• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM]LineageOS-16.0 + LineageOS-17.1[Joan][Unofficial]

Search This thread

ShapeShifter499

Sep 13, 2009
https%3A%2F%2Fwww1-lw.xda-cdn.com%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F03%2FLineage-OS-Feature-Image-Background-Colour.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the LineageOS Changelog for a full list of changes & features. For a changelog of changes to my builds, they can be found at this post below.

Code:
#include "std_disclaimer.h"
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is now a "joan" build! This means this is universal and should boot on all LG v30 devices that a custom recovery can be installed to. This includes the illusive h932 model!
The name of "joan" comes from the code name used by LG in a lot of their source code for this device.

BIG SHOUTOUT TO TO SGCMarkus! A lot of this would not be possible without the work he continues to do on these devices.

What's working:

RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
Fingerprint
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
Camera
Video Recording
Video Playback
Audio
Sensors
Flash
GPS
DAC
Vibration
Selinux permissive (Selinux has issues.. See FAQ)

What's not working:

VOLTE does not work on either ROM
VOWIFI does not work on either ROM
Wifi display on Lineage 17.1
Tell me

Where are the features?

LineageOS is in development process so don't complain about xyz features missing.

Instructions:

Download the build
Reboot to recovery
Flash the latest build
Reboot

V30 Telegram group chat

Downloads:

17.1: Universal builds can be found at GitHub
This now should boot on any LG v30 including h932!
This release requires pie firmware to be flashed.
Make sure to flash the correct firmware for your model of LG v30.

16.0:
Universal builds can be found at GitHub
For now this release requires oreo firmware to be flashed.

Sources:
Universal Device Tree: joan
Kernel: msm8998
Vendor: lge
lineage-16.0/17.0 branch

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM]LineageOS-16.0 + LineageOS-17.0[Joan][Unofficial], ROM for the LG V30

Contributors
ShapeShifter499, https://github.com/LineageOS/

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Oreo (LOS 16.0), Pie (17.1)
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-01-29
Last Updated 2020-10-03

Donations
This ROM is released for free but a lot of time goes into making this work.
The cost of running a computer 24/7 to compile these builds for everyone isn't free either.
If you'd like to donate to support this project you can do so below.

Ko-fi/Paypal: https://ko-fi.com/shapeshifter499

[ROM]LineageOS-16.0 + LineageOS-17.1[Joan][Unofficial], ROM for the LG V30

Contributors
ShapeShifter499, SGCMarkus, rashed97
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Firmware Required: Oreo (16.0), Pie (17.1)

Version Information

Created 2020-01-29
Last Updated 2020-10-04

Last edited:

ShapeShifter499

Sep 13, 2009
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Builds are done nightly if possible. The changelogs below get updated when there is a major change by me that fixes an issue with LG v30s.

Changelogs
LOS 17.1 Release 10.14.2020

LOS 16.0 Release 10.14.2020

LOS 17.1 Release 10.03.2020
  • Rename build to joan. This is now a unified build that should work universally on all LG v30s there are.
  • Updates LOS Sources (September 2020 Security Patch, and some other features)
  • Fix offline charging issue
  • Downrev audio to 4.0, fixes some audio related crashes
  • joan-common: Fix qti_whitelist typo

LOS 16.0 Release 10.03.2020
  • Rename build to joan. This is now a unified build that should work universally on all LG v30s there are.
  • Set SELinux in kernel to permissive.

LOS 16.0 Release 09.03.2020
  • Updates LOS Sources (August 2020 Security Patch, and some other features)
  • Fix AVC reset bug for DAC.

LOS 16.0 Release 06.29.2020

LOS 16.0 Release 05.01.2020
  • Updates LOS Sources (April 2020 Security Patch, and some other features)
  • Added Samsung sdFAT driver to support exFAT formated SD Cards with help from @SGCMarkus, for both h930 and h932 builds.
  • Enable F2FS support for both h930 and h932 builds.

LOS 16.0 Release 02.08.2020

LOS 16.0 Release 02.07.2020
  • Updates LOS Sources (January 2020 Security Patch, and some other features)
  • joan-common: Fix FM

LOS 16.0 Release 01.29.2020

Last edited:

ShapeShifter499

Sep 13, 2009
Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. Can this ROM be flashed through TWRP?
A. Yes, proceed with the latest TWRP image

Q. Sounds good. How can I contribute to project?
A. Test the build as much as you can and report bugs which can be reproduced with exact steps and are not random.

Q. How to disable "Apps running in background" dialog?
A. When you see the dialog, long press on it and select "Settings". From there, you'll have a toggle to disable it.

Q. Which Models are supported?
A. So far it works well on the H930(G/D/DS), US998, VS996 and LS998. H932 works too, use the .zip for that model. Other devices may bootloop.

Q. Help, my H931/H933 is bootlooping!
A1. For H931 please go to https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v30/how-to/running-h930-aosp-rom-us998-converted-t3889320
A2. For H933 please go to https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78183349&postcount=2

Q. What is up with SELinux?
A. There are a lot of SELinux permissions that have not been properly added. If you experience any issues try setting the kernel to permissive mode first. If you continue to experience issues after that. Then take logs and let me know. To set permissive mode flash this zip in TWRP or other custom recovery: https://zackptg5.com/downloads/Kernel-Sepolicy-Patcher.zip Make sure to select permissive with volume buttons. This should be flashed after every new ROM release unless otherwise stated.

Q. Any other resources I should be aware of?
A. Check out this mega thread on troubleshooting LG v30 issues by @tech_infinity https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v30/how-to/detailed-guide-aosp-roms-issues-solution-t4002535

Last edited:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Hey,
thx for your time in developing and building this ROM for our beloved LG V30!
Anyway: Why do you build again a new LOS "16.0" and not work together with @SGCMarkus on "17.1" Release?
Just a thought...

Because @SGCMarkus has moved on to 17.1, so he can work on this 16 and fix stuff. Then, move on to 17.1.

He's still figuring it all out. Something to practice on?

I'm not speaking for the Dev. He can answer himself, but that seems the simplest explanation.

Last edited:

ShapeShifter499

Sep 13, 2009
Hey,
Anyway: Why do you build again a new LOS "16.0" and not work together with @SGCMarkus on "17.1" Release?
Just a thought...

I was talking with @SGCMarkus and he mentioned wanting to focus all his efforts at getting 17 working. But 16 will still be supported for sometime and doesn't have as many changes in store to work around. It's much easier to iron out and get fully working with little to no bugs. But we are sort of working towards the same goals. If there is anything I happen to find about getting things working I'll let him know, I hope he does the same.

Osprey00

Jul 21, 2009
Thanks for doing this. I'm not ready to move on to 17.0 because of the issues and have been a little bummed that the other 16.0 ROM hasn't been updated since I first installed it (I got the phone in August). I've missed the fun of updating the ROM regularly that's part of the reason why I picked this model. Even if I don't notice any differences, it makes me happier knowing that I have a more recent LOS build.

Hujkis

Jan 16, 2012
Brno
Thank you for the updated builds ?

Is there any chance of Pie blobs builds happening?

+1 Thank You @ShapeShifter499!

gf's H930DS was unfortunately updated to stock pie at some point, so it's either Stock or Alpha LOS17. Would this work, it would be perfect.
@ShapeShifter499
> I was talking with @SGCMarkus and he mentioned wanting to focus all his efforts at getting 17 working.
That's interesting, haven't seen any updates from Markus on git, telegram or xda in a while.

tech_infinity

Jun 16, 2014
aakashverma.com
LG V30

gf's H930DS was unfortunately updated to stock pie at some point, so it's either Stock or Alpha LOS17. Would this work, it would be perfect.

@ShapeShifter499
> I was talking with @SGCMarkus and he mentioned wanting to focus all his efforts at getting 17 working.
That's interesting, haven't seen any updates from Markus on git, telegram or xda in a while.

Markus made a los17.1 build but that had camera issues so didn't release it.
Don't worry Markus is still maintaining LOS for v30 :D
For los17 is not just change in android version but for v30 we've switched from oreo blobs to pie blobs. That's why there are some issues and are taking time to resolve.

Reactions: Hujkis

SGCMarkus

Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2011

@ShapeShifter499

Been busy with university (exams and so on...), and during christmas holiday kinda had no motivation todo something lol
But now im on semester break, and already started to prepare to start working on LOS17.1 :)

jkim204

Apr 11, 2014
Markus, first of all thank you for all your hard efforts and dedication to this ROM. I was wondering whether the static noise when video calling was fixed on LOS16. If not I plan on switching over to LOS17. Thank you and God bless ?

Letsweb

Nov 22, 2016
All other custom ROMs are based on sources by SGCMarkus so any source bugs will be present on all ROMs!
Basically if something is broken on LOS for v30 then it'll most probably be broken on all other ROMs :p

In Havoc 3.1 when connecting the phone to the usb of the PC does not recognize it, do you know if it is only a Havoc bug or for all Q roms? thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fwww1-lw.xda-cdn.com%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F03%2FLineage-OS-Feature-Image-Background-Colour.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the LineageOS Changelog for a full list of changes & features. For a changelog of changes to my builds, they can be found at this post below.

Code:
    #include "std_disclaimer.h"
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is now a "joan" build! This means this is universal and should boot on all LG v30 devices that a custom recovery can be installed to. This includes the illusive h932 model!
    The name of "joan" comes from the code name used by LG in a lot of their source code for this device.

BIG SHOUTOUT TO TO SGCMarkus! A lot of this would not be possible without the work he continues to do on these devices.

What's working:

RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    Fingerprint
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Video Recording
    Video Playback
    Audio
    Sensors
    Flash
    GPS
    DAC
    Vibration
    Selinux permissive (Selinux has issues.. See FAQ)

What's not working:

VOLTE does not work on either ROM
    VOWIFI does not work on either ROM
    Wifi display on Lineage 17.1
    Tell me

Where are the features?

LineageOS is in development process so don't complain about xyz features missing.

Instructions:

Download the build
    Reboot to recovery
    Flash the latest build
    Reboot

V30 Telegram group chat

Downloads:

17.1: Universal builds can be found at GitHub
    This release requires pie firmware to be flashed.

16.0:
    Universal builds can be found at GitHub
    For now this release requires oreo firmware to be flashed.

Sources:
    Universal Device Tree: joan
    Kernel: msm8998
    Vendor: lge
    lineage-16.0/17.0 branch

[ROM]LineageOS-16.0 + LineageOS-17.0[Joan][Unofficial], ROM for the LG V30

Contributors
    ShapeShifter499, https://github.com/LineageOS/

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Firmware Required: Oreo (LOS 16.0), Pie (17.1)

Version Information

Created 2020-01-29
    Last Updated 2020-10-03

Donations
    This ROM is released for free but a lot of time goes into making this work.
    The cost of running a computer 24/7 to compile these builds for everyone isn't free either.
    If you'd like to donate to support this project you can do so below.

Ko-fi/Paypal: https://ko-fi.com/shapeshifter499

[ROM]LineageOS-16.0 + LineageOS-17.1[Joan][Unofficial], ROM for the LG V30

Contributors
    ShapeShifter499, SGCMarkus, rashed97
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Firmware Required: Oreo (16.0), Pie (17.1)

Version Information

Created 2020-01-29
    Last Updated 2020-10-04

@ShapeShifter499

Been busy with university (exams and so on...), and during christmas holiday kinda had no motivation todo something lol
    But now im on semester break, and already started to prepare to start working on LOS17.1 :)
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Builds are done nightly if possible. The changelogs below get updated when there is a major change by me that fixes an issue with LG v30s.

Changelogs
    LOS 17.1 Release 10.14.2020

LOS 16.0 Release 10.14.2020

LOS 17.1 Release 10.03.2020
    • Fix offline charging issue
    • Downrev audio to 4.0, fixes some audio related crashes
    • joan-common: Fix qti_whitelist typo

LOS 16.0 Release 10.03.2020
    • Set SELinux in kernel to permissive.

LOS 16.0 Release 09.03.2020
    • Updates LOS Sources (August 2020 Security Patch, and some other features)
    • Fix AVC reset bug for DAC.

LOS 16.0 Release 06.29.2020

LOS 16.0 Release 05.01.2020
    • Updates LOS Sources (April 2020 Security Patch, and some other features)
    • Added Samsung sdFAT driver to support exFAT formated SD Cards with help from @SGCMarkus, for both h930 and h932 builds.
    • Enable F2FS support for both h930 and h932 builds.

LOS 16.0 Release 02.08.2020

LOS 16.0 Release 02.07.2020
    • Updates LOS Sources (January 2020 Security Patch, and some other features)
    • joan-common: Fix FM

LOS 16.0 Release 01.29.2020
    Good news everyone! I have the funds now thanks to a kind person. I will be getting back to updating and tweaking the OS builds in a week or so. I have gotten the LG V30 US998 128GB model for better support with roms. I'm sorry to all who have a h932 model, I can continue trying to update and fix issues with that model's rom but I cannot test them personally. I may still get a h932 in the future but right now I'll only have the US998 model. It was brought from eBay and is estimated to be in my hands by or before the 21st of April 2020.
    Hey,
    Just a thought...

I was talking with @SGCMarkus and he mentioned wanting to focus all his efforts at getting 17 working. But 16 will still be supported for sometime and doesn't have as many changes in store to work around. It's much easier to iron out and get fully working with little to no bugs. But we are sort of working towards the same goals. If there is anything I happen to find about getting things working I'll let him know, I hope he does the same.