flash multi-disabler
      format data
      flash vbmeta_disabler.zip from gdrive link below if you dont already have vbmeta disabled
      wipe cache dalvink system
      flash LineageOS
      If you want to have gapps flash them right after flashing the rom before first booting
      Install addonsu if you want root (make sure system is not mounted before flashing addonsu)
      Reboot the device

If you are updating from previous release just flash the rom on top of old one and wipe cache/dalvik(art) cache

Downloads:
      Google Drive
      (Select build coresponding to your devices codename, S10e = beyond0lte | s10 = beyond1lte | s10+ = beyond2lte)

OpenGapps
      Root

I do this in my free time so bear that in mind when you notice I didn't fix known bug in next available build, Currently i work on this alone and i am not one of those kangers that just copy source and claim it as their own work,
      if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

Based On Android 9 Pie
      Changelog

- Updated to ASIG kernel source (master_asig branch)
      - Cleaned up kernel source
      - Merged October system patch
      - Misc performance and stability updates
      - Sycned with LOS source

- Added double tap to wake (Settings -> display -> Advanced)
      - Added Wireless PowerShare (Add quick settings toggle for it)
      - Added extra wide angle camera app (Stand alone install it manually)
      - Fixed cooldown value for brightness sensor so its less bouncy in direct sunlight
      - Made bixby key mapable
      - Removed unused backlight setting entry
      - Synced with LineageOS source

- Added support for ASH1 firmware
      - Tuned light sensor debounce values to prevent random brightness changes
      - Fixed permissions for HotwordEnrollment (Googles off screen assistant)
      - Added support for exfat formated sdcards
      - Fixed issue where kernel couldnt be cross-compiled with newer version of host kernel

- Improved auto brightness debounce values
      - Properly fixed signal indicator
      - Fixed Proximity sensor in calls (Note that it works same way as on stock so not every app can use it just like on stock)
      - Added SSENSOR permission for sensors/services using it (see system/etc/permissions/privapp-permissions-ssensor.xml)
      - Ficed issue where wrong power hal would be loaded
      - General stability improvements
      - Improved installer handling

- First public release

XDA:DevDB Information
      [ROM] LineageOS 16.0 for S10E/S10/S10+ Exynos, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S10

Contributors
      Ivan_Meler
      Source Code: https://github.com/ivanmeler/android_kernel_samsung_beyondlte

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
      ROM Firmware Required: ASG8 or ASH1
      Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
      Current Stable Version: 1.0.1
      Stable Release Date: 2019-11-01

Created 2019-08-12
      Last Updated 2019-11-01
      Progress update, i got q booting on day that it source was released with almost everything working, I just need to clean up few hacks that are in place right now and after that ill release first test aosp release based on it, its pretty bare bone right now as no lineage features have been merged yet
      Since i realized i never posted any proper teasers from q here are some screenshots, Just need to do some final testing before i feel like posting the rom since i want to be sure there isnt any regression compared to pie

PVvKJZ3.png

I6leP51.png

9DTloOc.png

New builds are up here is a brief changelog
      - Added double tap to wake (Settings -> display -> Advanced)
      - Added Wireless PowerShare (Add quick settings toggle for it)
      - Added extra wide angle camera app (Stand alone install it manually)
      - Fixed cooldown value for brightness sensor so its less bouncy in direct sunlight
      - Made bixby key mapable
      - Removed unused backlight setting entry
      - Synced with LineageOS source

Also as a sidenote You can manually install wide angle camera app available at gdrive link and it will make use of wide angle lense (On s10+ both front and back)

Wireless powershare can be added as a quick settings toggle just like on stock (As of right now there is no led indicator on the back as i need to find sysfs node for it but wireless powershare itself works completely fine and you can check its status from icon status (Its always disabled after reboot and icon has a lot of failsafe checks))

Double tap to wake is available from Settings -> Display -> advanced -> double tap to wake

And please stop complaing by issues you got into by using magisk patched twrp its not rom related bug so this is not place for discussion about it

Next update will probably add support for 5g and note 10 series of devices if i find testers for note thats why i didnt push device tree yet (I really dont want people just taking it changing literally 10 lines and claiming it as their own work as this has happened in past a lot of times)

I would also like to thank donators as i do this in my free time and donations help with build server cost and get me a coffee.
      Anyway hope you all enjoy the build
      Hey guys quick update on status of updates, I had a little accident and ended up in a hospital, While i do have my laptop with me all of the source for q is at my home pc, Im really sorry i didnt have a chance to post update before this happened But ill do it as soon as i get back home, Once again really sorry for delays but project will continue really soon hopefuly
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone