• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] LineageOS 17.1/18.1 UNOFFICIAL - (Update: 2021-11-29)

Shall F-Droid be included in the ROM(s)?

• Total voters
Search This thread

.kaputnik.

Jan 12, 2012
I did everything except this step. I just did the wipe, then installed 17.1 LOS. I will do as you wrote, thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

Hmm that's odd, shouldn't matter if you install LOS from local storage or sideload it. The only reason I do is that some old version refused to install correctly when doing it locally, sideloading it through ADB was the only way I got it to work. Just kept doing it that way since, out of habit more than anything else.

Might misunderstand what you try to convey though? Also, guess it won't hurt to give it a try :)

Same problem here,date and time is always the time from the first start after flashing, changes about one minute later when phone has fully booted.
GPS not working as well and my signal strenght is really bad since flashing newest 18.1, starting a call takes sometimes about 30s until it starts ringing and people don't understand me and I don't understand them.

I have to go back to modpunks 17.1 from december 2020, that one was working like a charm.
Hope I can downgrade without installing Stock again like @.kaputnik. wrote?

Well, the way I did it does involve reinstalling stock. You completely wipe the phone (I believe at least, as mentioned I'm no expert), install stock, and then LOS + Gapps on top of that. You never boot stock though, if that's relevant.

Last edited:

pipilores

Nov 22, 2020
@Flamefire , herzlichen Dank für diese Arbeit. Habe einige Wochen mit Havoc und Pixel Experience herumprobiert. Jedoch immer Probleme mit schwachem GPS gehabt. In Ihrem 17.1 funktioniert bei mir alles wunderbar.

betacrypt

Jan 17, 2018
Just updated my device from crDroid, which was discontinued in June to the latest LoS 17.1 build here. Works great so far with microg. Thanks so much for your efforts.

Zelmor

Oct 29, 2019
17.1 2021.09.18 with Rev0lut - OK!
Thanks for the info, I've installed the ROM but ran into an issue i've never experienced before. I am unable to download files. Trying to get Fdroid via the LOS browser, browser crashes. Flashed opengapps and tried downloading things, error messages popped up in the notification bar about lack of storage. Do you have any idea what is happening here?

7alvoo

Jul 18, 2019
Thanks for the info, I've installed the ROM but ran into an issue i've never experienced before. I am unable to download files. Trying to get Fdroid via the LOS browser, browser crashes. Flashed opengapps and tried downloading things, error messages popped up in the notification bar about lack of storage. Do you have any idea what is happening here?
I'm never use los browser but maybe storage access required, APKCombo or Aurora Store if You don't like playstore.

toejam119

It didn't work with my Dutch bank's application for touch to pay last time I tried about half a year ago.
I had LOS 17.1 (tried both 20210720 and 20210811) and the newest Nordea bank's Codes app stopped working after an app update. I only got it working when I disabled all super user rights from Magisk 23 and restarted the phone, but I want my root. Then I installed 18.1 and the app works fine with Magisk 23 with super user rights enabled. Google Pay works fine. Also you don't need any additional fingerprints to have the SafetyNet to pass. On Modpunk's version I had to install the stock lilac Android 9 fingerprint.

Zelmor

Oct 29, 2019
I'm never use los browser but maybe storage access required, APKCombo or Aurora Store if You don't like playstore.
It's not about the store. Play also doesn't have access to storage for some reason, even though privileges are set correctly. Out of the box, I cannot install anything on the phone.

7alvoo

Jul 18, 2019
It's not about the store. Play also doesn't have access to storage for some reason, even though privileges are set correctly. Out of the box, I cannot install anything on the phone.
Format the partition to ext2 in twrp and back to ext4 to fix the file system error.

Zelmor

Oct 29, 2019
Format the partition to ext2 in twrp and back to ext4 to fix the file system error.
Thanks, that helped.
I had LOS 17.1 (tried both 20210720 and 20210811) and the newest Nordea bank's Codes app stopped working after an app update. I only got it working when I disabled all super user rights from Magisk 23 and restarted the phone, but I want my root. Then I installed 18.1 and the app works fine with Magisk 23 with super user rights enabled. Google Pay works fine. Also you don't need any additional fingerprints to have the SafetyNet to pass. On Modpunk's version I had to install the stock lilac Android 9 fingerprint.
SafetyNet fails out of the box, what did you do to it to work?

toejam119

Thanks, that helped.

SafetyNet fails out of the box, what did you do to it to work?
SafetyNet should work out of the box, see Flamefire's feature comment on 1st page:
Passes SafetyNet out of the box (thanks @Rooted_Ansh, Havoc-OS Team and kdrag0n)
When I installed 18.1 I did the following:
//before installing LOS 18.1 I installed the stock rom via newflasher, completed the initial stock OS setup
1. Flashed the rom (lineage-18.1-20210811-UNOFFICIAL-lilac.zip)
2. Flashed OpenGAPPS (open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20210917.zip)
3. Flashed Magisk 23 (Magisk-v23.0.zip)
//all of the above I flashed (in twrp-3.5.0-0-20210117-lilac.img) without booting to system in between
4. Booted to system
5. Completed the initial OS setup
6. Went to Magisk 23 settings and enabled MagiskHide with default settings (which seems to hide some parts from Google Play services).
7. It passes SafetyNet fine, both marks (basicIntegrity and ctsProfile) are ok/blue.

But SafetyNet should work without root/Magisk as Flamefire also confirmed in this post in this thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Currently uploading the new builds. Gonna take a bit...
    The 18.1 version seemingly works, passes SafetyNet etc. but as usual, I don't really test that version although I can now say that it flashes clean over the previous release and boots fine. Thanks to the test phone by @landsome
    I tested the 17.1 version the same way: Flash over previous release, boot and SafetyNet is working. However I'll flash that on my own phone tomorrow and test it a bit more "in production". Hence you'll find that in the "Testing Only" folder on AFH until I verified it a bit more. No time left for that today but if you want to give it a try feel free.
    As mentioned I fixed the IMS bug on 17.1 and on my phone (October build with only that patch applied) VoLTE and VoWIFI work fine.

As for GPS: The XZ1C has known hardware issues with the GPS antenna. The ROM if flashed correctly works ok although I noticed that GPS is shaky too. Some users reported that squeezing the left edges often helps...

I'll tackle the HD audio stuff later. That needs some more work to do it properly.

Donations: See the initial post and my profile (About section). Always welcome and keeps me motivated to put in a bit of extra effort :) Please note that I often integrate changes from others, like modpunk/derfelot, linckandrea etc. On Github you can usually see that as "authored by X, committed by Flamefire" as I try to keep the author unchanged. So others deserve credit (and donations) too.
    I never tested on 18.1. VoLTE works well on stock and Havoc OS. only have a problem on this LineageOS 17.1 ROM(prior to july build)
    I tested SKTelecom and LGU+ SIM cards and on both environment, VoLTE is broken
    Ok great. Then I think I found and fixed the issue. I'll wait for the November security updates until I provide a new release as this isn't super critical. Shouldn't be more than a week I'd say.

@kenbw2 @Guntram no idea about GPS though. Works fine here with 17.1, I. E. Google maps Navigation works well although it says something about bad precision. But my current location is quite accurate
    I'm writing this from my phone updated to 17.1 November build. Hence I consider it stable :)

December update will be there mid December, I'd say. Not sure if I manage to fix HD audio till then

So far, wish you a nice Advent season!
    Updates will be there as soon as I got time. Likely in the next 2 days as usual ;)
    Updates will be there as soon as I got time. Likely in the next 2 days as usual ;)
    Sorry guys the updates will take a bit longer after a very unpleasing experience with bootloops and the need for a partial reset of my phone during the tests of the latest update.
    As I'm currently quite busy and really need my phone I got to be careful with experiments so either I find enough spare time to test it again to find the cause or I'll likely wait for the test phone which @landsome shipped 3 days ago, so it should be here anytime soon.

@ortizjammet and anyone who wants to play with HD audio:
    I attached 2 files which you can try: 1 is the original (renamed as you can see) one the modified one I used to get PA to recognize HD audio. You can try those with:
    -
    Bash:
    adb root
    adb shell mount -o remount,rw /vendor
    adb push ./audio_policy_configuration.xml /vendor/etc/audio_policy_configuration.xml

Then reboot. To go back to original reflash LOS or repeat the above with the original file
    LineageOS 17.1/18.1 for Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

logo.png

RELEASE

This is an alternative ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact.

Creating this to honor the great work of modpunk and derf elot from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-lineageos-18-1-unofficial-2-0-update-2021-01-20.4047763/ which seems to be discontinued. Posting an own thread to keep the latest versions visible, I'm NOT claiming authorship over the ROM.
    I basically just build the ROM using the latest changes from upstream LineageOS/Google and kernel updates (usually incorporated by derf elot ) See my post.

FEATURES
    • Signed with dev keys
    • EAS kernel
    • Passes SafetyNet out of the box (thanks Rooted_Ansh, Havoc-OS Team and kdrag0n)
    • Seedvault (Video)
    • IMS support (thanks to Rooted_Ansh and also Shujath)
    • 17.1 has stock Sony camera (not possible on 18.1)

DOWNLOAD

You can download the latest release here.
    HINT: Download both the ZIP and md5sum file so TWRP can check the consistency of the upload/download.
    REQUIRED FIRMWARE: 47.2.A.11.228

IMPORTANT:
    I only test the 17.1 releases myself. The 18.1 are build from mostly the same sources and hopefully work.

INSTALLATION

Put the zip file of the ROM on you sdcard or internal store and boot into recovery.
    I suggest to use modpunks TWRP recovery. Again: Don't forget the md5sum file!
    TWRP 3.3.1-0 by modpunk for LineageOS 17.1
    TWPR 3.5.0-0 by derf elot for LineageOS 18.1
    Or use the latest TWRP from https://twrp.me/sony/sonyxperiaxz1compact.html.

I heavily recommend to make a full backup before any installation so you can go back in case of issues. Flashing an older ROM usually helps to recover bootloops etc.

KNOWN ISSUES
    • UnifiedNlp doesn't work with LineageOS 18.1 yet
    • Spell checking doesn't switch if you change keyboards
    SUPPORT

There is NONE. If you have any issues or question ask in the thread so maybe someone else knows the answer.
    I'm just providing the ROM (Lineage 17.1 variant) I use myself for others to try to and just build the Lineage 18.1 ROM without much testing.
    If you prefer to use a more well-tested Android 11 ROM, I suggest to look at Havoc-OS.
    Contributions to the sources are welcome and likely get integrated into the next release.

Contributors
    modpunk, derf elot, Rooted_Ansh, Flamefire, linckandrea
    Source Code: https://github.com/Flamefire/android_device_sony_lilac, Original: https://github.com/whatawurst/

If you want to buy me a coffee/beer, I'll appreciate it but it is not necessary.
    Also please consider donating to the original authors too or to local charities as requested by @modpunk

Special thanks to landsome for donating a test phone for bug hunting and development.

ROM OS Version: Android 10/11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2021-10-19
    CHANGELOG

2021-11-29

• November security patches
    • Kernel 4.4.291
    • Fix IMS on 17.1
    • Fix/enhance Wifi-Display
    • Fix some power hints
    • Update APNs
    2021-10-19
    • October security patches
    • Kernel 4.4.288
    2021-09-18
    • September security patches
    • Include some more security patches from AOSP
    • Clang 11 for LOS 17.1 version (same as 18.1, improved optimizations)
    • Misc bugfixes backported from Android 11 to Android 10
    • Kernel 4.4.283
    2021-08-11
    • August security patches
    • Fix bug with switch 3G->4G in XperiaParts not working on slow boot
    • Include some more security patches from AOSP
    • Kernel 4.4.279
    2021-07-20
    • July security patches
    • Kernel 4.4.275
    2021-07-03
    • June security patches
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.272
    • Updated APNs
    Currently uploading the new builds. Gonna take a bit...
    The 18.1 version seemingly works, passes SafetyNet etc. but as usual, I don't really test that version although I can now say that it flashes clean over the previous release and boots fine. Thanks to the test phone by @landsome
    I tested the 17.1 version the same way: Flash over previous release, boot and SafetyNet is working. However I'll flash that on my own phone tomorrow and test it a bit more "in production". Hence you'll find that in the "Testing Only" folder on AFH until I verified it a bit more. No time left for that today but if you want to give it a try feel free.
    As mentioned I fixed the IMS bug on 17.1 and on my phone (October build with only that patch applied) VoLTE and VoWIFI work fine.

As for GPS: The XZ1C has known hardware issues with the GPS antenna. The ROM if flashed correctly works ok although I noticed that GPS is shaky too. Some users reported that squeezing the left edges often helps...

I'll tackle the HD audio stuff later. That needs some more work to do it properly.

Donations: See the initial post and my profile (About section). Always welcome and keeps me motivated to put in a bit of extra effort :) Please note that I often integrate changes from others, like modpunk/derfelot, linckandrea etc. On Github you can usually see that as "authored by X, committed by Flamefire" as I try to keep the author unchanged. So others deserve credit (and donations) too.
    Updated with the July security patches.
    Note: AndroidFileHost was quite quirky today, so use the md5sum files to verify the integrity of the files
    "Major performance improvement" sounds great!

This would be for both 17.1 and 18.1, yes?

By the way, would it be worthwhile donating a device to allow you to develop and test both 17.1 and 18.1 simultaneously?
    No only 17.1. Basically building with the same compiler as 18.1 which has better optimizations (3 versions difference) and found a few bugs through that...

This is a kind offer but no. I don't really have time to do much dev on this. When building the 17.1 I use it myself and see that works. Then I provide this here for others to benefit too. The 18.1 is just a bonus as changes to 17.1 usually work on 18.1. But as mentioned I don't have time for dev or testing on something I don't use myself anyway :)