[ROM] LineageOS 17.1 | Android 10 [UNOFFICIAL] [Sep8]

Search This thread

Bradford1040

Mar 5, 2016
West Palm Beach, FL
Anyone still working on this? I've been using since 12/25/2020 and have an OTG question?

1+7tpro5g-12gb McLaren

Also a webview issue, that I could use help with

Noticed with 5g enabled (nr) I lose mobile network connection when switching from NR to LTE not sure if that is my carrier or rom issue, but figured I'd bring it up

The "OTG" problem is still an issue for me, i am going to buy a few different adapters, see if it's an adapter issue, but the one I was using worked on multiple other phone models & manufacturers

WebView issue, I debloated systemlessly with a magisk module & then downloaded an updated version from playstore & then systemize systemlessly that one, seems to work, might not be the best way.

Last edited:

Bradford1040

Mar 5, 2016
West Palm Beach, FL
You want to know, after two plus months, I am really loving this rom, there are a few glitches I would really appreciate to be fixed, but every day I find something else that just works "because" of the way this rom was assembled.

Scarbelli

Mar 30, 2015
OnePlus 9 Pro
wow. does no one user lineage anymore lol? this is the deadest Lineage ROM thread on xda ive ever seen lol. btw i added a donate link... and slowly but surely making progress on fingerprint sensor... turns out Oneplus 8 has the same bug from simply unlocking the bootloader. Also i forgot to enable 90Htz refresh rate for our builds, did that today, will be releasing new build shortly, i have very slow upload...
Probably dead because people keep using MEGA for downloads.. MEGA is an aggravating waste of time. I myself If I see the thread uses mega I'm out of there.

JoeF2

Jan 4, 2011
Austin, TX
@albinoman887 Have you stopped maintaining? Dead? :confused::crying:

If so, thanks for all your hard work! Hopefully someone else can pick up support?

This is such a great phone hardware-wise. It just lacks so much dev support
There is a Lineage 18.1 build now, here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-lineageos-18-1-android-11-unofficial-mar3.4192829/
Still used Mega for DL, which is broken. But there is a Telegram support group, and there is a working DL link there.
Running that as my daily driver.

Bradford1040

Mar 5, 2016
West Palm Beach, FL
There is a Lineage 18.1 build now, here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-lineageos-18-1-android-11-unofficial-mar3.4192829/
Still used Mega for DL, which is broken. But there is a Telegram support group, and there is a working DL link there.
Running that as my daily driver.
Im still running 17.1 as my daily driver, it (17.1) is not dead, the Dev is waiting for some hardware to do the security patch.

Just because its not A11 or A12 doesn't mean its not relevant. I know plenty of dev's still running A7.1.

You pick the version that works best for you & your device, the newest rom is always kinda cool from new features but mostly it also has the most bugs.

JoeF2

Jan 4, 2011
Austin, TX
Im still running 17.1 as my daily driver, it (17.1) is not dead, the Dev is waiting for some hardware to do the security patch.

Just because its not A11 or A12 doesn't mean its not relevant. I know plenty of dev's still running A7.1.

You pick the version that works best for you & your device, the newest rom is always kinda cool from new features but mostly it also has the most bugs.
Well, this ROM (17.1) crashed on me very often, sometimes multiple times a day. The 18.1 ROM kept me from throwing this phone away. YMMV, of course.
And btw, on the 18.1 thread, the Dev mentioned that he had moved on from this phone:
"This will most likely be my final release as i have moved on to the Snapdragon variant of the Note 20 Ultra 5G. Thanks for the support guys and I hope you enjoy my work. Hopefully someone will pick up where I left off."
So, I doubt there will be any new 17.1 ROM coming out. Others continue to provide 18.1 builds.

Last edited:

Bradford1040

Mar 5, 2016
West Palm Beach, FL
Well, this ROM (17.1) crashed on me very often, sometimes multiple times a day. The 18.1 ROM kept me from throwing this phone away. YMMV, of course.
And btw, on the 18.1 thread, the Dev mentioned that he had moved on from this phone:
"This will most likely be my final release as i have moved on to the Snapdragon variant of the Note 20 Ultra 5G. Thanks for the support guys and I hope you enjoy my work. Hopefully someone will pick up where I left off."
So, I doubt there will be any new 17.1 ROM coming out. Others continue to provide 18.1 builds.
You obviously are not a member of the telegram group, the dev's for basically every rom for this phone are in that group, https://t.me/op7tpro5g

Im not sure which Dev said they moved on, but if you have telegram id suggest joining. We have a very niece phone, but there are a few choices of ROMs in the group

JoeF2

Jan 4, 2011
Austin, TX
You obviously are not a member of the telegram group, the dev's for basically every rom for this phone are in that group, https://t.me/op7tpro5g

Im not sure which Dev said they moved on, but if you have telegram id suggest joining. We have a very niece phone, but there are a few choices of ROMs in the group
I've actually been in the Telegram group...
The dev I was quoting is the guy who started this thread, and the 18.1 thread. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...oid-11-unofficial-mar3.4192829/#post-83965615
There may be other devs, of course, but they don't post here. And I build LOS for a bunch of my devices myself as well.

Reactions: Bradford1040

eqroiueq

Aug 27, 2017
stuck on the boot screen never boots what am i doimg wrong
A few months late, but for anyone else: try wiping data after flashing, before rebooting.

Is there a non-Mega non-gapps download available? After playing around with A11 roms for a bit, I'd like to go back to less restricted A10, and LineageOS has been my favorite for a while.

Bradford1040

Mar 5, 2016
West Palm Beach, FL
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2F_qciZ_MtPTGjDb-adIt4fAUOirk%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fimg.xda-cdn.com%252Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%253D%252Fhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fi.imgur.com%25252F2okPze5.png

This is an UNOFFICIAL build. of LineageOS 17.1 for the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G Mclaren. I did NOT create this ROM, it is an Open Source project by the community for the community and has many many contributors , some from this very thread!. thanks to all who have contributed to CyanogenMod/LineageOS over the years.

Supported device: OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren (hotdogg)

Code:
    [B]IMPORTANT[/B]

* Builds are done when they are done, and not a second sooner. Please no build begging.
    * Do NOT be rude.
    * If you don't get a reply from me in a timely manner about your bug, sorry i do this in my spare time
    * Respect all users
    * If I see a NOOB question and I don't feel like replying, I WONT.

c4ypvbf.png

• Built from latest LineageOS/Android 10 source
    • Service
    • Text
    • Data
    • Call
    • VoLTE/WiFI Calling/IMS/5G]
    • Audio
    • WiFi
    • Google Now
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • MMS
    • Video playback
    • Audio playback
    • Camera
    • Video recording
    • NFC

bJO9QqG.png

• ??? You tell me

Unlock Warning:
    By unlocking a OnePlus phone, you can loose permanent functionality in fingerprint scanner and OTAs for Stock ROMS if improper steps are taken.
    Please see 2rd post for backup instructions BEFORE flashing this or ANY custom ROMs
    Join our Telegram Chat for added support

2jpqfKR.png

PAY ATTENTION!! DIFFERENT THEN MOST DEVICES! CURRENTLY TWRP DOESNT SUPPORT OUR DEVICE SO FASTBOOT MUST BE USED INSTEAD! GAPPS IS ALSO INCLUDED IN THE BUILD DUE TO SAME LACK OF TWRP!
    • (if you are comfortable with fastboot just run the following commands from fastbootd, if you are unsure of the procedure please read on IT IS DIFFERENT THEN TWRP!
      Code:
      (boot to bootloader)
      fastboot reboot fastboot
      fastboot -w
      fastboot update lineage-17.1-20200723-UNOFFICIAL-hotdogg+GAPPS_fastboot.zip
    • Boot to bootloader
    • from terminal/command prompt: fastboot reboot fastboot
      (Don't forget the above step! This will bring us into fastbootd mode. Regular bootloader/fastboot doesn't have access to all needed partitions for flashing. You will see 'partition not found' errors)
      Note: In order to access fastbootd mode, we must have stock recovery flashed until TWRP is fixed
    • if you are coming from a different rom wipe userdata by typing fastboot -w
    • now type fastboot update filename.zip where filename is the name of the downloaded zip. (e.g, lineage-17.1-20200723-UNOFFICIAL-hotdogg+GAPPS_fastboot.zip)

w5xnyz0.png

• Any and all users in this thread who contributed or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
    • LineageOS Devs
    • @mjevange
    • @Omariscal1019
    • Me

cvU6373.png

Not expected by any means but always brings a smile to my face when I see it, If anyone wants to Paypal me a couple bucks my way it would really help cuver all the coffee and smokes i go through debugging stuff haha :)

Thanks and happy flashing!

l5SakBJ.png

[*] See Post 3

lSuV72q.png

[*] See Post 3

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage 17.1 for OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren, ROM for the OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren

Contributors
    albinoman887
    Source Code: http://github.com/Albinoman887

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-06-29
    Last Updated 2020-06-29
    Unlock Warning:
    - This matters only if you ever want to revert to OnePlus ROMs or a fully stock phone
    - Choose a method below to get backups BEFORE unlocking to prevent this
    - persist.img and reserve.img are most important, but get full dump/backup to be safe
    - If you need help, join our Telegram Chat

Getting your phone into EDL mode
    Code:
    - While holding {Vol+} & {Vol-}, insert USB
    - Your screen will remain blank, you will immediately be in EDL mode
    - You will have 10 seconds to interact with EDL mode, or the phone will restart into Charging mode
    - If an EDL mode interaction fails, you will need to first reboot into fastboot by holding {Vol+} & {Vol-} & {Power} for 10 seconds

MSM Readback (Windows Only)
    Download Tool
    Grab any MSM Tool version

Obtain Backup
    - Launch tool
    - Select Target 'TMO'
    - Press F8 (password is 'oneplus')
    - Select Partitions & Hit OK
    (persist.img and reserve.img are very important, but can't hurt to have a copy of everything, use Ctrl-A to select all)
    - Put phone in EDL mode (SEE NOTE)
    - Enumerate device
    - Click Readback & Wait

EDL Tool Backup (Linux Only)
    Obtain the tool
    Use GIT:
    Code:
    ~$ git clone [email protected]:bkerler/edl.git
    —or—
    Download ZIP: https://github.com/bkerler/edl/archive/master.zip

Prep
    Use the included README for required packages / setup
    Pay attention to UDEV rules, python, and pip

Backup
    In the edl folder:
    - Create folder named dumps
    - Put phone in EDL mode (SEE NOTE)
    - Use edl.py:
    Code:
    ~$ ./edl.py rl dumps/ --memory=ufs --genxml --skip=userdata
    sB7atuO.png

Sep 8
    * Adjusted size and position of Fingerprint Scanner icon to match stock
    * Fixed position of Keyguard so the Emergency call button is no longer covered by FP icon.
    * Fixed issue when you would wake the device and tap the lock screen the Fingerprint Icon with shift either left or right a few pixels
    * Adjusted the color the fingerprint icon lights up when pressed to match stock values, Increases the speed of finger detection considerably
    * Fine tune the size of the status bar (it was a little wonky)
    * Removed the hack to re-add Face Unlock now that Fingerprint Sensor is working
    * General cleanup and housekeeping.
    * Any and all changes merged to LineageOS as of Sep 8th

Aug 29
    * FINGERPRINT SENSOR IS FINALLY WORKING!!!!! This took me no joke, 100s of hours to figure out. I honestly thought it was a lost cause. There a a couple cosmetic issues still like the icon still showing when you swipe up to enter pin instead of using your fingerprint. I think thats it.
    * General under the hood improvments

July 23
    * Updated flashing method. No more clunky scripts , we now are using a fastboot update zip. This is the same method the OEMs use to flash, simply boot to fastbootd and run (fastboot update filename.zip) where filename is the name of the downloaded zip. Installation instructions in first post are updated to reflect this change. dont use TWRP its still buggy as hell
    * Ported Face Unlock feature from previous Android versions as a alternative to fingerprint unlock until that issue is resolved.
    * Enable SELinux Enforcing
    * Update security patch to June 2020
    * Upstream changes and possibly a couple other small things I forgot

July 07
    * Updated vendor libraries to 10.0.36
    * General source cleanup and optimization
    * Updated build fingerprint to match vendor
    * still no FP , but progress being made

June 29
    * Initial Release

l5SakBJ.png

[ROM]: lineage-17.1-20200908-UNOFFICIAL-hotdogg+GAPPS_fastboot
    Gapps: TEMP INCLUDED WITH ROM IMG UNTIL ITS FLASHABLE VIA CUSTOM RECOVERY
    [Download Archive]: All ROMs

lSuV72q.png

https://github.com/LineageOS
    https://github.com/Team-Hydra/android_device_oneplus_sm8150-common
    https://github.com/Team-Hydra/android_device_oneplus_hotdogg
    https://github.com/Team-Hydra/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150
    https://github.com/Team-Hydra/proprietary_vendor_oneplus

Contributors
    albinoman887
    New build posted, There is a new flashing procedure with this build so please read the changelog but for those who wont basically its a fastboot update zip now, this is how OEMs flash their builds, scripts are no longer needed. simply boot to fastbootd and run fastboot update filename.zip (fastboot -w as well if you are coming from a different rom)

Hopefully this will make things less daunting for more novice users.

also i added faceunlock until we get fod working
    wow. does no one user lineage anymore lol? this is the deadest Lineage ROM thread on xda ive ever seen lol. btw i added a donate link... and slowly but surely making progress on fingerprint sensor... turns out Oneplus 8 has the same bug from simply unlocking the bootloader. Also i forgot to enable 90Htz refresh rate for our builds, did that today, will be releasing new build shortly, i have very slow upload...