[ROM] LineageOS 17.1/18.1 UNOFFICIAL - (Update: 2022-08-13)

Shall F-Droid be included in the ROM(s)?

• Total voters
Search This thread

petefoth

I have recently made unofficial and custom LOS 17.1 and 18.1 builds of LineageOS for microg for lilac, based on FlameFire's most recent builds.

The builds are available in this AndroidFileHost directory

More information at https://github.com/petefoth/unofficial-l4m-builds/blob/main/README.md
Updated builds available, based on @Flamefire's July release. Sorry for the delay.

On the 18.1 builds, banking apps from UK’s Co-operative Bank are working fine (Co-operative Bank Personal and Business apps, and Smile banking app). Sadly they don't work on the 17.1 builds :(

Reactions: Danko Jones

paulquappe

Apr 24, 2018
On an semi-related note, I encountered this trying to figure out what's causing the battery drain seen in that screenshot: 60% drop in less than a day with at least 8 hours of that time in airplane mode. The numbers/percentages listed just don't add up.

Higher battery drain was on my phone always caused by a wrong APN.
For me it should be telekom.Internet and was set to something like lebara.internet.
Still no clue how and why the APN changed...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    July update is out. Not much new except for the usual security updates.

> Rom lineage 17.1 is working good. But could there be a implementation for miracast/wfd to turn off the device display itself to save energy.
    > I know its a specific sony stock rom thing that could miracast with the screen off and that there is not a single custom rom that fix that. But my hopes are high that this could be implemented.

If another custom ROM had that so I could use its implementation then I might include it. But otherwise I don't really want to add features but focus on keeping the device usable and secure. That's already enough work ;-)
    Has anyone else faced issues where the phone shows the wrong date/time on startup?

On a fresh boot, the time is 9:58am on Saturday 18 September. It stays like this for approx 15 seconds until it finally updates to the current time (using network sync).

However, if I keep the phone on airplane mode, the time stays wrong until I disable airplane mode.

I'm wondering if this is a bug
    • with the most recent version of the ROM (I'll try with last month's version as well)
    • with the GApps package I'm using (I'm using the mini package which replaces stock clock with google clock)
    I'll update this post if and when I have more information.

----
    Update 1: Reflashed the September ROM with a smaller GApps package (micro instead of mini) and date/time issue still shows up. So GApps and the Google Clock isn't to blame. I'll try August ROM and see what happens.

Update 2: Flashed the August ROM and the datetime issue still persists.

Update 3: I'm attaching steps on how to reproduce this and I'd be really interested to see if anyone else is able to reproduce this:
    1. Make sure your phone's time is currently normal/correct
    2. Put phone into airplane mode
    3. Reboot phone
    4. Time should now be wrong on startup
    5. Disable airplane mode, time should now be updated once network connectivity is back

I just encountered this same problem (almost a year after this author's post) on 17.1-20220516. While it doesn't seem like a big deal on the surface (time & date sync as soon as it gets a network connection), it has the annoying side-effect of totally throwing off the battery stats, as shown in this screenshot:

Screenshot_20220801-110635_Settings.png

I didn't see any further posts offering solutions but wondering if anyone else might know what's causing this.

On an semi-related note, I encountered this trying to figure out what's causing the battery drain seen in that screenshot: 60% drop in less than a day with at least 8 hours of that time in airplane mode. The numbers/percentages listed just don't add up.
    I have recently made unofficial and custom LOS 17.1 and 18.1 builds of LineageOS for microg for lilac, based on FlameFire's most recent builds.

The builds are available in this AndroidFileHost directory

More information at https://github.com/petefoth/unofficial-l4m-builds/blob/main/README.md
    Updated builds available, based on @Flamefire's July release. Sorry for the delay.

On the 18.1 builds, banking apps from UK’s Co-operative Bank are working fine (Co-operative Bank Personal and Business apps, and Smile banking app). Sadly they don't work on the 17.1 builds :(
    LineageOS 17.1/18.1 for Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

logo.png

RELEASE

This is an alternative ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact.

Creating this to honor the great work of modpunk and derf elot from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-lineageos-18-1-unofficial-2-0-update-2021-01-20.4047763/ which seems to be discontinued. Posting an own thread to keep the latest versions visible, I'm NOT claiming authorship over the ROM.
    I basically just build the ROM using the latest changes from upstream LineageOS/Google and kernel updates (usually incorporated by derf elot ) See my post.

FEATURES
    • Signed with dev keys
    • EAS kernel
    • Passes SafetyNet out of the box (thanks Rooted_Ansh, Havoc-OS Team and kdrag0n)
    • Seedvault (Video)
    • IMS support (thanks to Rooted_Ansh and also Shujath)
    • 17.1 has stock Sony camera (not possible on 18.1)

DOWNLOAD

You can download the latest release here.
    HINT: Download both the ZIP and md5sum file so TWRP can check the consistency of the upload/download.
    REQUIRED FIRMWARE: 47.2.A.11.228

IMPORTANT:
    I only test the 17.1 releases myself. The 18.1 are build from mostly the same sources and hopefully work. I only test them roughly.
    Backup download

INSTALLATION

IMPORTANT:
    Magisk seems to cause issues (bootloops) on update, so remove it first and reinstall if required. Note that Magisk is usually not required unless you want root.
    1. Put the zip file of the ROM on your SD card or internal store and boot into recovery.
    2. When coming from stock ROM, do a full wipe (i.e. factory reset) via "Wipe". Do not wipe system! When flashing the stock ROM you can select to not keep user data which is equivalent to this step.
    3. Go to "Install", select the zip file and add optionally the gapps zip. Then flash it.
    4. After updates you may now wipe cache&dalvik (option after install)
    I suggest to use modpunks TWRP recovery. Again: Don't forget the md5sum file!
    TWRP 3.3.1-0 by modpunk for LineageOS 17.1
    TWPR 3.5.0-0 by derf elot for LineageOS 18.1
    Or use the latest TWRP from https://twrp.me/sony/sonyxperiaxz1compact.html.

For ease of use I suggest to flash this recovery (only required once):
    1. Boot in Fastboot mode: Hold "Volume Up" while connecting the USB cable to phone and PC
    2. Flash TWRP by running this on the PC: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-0-lilac-android10-1.img
      (adjust the filename if necessary)
    3. From now you can boot TWRP by turning on the phone with "Volume Down" + Power
    I heavily recommend to make a full backup before any installation so you can go back in case of issues. Flashing an older ROM usually helps to recover bootloops etc.

SUPPORT

There is NONE. If you have any issues or question ask in the thread so maybe someone else knows the answer.
    I'm just providing the ROM (Lineage 17.1 variant) I use myself for others to try to and just build the Lineage 18.1 ROM without much testing.
    If you prefer to use a more well-tested Android 11 ROM, I suggest to look at Havoc-OS.
    Contributions to the sources are welcome and likely get integrated into the next release.

Contributors
    modpunk, derf elot, Rooted_Ansh, Flamefire, linckandrea
    Source Code: https://github.com/Flamefire/android_device_sony_lilac, Original: https://github.com/whatawurst/

If you want to buy me a coffee/beer, I'll appreciate it but it is not necessary.
    Also please consider donating to the original authors too or to local charities as requested by @modpunk

Special thanks to landsome for donating a test phone for bug hunting and development.

ROM OS Version: Android 10/11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
    Based On: LineageOS
    CHANGELOG

2022-08-12

• August security patches
    • Kernel update (v4.4-st20)
    2022-07-25/28
    • July security patches
    • Kernel update
    2022-06-30
    • June security patches
    • Kernel update
    • Backport fix for CVE-2021-39686
    • Workaround fixing bootloop with recent OpenGapps (20220503 tested)
    2022-05-16
    • May security patches
    • Fix mic volume issue with wired headsets
    • Known issue: OpenGapps after 15/2 result in bootloop
    2022-05-03
    • April security patches
    • Kernel update (CIP st5-tag)
    • Removed LineageOS updater (unused application here)
    • Added Sony identification packages (Compatibility for some Sony apps from other sources)
    2022-03-20
    • March security patches
    • Updated some carrier configs (mostly Indian&Chinese) for IMS (VoLTE...)
    • Better support for flip covers
    • Allow disabling battery optimizations for the SMS app
    2022-02-20
    • February security patches
    • Kernel 4.4.302 (final LTS kernel)
    • Re-enable VoLTE toggle switch (there were reports of modem crashes when VoLTE is disabled, can't reproduce this, hence added the setting back)
    2022-01-23
    • January security patches
    • Kernel 4.4.299
    • Wireguard v1.0.20211208
    • Enhanced display brightness range
    • Experimental Ultra-Dim mode
    2021-12-19
    • December security patches
    • Kernel 4.4.295
    • QCom driver updates
    • Fix some permission issues
    • Reset phone ID to XZ1C
    2021-11-29
    • November security patches
    • Kernel 4.4.291
    • Fix IMS on 17.1
    • Fix/enhance Wifi-Display
    • Fix some power hints
    • Update APNs
    2021-10-19
    • October security patches
    • Kernel 4.4.288
    2021-09-18
    • September security patches
    • Include some more security patches from AOSP
    • Clang 11 for LOS 17.1 version (same as 18.1, improved optimizations)
    • Misc bugfixes backported from Android 11 to Android 10
    • Kernel 4.4.283
    2021-08-11
    • August security patches
    • Fix bug with switch 3G->4G in XperiaParts not working on slow boot
    • Include some more security patches from AOSP
    • Kernel 4.4.279
    2021-07-20
    • July security patches
    • Kernel 4.4.275
    2021-07-03
    • June security patches
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.272
    • Updated APNs
    I'm happy to announce the June update. Took a lot more work as I backported quite a bit to our kernel to fix CVE-2021-39686 although I'm not sure we were ever really affected by that. Anyway the backport fixes that hole and a few potential others making the device a bit safer!
    @MarkMRL Update 20220516 is out which should also fix the headset issue. Reproduced, found and fixed it as far as I can tell.
    I updated the ROM with the January security patches. I also included the "Ultra Dim" QuickSettings tile to reduce the screen brightness (overall). But that is experimental. I'm thinking about including that in the range of the brightness, i.e. make the lowest brightness levels less. Problem is that there are only 255 values possible so I have to define a switch-over point somehow and distribute those 255 values over effectively 2 distinct ranges. Let's see...

I also added Google Drive downloads temporarily as a backup if AFH fails again...