• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] LineageOS 17.1/18.1 UNOFFICIAL - (Update: 2021-09-18)

Shall F-Droid be included in the ROM(s)?

• Total voters
Search This thread

mstrnemo

Feb 1, 2021
Can you link some guide about it ? I'm not a noob... Anyway, is not there a sony camera porting for custom rom ?

good luck

as far as i know u cant get the sony cam to work on android 11 roms only android 10

good luck

as far as i know u cant get the sony cam to work on android 11 roms only android 10
I already read this guide and you can use this exploit only if you run Android 8 on your phone... However downgrading to Android 8 with newflasher tool broken my Camera but upgrading again to Android 9 with FOTA fixed it

mulcahey

May 4, 2016
I'm still using Modpunk's/Derf's Lineage 18.1-20210120. I'd love to move over to this version with the July security updates.

What's my process? Do I need to wipe my data, or I can I simply flash this Lineage 18 over my current version?

7alvoo

Jul 18, 2019
I'm still using Modpunk's/Derf's Lineage 18.1-20210120. I'd love to move over to this version with the July security updates.

What's my process? Do I need to wipe my data, or I can I simply flash this Lineage 18 over my current version?
Wow, if you want to keep your data don't delete DATA.

- wipe system
- istall ineage
- istall gapps nano or pico
- wipe cache/dalvik

- the risk is that there was no standard gapps pack before

7alvoo

Jul 18, 2019
It has been a long-standing mistake for me that the caller hears an echo during a phone call if I turn down the speaker, it is partially solved, but it is completely eliminated only by speakerphone. Unfortunately I can't find the call noise filtering / noise cancellation off option in the call app.
You have noticed this?

MarkMRL

Jul 1, 2011
I'm running the latest stock os rooted right now, but I would like to go Lineage. How's the camera quality on this one? On my other phones that I updated to LOS the camera quality took a nosedive to the point of being nearly unusable compared to stock, for example, my OnePlus3 works perfectly on LOS but I can just forget about the camera. The XZ1 has a good camera, especially for videos. Is the quality good on LOS, or is there some way to fully restore the original camera software?

paulquappe

Apr 24, 2018
Original (sony) camera only works with 17.1, not with 18.1!
I'm using 17.1 with the sony camera app and I'm very happy with it. Best pictures I ever made with a phone.
But I can't compare to the camera app in stock rom...

You could check out about the backup and restore of the drm keys (mentioned a few posts above) but I never done this and I don't know if this really enhances the camera quality in LOS or is only relevant for going back to stock. I always just lived happily with the loss of the drm keys. (But if you are rooted in stock, you maybe even lost them already, if you unlocked the bootloader?)

toejam119

I tried to do a command via adb, the command was "adb root" but adb gave an error "ADB Root access is disabled by system setting - enable in Settings -> System -> Developer options". I have Root enabled for adb and apps in Magisk, and there is no option to enable root for adb in developer settings (since Magisk is installed). Root seems to be working fine otherwise. I do not remember having this issue on modpunk's 17.1. I did dirty flash this Flamewire's 17.1 version over modpunk's 17.1. I didn't uninstall Magisk before dirty flashing, it seemed to install itself during Flamewire's 17.1 dirty flash. Everything else works fine so far on this release. Anyone else have this issue?

1628333923016.png

banana(x)

Jul 4, 2021
The reason for not being able to adb root in @Flamefire ROM might be the commit for spoofing verified boot, etc... It spoofs e.g. the property "ro.debuggable"
@Flamefire I guess it is sufficiant for GPlay certification to not spoof ro.debuggable?!?

Flamefire

Jul 26, 2013
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
The reason for not being able to adb root in @Flamefire ROM might be the commit for spoofing verified boot, etc... It spoofs e.g. the property "ro.debuggable"
@Flamefire I guess it is sufficiant for GPlay certification to not spoof ro.debuggable?!?
`adb root` works for me, so I don't think that is the issue. However I do not have Magisk.
I think it is required because MagiskHide does set that too, so I'd rather not unset it

banana(x)

Jul 4, 2021
`adb root` works for me, so I don't think that is the issue. However I do not have Magisk.
I think it is required because MagiskHide does set that too, so I'd rather not unset it
hmmm... interesting... I cannot confirm with my experience. I am running self-built (and signed) LOS 16 and I had the same issue with activation possibility of adb root in developer settings (just as @toejam119 described). Just spoofing ro.boot.vbmeta.device_state, ro.boot.verifiedbootstate, ro.boot.flash.locked, vendor.boot.vbmeta.device_state, vendor.boot.verifiedbootstate fixed the issue for me and GPlay cert passes (at least on LOS 16).

toejam119

I do believe Flamefire is right, I think it is Magisk's hide function. I also have MagiskHide Props Config module installed. I tried uninstalling Magisk and the Magisk app temporarily but I couldn't get adb root to work, perhaps I should've gone inside MagiskHide Props Config and revert some changes(?), though all I did in the past was change the fingerprint so the SafetyNet would pass while rooted and in LineageOS.
But it's ok since I can just use "adb shell" and then type "su" to use commands with superuser rights via my pc. Tested and it works good.

jmbattle

Jul 3, 2015
Hello folks,

I'm currently using the 2021-07-20 18.1 release, which is working like a champ on my XZ1C.

If I wish to update to the 2021-08-11 release, is it simply a case of downloading the zip, booting into recovery, and flashing? Do I need to reflash GApps, or erase anything?

Cheers!

Last edited:

toejam119

Hello folks,

I'm currently using the 2021-07-20 18.1 release, which is working like a champ on my XZ1C.

If I wish to update to the 2021-08-11 release, is it simply a case of downloading the zip, booting into recovery, and flashing? Do I need to reflash GApps, or erase anything?

Cheers!
I recomend to wipe system.
I don't think he needs to wipe system if he's only updating from:
18.1 2021-07-20
to
18.1 2021-08-11
Unless I totally missed something. Simply flashing the zip should be enough? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: jmbattle

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Flamefire Can you explain why you changed our device's build description to make it look like a Google Pixel device?
    To pass safetynet.

And the other question: using clang 11, especially for the kernel
    In my 18.1 i see screen record,i see restart option and open camera work fine. I've tried both and prefer 18.1. With magisk,on 18.1,work perfect sony album and sony music,but not on 17.1!
    What benefits do you see for 18.1 ?
    - no sony camera app
    - no screen record
    - no restart options
    - limited sharing options
    Just camera, in my case. It is enough. But I have a partly broken second xz1c for 18.1, just for testing, and battery is clearly better.
    Currently working on an attempt for a major performance improvement and Bugfix on the 17.1 issue (under the hood, found some potential security issues)
    :)
    LineageOS 17.1/18.1 for Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

logo.png

RELEASE

This is an alternative ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact.

Creating this to honor the great work of modpunk and derf elot from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-lineageos-18-1-unofficial-2-0-update-2021-01-20.4047763/ which seems to be discontinued. Posting an own thread to keep the latest versions visible, I'm NOT claiming authorship over the ROM.
    I basically just build the ROM using the latest changes from upstream LineageOS/Google and kernel updates (usually incorporated by derf elot ) See my post.

FEATURES
    • Signed with dev keys
    • EAS kernel
    • Passes SafetyNet out of the box (thanks Rooted_Ansh, Havoc-OS Team and kdrag0n)
    • Seedvault (Video)
    • IMS support (thanks to Rooted_Ansh and also Shujath)
    • 17.1 has stock Sony camera (not possible on 18.1)

DOWNLOAD

You can download the latest release here.
    HINT: Download both the ZIP and md5sum file so TWRP can check the consistency of the upload/download.
    REQUIRED FIRMWARE: 47.2.A.11.228

IMPORTANT:
    I only test the 17.1 releases myself. The 18.1 are build from mostly the same sources and hopefully work.

INSTALLATION

Put the zip file of the ROM on you sdcard or internal store and boot into recovery.
    I suggest to use modpunks TWRP recovery. Again: Don't forget the md5sum file!
    TWRP 3.3.1-0 by modpunk for LineageOS 17.1
    TWPR 3.5.0-0 by derf elot for LineageOS 18.1
    Or use the latest TWRP from https://twrp.me/sony/sonyxperiaxz1compact.html.

I heavily recommend to make a full backup before any installation so you can go back in case of issues. Flashing an older ROM usually helps to recover bootloops etc.

KNOWN ISSUES
    • UnifiedNlp doesn't work with LineageOS 18.1 yet
    • Spell checking doesn't switch if you change keyboards
    SUPPORT

There is NONE. If you have any issues or question ask in the thread so maybe someone else knows the answer.
    I'm just providing the ROM (Lineage 17.1 variant) I use myself for others to try to and just build the Lineage 18.1 ROM without any chance to actually test it myself.
    If you prefer to use a more well-tested Android 11 ROM, I suggest to look at Havoc-OS.
    Contributions to the sources are welcome and likely get integrated into the next release.

Contributors
    modpunk, derf elot, Rooted_Ansh, Flamefire
    Source Code: https://github.com/Flamefire/android_device_sony_lilac, Original: https://github.com/whatawurst/

If you want to buy me a coffee/beer, I'll appreciate it but it is not necessary.
    Also please consider donating to the original authors too or to local charities as requested by @modpunk

ROM OS Version: Android 10/11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2021-07-20
    CHANGELOG

2021-09-18

• September security patches
    • Include some more security patches from AOSP
    • Clang 11 for LOS 17.1 version (same as 18.1, improved optimizations)
    • Misc bugfixes backported from Android 11 to Android 10
    • Kernel 4.4.283
    2021-08-11
    • August security patches
    • Fix bug with switch 3G->4G in XperiaParts not working on slow boot
    • Include some more security patches from AOSP
    • Kernel 4.4.279
    2021-07-20
    • July security patches
    • Kernel 4.4.275
    2021-07-03
    • June security patches
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.272
    • Updated APNs
    Updated with the July security patches.
    Note: AndroidFileHost was quite quirky today, so use the md5sum files to verify the integrity of the files
    "Major performance improvement" sounds great!

This would be for both 17.1 and 18.1, yes?

By the way, would it be worthwhile donating a device to allow you to develop and test both 17.1 and 18.1 simultaneously?
    No only 17.1. Basically building with the same compiler as 18.1 which has better optimizations (3 versions difference) and found a few bugs through that...

This is a kind offer but no. I don't really have time to do much dev on this. When building the 17.1 I use it myself and see that works. Then I provide this here for others to benefit too. The 18.1 is just a bonus as changes to 17.1 usually work on 18.1. But as mentioned I don't have time for dev or testing on something I don't use myself anyway :)
    Im confused so u continue with updating the security patches every month correct ?
    Im confused about the 18.1 u also only update it with securitypatches or also other stuf like making stable and fixing problems orwhatnot ?
    I'm using an XZ1C with 17.1 myself and am keeping that updated as much as possible. This includes security patches and kernel patches and updates. I also included some stuff I need for myself (e.g. the SafetyNet fix w/o Magisk to use GooglePay) But I'm not really doing any development, e.g. adding new features beyond that.
    What I do for 17.1 I also add to 18.1 but I have no way to test that myself as I only have that one device, hence the disclaimer at the top. Adding stuff or fixing bugs in 18.1 is hence to dangerous for you guys, as I won't know if that bricks your phones. So I really only add what I tested in 17.1 and assume to be fine in 18.1

TLDR: 99.9% security patches only. The ROM is already stable enough thanks to the original authors.